Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

blastron posted:

When the hell did that happen?

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1081.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

sebmojo posted:

The whole story will be done before the pox matters, that was the joke.

seaborgium posted:

It'll be a one panel side joke where Roy sneezes, and she casts it on everyone so they don't get a cold or something.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Alternatively Durkon knows because Hel told Durkula.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

sebmojo posted:

The whole story will be done before the pox matters, that was the joke.

No way, when it's done incubating it'll be the crux of the comic's plot.

In 2045.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Elan's happy ending probably involves everyone not dying of Sphinx Pox.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

ultrafilter posted:

Elan's happy ending probably involves everyone not dying of Sphinx Pox.

I feel like we can't say this for certain.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
Wouldn't Durkon also now be cured of Sphinx Pox, seeing as he was turned undead, then turned into a heap of dust, and then resurrected with a 7th level spell? Even if he contracts it again from the rest of the party, the incubation timer should reset. Hopefully one of the three clerics would cure it as it starts to manifest in the other party members... sometime during the comic's denouement ten years from now.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

They'll get hit by a random Cure Disease or whatever and it'll never be mentioned again.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
It was entirely a joke by Rich that now people are probably going cork board string web with asking "WHAT DOES IT MEAN?" only to get disappointed when it gets cured in a single panel and they get made fun of with a snarky comment in the next panel.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Sky Shadowing posted:

It was entirely a joke by Rich that now people are probably going cork board string web with asking "WHAT DOES IT MEAN?" only to get disappointed when it gets cured in a single panel and they get made fun of with a snarky comment in the next panel.

It was a throw away gag where I fully expect another callback gag to it. Maybe one strip where Belkar starts talking in silly riddles which wind up giving some helpful insight and then everyone is cured between strips if Rich wants to go extreme with it.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It would be a very funny last page of the epilogue to just have everyone drop dead from a long-forgotten disease attack.

I'm glad the other cleric might come back too, although admittedly it might be a bit arbitrary considering a whole bunch of dwarves have died as a result of this vampire attack. If we're talking tactical use of revival resources, that more senior priest Durkula killed in the initial attack might be a wiser choice. I suppose she has a bit of an edge information-wise, having gotten the scoop straight from Thor about the cosmic need for Durkon's new peace-making mission, so maybe having the support of a local cleric who can back up his case will help too.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

If they're short on diamonds, she might be the highest-level dwarf here who hasn't been vampirized and can be Raise Dead'd for 5k instead of 10k.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm not so sure Sphinx Pox are gonna be a throwaway gag, since I don't believe Rich Burlew can resist the temptation to introduce a riddle or several, but at the same time, it was an uncommonly ham-fisted way to not so much foreshadow it as plonk it right in your path.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm not so sure Sphinx Pox are gonna be a throwaway gag, since I don't believe Rich Burlew can resist the temptation to introduce a riddle or several, but at the same time, it was an uncommonly ham-fisted way to not so much foreshadow it as plonk it right in your path.

That's pretty much what Hela is in this story

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
But the party is going to be really really dwarf cleric heavy

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

ikanreed posted:

Hey now, most of that is armor!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
A party can never have enough clerics.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

ikanreed posted:

This can be part of the point, slowly transitioning away from "gameplay convention" and "story tropes drive the plot" to "What narratively makes sense given everything up til now".

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

ikanreed posted:

Three dwarf clerics? It'll never work.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
1149 - enough diamonds already

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

I think she meant "No, thanks."

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Guess he'll be telling off Hel sooner than he thought. :v:

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Well, technically he was doing "the honorable thing"....

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Toplowtech posted:

I think she meant "No, thanks."

That's also her "yes"

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
OUCH. That's another level down the drain.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Aumanor posted:

Did they still do that in 3.5? I went straight from 3 where they did, to Pathfinder where they decided that permeant punishments suck

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

ikanreed posted:

Did they still do that in 3.5? I went straight from 3 where they did, to Pathfinder where they decided that permeant punishments suck

I distinctly recall Roy remarking at some point that he's only just got back to where he was, level-wise, before he died.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Raise Dead drops you a level, resurrection does not, iirc.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

Aumanor posted:

In his vampire form he could cast level 8 spells. So i guess he is still around level 13.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Raise Dead drops you a level, resurrection does not, iirc.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/resurrection.htm

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/trueResurrection.htm has no level loss.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Welp

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Ah but since rivals need to be the same level and Hilgya isn't losing her own levels, that means Durkon now needs to match her instead!

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Ahahaha

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

I like how she cover up the baby's face.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well, I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't that. Any of that.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Somehow can't revive him, boom shaggy dog story

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Is this her yes or her no, I can't tell.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's her way of getting another minute or ten (depending on Raise Dead versus Resurrection for the second one since he's much more intact) to think of a good response.

Alternatively, she's just following through on her declared mission, "murder Durkon Thundershield," from her first strip since returning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

She wasn't chanting "True Resurrection", my man.