Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Vasudus posted:

I think the strategy (if you can call it that) was to ride out the Trump presidency like a smash-and-grab. Do as much agenda pushing as you can before the music stops, because you know it's going to happen. Best case, the special counsel takes his time and Trump loses naturally in 2020. Except they appointed Bobby Fuckin' Three Sticks to the special counsel and not some party turd like Ken Starr. So not only are they about to probably end this presidency in 2019, it's going to have insane collateral to all the grifters that were hitching a ride in the process.

Nothing matters, there will be no consequences for anyone important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

re: bits coin

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Predictably, cop boss of the DHS has come out and blamed the parent of the 7-year old who died in CBP custody.

All cops are blameless is the new ACAB.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Vasudus posted:

I think the strategy (if you can call it that) was to ride out the Trump presidency like a smash-and-grab. Do as much agenda pushing as you can before the music stops, because you know it's going to happen. Best case, the special counsel takes his time and Trump loses naturally in 2020. Except they appointed Bobby Fuckin' Three Sticks to the special counsel and not some party turd like Ken Starr. So not only are they about to probably end this presidency in 2019, it's going to have insane collateral to all the grifters that were hitching a ride in the process.
If it's just campaign finance violations, it'll get ridden out to at least 2020. Take Clinton's handling of his affair handling fuckups, subtract 20+ years of 'screw decorum' and you get a big fat nothingburger.

I hope Mueller finds something prosecutable on Trump 1) directing his people to be unregistered foreign agents, or 2) directly soliciting or directing the solicitation of in-kind (hacking, FB-botting, etc.) foreign campaign contributions or knowingly accepting the same or 3) knowingly accepting money donations/contributions with specific quid-pro-quos.
Nothing else will matter enough to make a difference.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/adamserwer/status/1073223576579264512?s=21

Agreed.

Older white dudes spent so much time worried about decorum and trying to push liberals to the center or right so that conservative uncle/friend wouldn’t have his feelings hurt that they ignored the rise of right wing extremism.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

joat mon posted:

If it's just campaign finance violations, it'll get ridden out to at least 2020. Take Clinton's handling of his affair handling fuckups, subtract 20+ years of 'screw decorum' and you get a big fat nothingburger.

I hope Mueller finds something prosecutable on Trump 1) directing his people to be unregistered foreign agents, or 2) directly soliciting or directing the solicitation of in-kind (hacking, FB-botting, etc.) foreign campaign contributions or knowingly accepting the same or 3) knowingly accepting money donations/contributions with specific quid-pro-quos.
Nothing else will matter enough to make a difference.

All 3 of those are completely plausible, and I doubt trumps team was smart enough to cover their tracks or at least seem like their on the up and up

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hot Karl Marx posted:

All 3 of those are completely plausible, and I doubt trumps team was smart enough to cover their tracks or at least seem like their on the up and up

Don't forget that they all think being an absolute den of vipers is somehow a sign of competitive strength because trump thrives on the pageantry of who can most ingratiate themselves with him and the most efficient way to do so is to take out the frontrunner.

So they're absolutely going to be ratting each other out given the opportunity.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
More good news:

https://twitter.com/Davidlaz/status...ingawful.com%2F

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i can't believe people here will still defend capitalism lmao

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

mods changed my name posted:

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

I think in terms of the mineral structure, chrysotile (usu. mined for asbestos production) is pretty close to talc
they're both magnesium-rich phyllosilicates, but chrysotile has been serpentinized, or hydrated within some particular P-T
Kinda makes sense you would find it as a contaminant in this product

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

I would argue that capitalism is merely a symptom of the root disease, that being that humans are short-sighted garbage idiots

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I would argue that capitalism is merely a symptom of the root disease, that being that humans are short-sighted garbage idiots

oh maybe but perhaps if that's the case we shouldn't institute a system which rewards those traits

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

oh maybe but perhaps if that's the case we shouldn't institute a system which rewards those traits

I have complete faith in humanity's ability to find ways to exploit any economic system for personal gain.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
i guess we shouldn't even try, you're right

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

i guess we shouldn't even try, you're right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEwSfbE9IXc

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Christie says no to the chief of staff job lmao.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1073637441930706944

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

FAUXTON posted:

About an hour ago, Christie was the #1 choice. RIP

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

FAUXTON posted:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1073637441930706944

I'm sorry, you're wrong.

Everyone wants to work in this White House

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1073638615601831936

Since the prior post has a deleted tweet now.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
rip so many deleted tweets

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Hiring only the best people!

a stopped clock and all that

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

FAUXTON posted:

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1073638615601831936

Since the prior post has a deleted tweet now.

this one too now lol

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

if you're insulated from its worst effects, it is very funny

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.newsweek.com/2018/12/21/evangelicals-republicans-trump-millenials-1255745.html

One can hope 🙏🏽

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We won't have to impeach Trump, a lack of staff would neuter the executive branch.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

gently caress it someone else can post the one she ends up not deleting.

:colbert:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EBB posted:

We won't have to impeach Trump, a lack of staff would neuter the executive branch.

the lamest duck, truly the lamest

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
I keep telling yall the best result we can get is an executive branch so dysfunctional that it can't do anything

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I keep telling yall the best result we can get is an executive branch so dysfunctional that it can't do anything

Can you repeat that in Spanish please?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/zoetillman/status/1073601612587900933?s=21

That’s rather curious.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It'll end up being Kush because it appears everyone else has finally figured out that you have a pretty reasonable chance of eventual jail time if you work for Trump.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

sharknado slashfic posted:

It'll end up being Kush because it appears everyone else has finally figured out that you have a pretty reasonable chance of eventual jail time if you work for Trump.

I can't tell if you're talking about the chief of staff thing or the super secret grand jury case.

In the words of that mexican girl in the taco commercial, why not both?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
This poo poo is bananas.

https://twitter.com/kyle_feldscher/status/1073402893481451520?s=21

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Wild. The Titanic beats the hell out of manganese nodules.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Mainly because its been known for ages. Ballard used his experience from the sub mission to locate the Titanic by searching for the debris and following it to the main wreck. The Titanic has fascinated me since I first read Ballard's book in the late 80s. I'd kill for full unedited wreck diving footage, especially if it involves the interior.

This is like my favorite picture from inside the wreck, its part of the Turkish bath. Look at how well preserved everything is. The glass still there, even after the bow hitting the bottom at something like 35 mph.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Dec 14, 2018

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Didn't Ballard admit this like 20 years ago?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

sharknado slashfic posted:

even if you keep yourself clean the pay can't possibly cover the nearly guaranteed lawyer fees

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Pff old news CNN, that's been declassified for years

But Ballard found Scorpion, Thresher AND Titanic in one loving mission, because he's awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

MA-Horus posted:

Pff old news CNN, that's been declassified for years

But Ballard found Scorpion, Thresher AND Titanic in one loving mission, because he's awesome.

As well as the Bismarck, the Yorktown, PT-109, and plenty of others. Ballard is one of the coolest people ever.