Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

weird Asian candy posted:

Forecast for tonight is cold, windy and a steady rain throughout the game apparently which is great because my opponent has Rivers, Allen and Kelce going tonight. It may make or break our matchup, here's to hoping for a low scoring slop fest with lots of running! :ohdear:

Looks like no more rain is forecast but should still be chilling with like 10-15 mph winds.

drat, I was hoping for as much help as possible going against Mahomes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

That's not good news, I have Mahomes going tonight. At least my opponent has Austin Ekeler. I'm glad I nabbed Jackson and Damien Williams before he could.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

VietCampo posted:

Looks like no more rain is forecast but should still be chilling with like 10-15 mph winds.

drat, I was hoping for as much help as possible going against Mahomes.

Ah man, though wind sucks more for the players than rain so let's kick that wind the fuq up!

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DTaeKim posted:

Oh God, do I start Damien Williams or Justin Jackson or roll with Jones vs. Chicago? No PPR, standard scoring.

And let me complicate things by advocating for Jones. DSYS, and he's #5 overall RB in the past 5 games. Dude has been rocking it, McCarthy isn't there to irrationally hate on his best RB, and it's a divisional matchup so I don't put as much stock in stout defenses as I usually do when they face a team that hasn't been obsessing over their schemes.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Considering starting Justin Jackson over Aaron Jones (@CHI) this week if Melvin sits.

Anyone else considering this? Feel like Aaron will have a down week... but don’t want to get “too cute” in the semis.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
I've had a really steady lineup all year but in full point ppr league I added Damien Williams and my RB2/flex choice is two of him, Cohen, Tyler Boyd and David Johnson. Leaning Johnson/Cohen but Williams over Johnson intrigues me if anyone has an opinion on that.

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

tonic posted:

Considering starting Justin Jackson over Aaron Jones (@CHI) this week if Melvin sits.

Anyone else considering this? Feel like Aaron will have a down week... but don’t want to get “too cute” in the semis.

Look above your post. I have the same situation. To be, it depends if Melvin Gordon is ruled out IMO.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I, for one, am starting Trent Sherfield. Take that fantasy gods!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Anyone here playing Derrick Henry above Damien Williams (0.5 PPR)?

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

DTaeKim posted:

Look above your post. I have the same situation. To be, it depends if Melvin Gordon is ruled out IMO.

99% he’s out. I moved Jackson into my lineup. Hope this doesn’t bite me in the rear end.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Gordon is out tonight

https://twitter.com/_jacknadeau/status/1073358644778070021

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
gdi...:rip: that Gordon/Conner lineup that was murdering folks in the reg season

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Would the Chiefs still play a really banged up Hill on special teams right before the playoffs though?

Don't follow them closely so not sure they would or not.

Two things here, one Hill is kind of usually extremely durable. Him being "banged up" is a stepped-on heel that bruised and that makes it very painful to walk on. But apparently he has no pain when he runs, since he runs on the balls of his feet. It's a weird injury. I'm thinking he might play punt return tonight.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I am starting both Damien Williams and Justin Jackson in a Thursday game in the fantasy playoffs.

My God.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

coronaball posted:

I am starting both Damien Williams and Justin Jackson in a Thursday game in the fantasy playoffs.

My God.

What a time to be alive!

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
I grabbed Jackson off the waiver wire this week and I'm starting him as my RB2 over the J.Howard / T.Cohen poo poo factory.

I also got Damien Williams, and I'm wondering if he'd be worth a flex over one of my WRs (I have four good WRs - Mike Evans, Juju, Amari, and Edelman). I'm worries that Williams's situation is going to be much more of a committee than Jackson. What do ya'll think?

EDIT: After taking a loot at Williams's efficiency numbers, and considering there are two guys behind him who could see plenty of touches, I am not going to play Williams. He might go off, but he's been a terrible runner his entire career.

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 14, 2018

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

As a Washington fan, I don't think people understand just how inconceivably hosed the Redskins are right now.

- They have no offensive line. They're missing their center and two guards, and their left tackle is recovering from an injury.
- They have no quarterback. Specifically they've had four. The current quarterback has had less than two weeks to learn the playbook after Sanchez was benched.
- They have no offensive weapons. Reed is out, AP is old, Thompson is made of glass, and their receivers are sub-par at best.
- They have no hope. Gruden has lost the locker room, the biggest story is a defensive player saying "gently caress this team" in a DM, and even though they're still in the playoff hunt nobody expects them to survive anything.

Ultimately the question about Jacksonville is simple; is it better to bring out a mediocre defense against a bottom tier opponent or an elite defense against a upper tier opponent? While I get folks saying "DSYS" and declaring this to be an obvious choice, I don't think it's that simple. The same team that got humiliated by Tennessee last Thursday shut down the Colts in Week 13 after giving up 29 points to them on Week 10.

Based on the input here I'm starting Chicago, but I think there's a bit more nuance than that.

whoa whoa hang on now

jacksonville, or buffalo? you're tempting me with this jacksonville talk

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I’m starting one player this week that I drafted

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Going with Jackson over Jones. Bears have allowed only 4 rushing TDs all year and 1082 yards to date. Barkley and Gore are the only 100+ rushing yards the Bears allowed. I like Jones, but not that much

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

sourdough posted:

So most of my teams have at least a handful of players in common. E.g., I root for Keenan Allen and Stefon Diggs and against Antonio Brown and McCaffrey basically everywhere.

5 out of my 10 teams still in the playoffs have Keenan Allen on them :negative:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This damien williams guy seems alright

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Leperflesh posted:

90% of goons would seem alright being a rb in that offense.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Toughest matchup of the season and Keenan Allen goes down :rip:

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
This discussion came up in league chat today with all the Williams’ getting points tonight. What last name has the record for most points scored in a week across all games? Surely it’s Smith or Williams or Jones or something, just wonder what it is.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

illcendiary posted:

This discussion came up in league chat today with all the Williams’ getting points tonight. What last name has the record for most points scored in a week across all games? Surely it’s Smith or Williams or Jones or something, just wonder what it is.

Its Osweiler

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

piratepilates posted:

whoa whoa hang on now

jacksonville, or buffalo? you're tempting me with this jacksonville talk

I like Jacksonville here.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum
Well, d. Williams was a good play, hill dropping a surefire td was disappointing... overall my first playoff game is looking better than it did yesterday :v:

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Jose Valasquez posted:

Toughest matchup of the season and Keenan Allen goes down :rip:

Goondolences.

Although my opponent had him and Kelce combine for 13 points which was a huge swing in projections for us. He is also the guy I traded Allen for Mixon to so I kinda feel bad.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Yes, yes, it is GOOD that Reek and Keenan gave me 8 points combined. That's one way to end a 13-1 season :negative:

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Leperflesh posted:

I feel like the dude could have been a star if not for the poo poo vision as a ball-carrier.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Odell is out, gently caress!

Now it's a fun choice between Doug Martin, Dede Westbrook, Marlon Mack, Crabtree, and Zay Jones.

I like Westbrook, but hard to deny Martin's easy matchup. I just want a player who will have the type of game Damien Williams just had against me. That'd be great.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

ELO Musk posted:

Yes, yes, it is GOOD that Reek and Keenan gave me 8 points combined. That's one way to end a 13-1 season :negative:

I don't think I can make myself draft Tyreek again, those few 30+ games are great but half the season were under 10 point games

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

decypher posted:

Odell is out, gently caress!

Now it's a fun choice between Doug Martin, Dede Westbrook, Marlon Mack, Crabtree, and Zay Jones.

I like Westbrook, but hard to deny Martin's easy matchup. I just want a player who will have the type of game Damien Williams just had against me. That'd be great.

Martin seems like a relatively safe choice out of all of those. He has been scoring every week too.

Rick Grimes
Oct 12, 2005

We Are The Walking Dead
Isaiah Crowell is now on IR, and Elijah McGuire is off the injury report/starting. Grab him if you’re desperate, but they are playing the Texans, so ymmv

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I think I'm ditching Meyers for Bryant. Screw it. I don't trust the Jets offense at all...

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Rick Grimes posted:

Isaiah Crowell is now on IR, and Elijah McGuire is off the injury report/starting. Grab him if you’re desperate, but they are playing the Texans, so ymmv

Glad I have the Texans D

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I just want to say how much I love fantasy football. Being good all year and then losing to a guy who started two 3rd string running backs this week (Williams and Jackson).

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I hate Saturday games loving up my decision making process. With James Conner questionable, I'm stuck waiting. I don't think I can win without him, but I definitely can't win if he doesn't start. :argh:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

My stack of Keenan Allen and Lamar Miller is lookin' real good :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

Jose Valasquez posted:

My stack of Keenan Allen and Lamar Miller is lookin' real good :smithicide:

Dude I'm so hosed cause of Miller. Soo hosed. I loving hate fantasy football. My nemesis is going to beat me :(