Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm still convinced that The Fifth Element is the worst movie I've ever seen in a theater I really hate that movie

Noooooooooo

That movie owns

Worst movie I've seen in theater was Good Will Hunting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh yeah and Happy! is on Netflix now and is set around Christmas so it's the perfect time to watch one of the most underrated shows in recent memory!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

precision posted:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

Noooooooooo

That movie owns

Hmm. Quoting a bad take to correct it and then offering a worse take of your own. Interesting strategy.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Uuuuuuuuuh.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

MiddleOne posted:

Uuuuuuuuuh.

SNL sketch I think.

And Good Will Hunting is a good movie. What's with all the bad takes y'all?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

IRQ posted:

SNL sketch I think.

Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back ya pleb.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I didn't say Good Will Hunting was bad, I said it's the worst movie I've seen in theater. I can't recall any outright bad movies I've paid to see in theater.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

I saw coneheads with my friend in an empty theater and it was painful. I wanted to walk out but he insisted on staying. That’s the worst theater experience I’ve ever had.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back ya pleb.

I remember exactly one thing from that movie, and it's Jay's reaction to the internet.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

precision posted:

I didn't say Good Will Hunting was bad, I said it's the worst movie I've seen in theater. I can't recall any outright bad movies I've paid to see in theater.

I know I’ve seen some terrible movies in the theatre, but for some reason I can’t remember what ones.

It’s weird, because I remember leaving the theatre angry I wasted time and money to see garbage

Oh right, it was transformers 2. And Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull. Whew. Not going full Alzheimer’s. Those were both midnight release showings, too.

I also saw Snakes on a Plane at a midnight release showing, and though that movie was terrible I had a blast.

Mercury Ballistic
Nov 14, 2005

not gun related
I was watching Titanic in a theater. The film jumped off the reel and froze on a cut of DiCaprio and we watched his face quickly turn yellow, then black, then melt to bare white. Then the lights came up and they refunded us our tickets. Came back to finish a day later and that segment was missing.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

precision posted:

Be glad you didn't see Joy in the cinema.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Oh yeah I forgot I saw The Animal in the theater because my friend is a loving moron.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Happy! is awesome and also makes me want to see a Max Payne Netflix series starring Christopher Meloni. He’d be perfect for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Shadow was a pretty terrible in theater experience. There were two idiots who decided to heckle the film halfway through which nearly led to bloodshed.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/hayesdavenport/status/1073672451567972353

lol

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
I got too drunk and saw some of Mortal Kombat in the theater....saw a lot of the theater toilet bowl too :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I am going all in. I saw Adventures of Pluto Nash in theater.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

swickles posted:

Why would you do that?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

swickles posted:

Hahaha dumbass

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Travelers S3 starts tonight!

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I liked the 60fps when i watched The Hobbit, but I can understand why it turns people off.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Oasx posted:

I liked the 60fps when i watched The Hobbit, but I can understand why it turns people off.

:frogout:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

pahuyuth posted:

It started 12+ hours ago, and so far it’s really good.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

pahuyuth posted:

gently caress yeah thanks for posting!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Rhyno posted:

The Shadow was a pretty terrible in theater experience. There were two idiots who decided to heckle the film halfway through which nearly led to bloodshed.

When I saw Signs in the theater, we weren't exactly heckling it, but we did laugh every time it was unfathomably stupid, so it might have seemed like it. Nobody got mad though, the theater was pretty empty.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oasx posted:

It looked like a high school stage production with a bigger budget lmao

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

It looked like a high school stage production with a bigger budget lmao

I'm pretty sure a high school play version of The Hobbit would be cromulent.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Pretty sure I've told this joke before but the worst movie I saw in theatres was A Million Ways To Die In The West. I saw it with MoviePass and still think I paid too much.

I actually saw a bunch of bad movies in theatres because of MoviePass (including Zoolander 2 and Entourage (yes really)) and AMWTDITW was the one I was most disappointed by, I think perhaps because Ted was actually pretty great, and NPH and Liam Neeson were in it, so my expectations going in were really high.

Thankfully Ted 2 and The Orville are pretty good and have earned back a bit of my trust in Seth McFarlane, but I don't think I'll ever see a film of his in theatres again.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

asecondduck posted:

Pretty sure I've told this joke before but the worst movie I saw in theatres was A Million Ways To Die In The West. I saw it with MoviePass and still think I paid too much.

I actually saw a bunch of bad movies in theatres because of MoviePass (including Zoolander 2 and Entourage (yes really)) and AMWTDITW was the one I was most disappointed by, I think perhaps because due to Ted being actually pretty grrat and NPH and Liam Neeson being in it my expectations were really high for it.

Thankfully Ted 2 and The Orville are pretty good and have earned back a bit of my trust in Seth McFarlane, but I don't think I'll ever see a film of his in theatres again.

Woud you see The Orville: The Motion Picture?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MacFarlane would make it suck on purpose to stay true to the TNG movies

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I watched the pilot and some random episode of The Orville and thought it was a colossal turd

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RBA Starblade posted:

I watched the pilot and some random episode of The Orville and thought it was a colossal turd

:snoo:

This is the worst opinion, no other opinion will ever be worse than this one.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

RBA Starblade posted:

I saw your first post and then this one and believe all your posts are colossal turds.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Iron Crowned posted:

Woud you see The Orville: The Motion Picture?

I would hell yeah

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

MacFarlane would make it suck on purpose to stay true to the TNG movies

First Contact was good dang it.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GreenNight posted:

I saw your first post and then this one and believe all your posts are colossal turds.

Then I, too, can be a successful showrunner

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Dope, I thought Travelers had been canceled!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think I've seen any truly terrible movies in the cinema. I believe Shark Tale was the first ostensible comedy I went to see in the cinema that had me thinking, "This isn't actually funny," while I was watching it. But I feel like Eragon and The Golden Compass were the first movies I saw theatrically where I was thinking, "This isn't very good at all," there in the cinema. Usually I'm fairly into anything on the big screen and only go off it afterwards.