Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

xiw posted:

Which of Baro's mods are most important this week?

The rug.

E: Also Primed Flow I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So happy I already have Primed Flow so now I can spend all my ducks on rugs.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Helter Skelter posted:

As with many build-related things in Warframe, It Depends.

First, halving enemy health with viral procs is never a bad thing. If you don't have to deal with armor, then viral is very very good because does a ton of bonus damage to both Corpus and Grineer flesh types.

Even when you do have armor to take into consideration, it can also be quite good on weapons that have a habit of kicking out loads of slash procs (either naturally or via Hunter Munitions), since slash procs ignore armor and halving enemy health is extra good in that situation.

Not every weapon can do that, though (or may require sacrificing something else in the build), so defaulting to corrosive is not a bad reflex to have.

This is good to know. Thanks! I may rework my arca plasmor to viral from corrosive since I'm running hunmun on it already anyway and see how it goes.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

xiw posted:

Don't waste money on the gold mods, they drop from eidolons and are thus dime a dozen.
Both primed mods are quality of life with pflow being more max energy, and pregen is your sentinel can die more times(if you even use a sentinel anymore)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Terry van Feleday posted:

I have only just begun with the rugs. Prisma Twin Gremlins can wait. There will be a lot of these in my orbiter before the weekend is over.

You’re going full Russian and I deeply appreciate it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

my mission to farm my own serration mod last night was successful. also scored that warframe part blueprint. then i looked up hornet strike and saw it drops in exactly the same place but i didnt get any of those :( will probably ask for one and the shotgun one later since i hit rank 4 and have a hek cooking.

while i was farming the spy mission i noticed that there were several stages of added security that popped up after i had been farming for awhile. then they all disappeared after some more runs and it went back to the normal security. is there some mechanism that makes missions harder if you consecutively farm them?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

my mission to farm my own serration mod last night was successful. also scored that warframe part blueprint. then i looked up hornet strike and saw it drops in exactly the same place but i didnt get any of those :( will probably ask for one and the shotgun one later since i hit rank 4 and have a hek cooking.

while i was farming the spy mission i noticed that there were several stages of added security that popped up after i had been farming for awhile. then they all disappeared after some more runs and it went back to the normal security. is there some mechanism that makes missions harder if you consecutively farm them?

I hit MR16 before my first hornet strike drop. I'd recommend giving up on getting mods yourself, if that's something you're going for.

Just get on clan chat and scream about mods as fast as possible, the game can be frustrating enough as it is

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Someone posted in here recently about a discord bot that helped with price-checking rivens, but I can't find it; anyone got a link?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Awesome! posted:

If you trigger an alarm in a vault, there's more security in the later vaults that mission, I imagine that's what was happening.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it didnt seem like it had anything to do with alarms. for like an hour or two every time i went into the vault with the waterfall you slide down there were security gates that turned on and off and a little drone that set off the alarm the second it saw you. then they were gone after awhile. the one where you fall down the waterpipe with extendable walkways always had security gates at the ends of the walkways and the little drone again. i was only setting off alarms from the drones so i dont think they were spawning from previous alarms.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Just realized the Pressure Point mod I've been using in all my weapons for the past two weeks was flawed :negative:

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
Earth missions have a day/night cycle and night side missions have more automated defenses like sensor regulators, daytime will have more live guards. You may have played over that transition.

Now if anyone could explain why the Shadow Stalker has shown up 3 times straight while I'm on a low level frame with low level MR-fodder guns and 0 times while on Valkyr loaded for space bears...

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
I can almost guarantee the stalker and syndicate revenge squads are weighted to show up and turbofuck you when you decide to roll into a mission with rank 0 everything to level some mastery.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Blizzard killed the trash game I've been playing so I guess its time to play warframe again. Praise Grakatas

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Blizzard killed the trash game I've been playing so I guess its time to play warframe again. Praise Grakatas

This was me about a month ago.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

Mimesweeper posted:

I can almost guarantee the stalker and syndicate revenge squads are weighted to show up and turbofuck you when you decide to roll into a mission with rank 0 everything to level some mastery.

Then if you manage to kill the stalker he only drops dread every time forever

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

HAMAS HATE BOAT posted:

Earth missions have a day/night cycle and night side missions have more automated defenses like sensor regulators, daytime will have more live guards. You may have played over that transition.
ah thats probably it. i think the drones replaced a guard spawn now that you mention it.

e: is there a good way to kill those drones without them going off? it seemed like even if i got the drop on it and shot before it saw me it still started the alarm.

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 15, 2018

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Substandard posted:

Then if you manage to kill the stalker he only drops dread every time forever

Somehow I have managed to get all of his drops but even now a Dread drop makes me furious.

HAMAS HATE BOAT
Jun 5, 2010
You have to cleanly one-shot them or hit them with an instantaneous hard CC. The wiki can confirm some other CC which will hold them silently and safely. I use Limbo for spy, who can kill even the Eximus ones by casting Stasis FIRST, THEN banish them to activate the CC, then shift in and kill them before the effects end. If you can watch their movement pattern you can try to slip past them, I think they always follow the exact same route and only see in the direction of the lasers.

Amusingly enough, the cephalon Suda aimbots that follow along on syndicate missions mulch them straight up alive and aware without triggering the alarm.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
PS4 goon out of the loop since the start of November. Apart from the obvious Fortuna stuff, what's new? Any frame rebalances or the like?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Darth Walrus posted:

PS4 goon out of the loop since the start of November. Apart from the obvious Fortuna stuff, what's new? Any frame rebalances or the like?

Nyx, the only good frame is getting a great rework soon.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Nyx, the only good frame is getting a great rework soon.

Oh? Do tell.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh? Do tell.

Mind Bolts are being turned into a gun that shoots Corrosive Protection / Shield Disruption / Infested Impedance, and Mind Control is letting you hurt your new friend to make them hurt others better (perpetuating the cycle of abuse)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Darth Walrus posted:

Oh? Do tell.

You can Mind Control a dude, unload a shitload of damage into them and that increases their dmg multiplier.

Hopefully mind controlled enemies will no longer prevent wave-based games from progressing.

I want to keep my Ancient pet them whole time, drat it!

There are other changes I can't remember.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

xiw posted:

Fwiw Primed Flow seems to not come around very often so I’d pick it up. It’s not as amazing as P Continuity or the P pistol crit mods, but it’s still nice.

Color palettes are always nice as well

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

fashionframe broke game

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
nice

animist
Aug 28, 2018
newbie update: i put +60% attack speed on my Fang and made myself nauseous by mashing melee / spin attack for a whole survival mission

this game lets you go fast

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

So whats the deal with the derelict? Is it a solo only thing or can a whole squad go with only one key? I also found a timed run and something that wanted a dragon key in the mission. got nothing out of them though.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
Ideally you take a squad, and previously that was the only way to have all keys there.

A bug with the new gear wheel means you can solo it with all four keys, if you're a misanthropic rear end in a top hat or (like me) your connection is laggy and potentially makes group play a horrible frame skipping slog.

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

xiw posted:

Do you have to have unlocked pluto or can someone invite you?

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

animist posted:

newbie update: i put +60% attack speed on my Fang and made myself nauseous by mashing melee / spin attack for a whole survival mission

Get a Volt or a Valkyr, they've got abilities that boost melee attack speed, and in volt's case sprint speed as well.

The best weapon for inducing motion sickness is a Sword and Shield with the Final Harbinger stance. Most of the combos involve leaping across the room while spinning around and killing everything in your path. When you stack enough attack speed it basically becomes teleportation, and when used outdoors the Dark Light combo can outrun a K-Drive over short distances.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Spuckuk posted:

I got Hirudo out of the oven last night.

My Inaros is now truly immortal.

Healing Return turns any melee status weapon into an even better Hirudo, try that out

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

animist posted:

Try putting Vermillion Storm on some claws and then Blood Rush, Fury, Gladiator Vice and Berserker. Become a slashing tornado.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Zero VGS posted:

Healing Return turns any melee status weapon into an even better Hirudo, try that out

Your Hirudo needs more crit. Healing Return is good and fine though.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Fortuna 2.0 is strating to spin up it seems.

quote:

If you're on PC you'll be expecting Fortuna Part II: The Profit Taker soon!

We are aiming to launch it next week - we'll keep you posted on that progress. Deploying before the holidays is always tricky, so thank you for your patience as we work toward this goal!

Now... say you wanted to prepare. Some tips for you:

A) HEISTS & TAKING DOWN THE PROFIT TAKER:
You must be Old Mate to participle in the Heist Bounties. So if you're not there yet - you've got a new goal for the weekend! Once you've gone through a full Heist - including the finale of taking down The Profit Taker Orb, you'll be able to freely access every stage of the Heist... this will make more sense once it's live :wink:.

B) VOX SOLARIS:
Stock up on Toroids - Little Duck's Vox Solaris Syndicate has 5 Ranks coming and will be home to Baruuk and his Components.

On the live version of Warframe, Vox Solaris has:

Neutral
Operative

The Update will include continued ranks of:

Agent - (Baruuk's Blueprint)
Hand - (Baruuk's Components)
Instrument
Shadow

C) And everything else?!
We are already at 12 pages of Notes for Part II. We have new Conservation species, new Amps & Arcanes, new Lore Fragments for our Fortuna Vendors, new Mods, new Operator hair, new Cosmetics, and much much more!

See you soon, Tenno!

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i just found a rush and now i dont ever want to take it off

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Elissimpark posted:

Ideally you take a squad, and previously that was the only way to have all keys there.

A bug with the new gear wheel means you can solo it with all four keys, if you're a misanthropic rear end in a top hat or (like me) your connection is laggy and potentially makes group play a horrible frame skipping slog.

Actually, that's a feature, as of about a month and a half ago. Per these official patch notes,

quote:

Changes:

The Gear Spiral now restricts duplicate Gear items (Apothics, Stims), with the exception of Dragon Keys! The bug turned feature of ability to equip all Dragon Keys shall live to hobble another day!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I was really annoyed by the "you're supposed to do it in a team" aspect of Dragon Keys and intimidated (as a newbie) by the idea of trying to do it solo.

Fast-forward to today where I did a bunch of them solo as umbral Nidus and now I'm mostly just annoyed at how much worthless trash is in the corrupted mod drop pool. :geno:

Still, one more thing off my bucket list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Yeah the key thing both for level access and then challenge mode for vault access sounded really intimidating to me, so i put it off until i'd gotten to sedna/mot

in practice the enemies are level 25 infected chumps, capture takes about 2 minutes to complete the objective, and the only reason why i'm not doing them 4key solo (or 75% change without the -damage one) on my rhino is because 4 corrupted drops are nicer than just one for me. Actually finding the door takes the longest and the biggest challenge is how finnicky the tilesets collision is.

Then again everyone but me already has tons of vault poo poo so group runs are actually kinda rare and hard to get started. Price of being late to the party