Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OctaviusBeaver
Apr 30, 2009

Say what now?
https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/a656ij/accepted_a_job_offer_and_misheard_salary/

quote:

Not sure where I should post this but I accepted a job at an amazing firm that I’ve always wanted to be at. Over the phone before the actual hiring process the recruiter gave me offer I knew was extremely reasonable due to this position being part of my previous experiences in the field. I realized just now at the direct deposit that I misheard the recruiter and my actual offer is $10,000 less. Any advice please? Should I speak up?

later

quote:

I completed the process with the background check, and everything electronically through a different system they use so I think being over excited I signed each document and didn’t even overlook it. I know, very stupid mistake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

FAUXTON posted:

Eh that's probably a better deal than he could have gotten on his own, too bad about the payments though. Maybe pay it down ahead of time and sell once it puts him in the black?

Yeah I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand it's lovely what his parents did, but on the other hand it seems like this is more of a inconvenience than a "you need to get a 2nd job" disaster.

I still don't under stand the whole burdening a family member with a huge payment gifting a new car. Especially since it seems like the majority of BWM stories are "Hey, I barely make ends meet and now I have a huge car payment I didn't want."

But yeah, short of having him throwing it back in his parent's face (and probably killing that relationship), I dont see any easy out besides paying it down and selling it.

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Inept posted:

Hey guys who wants to hear about how little my car depreciates?!

No one :confused:

Does it make sense to go tax exempt on a few paychecks to aggressively pay off high interest debt?

quote:

I gross about $115-125k a year, currently filing taxes as a single, non exempt.

My paychecks are about $6-6.9k, twice a month, but after taxes and everything, I take home about 3 grand.

Surprised how nobody picked up on that not a single one of these supports each other.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

50 vs 60? 150 vs 160?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Just lol if your compensation offer isn't written on a post it note, face down slid across the table during the interview

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Murderball posted:

Well then let's all reacquaint ourselves with the old one. It's a pro-click. An old favorite

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748155

That was a pro click.

Raldikuk
Apr 7, 2006

I'm bad with money and I want that meatball!

AndrewP posted:

Kias actually aren't the shitboxes they used to be. Does seem like a high payment for a compact of any kind, though.

I don't have a problem with the Kia Forte itself as a car, I'm sure they can be just fine. What I took issue with was a dude who has last half his earning power and 2 jobs in a span of 1-2 years deciding to buy a /brand new/ car period. And then this dude has 3 other cars, 2 of which are for his kids, one of those kids is 19... I would love to see the details of the rest of his cars because I'm guessing he hasn't made a sound purchase relative to his income...ever.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Duckman2008 posted:

I deal with the general public everyday. The majority of people focus on two things: Today’s costs and monthly costs. Buying a $1,000 phone up front is mostly a no go. But hey, for $52 a month might as well get the bigger one and more storage space.

The beauty of buying things outright is that you see the full cost immediately and are more inclined not to spend extra on the trimmings and such. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it and simply don't complete the purchase.

Paying by installments essentially scams many less intellectual people who don't or can't calculate the total cost of the loan. This is why you always see people working on minimum wage with the latest iPhone and iWatch because it's only 80 bucks a month* despite the fact it represents a significant portion of their monthly/yearly disposable income. Phones are cool but not 25% of your yearly disposable income cool.

*forever

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Just lol if your compensation offer isn't written on a post it note, face down slid across the table during the interview

Mine was on a calculator and I thought it was that boobies joke at first

JayKay posted:

Yeah I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand it's lovely what his parents did, but on the other hand it seems like this is more of a inconvenience than a "you need to get a 2nd job" disaster.

I still don't under stand the whole burdening a family member with a huge payment gifting a new car. Especially since it seems like the majority of BWM stories are "Hey, I barely make ends meet and now I have a huge car payment I didn't want."

But yeah, short of having him throwing it back in his parent's face (and probably killing that relationship), I dont see any easy out besides paying it down and selling it.

Yeah, I don't expect the guy to just bail on the payments (though it IS where BWM people post their "I want this and got it and agreed to pay for it but now I don't want to pay for it :qq:" stories) but it's unlikely a refi (ON A CARRRRRR JFC WHY AM I CONSIDERING THIS) would be any better since it doesn't have that much paid off, assuming the parents would be on board with another bunch of paperwork.

They might be miffed about him selling their totally amazing "gift" but the hell else can he do?

Comedy option: they are claiming the car payments as a business expense and committing tax fraud.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 14, 2018

April
Jul 3, 2006

This article made me angry for reasons I don't completely understand:

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/12/12/18125668/best-products-casper-glossier-brooklinen

In a nutshell, a broke millennial convinces a whoooooooole bunch of companies to let her use all the very best things for a week to write about how awesome it is to have all the super trendy vitamins, clothes, mattress, tampons, houseplants, condoms, meal kit service, and so on is.

Well (spoiler alert?) it basically just made her sad, that she lives her day to day life without all these great things. I can kind of get it, I don't know anyone who hasn't wished they could afford something better than what they have, especially after sampling it.

But then there are bits like the following......

quote:

I rinse and dry off in my Parachute robe and feel very luxurious until I realize it’s the first day in a week that I haven’t had anything to drink.

quote:

I gently caress up my chicken taquitos from Sun Basket only once (it is physically impossible to get them to stay rolled up) and do not contract food poisoning even though I have little to no experience cooking raw meat.

The whole thing is just a long list of expensive products that she never really claims are better than what she generally uses, but it's just so sad that she goes out with her friends to eat & drink daily and now can't afford $200 leggings.

So in short, she's not broke or struggling, she's just a really spoiled child-woman who's enforcing every negative stereotype about young people, and now I am feeling stabby towards someone on the internet.

manwithoutskin
Mar 24, 2006
can you see the line where the water ends
Tree law is the best law

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/a60fsq/neighbors_disfigured_my_trees_and_bushes_claim/

quote:

I moved this month (Washington State) and my yard borders windows of the neighboring property. The neighbors yard is on the other side of their house so their kitchen and living room plus one of their upstairs bedrooms and, from what I can best ascertain, the window to a study, are pressed right against the dividing line property between the two yards (a small stone path.)

Along the edge of my property (but not overlapping with the divider, which a surveyor has verified as accurate when we were buying the home) we have three black walnut trees and four bushes (we’re not 100% sure of what they are but sending pictures to a botanist friend and asking the internet, the best guess is honey locusts)

About a week after we moved in the new neighbors approached us and said the previous tenant had promised to trim the trees because they blocked the view out of their windows.

I called the previous owner and he said he promised nothing of the sort and half the reason he planted the bushes along the existing tree line was because the neighbors complained about his cookouts in the yard making them feel as though they had to draw their curtains for privacy, which they didn’t like. So the bushes were essentially a privacy hedge. The previous owner did just move into assisted living for dementia patients, though, so I am waiting to get double confirmation from his daughter.

We told her sorry but no. Both because the trees provide nice shade, and, without the bushes on the lower level, they’d be able to see directly into our house and vice versa.

We went away for the weekend and found five large branches and a dozen smaller branches missing from our trees, exactly where their windows were blocked. The trees look hideous and diseased now because of these giant bald patches, and no longer provide privacy or adequate shade.

One of our bushes was completely gone, two others crudely uprooted from the ground and unsalvageable. The neighbor said the black walnut trees had been there since he moved in 60 years ago, and the bushes had been in 15 years.

I figured I was screwed, because we don’t have security cameras or anything to prove they did this. But as a last ditch attempt I sent them an email asking if they knew what had gone on. To which they had the audacity to reply as though they’d done us a favor. Their exact words

Yes, we decided it was unfair for you to shoulder the burden of [the previous property owner’s] unfinished business so went ahead and had a crew take care of it out of our own pocket this weekend. No need to thank us, Merry early Christmas!!”

I’m irate, especially because I’d bought my girlfriend a bench swing for one of the trees for Christmas, something she’s always talked about having.

The trees were not crossing their property line and the bushes were solidly within our property as well. As aforementioned, there’s a small dividing stone pathway between the two properties, but I also have a recent official survey done just before we moved in.

Do I have any recourse even though they’ve contorted it to sound like it was a favor? Much appreciated.

Tl;dr neighbor disfigured black walnut trees and uprooted what looks to be honey locust bushes on what a survey proves to be my property. Trespassed while I was away for work and had this done to the plants without my authorization. Claims previous owner gave them permission, he disputes this. They sent an email telling us no need to thank them for the gift of lawn care, merry Christmas. What now?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Someone in another thread pointed out that while tree law is basically all just one story, that’s fine because it’s a really loving good story.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Anything ever happened to that boulder guy? I was legitimately upset for him.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Subjunctive posted:

Someone in another thread pointed out that while tree law is basically all just one story, that’s fine because it’s a really loving good story.
I'm really skeptical of this one because it ticks all the boxes. Black walnuts, written confession, blocking a view. It's too perfect a story.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dik Hz posted:

I'm really skeptical of this one because it ticks all the boxes. Black walnuts, written confession, blocking a view. It's too perfect a story.

It’s been a long week, so I’m just going to let it wash over me.

Hoodwinker
Nov 7, 2005

Dik Hz posted:

Come on man, just let us have this.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Is there ever a good reason to lease a car privately (as opposed to doing it for a business)? In Holland car loans aren't very common, but lately I've seen a bunch of offers for leases.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

April posted:

This article made me angry for reasons I don't completely understand:

https://www.vox.com/the-goods/2018/12/12/18125668/best-products-casper-glossier-brooklinen

In a nutshell, a broke millennial convinces a whoooooooole bunch of companies to let her use all the very best things for a week to write about how awesome it is to have all the super trendy vitamins, clothes, mattress, tampons, houseplants, condoms, meal kit service, and so on is.

Well (spoiler alert?) it basically just made her sad, that she lives her day to day life without all these great things. I can kind of get it, I don't know anyone who hasn't wished they could afford something better than what they have, especially after sampling it.

But then there are bits like the following......

The whole thing is just a long list of expensive products that she never really claims are better than what she generally uses, but it's just so sad that she goes out with her friends to eat & drink daily and now can't afford $200 leggings.

So in short, she's not broke or struggling, she's just a really spoiled child-woman who's enforcing every negative stereotype about young people, and now I am feeling stabby towards someone on the internet.

Yeeaahhh that's not how I read it at all. She's a journalist, for Vox, who did a piece on products that claim to be "the best" and are heavily marketed to millennials and whether or not they would actually make her life better. She got most of them, on loan and for free, as is pretty routine for this sort of thing. She admits to be unhappy before starting this experiment, and remains so when she's done because she doesn't see any way to experience the lifestyle that is being constantly marketed to her/millennials in general outside of this 8-day long experiment because it's expensive as gently caress.

quote:

The products, despite being worth thousands of dollars, have not managed to neutralize my bodily functions or my laziness about cleaning or the lingering guilt of ghosting.

Tl;dr: capitalism bad

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 14, 2018

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
Cost and Worth are synonyms, right?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

gizmojumpjet posted:

Cost and Worth are synonyms, right?

Some people go their entire lives believing this

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

Duckman2008 posted:

I deal with the general public everyday. The majority of people focus on two things: Today’s costs and monthly costs. Buying a $1,000 phone up front is mostly a no go. But hey, for $52 a month might as well get the bigger one and more storage space.

I deal with digital folks everyday who can't fathom that running everything on Amazon Web Services might be more expensive than buying the equipment yourself.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Sirotan posted:

Yeeaahhh that's not how I read it at all. She's a journalist, for Vox,

She’s a barely functional human being who doesn’t comprehend such basic tasks as “cooking” or “cleaning” and there’s a news organization who thinks a person so unfamiliar with human existence is qualifies to be a reporter.

Stabby, indeed.

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Non Serviam posted:

Is there ever a good reason to lease a car privately (as opposed to doing it for a business)? In Holland car loans aren't very common, but lately I've seen a bunch of offers for leases.

If you insist on having a new luxury brand car (BMW and Mercedes only bring the expensive models over, so they're luxury brands here) every 2-3 years, leasing is cheaper and simpler than buying. This is generally BWM, but that doesn't stop people from doing it.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
“Oh no I can’t afford overpriced poo poo aimed at idiots! Woe is me! :(

Cry me a loving river

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
I mentioned essential oils to a friend of mine as a joke. She’s a surgeon who sees people in the worst shape, and she told me at least twice a month she has someone come in with a bad infection relatively close to losing a foot or half a leg who rubbed essential oils on their wound and thought it would get better because the internet said so.

These people, knowing they’re in bad shape and seeking a doctor’s assistance, then get mad when she tells them to take real medicine and stop using the essential oils. A guy who injected some into his Achilles today and might lose a leg because she told him mixing his saliva with lavender is not actual medicine, so he left.

I used to think of these people as harmless morons losing all their money to scams, but wow. They and the scam artists peddling this poo poo are really putting people at severe risk.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I guess doctors really do hate them

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Edit - wrong thread

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

:vince:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Wait people use essential oil for problems that are easily solved with cheap generic drugs? I thought they were just for inoperable brain cancers or for good luck to make people feel better, and fleece them.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Alan Smithee posted:

:discourse:

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Alan Smithee posted:

:perfect:

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Alan Smithee posted:

Sic Semper Goon
Mar 1, 2015

Eu tu?

:zaurg:

Switchblade Switcharoo

Phanatic posted:

She’s a barely functional human being who doesn’t comprehend such basic tasks as “cooking” or “cleaning” and there’s a news organization who thinks a person so unfamiliar with human existence is qualifies to be a reporter.

Stabby, indeed.

I enjoy learning about the existence of such people, as not only do I feel better about myself in comparison, I also like to imagine them stumbling through life in an amusing, oblivious Mr. Magoo fashion, somehow always coming out on top against all odds.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Power of Pecota posted:

What throws me is that you can see they're offering two options (one which seems much more appealing at face level) and then not immediately look into why those are the two numbers or at least compare the totals head to head.

Like, I remember seeing a monthly payment number on Gazelle that seemed insanely low - with one click you can see that their quote of the $52/month number in your example is based on an 18 month plan at a 10% APR (when it ranges from 10%-30%).

Not quite what I said. Not to really defend phone companies (carriers or manufacturers), but direct from the carrier (or apple payment plan) they don’t charge interest.

However, they charge a setup fee (whether you do payment plan or not) and of course all companies are super focused on having you buy insurance, which you could argue is basically the same thing.

My insurance goal on phones is suppose to be something crazy like 75% now. Crazy thing is it isn’t hard to hit that number now a days.

Risky Bisquick posted:

The beauty of buying things outright is that you see the full cost immediately and are more inclined not to spend extra on the trimmings and such. If you can't afford it, you can't afford it and simply don't complete the purchase.

Paying by installments essentially scams many less intellectual people who don't or can't calculate the total cost of the loan. This is why you always see people working on minimum wage with the latest iPhone and iWatch because it's only 80 bucks a month* despite the fact it represents a significant portion of their monthly/yearly disposable income. Phones are cool but not 25% of your yearly disposable income cool.

*forever

This is correct and s good observation. That being said, phone traffic is super down, people are certainly still buying phones, but it’s definitely not at the rate of 2-5 years ago.

50% phones last longer and there are a good number of people who really try to keep phones running till they completely die. The other 50% is probably people ordering online vs coming into the store. RIP my job long term.

Duckman2008 fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 15, 2018

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

yeah I eat rear end posted:

They discovered long ago that catering to the ~tru gamerz~ doesn't make money, catering to the addicts and teenagers who stole their parents credit cards does. I'm still paying off debt from the ~15k I spent on maplestory/call of duty "loot crates" back in college on my credit cards.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Phanatic posted:

Stabby, indeed.

my impression of it is that only peeps who can live like that on parental money can afford to be reporters without complete penury

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

bob dobbs is dead posted:

my impression of it is that only peeps who can live like that on parental money can afford to be reporters without complete penury

Journalists who work for real newspapers tend to be paid pretty well. But I suspect the only way to get that job is to be born rich and go to the "right" schools.

Folks banging out "journalism" for the Atlantic* or Vox or whatever are neither paid well nor necessarily born into wealth, so goodness only knows how they survive.

* The Atlantic used to be a very prestigious monthly magazine, but it got bought by some dotcom idiots in the 2000s and they fired the staff in order to "pivot to the web"

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

Journalists who work for real newspapers tend to be paid pretty well. But I suspect the only way to get that job is to be born rich and go to the "right" schools.

Folks banging out "journalism" for the Atlantic* or Vox or whatever are neither paid well nor necessarily born into wealth, so goodness only knows how they survive.

Vox unionized this year so probably do okay.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

quote:

Big Mistake Trading in a Car I really didn't want to

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/a6hr1l/big_mistake_trading_in_a_car_i_really_didnt_want/

I'll start with this: I could have just walked away.

I got a call earlier this week about the dealership I bought my car at in 2016 and how they wanted to appraise it and willing to offer a "great deal". So why not? Just to see.

The guy I was talking to was friendly (aren't they all?) and showed me some cars. I really don't know what came over me, but I stuck around, listened to the pricing of a Chevy Cruze 2017 and Mazda3 2016. Cruze was the better deal at under 12k miles, and throughout the whole process, I told him I wanted to back out because I was content enough with my car. He kept inisisting that it is a great deal and that I could always refinance the 84 month loan.

Long story short, signed the paper begrudgingly and I don't why I kept going forward. The promise of keeping my payment around the same ($40 more) than what I'm currently paying?Or even asking that I would like to go home to think about it and was told the car might not be here tomorrow It was also later in the evening, an hour or two before close even though I was there for a total of 4.

When I got home from driving the car, it hit me. I made a big mistake. I could not sleep. I did call within an hour of getting home and spoke to a representative and they told me they'll go over the "options". Which did not sound promising. But maybe I could convince them. I was terrified that they'll hold the "No Cooling effect" but maybe I can convince them that the car they sold was such a great deal, it wouldn't matter much if I had taken my car back.

I was an emotional wreck at the dealership since I only had 3 years left to pay off the loan on my 2016 Chevy Spark. I did not like the Cruze much in the end as I thought I would and the idea of having a loan for 7 more years troubled me.

So this morning, brought the car back in, and the manager "tried" to do something in regards to getting my car back, but they told me in the end it wasn't an option. The papers were already sent out to the banks. The only policy they apparently had were the 3 Day Exchange. The manager told me that's really the only thing that can be done and because the forms were already sent out, they couldn't retract it.

So after a very long time of a little back and forth, some crying because I was so distraught, I settled on another 2016 Chevy Spark - for 5 years, $80 more a month than what I was paying and at $20,000~ which is more than what I had financed back in 2016 new. I definitely feel that I got duped and I wish I brought up the fact that if they can exchange cars and retract the documentation from the banks and DMV of the Cruze and send out new forms for a used Spark - why not just unwind the agreement? And I know why. They're just trying to make money. I was willing to pay for my car back for the inconveniences of the whole process and wanting to return the car, but they wouldn't budge.

I'm in a much worse position for payments than I was in 2016. I don't think I can do anything about it. I mean, lesson learned? But looks like I really need to look for a second job just to be much safer now in expenses.
Traded a owned-since-new 2016 Spark with 3yrs left for a 2016 Cruze [reading fail] Spark with a $80 higher payment for 2yrs longer. And they don't even like the new car. Awesome deal!

Impulse purchases ftl.

quote:

New job new car new scores

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/a6fl0p/new_job_new_car_new_scores/

Hello to the wonderful community! Just need advice on what I'm considering "step 2" to credit repair and financial stability!

Started my journey 2-3 years ago at credit scores of ~490. Paid multiple cards, removed collections, managed loans, and got a great job.

I'm averaging about 620 now AND JUST GOT APPROVED FOR A CAR WHICH WAS MY ULTIMATE FIRST GOAL!!!!! WOOOO!!!! 🎉🎉

Anyway, I just accepted a new job position which is a 30% pay increase to my current one.

Question is- what's my next step? I still have some credit card balances I'd like to pay down (about $2k total but half of that is in promotional 0% interest period) BUT with the new car bill and stuff I don't know if SAVING should be my priority. (Emergency fund is very small right now...).

So should I pay the minimums and stack some cash in my savings first? If so, what is a good short term emergency savings goal? 3 months,? Or should I put all my money into the CCs and get them down asap?

Thank you !!
Her post from 6wks ago:

quote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/personalfinance/comments/9sipp1/finance_a_car_or_uber/

Credit Score ~640 Financing has been hard to get because of a repo from 2013. There's no balance on that account and no lates reported on it. Other than that about 7 credit cards/revolving installment accounts with zero lates and balances are low. 18k in student loans with no lates.

CarMax offered me 11.5% APR with $1000 down on a $10k 2016. Payments around $280. This was 4 months ago but my credit has improved since then.

I should mention a pretty bad driving record when I was younger, insurance in Miami, Florida is gonna hit me at $250 a month.

SiGmA_X fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

SiGmA_X posted:

Traded a owned-since-new 2016 Spark with 3yrs left for a 2016 Cruze with a $80 higher payment for 2yrs longer. And they don't even like the new car. Awesome deal!

No, it's even stupider than that. They traded the Cruze back for a different used 2016 Spark, the same model they started with.

quote:

So after a very long time of a little back and forth, some crying because I was so distraught, I settled on another 2016 Chevy Spark - for 5 years, $80 more a month than what I was paying and at $20,000~ which is more than what I had financed back in 2016 new.