Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Expect My Mom posted:

What must I say (oh tell me)
What must I do (what must I do?)
To show how much
I think about pet'n you

I’m assuming ‘Feed’n you’

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Also, I love how Abbacchio is consistently the victim of "Giorno, there is literally no way that (X) could happen!" "Everyone, come quick! (X) has happened!"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Narancia is goddamn insane and I love it. I hope he gets another focus episode where he ends up in a situation that can't actually be resolved by "more bullets"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I love the ending to this fight so much.

"Trying to hide? Well what if I blow up every car on the street!"

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Is there some kind of secret ritual to joining Polpo's gang where they pick your new wardrobe because Fugo had perfectly fine suit in that flashback.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

his challenge was to go outside like a swiss cheese

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

GuyUpNorth posted:

Is there some kind of secret ritual to joining Polpo's gang where they pick your new wardrobe because Fugo had perfectly fine suit in that flashback.

That’s his stand [Richard Cheese]’s ability

To make him dress like a cheese

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Fugo practices Tie Cheese

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Every time I hear Fighting Gold, I like it more.

Which is why I'm sad it's probably gonna be a new OP in a couple weeks.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Yeah, Fugo was stylin' in his tropical gushers-colored suit. Talk about a downgrade.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

What must I say (oh tell me)
What must I do (what must I do?)
To show how much
I think about pet'n you

Everytime I close my eyes
I wake up feelin' so fuzzy

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

GuyUpNorth posted:

He still has the jacket part of the suit. :colbert:

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
I really love Part 5's utter disdain for traditional authority figures :allears:.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Spiders didnt get to munch on that narancia :smith:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Part 5 has ruined reading Italian restaurant menus.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Purple flames are extremely my poo poo

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

On the negative side: That finishing blow was really hard to comprehend even though it was a fairly simple move and it sucks that this fight had to be spread out over 3 episodes.

But also I like how loyal Narancia is to the rest of the gang. I'm glad the lovely street kids didn't destroy his belief that friends are the most important thing in the world. Shanking a giant spider is very cool even if it didn't work out. I also like Narancia's solution of just bombing every car in the street when he can't find Formaggio.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just want to know how he got out of that bottle without breaking it

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

very carefully

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

I also like Narancia's solution of just bombing every car in the street when he can't find Formaggio.

Those other drivers are going to be pissed.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

but the reason he had to come up with blowing up the entire street was because he gave a map that led the enemy right to the hideout...

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Those other drivers are going to be pissed.

Not if they were already inside their cars

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxsoSQGtBgc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nByLq9LXqpg

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
I'm a little salty that DavidPro left out the bit in Narancia's backstory where his father straight up neglects him after his mother's death. Otherwise, great episode. I'd say I'm pumped for next week, but truth be told I'm ALWAYS pumped for Giogio Friday.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Viola the Mad posted:

I'm a little salty that DavidPro left out the bit in Narancia's backstory where his father straight up neglects him after his mother's death. Otherwise, great episode. I'd say I'm pumped for next week, but truth be told I'm ALWAYS pumped for Giogio Friday.

That came across really clearly to me on watching the episode. His dad walks away at the funeral. That's pretty neglectful

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's definitely implied strongly enough imo

dunno what the manga did though

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i can't tell if this is a case of Goons Are Bad At Watching TV or Goons Are Good At Watching TV

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Viola the Mad posted:

I'm a little salty that DavidPro left out the bit in Narancia's backstory where his father straight up neglects him after his mother's death.

It seemed pretty well conveyed to me.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

When you're at mum's gravestone and you say dad and then dad walks away with a look of disgust, I'd say that's "I'm a scum dad and worthless" to a t

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To be exact Narancia's dad story is pretty much: He was a honest gardener, but was always quiet and distant from his son. After his wife's death he just gave up caring about his son entirely and became completely neglectful to the point he did not even notice that his son dropped out of school and spent all of his time hanging with thugs and stealing stuff.
Like when Narancia came home after Bucciarati told him to, that may have been the first time his dad had seen him months maybe years, and he did not even have anything to say.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Dec 15, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

When you're at mum's gravestone and you say dad and then dad walks away with a look of disgust, I'd say that's "I'm a scum dad and worthless" to a t

Not to mention that he was also leaving him in the rain without an umbrella.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Narancia unsummoning aerosmith and just that trail of smoke across his arms as it vanishes behind his head. A+.

I love how Narancia's stand is appearing and disappearing concealed behind things. Quite different to punch man phasing out of you.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I thought the implication was that Narancia's father, a rich man, hadn't bothered to pay for his wife's treatment, hence Narancia asking about her disease and him walking away (and hence his lack of/refusal to get treatment for the same disease).

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

I thought the implication was that Narancia's father, a rich man, hadn't bothered to pay for his wife's treatment, hence Narancia asking about her disease and him walking away (and hence his lack of/refusal to get treatment for the same disease).

his father is working class and cannot afford to pay for it, and for this he feels shame and after her death becomes numb and distant to his son

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

his father is working class and cannot afford to pay for it, and for this he feels shame and after her death becomes numb and distant to his son

That's not how it plays in the show, though, where he's got a big, nice house and his gang buddies (and the narrator) talk about how rich his dad is.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
Getting eaten by a spider is horrific but when it started shooting webs like anime spiderman I was kinda taken out of the moment. Was this intentional?

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!

Marx Headroom posted:

Getting eaten by a spider is horrific but when it started shooting webs like anime spiderman I was kinda taken out of the moment. Was this intentional?

That spider also threw a punch prior to that, so yes. It was an intentionally over the top death arena brawl inside a bottle.
The spider practised those moves very hard, please understand.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Darth Walrus posted:

That's not how it plays in the show, though, where he's got a big, nice house and his gang buddies (and the narrator) talk about how rich his dad is.

He's a gardener. And I don't recall his buddies or narrator talk about his dad being rich. Just decently well off.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Zwiebel posted:

That spider also threw a punch prior to that, so yes. It was an intentionally over the top death arena brawl inside a bottle.
The spider practised those moves very hard, please understand.

Look at this guy who doesn't know about the Italian Punching Spider. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Darth Walrus posted:

is it that his dad is rich, or just making a decent wage and doesn't have to hang out on the streets? genuine question, maybe I'm just not remembering