Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

acumen posted:

Hm, I'm not sure if I have anyone that's like that who doesn't already need QR/desperation.

From my pool I think my options would be: Black Knight, Brave Lucina, Summer Tiki, and Celica maybe. That sound right?

Black Knight is solid. After the first charge, he can bait an enemy, take a hit and then hit back with a Black Luna every EP combat. Equipping a Slaying Edge makes this work on both phases and bypasses Guard if you can stomach losing Alondite's Distant Counter.

Celica is good with the Special Spiral AOE build, but she will have issues against enemies she can't oneshot if she doesn't have Desperation. It works, but you have to pick your targets carefully.

Fliers can't get Special Spiral. Unless you meant the Adult Summer Tiki, which... works, I suppose??? Not sure how to build her at all, so I have no advice here. Same with Brave Lucina.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 14, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah whoops forgot about the flier restriction. BK seems like an easy choice, thanks for the help folks.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I gave it to Lilina because I already had an infantry pulse dancer available for her. So with QP seal she is ready to glimmer right away and can just shotgun out double glimmer forblaze blasts every turn. Very handy especially this season with all the Surtrs around.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Paired Ishtar up with Marisa, Dorcas and PA Olivia. Now she's nuking the entire battlefield.
...This might be fun to play around with. Not entirely sold on Marisa, but I guess with Grails she can be more viable. Either that or buy one and fodder off her Pulse skill to a more fitting unit.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Here are the new skill tags that appeared in the latest datamine:

New unused skill tags posted:

SAID_戦闘強化_追撃不可 (lit. "combat boosts - no follow-up")Grants stats+??? during combat, and foe cannot make a follow-up attack. This one is strictly better than Lyfjaberg's tag given the same stats, because it also works when the foe initiates combat, and does not deal out-of-combat damage to the user.

SAID_特殊射程_守備魔防最低値参照無効 (lit. "close / distant counter - nullify adaptive damage") Unit can counterattack regardless of foe's range; disables foe's skills that "calculate damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res". It appears nullification has become the new trend for upcoming skills.

SAID_敵強化無効_守備魔防最低値参照無効 (lit. "nullify foe's bonuses - nullify adaptive damage") Neutralizes foe's bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) during combat, and disables foe's skills that "calculate damage using the lower of foe's Def or Res". See above.

SAID_反撃不可無効 (lit. "nullify no-counterattacks") Disables foe's skills that prevent unit's counterattack, and neutralizes status preventing unit's counterattacks; in other words, FIRESWEEP / DAZZLING / CANDLELIGHT COUNTER IS REAL. Judging from recent additions, like Special Spiral, Sorcery Blade, and Null Follow-up, I predict this one will be yet another infantry-only 5*-exclusive B passive.

SAID_最高値TP変動 (lit. "highest stat Cooldown count change") Grants Special cooldown count-??? to ally with the highest ??? stat (excludes unit). Like Sparkling Boost, multiple allies can receive the charge if they both have the highest stat, and multiple instances of this skill can stack. All hell breaks loose if this tag is found in a Sacred Seal and checks the Atk stat.

SAID_全体ダメージ_縦列攻撃設備破壊 (lit. "all damage - destroy offensive structures on column") Deals ??? damage to all foes. Presumably also destroys structures within column(s) centered on unit, but I did not test that with my own Aether Keep.

Save your orbs. Null dazzling/firesweep/flash/candlelight is real, and will probably appear in the next month.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

golden bubble posted:

Here are the new skill tags that appeared in the latest datamine:

Save your orbs. Null dazzling/firesweep/flash/candlelight is real, and will probably appear in the next month.

Assuming it's a B-skill, Fae is going to eat whoever has that skill so loving fast

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Waaaait a minute.

Step 1: Make utterly obnoxious skill
Step 2: Make new game mode with separate, free summoning currency that feeds on said skill
Step 3: Release 5* only skill that counters skill on a 3% banner
Step 4: Get promoted and huge christmas bonus

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Going after adaptive damage seems kind of weird since I don't think it's that strong of a feature. It's mostly just a nice bonus on dragons.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Dazzle staff is only a threat with dancer backup. Just ban dancers, problem solved

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

valuum posted:

Waaaait a minute.

Step 1: Make utterly obnoxious skill
Step 2: Make new game mode with separate, free summoning currency that feeds on said skill
Step 3: Release 5* only skill that counters skill on a 3% banner
Step 4: Get promoted and huge christmas bonus

Welcome to gacha games enjoy your stay

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
^^ :argh:

acumen posted:

Dazzle staff is only a threat with dancer backup. Just ban dancers, problem solved

That's actually way more accurate and would fix the horse problem too. But then you'd have no step 4, so..

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

1. Ban dancers
2. Release a new type of unit that gives your units extra turns

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
Hahaha.. "Only mythic dancers may be use in aether raids"

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

10 orbs says that "nullify dazzle/firesweep" skill is the prf weapon/skill of a mythic hero

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

valuum posted:

Hahaha.. "Only mythic dancers may be use in aether raids"

That's actually a not terrible idea since most people won't have them and gently caress the 1% anyway

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

For a serious anti-dancer solution I would like to see a B skill that is essentially "if enemy initiates combat the attacker is unable to be refreshed for the rest of the turn"

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

10 orbs says that "nullify dazzle/firesweep" skill is the prf weapon/skill of a mythic hero

Absolutely, same with the sparklings boost-esque skill.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Now I get to wait to pull a spare Veronica for her special skill and probably grind more SP so she can have that and Pain+ refined if I need that more

Also give me more merges game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

blizzardvizard posted:

Probably. Then again, I thought that about null follow-up too.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The skill might well be on a mythic/legendary but I'd be astonished if it isn't inheritable. It's incredible bait

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

The skill might well be on a mythic/legendary but I'd be astonished if it isn't inheritable. It's incredible bait

And I'll gladly be baited to have Fae murderize Veronica's and BLyn's stupid faces

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

Fae brutalizes BLyn just fine already. It’s just DC sword/axe/spear units she stops. Which is still helpful in AA even if she’s not nearly the meta-breaker she used to be.

And as much as I hate razzle-dazzle shenanigans, making the counter for that super common returns healers to the poo poo bin. Colorless Hell is still a thing, I’m not sure if we want to make it even worse.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oberndorf posted:

Fae brutalizes BLyn just fine already. It’s just DC sword/axe/spear units she stops. Which is still helpful in AA even if she’s not nearly the meta-breaker she used to be.

And as much as I hate razzle-dazzle shenanigans, making the counter for that super common returns healers to the poo poo bin. Colorless Hell is still a thing, I’m not sure if we want to make it even worse.

Not when the BLyn has a firesweep bow

Oberndorf
Oct 20, 2010

True enough, but then firesweep units are kinda useless, giving up EP entirely for a mediocre PP. I hate facing them myself, but I think totally neutering old content (I think the firesweep lance was from the first year, for instance) to recover from Aether Raids being medium awful is a poor solution. I think even the reason Ronnie is so awful in AR is because everybody got one free.

I think long-term health of gameplay would be to ban healers in AR. Or kill lift loss on defeat. Neutering anti-counter effects turns a huge number of units into junk for benefit in one game mode only. And you know every faceless mook in Abyssal difficulty modes will have that skill if it gets put out there, making beating those harder for dolphins and F2P types, further hurting a player base that seems to be shrinking if November’s income data is dispositive.

Now, you might be tempted to say that IS doesn’t care about F2P types, and IS is probably tempted to agree. However, losing the F2P player base would be bad for the game at large, not only making GC and VG modes worse but likely making arena and AA worse too, with even more rapid regression to the same high-cost team/skill compositions. Plus, fewer players in general means there’s less twitter mentions, death of forum/Reddit threads, less YouTube exposure, all of which puts further downward pressure on the player base and suggesting to whales that they could drop their coin more entertainingly on other gacha games. Also nukes their ability to advertise new titles via cross promotion.

For full disclosure, I’m a F2P guy who got in for love of the console games. I’m already frosty about Surtr being stupid powercreep, and I find AR dull with all the stupid ranged horse teams I face. So interpret my biases accordingly.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
It's a single skill with an opportunity cost to use that counters skills that were probably a mistake in the first place. It's not going to ruin the game

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Oberndorf posted:

True enough, but then firesweep units are kinda useless, giving up EP entirely for a mediocre PP. I hate facing them myself, but I think totally neutering old content (I think the firesweep lance was from the first year, for instance) to recover from Aether Raids being medium awful is a poor solution. I think even the reason Ronnie is so awful in AR is because everybody got one free.

I think long-term health of gameplay would be to ban healers in AR. Or kill lift loss on defeat. Neutering anti-counter effects turns a huge number of units into junk for benefit in one game mode only. And you know every faceless mook in Abyssal difficulty modes will have that skill if it gets put out there, making beating those harder for dolphins and F2P types, further hurting a player base that seems to be shrinking if November’s income data is dispositive.

Now, you might be tempted to say that IS doesn’t care about F2P types, and IS is probably tempted to agree. However, losing the F2P player base would be bad for the game at large, not only making GC and VG modes worse but likely making arena and AA worse too, with even more rapid regression to the same high-cost team/skill compositions. Plus, fewer players in general means there’s less twitter mentions, death of forum/Reddit threads, less YouTube exposure, all of which puts further downward pressure on the player base and suggesting to whales that they could drop their coin more entertainingly on other gacha games. Also nukes their ability to advertise new titles via cross promotion.

For full disclosure, I’m a F2P guy who got in for love of the console games. I’m already frosty about Surtr being stupid powercreep, and I find AR dull with all the stupid ranged horse teams I face. So interpret my biases accordingly.

On the other hand, I want Fae to punch Veronica in the face

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

cheetah7071 posted:

Veronica backed by multiple dancers that allow ranged nukes to slip into my backline are the source of all my AR defeats. I'll gladly bite that bait, anyday.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Evil is growing.

E: crunched some numbers and Warding is better than Fortress, especially if we get Warding 4 like Steady 4.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 14, 2018

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Newbie Question: When's a good time to merge units? i.e. do I need to merge units at a certain level for maximum effects, or can I feed my LV 1 Helbindi to my stronger Helbindi and be done with it?

What about feeding my LV 40 +ATK/-DEF FGrima to my LV 1 +ATK/-HP FGrima? Will SP/HM/Supports carry over to the LV 1 FGrima?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Newbie Question: When's a good time to merge units? i.e. do I need to merge units at a certain level for maximum effects, or can I feed my LV 1 Helbindi to my stronger Helbindi and be done with it?

What about feeding my LV 40 +ATK/-DEF FGrima to my LV 1 +ATK/-HP FGrima? Will SP/HM/Supports carry over to the LV 1 FGrima?

The only reason to care about leveling the unit you're sacrificing is that any skills they have learned will be carried over. So it can be more efficient SP wise to level them up, learn skills with the level SP, then merge.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

FEH isn't like a lot of other Fire Emblem games, in that every unit will have an exact statset at max level, taking into account its nature. A level 40 +ATK Hector with 2 merges and his base weapon will always have an attack of 58, etc (I made that specific number up off the top of my head but you get the idea). If you merge two level-1 Helbindis and then level the result to 40, or if you level them both to 40 and then merge them, the result will be the same.

If you feed a max-level FGrima to a level-1 FGrima, the result will be level 1, but if you then level her to 40 the result will be the same as if you leveled and then merged. SP won't carry over, but HM and supports will.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Okay cool, I'll be sure to spend any remaining SP first before merging. Thanks!

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I never actually started this game despite downloading it way back when. Is this game worth playing?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Unlucky7 posted:

I never actually started this game despite downloading it way back when. Is this game worth playing?

that's a contentious question

the best way to find out is to try it out. You'll get whether it has promise for you within like, 30-45 minutes.

e: if you like fire emblem you'll like this, at least for a while as a timekiller

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Dec 14, 2018

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

past 2 days of AR have been loving awful for me
I lost my freebie run twice, then got all of 20 points on the third go.
Then I lose my freebie today to this weird team

and the follow up I timed out

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Unlucky7 posted:

It's a gacha game with all the usual nonsense they tend to have, although it's still probably one of the better ones.

Just treat it as a time killer as cheetah said and don't concern yourself too much with needing to be top tier in everything. Whales run all the higher ranks and you probably don't want to spend thousands on the game so just have fun collecting what anime sword girls you can.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Unlucky7 posted:

It's a simplified Fire Emblem experience. So if you like Advanced Wars or Fire Emblem, you'll be able to get some enjoyment out of it. Though this game brings forth an often unconsidered part of FE. Fire Emblem enemy AIs are mostly deterministic in the main games, and it is fully deterministic in FEHeroes. AI manipulation/prediction has always been a part of FE at the very, very highest levels of play (Low Turn Count playthroughs), but most players never had to consider it. But average players expect to challenge the hardest content in a gatcha. So FEHeroes brings AI manipulation into the view of common players.

FEHeroes has nearly no story compared to a typical gatcha game. The new characters have cool art and designs, but the dialogue and main plot is skeletal. Rather appropriately, the latest batch of new characters are literally skeletons. I'm still having fun, though, and I really appreciate that this gatcha has nearly zero grinding.

EDIT: Damnit. There's a serious chance the left shadow is a Christmas Fae.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Dec 15, 2018

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

I think the one on the right is female based on how thin their waist is, but other than that, :shrug:.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think you're right that the one on the left is Fae. At the very least, it appears to be someone short wearing a dress. The one of the right seems to be a profile-ish shot of a woman--I think the narrow part isn't a narrow waist, but rather the narrow part between her breasts and a flaring skirt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
It might also be a yura male but I doubt the artist will draw two seasonals in a row, right?