Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

The Colonel posted:

finally, red dead redemption 2 could be a good game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRDYGR9Tfmk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hey how about this: get head redemption ahahaehaha

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJZjmA4bk_Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poErxvUjSIU

They were an anarchist folk/punk gospel band that traveled around the country as a commune and are genuinely cool as all hell, much cooler than I will ever be

You showed them to me awhile ago but I forgot what they were called, they're incredible

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

ah good, it wouldnt be forgivable if i hadnt mentioned them at some point

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

What's wrong with Games these days? They've always been normies but have they done something more egregious in the past couple of years?

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/jokanhiyou/status/1073738946830512129

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

just play wild arms

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Meme Emulator posted:

I dont remember the manga that well but did they ever play any interesting games? One of my biggest problems with Kaiji is that after Limited RPS the games themselves werent that interesting and what I read of Kakegurui makes it seem like theyre just playing a bunch of cee-lo and other things youve seen before.

The arc where they walk on beams had me on edge the entire time, like to an insane extent. It was just such a relatable fear that the only way they coulda hosed me up more with it was like, "ohhh you're in an incredibly tight space and you have to go as far in as you can before getting stuck forever and dying of starvation/dehydration"

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Captain Cappy posted:

What's wrong with Games these days? They've always been normies but have they done something more egregious in the past couple of years?

Nothing like that. I think its the subforum with the largest decrease in regular posters recently which is making the bad posters stand out/more bold.

I pity the mod that has to manage the WoW lore thread.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

Girl's Last Tour is good.

Whoa is it lonely. Not really a downer (you can see it that way) but definitely lonely and somber.

One of my absolute favorites from 2017. Mixes melancholy and sweetness in a way that's so hard to get right.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Furnaceface posted:

I pity the mod that has to manage the WoW lore thread.

For real, that thread was bad enough before bofa. I do not envy Reene at all.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

kirbysuperstar posted:

What's bofa?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

it is one of the worst threads i've ever read on the forums. and i read my own posts

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/ktwfc/status/1073814085987225600
a cute little jig.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That owns

Unlike Ghosts n Goblins :mad:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

That owns

Unlike Ghosts n Goblins :mad:
That one episode of D-Frag! brought back so many weird memories from playing that series.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Spider verse is good. Everyone should watch it

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Poops Mcgoots posted:

What's bofa?

Possibly the worst expansion to hit World of Warcraft. Almost certainly because Blizzard put a goon at the helm.

The "story" is constantly being rewritten because of the constant backlash and its so bad it makes <insert bad anime of the season here> look good by comparison.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah. Its hard to put in words just how terrifyingly awful that thread is. :(

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Spiderverse is bad because the SJWs made spiderman a girl and a black.

(I'm surprised I haven't seen a video titled that in my youtube feed yet)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Miles is in the new Spider-Man game too and I've only seen people being mad about puddles and not having the Raimi movies suit

I'm sure there's still people mad that a 7 year old character suddenly exists though

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 15, 2018

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Wanna play with those little dragons :3:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Poops Mcgoots posted:

What's bofa?
bofa deez NUTS

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Why did Zestiria get an anime adaptation but Berseria, the superior game in every single aspect, didnt?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

bofa deez NUTS

Finally.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Furnaceface posted:

Why did Zestiria get an anime adaptation but Berseria, the superior game in every single aspect, didnt?

because zestiria had a plot that needed to be fixed while a berseria anime would just be awkwardly condensed to zero benefit

zestiria the x is still kind of awkward and has to cram in the second half of its story but it salvages an unsalvagably bad story into a relatively interesting one so i'm okay with it

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 15, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there's some berseria stuff in the zesty anime but it was already in production before berseria released so it's not really a case of passing one up in favor of the other

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the entire cast of zestiria is rewritten to something entirely different in zestiria the x and it's not a perfect patch-up job but even with the minimal time it has to incorporate those changes it already pretty much replaces the original game as a better story starring the same characters

that's, not something berseria is in dire need of

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Fair enough. I played the games in reverse so all the plot holes and stuff just stood out so much more. Plus the cast was insufferable compared to Berseria and nothing the anime did really changed that.

I guess I just wanted more Velvet and Magilou. :(

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

Fair enough. I played the games in reverse so all the plot holes and stuff just stood out so much more. Plus the cast was insufferable compared to Berseria and nothing the anime did really changed that.

I guess I just wanted more Velvet and Magilou. :(

I like Edna. I wish she was in a good game. No, her two minute cameo in Berseria doesn't count.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Honestly I liked everyone in Zesty, shame about the actual game

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1073862107081322497

Cygames gonna make Granblue into every game and I'm all in

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Where's the Platinum game :mad:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Here:

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1073857629540122625

Also have a Charlotta on a box

https://twitter.com/chitolon/status/1073864238874079232

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool thanks

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
I can't believe they confirmed Gran for Relink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Nothing has made me feel more like an out of touch old than not being into mobile games the last couple of years.