Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Vinylshadow posted:

Ash's 7th pokemon: Glock 18c

Ash just pointing at pokemon and them dying would be awfully confusing in the dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Licarn posted:

Ash just pointing at pokemon and them dying would be awfully confusing in the dub.

They'll just add a poke ball in post and the blood spray will be the capture effect

And then we never see the pokemon again, just like the rest of the pokemon Ash "caught" over the past 20 years

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Vinylshadow posted:

They'll just add a poke ball in post and the blood spray will be the capture effect

And then we never see the pokemon again, just like the rest of the pokemon Ash "caught" over the past 20 years

we see them again

numerous times

even butterfree resurfaces from time to time

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh? When did Butterfree ever come back? Did it have a cameo in the Kanto episodes of Sun and Moon?

Also I'm pretty sure that loving Fearow is gone by now and all those pidgeys probably evolved into Pidgeotto. Go get your Pidgeot back.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Oh? When did Butterfree ever come back? Did it have a cameo in the Kanto episodes of Sun and Moon?

Also I'm pretty sure that loving Fearow is gone by now and all those pidgeys probably evolved into Pidgeotto. Go get your Pidgeot back.

According to Bulbapedia, Ash's Butterfree had a cameo as a flashback during SM042, so the writers still remember he existed (well, appearing in the I Choose You! movie would prove that too, I guess)

The Pidgeot thing was a dub edit IIRC, so Ash will never go back for it.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

There were two butterfree flying around (with literally only two frames of animation) during a panning shot of the ranch. One was a slightly lighter shade of purple than the other but there wasn't enough detail to discern whether or not it was Ash's and its mate

There was also a corphish and totodile, but since they don't interact with Ash, we don't know if they're his either (most older fans of course insist they are)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Blaze Dragon posted:

According to Bulbapedia, Ash's Butterfree had a cameo as a flashback during SM042, so the writers still remember he existed (well, appearing in the I Choose You! movie would prove that too, I guess)

The Pidgeot thing was a dub edit IIRC, so Ash will never go back for it.

The dub is correct. Ash will go back for it. He will go to Kalos, pick up Goodra from the nature preserve, fly over to the forest and get Greninja now that all the Zygarde cells are taken care of, then fly over to Kanto and find Pidgeot in the sky.

He'll make a quick stop to get that Beedrill he caught and gave away one episode.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vinylshadow posted:

Ash's 7th pokemon: Glock 18c

As the wild pokemon close in, Ash takes the coward's way out.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Bisharp is absurd.

No one should be able to use physical attacks against Bisharp. He should have some ability similar to Iron Barbs or Rough Skin, accept called "My Stomach is full of deadly saw blades."

No way any move that makes physical contact should be okay, unless they make an attack called "Punch very carefully in the thick-rear end thigh region"

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Butterfree keeps showing up in OPs and stuff.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Latios/Latis codes:

A86ZJUM6e6XGL8W6

A86ZJW28HYCJWQHZ

Zekrom/Reshiram

A869L6e6PRH5F5l7

A969L6G8F22C6JAE

A869L6G8xTZ544RA

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Heads up for anyone farming Meltan in GO - between the 18th and 22nd will be a double candy period, which further stacks with Pinaps so you can get the real good good during then.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Alxprit posted:

Heads up for anyone farming Meltan in GO - between the 18th and 22nd will be a double candy period, which further stacks with Pinaps so you can get the real good good during then.

They could have given us more than four days notice since I used my loving box yesterday.

Oh well, I still only have to use it one more time

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Alxprit posted:

Well poo poo, I may be able to get melmetal this Tuesday after all. Mad, mad world

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

notthegoatseguy posted:

Latios/Latis codes:

A86ZJUM6e6XGL8W6

A86ZJW28HYCJWQHZ

Zekrom/Reshiram

A869L6e6PRH5F5l7

A969L6G8F22C6JAE

A869L6G8xTZ544RA

I got the first Lati code, thanks.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

Bisharp is absurd.

No one should be able to use physical attacks against Bisharp. He should have some ability similar to Iron Barbs or Rough Skin, accept called "My Stomach is full of deadly saw blades."

No way any move that makes physical contact should be okay, unless they make an attack called "Punch very carefully in the thick-rear end thigh region"

Bisharp's crippling weakness: charlie horses

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

gently caress yeah gained like 250,000 experience from a single lucky egg this morning, turning in my mew and celebi quests then winning three raids and getting a Lugia and ho oh all in a half hour. Then I got Mew as well a little bit later.

Just gotta catch like 25 more grass/poison and I'll get celebi also.

I'm like halfway to level 30 from halfway to level 29.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Organizing my older Pokemon games. My original DS, DSiXL, and several games were stolen a few years back so I lost a bunch. Seeing what I can do to transfer stuff up as I have along car drive coming up.

And I come across my Japanese copy of Heart Gold, something I purchased because back in Gen 4, Japan got the games a few months earlier.

I somehow got to the 7th badge and apparently even downloaded some of the Wi-Fi events.

I honestly have no recollection of ever playing that game. But it is cool to see some old Pokemon in there and there are certainly a few I need to get into the modern era.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

So if any of you were interested in how Guzzlord sounds in the anime...

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The voice of an angel and it's sad that they're gonna get rid of that beautiful sound

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shame about the autoplay music on the site.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

can't really do anything about that one

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Didn't have any music looking at it on mobile, just the sweet sweet sounds of Guzzlord's screaming.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

zoness whips and listening to it is a blessing. the yelling thing is cool too

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
46 pinap berries, I'm loaded for bear Meltan. If I have this right, both the bonus period and the Pinap berries give an extra 3 candies per catch, right?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't have any Pinap berries because I'm like level 9 and I forgot to use my box last week

I'm never gonna get a Melmetal :(

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I was sure that was a clip of some guy screaming pulled from a movie. and people thought the Charmander scream was bad.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

notthegoatseguy posted:

Organizing my older Pokemon games. My original DS, DSiXL, and several games were stolen a few years back so I lost a bunch. Seeing what I can do to transfer stuff up as I have along car drive coming up.

And I come across my Japanese copy of Heart Gold, something I purchased because back in Gen 4, Japan got the games a few months earlier.

I've got a Japanese silver cart but no way to play it, I lost the GBC years ago. I think I was in 7th grade and clearly couldn't wait the several months before it came out in English, and a local store had one. Playing it was very difficult, since I can't speak Japanese.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Cart battery is surely dead by now, so no way to save it anyway (unless you’ve swapped it out).

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Russad posted:

Cart battery is surely dead by now, so no way to save it anyway (unless you’ve swapped it out).

My 20 year-old Blue save hasn't died yet! I don't know how it's still going, but it is.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Ziddar posted:

My 20 year-old Blue save hasn't died yet! I don't know how it's still going, but it is.

Generation 1 games didn't have a little clock inside running constantly so they last a bit longer than a generation 2 game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The only cart save that ever died on me while I was still using it was Final Fantasy 2(snes, US numbering), and it died in like 1996

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Pro Pokemon click

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL565C8A56193DE6D1

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

OgreNoah posted:

I've got a Japanese silver cart but no way to play it, I lost the GBC years ago. I think I was in 7th grade and clearly couldn't wait the several months before it came out in English, and a local store had one. Playing it was very difficult, since I can't speak Japanese.

I honestly have no recollection of actually playing my JP copy ofHeart Gold. But apparently I did, at least up until the point around the 7th/8th badge where grinding is a chore. I apparently also got a few of the JP Wi-Fi events.

I only know a few phrases of Japanese and sure as hell can't actually read any. You kind of just have to rely on just mashing the button for dialogue, choices are always the first choice, and then each move is has a color and you just kind of have to pray it is an Attacking move and not some bullshit useless move.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

It's interesting to see what was waiting for you in an old Pokemon save you forgot. I had gamefly for a while and checked out other people's intriguing teams, boxes, boxes and movesets.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
The first pokemon I ever played was Pokemon Green without speaking Japanese and having never played pokemon before.

It was incredible.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its hilarious that the Lets Go Balls in Amazon are just $40 broken toys without the one time use mew code. Goddamn, Nintendo.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

CubeTheory posted:

The first pokemon I ever played was Pokemon Green without speaking Japanese and having never played pokemon before.

It was incredible.
The first pokemon game I played was pokemon yellow in english without speaking english.

It wasn't that incredible, I got stuck in fuchsia city because I didn't understand that I needed to get through safari zone to progress, and I don't think I understood safari zone in general. To this day I have never finished yellow. I just did the thing kids do where you start the same game from the beginning over and over and then I quit when I got to fuchsia again.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I got stuck in my first play through of Blue for ten minutes because I couldn’t tell that the little mat was the door of my house. I then failed to catch a single thing because I ended up grinding my Charmander until it evolved before I got the tutorial on how to catch Pokémon. On the next play through, I failed right at the league because I didn’t know how to swap out Pokémon and just ran out of PP for my Blastoise.

I was a very slow learner with the series as a little kid. My utter incompetence as a child is what made me tolerate the over abundance of tutorials in later games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Crabtree posted:

Its hilarious that the Lets Go Balls in Amazon are just $40 broken toys without the one time use mew code. Goddamn, Nintendo.

I almost bought a second-hand one without knowing the Mew was one time only. And I would have been pissed.

And then I saw one on ebay that was like, "Mew still inside" and thankfully I got curious and didn't find one for under retail before finding out.