Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
they are doing pretty huge sejuani buffs on the pbe. anyone playing her in this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Who's Sejuani?

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

A big slab of beef with a belt bra going bring it hth

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Please do ignore the ridiculous belt bra, though.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Sejuani was nerfed into oblivion because she was pick/ban in pro play so its gonna be really funny when that happens again because this looks like a huge buff to her overall tankiness in exchange for losing like, half a second on her e stun at max rank

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
she feels really unsnowbally and weak. i think i hate her. got 3 kills in the first 5 minutes in one game and i still couldnt 1v1 anyone. im not expecting her to be rengar but tank jungles also need to be able to snowball a little bit.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i think old sejuani had dramatically better gamefeel and new sejuani feels stilted and awkward to play

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Also voting for Voy because he's got a positive, engaging stream persona and he also fucks up and dies as a consequence of taking horrible gambles relatively frequently and sometimes it's just as instructive to see what you can't do

"Yeah see I wanted to die there so he gets a higher bounty later after he 2v1's my mid and jungler too. Then i'll kill him with my frozen mallet tech and collect" The kid is great

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

pog boyfriend posted:

i think old sejuani had dramatically better gamefeel and new sejuani feels stilted and awkward to play

her q and w are really cool to use but they do 0 damage so they kinda feel really lame anyways

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Slaapaav posted:

she feels really unsnowbally and weak. i think i hate her. got 3 kills in the first 5 minutes in one game and i still couldnt 1v1 anyone. im not expecting her to be rengar but tank jungles also need to be able to snowball a little bit.

That's her pro vs. solo problem at work. In a competitive game, a pre-nerf Sejuani that goes even is a loving nightmare that will force every Flash on the map and who can set up instant picks better than almost any other jungler in the game. In a solo queue game, your team simply doesn't have the coordination necessary to ride off of your pick potential, and so you just feel like a useless lump of coal that does zero damage and throws out ults that never get followed up on. This isn't helped by the fact that her only real inbuilt survivability is something that lasts a fraction of a teamfight, so you can't even get to Maokai levels of ridiculous durability to compensate.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
My one trick TF days are getting real rough over the past few patches.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the nasus buff on the PBE looks completely insane, if it goes live nasus jungle is gonna be extremely good

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Opinions on veigar vs. Karthus as my new champ to one trick for mid lane?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Incel karthus: literally made of bones, tries to steal stuff from his own team, banned in China

Chad veigar: funny, short, Taunts your enemies, succeeds in stealing stuff from his own team, actually the reincarnation of Mao Zedong

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
dont one trick a champion that is pick ban?

i feel like tf is better now than he has been in a long time. the meta really fits him

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
ASol Q is getting a big QoL buff next patch so TF serves no purpose again

Malah
May 18, 2015

pog boyfriend posted:

I loved old Sejuani so much. The third or fourth time they reworked her W is when I finally gave up on her and went back to Amumu.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I got a Teemo 1 v 5 pentakill but had no idea how because i was focusing on volibear in the engage and then PENTAKILL.

Had to check the replay to see what the hell happened.

https://streamable.com/u6l6o

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
that feel when your silver midlaner picks fiddle vs a plat talon onetrick. matchmaking in normal games is pretty funny

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Smol posted:

Who's Sejuani?

a slab of beef with a belt bra going Bring It

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
https://i.imgur.com/YAeMpI2.mp4
This champion is beyond useless
(8x speed, this almost took a full minute)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I only really see him in ARAM and it's kinda funny seeing him push that snowball down and everyone just walks away from it

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Malah posted:

I loved old Sejuani so much. The third or fourth time they reworked her W is when I finally gave up on her and went back to Amumu.

I'm not entirely sure what Sej's new W does because every time I use it it feels like nothing happened. Old Sej was fine and her fight pig was my friend.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
sejuani w looks cool and pushes minions around.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Servaetes posted:

one day riot will fix n&w. as a side, “nunu & willump” sounds like a law firm that specializes in divorce settlements

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
nunu used to be way way worse than he is now. the champion is really good in the jungle. if it wasnt for the map bug with w being on the worlds patch they most likely would have been played.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Servaetes posted:

This is how i feel as Karthus soloing a tower.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lid posted:

This is how i feel as Karthus soloing a tower.

which is where nashors tooth comes into play.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

8.24b should be live now with a bevy of small changes. It's mostly ADC buffs and a strong balance pass on Akali's W, but it should be enough to tide us over until S9.

Apropos of nothing, it's gotten pretty funny how much they've had to massage Pyke's kit to get him to fit into his designated box.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
hes more fun to play against when he has 10 kills than most other midlaners so why are they nerfing him?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Stop changing Pyke and give him a decent starting item please

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
make a good starting item for ad poke supports

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
It’ll also be an item for the hardcore Leona players who don’t care about tanking and just wanna kill some people, aka The Cool Kids

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Nerfing world's coolest support Pyke and world's best item Tiamat while also not nerfing Akali? :riot: story checks out.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
il keep banning her until shes the least played champ in the game or reworked. they made a mistake with her and they need to own up. i dont care how great her skins are ( they are great)

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

pog boyfriend posted:

one day riot will fix n&w. as a side, “nunu & willump” sounds like a law firm that specializes in divorce settlements

thank you i couldnt figure out who that stupid champion was

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I don't think Akali's that bad but yeah her shroud is dumb. I feel like it should last 2 or 3 second and be balanced from there. Or it should be her ult. Her other abilities are interesting enough.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

porfiria posted:

I don't think Akali's that bad but yeah her shroud is dumb. I feel like it should last 2 or 3 second and be balanced from there. Or it should be her ult. Her other abilities are interesting enough.

New Akali is basically the old Akali but way more frustrating and confusing to play against. What a terrible rework.

Also yay Caitlyn buffs

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
how do you give a champion 4 dashes, the ability to kite melee champions and immunity to targeted abilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Slaapaav posted:

hes more fun to play against when he has 10 kills than most other midlaners so why are they nerfing him?

The entirety of Pyke's kit is built and balanced around the assumption that the only place he'll ever go is botlane in a duo. All of his inbuilt CC, strong escapes, regen, and pick potential assume that he's going to be the lowest level and lowest income member of his team, that there's going to be sufficient damage (re: two people) to burst him if he fucks up his engage during laning phase, and that his ability to roam in the early game is largely constrained to the bottom half of the map. I think only Leona has her assumed role locked in more strongly than him.

Dragongem posted:

New Akali is basically the old Akali but way more frustrating and confusing to play against. What a terrible rework.

Part of her kit's problem is that it gives her one of the most massive skill floors I think I've ever seen on a champion. Her winrate is total dogshit below mid Diamond (hitting 39% in Bronze, and only about 45% in Plat/low Diamond), but it then takes an astronomical leap up to 55% by the time you start hitting Masters/Challenger. Even traditionally challenging assassins like Zed don't seem to have this problem. This creates a situation where even subtle attempts to balance her can have major negative effects in lower divisions and strongly discourage people from trying to pick her up and learn her, but leaving her untouched means that she tends to crowd out other assassin choices at the top end because of her kit's versatility.

Vermain fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Dec 18, 2018