Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
Baro ki teer came by recently but I'm still on MR 6....and orcus is locked behind a mr wall....now I'll never get the purple palette he got. Sigh woe is me. (What can I say I like purple).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Relevant request: can people show their eminence fashionframes to sell me on why i need that palette (besides collection purposes). It's tempting to reserve the ducks for other primed stuff which i literally have none of yet.

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
Is there a (non collector) reason to keep my Nova around when I have a Nova Prime? Is there a way of getting more out of getting rid of that frame than selling for 10000 credits?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Teal posted:

Is there a (non collector) reason to keep my Nova around when I have a Nova Prime? Is there a way of getting more out of getting rid of that frame than selling for 10000 credits?

No and No.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

Teal posted:

Is there a (non collector) reason to keep my Nova around when I have a Nova Prime?

Technically, yes, if you have 3 active loadout slots for your Nova Prime, you can use the regular Nova for more slots. Nova has at least 4-5 viable builds, if not more..

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!
Are there any meaningful differences between the Archwing guns or are they all about equally silly? I can't tell why you'd actually prefer one over another in normal missions.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
How are Garuda and Revenant these days? I'd assume they started out a little messy and have since been tweaked around a bit.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Darth Walrus posted:

How are Garuda and Revenant these days? I'd assume they started out a little messy and have since been tweaked around a bit.

Revenant is still mostly a one button wonder. Can't comment on Garuda much.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Death Panel Czar posted:

Are there any meaningful differences between the Archwing guns or are they all about equally silly? I can't tell why you'd actually prefer one over another in normal missions.
Fluctus completely trivializes AW missions. Velocitus is mostly trash but has some niche applications (such as vs Jordas Golem). I hear some people like Grattler, but with Fortuna part 2 coming they'll probably just use it as a regular weapon on the ground. All the others are equally pointless.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Revenant is still mostly a one button wonder. Can't comment on Garuda much.

I’ve played around as revenant a bit. The best build I’ve found is basically high eff + rage. Stay in dm as much as you can, hit 3 if you need health. Works ok on sortie 1 (you need to get hit a bit to keep dm up) if played on a flat tile (dm can’t handle z axis)

So...mediocre at best

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

so are none of you using the skill that spawns a bunch of sentient death pillars that spew seeking projectiles everywhere

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

kind of an arbitrary goal, but I decided I would collect all the warframes way back when I started playing. With nova unvaulted I was finally able to actually do it. This games alright.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

There are a few things with Fortuna bounties that really perplex me, like why waypoints disappear as soon as the first person reaches them, who thought it would be fun to make us hunt for cave entrances vs a timer, how I managed to go from full health to dead during a host migration loading screen, how the collect-a-bunch-of-cash-really-quickly one is actually meant to work, and so on. It's all just a bit....not quite there, you know? On the plus side, I'm getting loads of lenses, which is great.

Death Panel Czar
Apr 1, 2012

Too dangerous for a full sensory injection... That level of shitposting means they're almost non-human!

Terry van Feleday posted:

Fluctus completely trivializes AW missions. Velocitus is mostly trash but has some niche applications (such as vs Jordas Golem). I hear some people like Grattler, but with Fortuna part 2 coming they'll probably just use it as a regular weapon on the ground. All the others are equally pointless.
Grattler was the only one that looked good to me, and just because, yeah, using it on the ground in Fortuna. I can't get the Fluctus yet anyway so I'll just make a mental note to come back to it.

Also thanks much to CaveAdapted for the free poo poo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Johnny Joestar posted:

so are none of you using the skill that spawns a bunch of sentient death pillars that spew seeking projectiles everywhere

Or skill that's a max heal so long as their are enemies around, or the skill that removes the energy cost from the enthrall. Revenant is a 1-skill wonder really in the same way Saryn is, there's one main mechanic but every other ability feeds into it. Also he can solo Fortuna bounties without breaking a sweat.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

Situationally useful e.g. a choke point. But it’s awfully slow compared to just shooting wildly at that choke point and mobs seem to just run around/through them

I think I was running a duration build. Maybe detest some day with max range

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
RNGesus was kind to me this week, both Chroma prime and Banshee prime rare parts needed to fill out the set dropped off of unrefined relics during pub matches. Granted, the last one was an interception missions where the one guy kept throwing B2 relics at it for 7 rounds. It was bedtime so I was practically falling asleep at the keyboard, but he'd put up another and it was just "ah man, ok one more maybe this one will win"

Lucky relic #7 :)

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Inzombiac posted:

Somehow I have managed to get all of his drops but even now a Dread drop makes me furious.

:hai:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biwxFgYcPBA

I love the convoluted mess that is the Corpus language.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002
So coming back for Fortuna made me realize that I haven't Max my quills rep yet what is the current go to amp for farming eidolons?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
x23, with X being a prism of your choice, most people prefer 2 or 4 due to them wrecking voms

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I swear that's just finnish.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

HotBobaloo posted:

So coming back for Fortuna made me realize that I haven't Max my quills rep yet what is the current go to amp for farming eidolons?

Any Prism/Shraksun Scaffold/Lohrin Brace

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Do you need a Dread BP?

Are they even tradeable?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Relevant request: can people show their eminence fashionframes to sell me on why i need that palette (besides collection purposes). It's tempting to reserve the ducks for other primed stuff which i literally have none of yet.

If you pick up Classic Saturated or whatever, you have good access to every color except purple which you get with Eminence. That makes it pretty solid imo.

Teal posted:

For most frames I would say no, but Nova might be an exception since she has 4 distinct and useful builds. Slowva, Speedva, Neutralva, and a max range wormhole build for the outdoor zones (great for farming cetus wisps in particular). If you just keep the Prime, that only gives you 3 configs.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Or just farm up a second Nova Prime. :D

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My second Nova Prime's already baking. I got real lucky with her drops.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

So... yeah. Apparently I had a really good game.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

They really need pronunciation bibles. It's really jarring hearing the different Ostron voice actors pronounce words in their language differently even though the characters all grew up and live in the same place and would have learned the words aurally.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

So how often do orkin catalyst and reactor blueprints drop? I havent hand one since the event after the twitch stream.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
There was a reactor bp alert just last night I think.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I missed one yesterday and got one today. They usually last 80-90 minutes-ish which is longer than normal alerts, but you can definitely miss them. Don't sweat it, after all they're basically a single free dollar (or even less if you only buy plat at 50% or more off).

Vargs posted:

If you pick up Classic Saturated or whatever, you have good access to every color except purple which you get with Eminence. That makes it pretty solid imo.
I bought saturated on day 1 and it's been serving all my needs excellently so far. Most other palettes seem to basically boil down to half a dozen colors, most of which barely seem different from my saturated versions.

They really need a simulator "arsenal" that lets you preview all that market stuff on your frames and cosmetics, because their tiny thumbnails or preset "scenes" are horrible at selling me on anything. Especially when they're basically asking 5 bucks for each of them.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

ughhhh posted:

So how often do orkin catalyst and reactor blueprints drop? I havent hand one since the event after the twitch stream.

Install the phone app and you can edit the preferences so it just beeps you for new catalyst and reactor alerts, so you don't miss any.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Vargs posted:

The Twilight palette also has some good purples.

(get both for maximum FASHION)

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

The Twilight palette also has some good purples.

(get both for maximum FASHION)

Yeah, this is my second most-used palette because it has purples and because it has a few good gold colors when used on metal.

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Yo CaveAdapted, thanks for even more slots!

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Yarg thanks Cave for the slots, in true Tennobaum spirit I passed some gifts to a new goon in chat.
Well i hope they was new, hope they needed some slots!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I got CaveAdapted too, thank you very much.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Vargs posted:

Yeah, this is my second most-used palette because it has purples and because it has a few good gold colors when used on metal.

I see people with a decent fake metallic gold. What are people using for it

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

gaj70 posted:

I see people with a decent fake metallic gold. What are people using for it

This color from the Orokin palette is as close as you can get to the actual gold color used by Prime items:

You can't make things metallic by coloring them, though. It's a property of the item's texture, which is fixed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the shamrock palette gotten around st patrick's day has some really nice yellows/oranges that go well with metallics to make them really pop