Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Easily 40% of DmC is jumping gaps. I really didn't know anything about it before this lp, but that's been my take-away. So much padding. I remember playing through DMC 4 with Nero/Dante, then Lady/Trish, and then Vergil, and that game has some serious reuse of areas and bosses, but I don't think I could ever play DmC like that. I'd go crazy. Traversal filler is just awful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh thank god DmC is finally loving over. Even I was weary of it and I didn't even have to make the loving thing.

Finally, we can all bury Vergin and Donte and forget about them.

edit: Ah poo poo, the Walking Dead is probably coming soon now.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 14, 2018

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

They spend a full third of the new Kingdom Hearts episode looking for Kurt Zisa in Agrabah because someone on Twitter couldn't keep their mouth shut and told them to go back there again FOR SOMETHING SUPER DUPER IMPORTANT.

I would be annoyed if I wasn't enjoying the LP so much.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

It's a shame that Paige is mired in Nazi-adjacent poo poo because I liked her appearance on this week's Friendcast. It's the first time I've heard her and I would've been interested in looking her stuff up but welp.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, the friendcast was genuinely amazing this week with some incredible banter and legit made me laugh out loud multiple times, and the utter, complete shutdown of pat with the basketball bit was one of the best ten seconds of the podcast maybe ever. It's a shame she has not learned the backdown technique yet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Vanderdeath posted:

It's a shame that Paige is mired in Nazi-adjacent poo poo because I liked her appearance on this week's Friendcast. It's the first time I've heard her and I would've been interested in looking her stuff up but welp.

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, the friendcast was genuinely amazing this week with some incredible banter and legit made me laugh out loud multiple times, and the utter, complete shutdown of pat with the basketball bit was one of the best ten seconds of the podcast maybe ever. It's a shame she has not learned the backdown technique yet.

Well, not to worry. Paige will probably completely forget about it in a few months. http://alzheimer.ca/en/Home/Living-with-dementia/Understanding-behaviour/Sundowning

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
If by months you mean hours

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Justice Sloth posted:

If by months you mean hours

What do you mean by that?

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
... because it's sundowning? Like she gets stupid at night, that's the joke

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Yeah from her and Pats descriptions she does literally experience sundowning.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Justice Sloth posted:

... because it's sundowning? Like she gets stupid at night, that's the joke

What? I don't understand, what does that mean?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

RareAcumen posted:

It means that she's kryptonian without the rays of our yellow sun she becomes weaker, frailer and unable to remember her past as the last daughter of a dead race.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TexMexFoodbaby posted:

It means that she's kryptonian without the rays of our yellow sun she becomes weaker, frailer and unable to remember her past as the last daughter of a dead race.

What does this meeeeeeeean?!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

her mind is fresh in the morning but rotted and porous as the sun sets each day

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

What does this meeeeeeeean?!

It's a thing in a lot of dementia patients. In a large number of sufferers their symptoms get worse after the sun goes down/as the day goes on. Considering she's had a bunch of strokes it's not outside the realm of possibility she experiences it but not dementia.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alzheimers-disease/expert-answers/sundowning/faq-20058511

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

her mind is fresh in the morning but rotted and porous as the sun sets each day

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It's a thing in a lot of dementia patients. In a large number of sufferers their symptoms get worse after the sun goes down/as the day goes on. Considering she's had a bunch of strokes it's not outside the realm of possibility she experiences it but not dementia.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/alzheimers-disease/expert-answers/sundowning/faq-20058511

Oh god, how can this be?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Oh god, how can this be?

it took me way to long to get the joke.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ches Neckbeard posted:

it took me way to long to get the joke.

Oh thank god, I was totally out of lines to use.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Peach is somehow more angry than Matt at the Kara twist.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tae posted:

Peach is somehow more angry than Matt at the Kara twist.

Her accepting the Dark Hado and keeping Kara cold was a delight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My_bcliuCss&t=13s

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

Her accepting the Dark Hado and keeping Kara cold was a delight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=My_bcliuCss&t=13s

Pat bumbling through drug knowledge is funnier than it should be

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did I miss something or did they just forget to upload a scrublords/fisticuffs yesterday

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

Did I miss something or did they just forget to upload a scrublords/fisticuffs yesterday

you missed something. https://twitter.com/2BFOfficial/status/1073694209318764546

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Oh bummer, hope everything's okay.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Kingdom Hearts III got leaked. The whole game.

*Here goes Pat Again*

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Kingdom Hearts III got leaked. The whole game.

*Here goes Pat Again*

poo poo. I'd love to have a copy if it was available near me.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Ah, Wollie and Pat are in an Achievement Hunter video today. They played Deceit

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

theCalamity posted:

Ah, Wollie and Patches are in an Achievement Hunter video today. They played Deceit

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

You know, as exciting as these back to back KH episodes are, it is getting a little worrying. Really hope that urgent situation that cancelled the Fisticuffs isn't too serious.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

nerdman42 posted:

You know, as exciting as these back to back KH episodes are, it is getting a little worrying. Really hope that urgent situation that cancelled the Fisticuffs isn't too serious.

they're all still tweeting

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

nerdman42 posted:

:ssh: Just enjoy it man. There'll be plenty of time to worry if you can see the Canadian explosion from your house.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Matt and Woolie seem to have forgotten that the Magic Command is a thing.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I hope I'm not the only one who when they said that King Triton needs to deal with the races that he captures properly, the first thing that popped into my head was "Blitzball."

Whats with the ocean and race wars?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
http://superbestfriendcast.libsyn.com/

Matt's out, I guess?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
So uh, show's over I guess.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Yep. Matt and Pat are no longer friends.

https://youtu.be/K8foDBekOYM

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Wait, what?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm glad FNF/Scrublords ended on a suitable game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
gently caress, I guess something must have come to a head recently. I wonder if Paige's bullshit had anything to do with it.

Sucks to see it end so abruptly but you could definitely feel them petering out over the last while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
When was the last Matt and Pat LP that sounded like both were enjoying themselves, because it feels like a very long time ago.