Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Game of the Year?
This poll is closed.
Celeste 33 7.10%
Spider-man 10 2.15%
Red Dead Redemption 2 32 6.88%
Super Smash Brothers Ultimate 32 6.88%
Monster Hunter World 63 13.55%
God of War 26 5.59%
Into the Breach 7 1.51%
Hitman 2 17 3.66%
Dragon Ball Fighterz 4 0.86%
Blazblue Cross Tag Battle 0 0%
Tetris Effect 2 0.43%
Graveyard Keep 3 0.65%
Octopath Traveler 6 1.29%
Assassin's Creed Odyssey 12 2.58%
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 5 1.08%
Something not listed multiplatform 18 3.87%
Something not listed by Nintendo 1 0.22%
Something not listed by Sony 2 0.43%
Something not listed by Microsoft 1 0.22%
Something not listed on PC 15 3.23%
Something not listed that's indie 15 3.23%
Something that came out late last year 2 0.43%
Something that didn't come out this year but you played this year 23 4.95%
Something that doesn't fit other categories but you want anyways 4 0.86%
Bowsette 132 28.39%
Total: 465 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

I would play every godawful minigame in BoF3 a hundred times before I ever played LFT again.

Holy poo poo it's that bad?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh my god gently caress headaches forever

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Please. Please stop, Infinitum. What are your demands? Why? Why do you turn this thread into Seath's lair?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yo yo ma

Hachi machi

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's like I'm looking at this bottle of hot sauce and thinking "how hot could it be?"

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Black August posted:

Please. Please stop, Infinitum. What are your demands? Why? Why do you turn this thread into Seath's lair?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4jd0UWGPgY

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

i hate that hedgehog

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Black August posted:

i hate that hedgehog

Chill out with a chili dog friend

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

Breath of Fire 3 was the worst game I played this year, until I played the LFT mod for FF Tactics.

LFT fixes a bunch of things, like making magic not take forever to cast in the early game, and it makes every class fun and interesting!

But then it goes and does things like giving every enemy 50% damage reduction, MP Switch + Move -> Get MP, and unlisted Barrier (reduces all damage to 1 for a dozen hits). It turns an interesting base game into a nightmare war of attrition against enemies that just can't die, and its difficulty has been overtuned for years by rear end in a top hat grogs whose entire lives have been spent poring over the minutiae of FFT's systems.

I would play every godawful minigame in BoF3 a hundred times before I ever played LFT again.

Have you ever played that mod where you play through as cloud, snake, link, dante, and ramza?

precision posted:

Oh my god gently caress headaches forever

Get well soon. Try putting yourself into a dark place with no images or sounds to disturb you and hopefully some kind of cold compress. Those have always done wonders for me but I also get that headaches are different for everybody so what works for me may not work for you.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I just take some ibuprofen/other headache med

I assume I get headaches from stress because sometimes I go for ages without one while other times I have to chug pills on a daily basis

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Sonic would not be friends with the cops, this movie is bullshit

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Sonic was born from marketing in the foetid loins of Capitalism, and he will die in its icy cold antiwomb, he will march with the blueboys in support of brutality

GOTTA GO FASC

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Blue Extra Lives Matter

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I finished Super Paper Mario. I wasn't a huge fan of it gameplay wise and some of the later levels were ridiculous but I kept plugging away for the characters and the story and the humour and on those terms it was really good. Even though the plot points were all pretty rote I was still into Timpani and Blumiere's love story and I'm glad that they got a happy ending :unsmith:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

extremely cursed image

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jay Rust posted:

You have to learn to hate games you haven’t played

I have never played a Fatal Frame game but after having to deal with that lady in a Smash spirit battle 80 times I am ready to declare it Worst Series Ever

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
The logo of the developer of Lost Dimension looks like a Top Gear joke

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The super best friends channel and podcast on yt is ending cause they arent friends anymore

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Super best coworkers

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is this like when the Myth busters revealed they didn't like each other

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is this like when the Myth busters revealed they didn't like each other
i hope they presented it like

MYTH: we like each other

BUSTED

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Super Best Hooked Up That One Time in Sophomore Year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Well, I tried to play The Bard's Tale on the NES but it was just so slow. I'm not up for spending two hours grinding just so I can handle the next dungeon. I do plan on playing some more 80s RPGs so hopefully they don't take too long to get a bit more pacey.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Real hurthling! posted:

The super best friends channel and podcast on yt is ending cause they arent friends anymore

That owns lmao

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Real hurthling! posted:

Came here to post something about this because man this sucks but it's not exactly surprising considering how things have been going over there lately. I was starting to get suspicious when everyone started leaning heavily into their own solo stuff but convinced myself they were just side gigs.

It's dumb to get worked up about 30-something internet personalities going their own ways (even though it looks like Woolie and Pat will be doing stuff) but this one's a bummer. With Sips pivoting full time to twitch over a year ago and now this, it's a big chunk of stuff I used to watch on YouTube that's now gone.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Super Best Acquaintances

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

exquisite tea posted:

Super Best Hooked Up That One Time in Sophomore Year

This hit too close to home

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Awesome, thanks for the 50s b-movie suggestions, all! The Leather Goddesses of Phobos-related ones are especially up my alley.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Samuringa posted:

This hit too close to home

Chelsea, is that you?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Super Best Friends With Benefits

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

I'm enjoying Yakuza Kiwami but Im wondering how much stuff is missing compared to 0 or 6.

honestly 6 is the one with the most "missing", they definitely had a lot of work to do getting the new engine ready for that one, combined with the stupid detailed update of Kamurocho and as a result you have missing side stuff like roughly a quarter of the map and a bunch of minigames not in.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Interrupting my Super Best Roommates stream to tell Kyle to do his loving dishes for once in his life

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Real hurthling! posted:

did they blow up or did they just drift apart like long-time friends do sometimes.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
"Wow, Kyle, it's weird that when you're playing this game with me you display a compulsive need to pick up every item you see, and yet you leave your loving toenail clippings all over the coffee table"

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

did they blow up or did they just drift apart like long-time friends do sometimes.

They held it together professionally until this week with regular content but have been disagreeing about business behind the scenes for a while and started building up individual channels months ago to make this planned ending a soft landing. Seems like theres still respect there but idk i only really watch their bad fighting game content and some of their stuff about their days playtesting for thq cause thats always a funny shitshow story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
All other newspaper comic strips bow the gently caress down to Nancy.