Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wide stance
Jan 28, 2011

If there's more than one way to do a job, and one of those ways will result in disaster, then he will do it that way.

VacaGrande posted:

At least eTap will make building those bikes slightly easier.

They need to finally release a Force eTap so you don't need to spend $2000 to move your chain to a different cog wirelessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
RIP Paul Sherwen :o

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

TobinHatesYou posted:

RIP Paul Sherwen :o

Oh wow. That’s awful news. :(

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I'm from Buenos Aires and I say test em all!
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/geraint-thomas-wants-to-target-second-consecutive-tour-de-france-title-in-2019/

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Highly suggest watching the women's Vlaamse Druivencross.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/TeamSky/status/1072748124765065216?s=19

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Oh. Well then.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Haven't a bunch of riders signed new contracts? Must have a sponsor lined up.

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Well Sky is owned by Comcast, so maybe Comcast will become the formal title sponsor.

Or maybe Comcast just doesn’t want to sink money into cycling at all.

Bahrain-Merida and UAE-Emirates budgets are going to be huge in the coming years too, so probably a good time to cut loose. There’s nowhere to go for Sky, but down.

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 12, 2018

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

There won't be any shortage of sponsors wanting in, it'll just be a name change really won't it?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Thank gently caress

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Skarsnik posted:

There won't be any shortage of sponsors wanting in, it'll just be a name change really won't it?

Don't think many will want to carry on the sponsorship at the same level of funding though.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Skarsnik posted:

Sky actually own the team. So they would need to find a buyer not just sponsorship.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

*glass shatters*

That's Oleg Tinkovs music!

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Incredible what Team Sky have achieved in their relatively short time as a team. If they are broken up next year they leave behind an unmatched record of success. What is particularly impressive about their success is that they achieved it cultivating riders from a country with a rotten record in grand tours so they were coming in to build from the ground up.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
You could say that it’s almost too good to be true.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

Flayer posted:

Incredible what Team Sky have achieved in their relatively short time as a team. If they are broken up next year they leave behind an unmatched record of success. What is particularly impressive about their success is that they achieved it cultivating riders from a country with a rotten record in grand tours so they were coming in to build from the ground up.

I agree, it's not credible.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Assuming G and Froome remain close next year, then we can see which team has the better doping program in 2020.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Flayer posted:

Yes, they did manage to win in a jiffy.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

2018 CX nats v2: why even bring a bike?

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

So now that Remco Evenepoel turned pro, how will the team likely start him out this year?

nwin fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 16, 2018

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

nwin posted:

So now that Remco Evenepoel turned pro, how will the tram likely start him out this year?

No the tram comes later, during the grand tours.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

bicievino posted:

Curtis White crashed into my balls on the big slippy downhill first lap and I’m glad he came in second because of it.

It was hard to even walk around much less race a bike. Good times

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

paddyboat posted:

Curtis White crashed into my balls on the big slippy downhill first lap and I’m glad he came in second because of it.

It was hard to even walk around much less race a bike. Good times

Hot.

VacaGrande
Dec 24, 2003
God! A red nugget! A fat egg under a dog!

bicievino posted:

That actually wasn't the worst the course was... they opened up a couple of untouched parallel sections on Sunday for the elites. The day before in the SS race it was even worse. I was working the pits for a couple of races and the mud almost came up over my rain boots in a few spots. It was just insane. Incredible experience to watch though and really gives you a perspective for just how good the pros are as far as what they can ride at what speed.

bicievino
Feb 5, 2015

VacaGrande posted:

That actually wasn't the worst the course was... they opened up a couple of untouched parallel sections on Sunday for the elites. The day before in the SS race it was even worse. I was working the pits for a couple of races and the mud almost came up over my rain boots in a few spots. It was just insane. Incredible experience to watch though and really gives you a perspective for just how good the pros are as far as what they can ride at what speed.

Yeah, I posted that during the SS race. That looked insane.

Would've loved to see it in person - looking forward to next year.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Merry Christmas from me and Matteo Trentin

https://twitter.com/cyclingnewsfeed/status/1077647728853831681?s=21

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/laflammerouge16/status/1077831995722514432?s=19

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Nice

:chloe:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Which one is Judas?

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Judas was sitting 3rd from the left of the big guy in the original..

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

goatface posted:

Which one is Judas?

You need to ask that?

They all are

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'm Ms Sagans lumpy titties

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
I’m Boonen.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I'm the plate of food fat Wiggo is trying to make sure he can still eat.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

what the christ

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
Specialized has made a terrible mistake.

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
It’s been rumored for a while that she’s going to Scott, but I don’t see how Big S didn’t do everything possible to keep her. They’d stand toe to toe with Trek with her and Langvad. If the rumors are true, it’d be great if Jenny Rissveds was able to come back. They’d make a hell of a team. Scott having the double rainbow is huge if it pans out that way.

Bud Manstrong fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 31, 2018

TobinHatesYou
Aug 14, 2007

wacky cycling inflatable
tube man
She’s the XC world champ at 23. She’s American, local and just a fun social media personality in general. I don’t get it. How much is Scott paying her...

TobinHatesYou fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Dec 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
And they had the chance to have an Olympic medalist in an American jersey riding an American bike. Insane. It’s so off it almost feels like something went south behind the scenes that wasn’t money related.