Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When’s the last time a hyper rich person (by that I mean at least hundreds of million) lost everything?

Elizabeth Holmes

cat tax:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

When’s the last time a hyper rich person (by that I mean at least hundreds of million) lost everything?

the blood test lady with the weird voice

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Elizabeth Holmes

right her

fun fact, Mad Dog Mattis was on that board and his big project was trying to sell those scam tests to the military using his connections.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Eike Batista, probably.

Caros
May 14, 2008

At this point I'm fairly certain Susan Collins could watch a man be shot on live television, and say that she hasn't seen the full picture, so long as the shooter was a republican.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Someone somewhere probably put a hundred million bucks into Bitcoin when it hit 20k right? I really hope so.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

sexpig by night posted:

the blood test lady with the weird voice

Did she really have anything though? All she held was inflated stock that she couldn't really sell off without losing influence in the company.

sexpig by night posted:

fun fact, Mad Dog Mattis was on that board and his big project was trying to sell those scam tests to the military using his connections.

Not only that. But he found out about Theranos when a medical officer told him basically "this is a big scam and none of this crap works"

so Mathis went "hmmmm" retired from the service, invested in the company and then joined the Theranos board of directors.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

I think they mean the right thinks the country all secretly agrees with them and hates all the same people they do but are too scared to say so, and the democratic libs think that their goodness is not only self-evident but also the ONLY force keeping America from falling to barbarism and roving slaughter gangs, so to question that is to tacitly side with the nazis.

doesn't sound too far off

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Bernie Madoff

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dejawesp posted:

Did she really have anything though? All she held was inflated stock that she couldn't really sell off without losing influence in the company.

Not only that. But he found out about Theranos when a medical officer told him basically "this is a big scam and none of this crap works"

so Mathis went "hmmmm" retired from the service, invested in the company and then joined the Theranos board of directors.

Shes the daughter of wealth and privilege, so much like most people who get "ruined" while rich she and her descendents will have lices of privilege that will lead to comfortable wealth but not necessarily better off than she was

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
isn't even harvey weinstein expected to get off on appeal?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
That guy gets off on everything.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

only one of these guys is good looking...

https://twitter.com/wearerighter/status/1073667173174992903

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Barudak posted:

Shes the daughter of wealth and privilege, so much like most people who get "ruined" while rich she and her descendents will have lices of privilege that will lead to comfortable wealth but not necessarily better off than she was

Yeah she will get some obscure "director of marketing" position in some tech company and live comfortably. Privilege gravitates.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

That picture of Dean Cain is at least a decade old.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

"Conservatives R singles."

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This guy: https://www.forbes.com/sites/heathe...d/#1434b696ce57

The story is pretty insane. He was making unprotected investments of his own money in European energy markets, got overextended and lost hundreds of millions of euros. Of course being a rich white guy I think they're letting him keep one of his houses but he went from being one of Norway's richest men to having almost nothing literally overnight.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Dejawesp posted:

Yeah she will get some obscure "director of marketing" position in some tech company and live comfortably. Privilege gravitates.

nothing matters fanfiction.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The theranos bootlicker has logged on

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Where do you see yourself in five years?

“Hopefully working on somethi...”

Gonna stop you right there

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

I'm pretty sure that's a 90s publicity shot. He didn't look that good in the one episode of Desperate Housewives that my housemates watched that I definitely didn't watch all the way through.

He looked old as gently caress on Lady Dynamite.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Lower right looks like his hands are always clammy

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

Lower right looks like his hands are always clammy

He looks like he's holding long, fake arms inside his sleeves.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Snowman_McK posted:

He looks like he's holding long, fake arms inside his sleeves.

Just an overall McPoyle vibe, imo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I get when people stan for random politicians and all but really, we're getting huffy at people impugning the honor of the crazy blood test lady

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
You can pay as many male models as you want to grow shaggy beards and dress up like "operators" to sell poo poo, but it's not gonna convince women to buy tactical gear. The attractiveness grift only works one way.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Also besides him and diaper dude, I don’t know who anyone else in this collage is supposed to be. Is center-left supposed to be the American Sniper guy? They couldn’t find 8 living attractive conservatives so they had to spring for a 20 year old publicity photo and a Darwin Award winner?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Love how this ignores Hollywood which is like 90% liberal and filled to the brim with some of the most objectively good looking people on the planet.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Clint Eastwood is a republican and still more attractive than all these guys.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 17, 2018

Peacoffee
Feb 11, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Love how this ignores Hollywood which is like 90% liberal and filled to the brim with some of the most objectively good looking people on the planet.

This is the UFA film star system equivalent for social media.

Move over Greta Garbo here comes...someone...

e: Clint Eastwood is a literal cracker.

Peacoffee fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Dec 17, 2018

selec
Sep 6, 2003

CubanMissile posted:

Clint Eastwood is a republican and still more attractive than all these guys.

Dude looks like they put him in a food dehydrator in 1973 and just let him out. He’s not a monster but you can get dehydrated just looking at him. I don’t want to say he looks dry, because that would be doing a disservice to the platonically hydrophobic nature of his essence.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

selec posted:

Dude looks like they put him in a food dehydrator in 1973 and just let him out. He’s not a monster but you can get dehydrated just looking at him. I don’t want to say he looks dry, because that would be doing a disservice to the platonically hydrophobic nature of his essence.

Yeah, but he's got a nice smile.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

sexpig by night posted:

I get when people stan for random politicians and all but really, we're getting huffy at people impugning the honor of the crazy blood test lady

I’m saying that jerking off that she’s gonna get some cushy job out of this is stupid, she’s done. No one is hiring her for marketing, she’s a college dropout that lost 4 billion dollars through fraud.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep
"Environtist" Millenial: Oh my god, we have to stop destroying the earth. please! i have to live here!
Me: 'on fleek' eyeroll tumblr gif, dab, haha gottem! big mood no thanks!

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Hasn't this happened to a whole bunch of washed up celebrities?

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There's memes of paid models in American and Confederate flag bikinis compared to random protestors that say 'conservative women are hotter'

They have to work really hard to make the dumbass point.

CubanMissile posted:

You can pay as many male models as you want to grow shaggy beards and dress up like "operators" to sell poo poo, but it's not gonna convince women to buy tactical gear. The attractiveness grift only works one way.

Calling anything tactical makes it sell to men. I say this as an extremely self conscious owner of a tactical torch and a pair of tactical pants

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
I don't know where else to ask this as the D&D helps people argue thread has been archived. A while back there was some posts at another forum about research done on the Nazis. Specifically about what makes a Nazi. This person posting claimed that the U.S. or some other nation or a group of nations funded research where psychologists were interviewing captured Nazis to get a psychological profile. The claim was then the only thing that tied them all together was a lack of empathy. Mix that with the article I just read that was posted here in a tweet a bit ago (https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2018/10/the-cruelty-is-the-point/572104/) I was thinking about the research the other person claimed. I did some searching to find out if there is research on the psychological profile of a Nazi out there, but as you are probably not surprised it's hard to research anything related to WWII.

Anything with the Nazi title throws the results into mayhem. Does anyone here know of research related to the psychological profiling of them? Is this something that really happened, or something that another forums posters just made up?

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Charliegrs posted:

Hasn't this happened to a whole bunch of washed up celebrities?

It seems to happen to people who came from nothing, made a lot of money, spent it, and couldn’t make more for some reason (eg illness, lost looks.) Actors and sports stars.

People who come from money have a better cushion - their peers and family don’t let them fall too far.

But there are probably some real train wrecks that came from money and burned all their bridges.

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Snowman_McK posted:

Calling anything tactical makes it sell to men. I say this as an extremely self conscious owner of a tactical torch and a pair of tactical pants

Wonder if we could teach chuds not to be assholes by selling lessons in tactical tact...

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm having my name legally changed to "Tactical Thermonuclear Dildo".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Ya know it's amazing how many people see a protest and completely miss the point