Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

show me the poop

I need the poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

uncle w benefits posted:

Whatever Q Anon means.

Why is it bullshit?

lol go figure unc has the worst fuckin' take on this

ban this sick filth pls

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Transferred intent laws are generally pretty loving stupid and don't operate to deter anything. If anything they seem to incentify reckless behavior on the part of the police and those breaking the law by muddying the connection between cause and effect.

If people know that when their co-conspirators get shot to death by cops they will be serving time for that murder, they don't really have much to lose at that point.

also the idea of a minor being held liable for the reckless action of another minor also kind of flies directly in the face of the purpose of trying individuals as juveniles. This case essentially flies in the face of the purpose behind having juvenile courts and has effectively ruined this kids life. Not really a great day for society or the criminal justice system

Can you really argue that cops will be made to act more recklessly because laws like this? Seems like quite a stretch to assume.

Juvenile courts are a joke and if you gently caress up bad enough they just hold you until you're off age and move you to prison anyway. The kid should have a ruined life because he got his bro killed bringing him along to commit armed robbery. The kid should be held responsible for the death of his buddy, but not first degree murder. Some form of manslaughter perhaps.

uncle w benefits fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Dec 14, 2018

Hezzy
Dec 4, 2004

Pillbug

britain.mp4

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

uncle w benefits posted:

Can you really argue that cops will be made to act more recklessly because laws like this? Seems like quite a stretch to assume.

Juvenile courts are a joke and if you gently caress up bad enough they just hold you until you're off age and move you to prison anyway. The kid should have a ruined life because he got his bro killed bringing him along to commit armed robbery. The kid should be held responsible for the death of his buddy, but not first degree murder. Some form of manslaughter perhaps.

Actually kids shouldn’t be held responsible. They are kids.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Vahakyla posted:

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

uncle w benefits posted:

*blm is heard in the distance chanting what do we want dead cops when do we want them now *

Hell yes

uncle w benefits
Nov 1, 2010

hi, it's me, your uncle

Vahakyla posted:

What do we do with them when they do things like rob and kill?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

uncle w benefits posted:

This one didn't kill anyone?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

uncle w benefits posted:

Yes lets hold kids responsible in ways we rarely hold adults responsible. You're not a cop right? It seems like you can barely loving read.

Transferred intent could potentially make police act more recklessly. It also could make criminals act more recklessly by recognizing that once the most violent of them acts out, they will all be held responsible for that action. it essentially establishes a motive to race to the bottom once some criminal enterprise starts to fail, which occurs regularly. It's a loving stupid policy that has literally 0 place in juvenile court in any decent society.

uncle w benefits posted:

In situations where that is the case, unlike the one you brought up, we should probably examine why they did what they did. If the solution to juvenile violence is to lock them up in a system that guarantees they'll be incredibly hosed up when they get out then how the gently caress can we claim to be a civilized society? Their punishment generally ends up being a life sentence in terms of the options that are available to them after they complete their prison term.

Kawasaki Nun fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 14, 2018

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Looks like I'm gonna be off next week because Mexico doesn't want to pay for a wall.

Also a good article about how we could have collected 18 billion more dollars this year. USA is the new Greece

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/12/rich-people-are-getting-away-not-paying-their-taxes/577798/

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
A Person: "or you could do your community service at the police station, file stuff, maybe wash some cop cars"
Me: "and HELP cops?"

YEAH loving RIGHT

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Firstborn posted:

A Person: "or you could do your community service at the police station, file stuff, maybe wash some cop cars"
Me: "and HELP cops?"

YEAH loving RIGHT

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Changing the subject, and going back to Arc Light's awesome post on the current state of policing, I have a question for those in the force in the US.

If you could change hiring standards and testing, how would you? I realize this is a general question and I'm not looking for specifics to a given department, just what are the strengths and weaknesses you experienced? What would make for both better screening, but also better recruiting?

drat, I was hoping this would have been the new focus. I want to hear what they think as well.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Max quit being a cop, though

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

ASAPI posted:

drat, I was hoping this would have been the new focus. I want to hear what they think as well.

Recruit from the antifa front lines.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

the thin reflective safety stripe line

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
In case y'all missed it in the shady thread

Memento posted:

https://i.imgur.com/QfoDraS.mp4

:nws: for the dumbest loving gun user you've ever seen testing whether his laser sight is working by pointing his loaded gun at his hand and pulling the trigger.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Hey don’t shoot anyone with a flare gun you guys. It doesn’t kill the person, they just get all burnt and angry and call the police on you.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

beanieson posted:

Hey don’t shoot anyone with a flare gun you guys. It doesn’t kill the person, they just get all burnt and angry and call the police on you.

I forgot what thread I was in and was gonna ask you how many gold bars a flare gun costs

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

xpost to the dog thread

ACAB

An Officer Placed a Retired Police Dog in a Shelter. Now He’s Been Demoted.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

gently caress this police especially

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
So I got pulled over tonight for "failing to signal" which I know is bullshit because I always, always, always signal when turning. The real reason he pulled me over was because I was driving around a sketchy neighborhood at night.

I'm extremely lucky I'm white or else I'd probably be getting a pat down right now.

acab

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

rudecyrus posted:

So I got pulled over tonight for "failing to signal" which I know is bullshit because I always, always, always signal when turning. The real reason he pulled me over was because I was driving around a sketchy neighborhood at night.

I'm extremely lucky I'm white or else I'd probably be getting a pat down right now.

acab

So you forgot to signal?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Melthir posted:

So you forgot to signal?

He should use the FoIA to request the dashcam footage.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

pm me your name date of birth and social and I’ll get that footage for you.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

beanieson posted:

pm me your name date of birth and social and I’ll get that footage for you.

420-69-1337

GunForumMeme
Apr 22, 2010

Reign Of Pain posted:

I forgot what thread I was in and was gonna ask you how many gold bars a flare gun costs

Same. I was like "How did I miss the flare gun?"

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
God drat Freedom Caucus just torpedoed the CR....guess I'll have next week off and eventually get paid for it any way...

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Victor Vermis posted:

This guy.

This guy gets it.

He's still getting his mother loving toys though.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry

beanieson posted:

gently caress this police especially

That guy is a piece of poo poo and I hate him.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

Clapping Larry
Dear cops, hello, how are things with you, in police land? Any interesting controversies or happenings?

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
Welp, guess I'm off next week or more..which I'll still get paid for :smug:

Trump is a real loving idiot, just fyi

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

drilldo squirt posted:

Dear cops, hello, how are things with you, in police land? Any interesting controversies or happenings?

I'm gonna have a baby with in January and my job will pay for me to take almost half the year off.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Chichevache posted:

I'm gonna have a baby with in January and my job will pay for me to take almost half the year off.

Yet another case of a cop getting a paid vacation after they’re involved an intentional discharge :cumpolice:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/lexkypolice/status/1079842747782230016

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

2018 was just a kick in the balls from start to finish.

Hope y'all found a nice overpass to park under at midnight.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Arc Light posted:

2018 was just a kick in the balls from start to finish.

Hope y'all found a nice overpass to park under at midnight.

My 2019 is stating off as poo poo....WORKING FOR FREE :mad:

gently caress orange hair donnie

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

E:

I WANT MAH MONAY!!!!!!

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jan 4, 2019

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1081694157607976961

Oh hey I found the 'kill all pigs' thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

That guy has already been fired.