Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

PhazonLink posted:

they didnt need plumbing though, like most other cultures/civs knew that you needed to dig a deep enough hole and not working around barefoot in your poopspot. But somehow southerns didnt do both those things.

I'm sure it's already been said but you know all those places pre-plumbing also had health issues like this because shockingly, burying your turds doesn't actually make them not turds. It's almost like that's why there's a major push to try to help make plumbing and toilets worldwide or something you classist dingus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just discovered that the British have an official cabinet position for the cat living at 10 Downing St entitled Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office and I am freaking the gently caress out.

The US has an inspirational gay bunny rabbit tho

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just discovered that the British have an official cabinet position for the cat living at 10 Downing St entitled Chief Mouser to the Cabinet Office and I am freaking the gently caress out.
That cat recently had to attend a hearing at Parliament.

Also UK Consulate has ZERO chill

https://twitter.com/UKinBoston/status/1074319310959595521

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Also re hook worms. I grew up in Florida being told that one must wear shoes outside because of hook worms. I'm only 35.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

His name is Larry. There is also a 'Chief Mouser of the Foreign & Commonwealth Office' named Palmerston. He and Larry don't get along.

quote:

Palmerston was in the news on 3 May 2016, as it was reported that he had caught his first mouse. On 11 July 2016, Palmerston was caught on camera in a stand-off between himself and Larry in and around Downing Street. On 26 July 2016, Palmerston was caught sneaking into Number 10, when the famous black door was left open. He was later evicted by resident police. On 1 August 2016, a journalist caught Palmerston and Larry having a serious cat-fight, which led to Palmerston having damage to his ear and Larry losing his collar.

In October 2017, Palmerston "appointed" his first overseas envoys. Lawrence of Abdoun, a rescued black-and-white street tomcat, was given a role at the British Embassy in Amman, Jordan and is named after British military officer T. E. Lawrence and the neighbourhood in Amman where the embassy is located.Leyla Pixie, an orphaned kitten from Turkey, was adopted by the British Consulate General in Istanbul.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I don’t care that Britain is a country in the death throes stage of empire, I want back in.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
I goddamn long for a time when the biggest news story was what the cat in the Whitehouse was up to today.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

An important watch for folks discovering British cat political matters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_idVXgEUjQQ

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

An important watch for folks discovering British cat political matters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_idVXgEUjQQ

It’s just all too perfect. I fear I’ll wake up tomorrow and find out that this was all just some wonderful dream.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s just all too perfect. I fear I’ll wake up tomorrow and find out that this was all just some wonderful dream.

You somehow missed the opportunity to say “purrfect.”

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Good uses of filling B roll by that person.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mod sassinator posted:

I goddamn long for a time when the biggest news story was what the cat in the Whitehouse was up to today.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Even some of the most monstrous people in all of history kept pets because they saw some value, found some enjoyment, in the comradary and the love and small comforts they bring.

But not Trump. He somehow lacks even that most basic of human traits. It’s honestly, no joke, one of his most disturbing attributes.

Dejawesp
Jan 8, 2017

You have to follow the beat!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Even some of the most monstrous people in all of history kept pets because they saw some value, found some enjoyment, in the comradary and the love and small comforts they bring.

But not Trump. He somehow lacks even that most basic of human traits. It’s honestly, no joke, one of his most disturbing attributes.

Maybe he wants pets but he's afraid that Pence will gently caress them.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

How could he seek things he likely has never experienced in his life?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I don’t care that Britain is a country in the death throes stage of empire, I want back in.

Look, like a burnout dad whose deadbeat kid has a garage but no car, it can move in with America

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Dejawesp posted:

Plausible. I'll cede this point.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’d love to see Trump attempt to ride a horse.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

mod sassinator posted:

To be fair, Larry gets more poo poo done in a day than anyone else inside 10 Downing St.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So, it's sorta like the general sense of this except on a horse with a lasso and a good chance he strangles himself with it.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Say what you will about SNL, but I rather enjoy Matt Damon's portrayal of Kavanagh.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

So, it's sorta like the general sense of this except on a horse with a lasso and a good chance he strangles himself with it.

Horse would likely get stressed out from all that shifting weight and try to throw him, breaking his spine or skull.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There is one animal we know Trump loves: beef. So the only logical conclusion would be:

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Aramis posted:

There is one animal we know Trump loves: beef. So the only logical conclusion would be:

Donald only pawn in game of life.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Dejawesp posted:

He wants attention without the least amount of effort in even taking care of them. He can't raise children, of course he can't handle the simple give and take of a animal pal.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Putin has doggos!

and brings them to diplomatic meetings with Merkel because he knows she's scared of big dogs

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
someone post that pedo riding a horse to look manly that lost in the AL senate race in 2017, tia.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

PhazonLink posted:

someone post that pedo riding a horse to look manly that lost in the AL senate race in 2017, tia.

I'm glad I can't even remember his name.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

CubanMissile posted:

Say what you will about SNL, but I rather enjoy Matt Damon's portrayal of Kavanagh.

if he doesn't know how to be a belligerent drunk rear end in a top hat can he really say he's from boston though?

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Ague Proof posted:

The administration is a Ship of Feces.

If you replace all the lovely parts of the Trump Administration, one by one, with other lovely parts; is it still the same administration?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

And where’s Alaska?

It saw how Australia was drawn and decided to gently caress off with Hawaii

Argas posted:

Personally I like using the term "Trumpet" but it's a more narrow category than the generic chud.

Trumpet is no better because Trump isn't human

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 17, 2018

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

As someone who doesn't see the value in pets, it angers me when it's pointed as a sign of evil. #NotAllNonPetOwners.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Easy Diff posted:

That cat recently had to attend a hearing at Parliament.

I think that's the same cat Obama is petting here:

Could you imagine Trump petting a cat? That sociopathic sonofabitch hates animals.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

AceOfFlames posted:

As someone who doesn't see the value in pets, it angers me when it's pointed as a sign of evil. #NotAllNonPetOwners.

Hey don't worry about how it looks. Honestly some of the most responsible people with animals are NON pet owners. I absolutely love animals, but I just find it easier to not own any. Because of this, I'm not sure I can adequately take care of an animal (plus vet bills can get really expensive!) So I really feel like it's just the more responsible thing for me not to have any pets. There are far,far too many people out there that are garbage pet owners and I don't want to be one of them.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

PhazonLink posted:

He failed at that. He rode in trying to look like a cowboy as a stunt while voting, but anyone who knows horses at all made fun of him for doing nearly everything wrong. He tried to ride it like a carousel horse, not an intelligent animal. People notice poo poo like that, especially in the South, and it scored him no points.

https://mashable.com/2017/12/12/roy-moore-cant-ride-horse/#SlHygsik7OqW

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Barudak posted:

Look, like a burnout dad whose deadbeat kid has a garage but no car, it can move in with America

Wouldn't that be some loving irony. Now presenting the 51st state; England!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

AceOfFlames posted:

I don't think that was the point. It was more "given all his traits and standards"

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Charliegrs posted:

I think that's the same cat Obama is petting here:

Could you imagine Trump petting a cat? That sociopathic sonofabitch hates animals.

The wiki specifically mentions that Larry doesn't usually take to new people, but was cool with Obama givin' him a pat. Reminds me of this classic.

Whatever my reservations about some of his policies, Obama was a decent and chill guy. I hope we can have another president in my lifetime with so few asterisks on their legacy and personal conduct.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Make America Great Britain Again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Then the NHS can expand across the Atlantic and finally give the US some decent health care.