Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
The politics is largely CAUSING my unhappiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.

Rust Martialis posted:

The politics is largely CAUSING my unhappiness

Social democracy in decay pairs very well with dark as poo poo winter to create the brooding depression you never knew you wanted.

Om a somewhat lighter note, all this snow makes Stockholm hella pretty

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
Hey man I'm a native Swede who is politically depressed as gently caress and hate the cold and darkness. Couple of things to keep in mind:

1. Talking to professionals shows you are strong enough to know your limits. I loving hate the social stigma around non-physical afflictions and disabilities and it's a huge part of making people feel like poo poo for not being "perfect".
2. The darkness is something that many, including natives, have issues with even if they don't realize it/talk about it. I got nothing to say here as an advice other than reminding you that you're far from alone.
3. As for the politics? Yeah, pretty stumped there. I mostly focus on anti-fascist and other left-wing principles and let others who know more of other issues that I agree on do the work there. It let me vent my feeling while doing something good for society. Political sabotage isn't always bad. :)
4. If you're into board games, look for local game groups on facebook. I promise you there'll be some looking for new players if ya live in a decent-sized city and as much as I like to rag on danes(being filthy heathens who can't speak a proper language and all that) I will not deny that they're much like us in that most welcome new people into their nerdhangs.
5. Don't get a habit of grabbing a beer or two when you're down due to the darkness/cold/politics. I know this may seem obvious but I've seen too many friends, relatives and comrades start out that way and then not being able to get out of it. I'm not anti-alcohol, as many swegoons can attest to, but the mörkeröl is not a habit you want to get stuck with.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Holy poo poo, somebody at DR reeeeaaally wants to see Pernille Vermund in parliament.

https://www.facebook.com/dr3dk/videos/2504808636253503

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Rutkowski posted:

2. The darkness is something that many, including natives, have issues with even if they don't realize it/talk about it. I got nothing to say here as an advice other than reminding you that you're far from alone.

Eat more fish (sardines!) and/or vitamin D pills. No joke, a lot of winter depression can be due to low D levels.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
You have to learn to deal with the dark and gray nature of Sweden if you want to live here

Embrace the darkness and sheath your heart in cold ice

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

SplitSoul posted:

Holy poo poo, somebody at DR reeeeaaally wants to see Pernille Vermund in parliament.

Goddamn what a prize reactionary identitarian fuckface. He literally only cares about how "extreme" he can go, ideology-wise.

If there ever was a face in desperate need of a boot, his is it. Ah well, it'll happen soon enough, if he keeps up his shitheadedness.

And gently caress me, I'm glad I stopped paying licens.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Dec 17, 2018

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

KozmoNaut posted:

At least the nazi propaganda will be funded through progressive taxation and no longer a poll tax from 2020. :unsmith:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
How do I deal with bright light, cause I have the opposite problem and I am happiest during winter.

In my stupid cold apartment because my down-stairs neighbors are saving electricity or something and I'm freezing my toes off.

If you need some Danish friends who can speak English without sounding like they are dying from choking on fish, I have a few people I know.

If you need Norwegian friends I only know me, cause everyone else are assholes around here.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

KozmoNaut posted:

I don't know how the hell DR's supposed to survive, now that they're hemorrhaging money without its licens sugar daddy, lost X-Factor to TV2 and smothered Kagedysten in the crib.

Can they really keep surviving with Olsen Banden and Huset På Christianshavn reruns for another five decades?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

SplitSoul posted:

I like how that ad makes very sure to step around his actual opinions, such as; immigrants are inherently inferior subhumans who deserve to starve to death, in favor of focusing on how he is being oppressed by his fellow students, and how all he really wants is just a little freedom of speech.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Revelation 2-13 posted:

I like how that ad makes very sure to step around his actual opinions, such as; immigrants are inherently inferior subhumans who deserve to starve to death, in favor of focusing on how he is being oppressed by his fellow students, and how all he really wants is just a little freedom of speech.

It's literally the "You have some growing up to do" Hitler meme in video form, by a public service channel.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Seconding the Vitamin D pills. If you are a goon living in Scandinavia and not in the habit of eating fish you can easily end up with D vitamin deficiency.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Retarded Goatee posted:

Social democracy in decay pairs very well with dark as poo poo winter to create the brooding depression you never knew you wanted.

Om a somewhat lighter note, all this snow makes Stockholm hella pretty
Was gloomy as poo poo until we got a ton of snow yesterday. Turns out pulling a pair of giggling kids to school on a sled is great for the soul.

Speaking of kids, if anyone’s still wondering what the austerity endgame looks like, have a peek:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/dec/17/many-pupils-in-england-hungry-and-badly-clothed-say-teachers

Cruelty is the point.

evil_bunnY fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Dec 17, 2018

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

evil_bunnY posted:

Was gloomy as poo poo until we got a ton of snow yesterday. Turns out pulling a pair of giggling kids to school on a des is great for the soul.

Speaking of kids, if anyone’s still wondering what the austerity endgame looks like, have a peek:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/dec/17/many-pupils-in-england-hungry-and-badly-clothed-say-teachers

Cruelty is the point.

In Norway we used to have something called Oslo frokosten to ensure that every kid got at least one decent metal, but now we can't afford that anymore for some reason

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Before I left Sweden I found that short weekend trips to Spain helped vs the gloomy darkness. A few beers and a round of golf in the sun and I was ready for another 2 months.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Alhazred posted:

In Norway we used to have something called Oslo frokosten to ensure that every kid got at least one decent metal, but now we can't afford that anymore for some reason
Tax breaks for the rich and corporate welfare doesn't pay for itself you know.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I can't find any news on this, but someone in our slack was saying that the new budget raises tax on things like fishing/outdoor guides from 6 to 25% and it is causing a stir in the guide community. Seems like M really really hates the working class if true. I can't really ask at work because I don't like talking politics except with a trusted few who happen to be on vacation already.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
40% less money to Naturvårdsverket is that it?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Zombiepop posted:

40% less money to Naturvårdsverket is that it?

I guess? I messaged a buddy who is an avid fisherman and he confirmed. M really does hate workers. Raising taxes on the working class business owners to cut taxes on the bankers and white collar business owners. I'm paid comically well to sit in an office and dick around on a computer all day.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Alhazred posted:

In Finland we have hot cooked lunches in schools and daycare. I remember actually quite fondly the food from junior grades 1-6, I went to a small rural school and the cook and a helper made the food in the local kitchen. No reheated lovely food from centralized kitchens. I think it's from here my hatred of centralization of people, political power, kitchens, everything, began.

This still varies from place to place, but where I now live it's very good too, my kids daycare has their own kitchen and I am so happy they get to eat several decent meals per day there (main course is lunch and smaller snacks). We are told they eat well and often want second helpings. Meanwhile at home they are the pickiest eaters ever. So thank god they have one place they eat well at.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Never got a free meal once when I went to school in Norway in the 90s and early 00s. Closest we ever got was your parents could you sign up to get a tiny carton of milk for lunch break in elementary school. Otherwise it was always you had to bring your own food or go buy (usually overpriced) food in the cafeteria in junior high and high school (elementary school didn't have a cafeteria).

Some schools nowadays have free lunches as far I understand, but it didn't seem too common. I was also lucky enough to be part of the last year of students in high school who had to buy their own books.

e: Don't know how I mixed up "cunning" and "common"

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 18, 2018

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

I can't find any news on this, but someone in our slack was saying that the new budget raises tax on things like fishing/outdoor guides from 6 to 25% and it is causing a stir in the guide community. Seems like M really really hates the working class if true. I can't really ask at work because I don't like talking politics except with a trusted few who happen to be on vacation already.

Yeah this was a exemption which MP introduced, and since all things done by MP are inherently bad* they scrapped it.

*citation needed

EDIT: It's very similiar to how they cut our summer bus cards, despite the cost being a rounding error on the budget, just to make a point

netcat
Apr 29, 2008

MiddleOne posted:

EDIT: It's very similiar to how they cut our summer bus cards, despite the cost being a rounding error on the budget, just to make a point

Yeah lol. I actually did a double take when they mentioned that in passing on Rapport, it just seems like evil for evils sake at that point.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

MiddleOne posted:

Yeah this was a exemption which MP introduced, and since all things done by MP are inherently bad* they scrapped it.

*citation needed

It seems to me that a lot of the budget is like this. Petty and pointless but a big gently caress you.

My favorite so far is the hatred for solar, that M tried to explain with "every energy source should stand on its own" while lowering taxes on fossile fuel and increasing diesel subsidies for farmers and keeping the E85 subsidies and defunding Naturvårdsverket and :psyboom:

I mean a simple "we don't find it's needed; installations'll pay for itself in 13 years rather than 9" would at least have been an honest opinion.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The budget is a bunch of reforms which serve no other purpose than 'owning the libs' (I mean, how else to even put it because that is what it is) and then there's completely shameless stuff like the tripling of RUT. Ulf and Ebba wanted power, but they have dick-all of an actual goal.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Dec 18, 2018

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Randarkman posted:

Never got a free meal once when I went to school in Norway in the 90s and early 00s. Closest we ever got was your parents could you sign up to get a tiny carton of milk for lunch break in elementary school. Otherwise it was always you had to bring your own food or go buy (usually overpriced) food in the cafeteria in junior high and high school (elementary school didn't have a cafeteria).

Some schools nowadays have free lunches as far I understand, but it didn't seem too cunning. I was also lucky enough to be part of the last year of students in high school who had to buy their own books.

Same, though I remember the microwaved Hold-it thing was a popular affordable lunch item most kids went with in junior high.

And in high school where I went there was a Rema 1000 across the street, so we usually just went there to purchase lunch and sat in the grass and watched the upper classmates beat each other up getting ready for Russ.

Norway is a weird place to grow up.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

netcat posted:

Yeah lol. I actually did a double take when they mentioned that in passing on Rapport, it just seems like evil for evils sake at that point.

M put Kinberg-Batra in charge to specifically exorcise everything about Reinfeldts pretend "worker's party" schtick. Then they exorcised her too and put this ridiculous man who barely exists in charge, to further drive home the point that Old Moderaterna are back. Hopefully they will soon also start being honest what the real point of all these tax cuts are: To put a downward pressure on wages, and by so doing, increase corporate profits. They used to be totally open about this, before Reinfeldts "mer pengar i plånboken". Now they don't really talk about any reasons at all.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Mordaedil posted:

Same, though I remember the microwaved Hold-it thing was a popular affordable lunch item most kids went with in junior high.

And in high school where I went there was a Rema 1000 across the street, so we usually just went there to purchase lunch and sat in the grass and watched the upper classmates beat each other up getting ready for Russ.

Norway is a weird place to grow up.

I've always taken pride in the fact that Finland had free school lunches since 1943. Really helps the poorer people too.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

MiddleOne posted:

The budget is a bunch of reforms which serve no other purpose than 'owning the libs' (I mean, how else to even put it because that is what it is) and then there's completely shameless stuff like the tripling of RUT. Ulf and Ebba wanted power, but they have dick-all of an actual goal.

Their goal is to make the rich richer at the expense of everybody else. Absolutely no surprise there.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

https://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=83&artikel=7117323

Jesus loving christ is there a single loving person outside of politics that cares as much about anything as C cares about tearing down LAS. My god.

I guess not.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Jesus, all those party logos look like they came out of some computer game's interface.

Mr. Sunshine
May 15, 2008

This is a scrunt that has been in space too long and become a Lunt (Long Scrunt)

Fun Shoe
They're not that bad in reality - whoever did that graph decided to make them all solid white inside a coloured circle. This is what they actually look like.

e: note how the logo for M actually says "New M". That's the shtick they started with under Reinfeldt - they were the New Moderates, the "new worker's party" etc etc. Watch them drop that "New" from the logo in the next few years, once they give up any pretense of caring about the common peasants.

Mr. Sunshine fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 19, 2018

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy
Also note that the top right one (Social democrats) says "dj" for some reason.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Potrzebie posted:

Also note that the top right one (Social democrats) says "dj" for some reason.

Top left, that is

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.
Would really suck to see S back at like 34% only for MP to drop from parliament due to what they did in Stockholm.

Glad to see C bleed some, Annie is hubris incarnate at this rate.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Would really suck to see S back at like 34% only for MP to drop from parliament due to what they did in Stockholm.

Even with MP dropping out entirely the left-wing is still larger with the current polling, and that's assuming L survives.

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Beeswax posted:

Top left, that is

What a silly thing for me to mix up. :brainworms: I guess.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Postorder Trollet89 posted:

Wait, what did they do in Stockholm? Is this the partnership with M in City Hall?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Dirk Pitt posted:

Wait, what did they do in Stockholm? Is this the partnership with M in City Hall?

Yes. It's easy to forget but Stockholm municipality has a population of almost a million and it (along with Solna and Sundbyberg) makes up the core of MPs national voters.

EDIT: Norlen just announced a deadline for the prime minister rounds. The 4th vote will be on the 23rd of January.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Dec 19, 2018