Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Finished Camelot. One of you had a handy Okita for support, though, and she put in a lot effort, so thank you. She's a great... let my check my notes... Edo-period terminally ill samurai captain? Anyway, very handy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

Omobono posted:

Does the upcoming end-game singularity drop quartz? By my count I'll sit at about 127 quartz when Musashi's banner will roll in, I'm hoping I can scrounge up to 150.

(All interludes done, bonding up in progress, daily and master missions already included)

The only things you get from Solomon are 7 summon tickets and a Grail. So that's technically 21 quartz.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Dawgstar posted:

She's a great... let my check my notes... Edo-period terminally ill samurai captain? Anyway, very handy.

Government Death Squad captain.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Government Death Squad captain.

Tuberculosis Wizard.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

So I just got to the part of Babylon where you Understand Quetz, about how much more do I have to go? I'm really hoping that I can finish with enough time to grind some servants up to max before Solomon.

You've got a while to go still. Also, the fights get a lot harder. The late-Babylon enemies are a pain in the rear end, zillions of HP and annoying special abilities everywhere. I've been burning Command Spells as fast as I get them for days.

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
The best thing about the enemies in the tail end of Babylon is when you try to taunt and then the just remove the taunt buff from that character.

And by best, I mean the worst.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

HiKaizer posted:

The best thing about the enemies in the tail end of Babylon is when you try to taunt and then the just remove the taunt buff from that character.

God, I hated that loving skill. They'd always target my Lancelot and remove all his delicious buffs, and a Saberlot without his skills running is a sad, sad man.

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Since Ruler Martha is now on the rate-up I rolled to see if I could get her. Got the 5 star Event CE, another Formalcraft and Chiron.
This is pretty good! I can have a full horse-man team now!

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That was Halloween wasn't it?
Ah yeah, my mistake.

Lord Tpasta
Jan 25, 2010

DENIED!
Just in time for Solomon.

Just need to NP5 her and she will be complete.

HiKaizer posted:

I had easier time with the bosses then I did with those [REDACTED], with the notable exception of the mud-splattering dogs. In fact, I felt that the hardest bosses were at the beginning of the story and easier at the halfway point.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Lord Tpasta posted:

I had easier time with the bosses then I did with those [REDACTED], with the notable exception of the mud-splattering dogs. In fact, I felt that the hardest bosses were at the beginning of the story and easier at the halfway point.

Same here. I had to retry a few times due to the RNG dogpiling on my front line. But whenever it was a single boss enemy, it was much easier to manage. I guess my team comps favor burst damage over endurance. I will say, I did use one command spell because of a particular enemy and their cloning ability. I had to fight more than necessary and I was happy to burn a spell just to be over with it. Other than that, the whole campaign was pretty fun for the different battle conditions.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
cleo has earnt some grails from how much she sparkles, well done cleo on being the MVP of babylon

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

Lord Tpasta posted:

Just in time for Solomon.

Just need to NP5 her and she will be complete.

Ngl, that kind of "dedication" to a specific servant which is not S+ tier broken is always nice to see.

Hope you roll the remaining Np ones.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
After Babylon, I'm torn as to whether I want to use my five grails to bump Mata Hari or Kuro to 100. I've been saving my grails for Mata Hari, but I'll be damned if Kuro hasn't been an absolute champ.

Clawtopsy posted:

cleo has earnt some grails from how much she sparkles, well done cleo on being the MVP of babylon
I don't have a Cleo, but Summer Scathach worked pretty well for most of the rider mobs. I didn't expect her to be quite that useful tbh.

I also probably used your Cleo more than once if you're on my FL.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Dec 17, 2018

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Summer Scath is still useful two years later, though that's more a comment on how rare hardhitting AoE assassins are, especially with quick NPs.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RanKizama posted:

After Babylon, I'm torn as to whether I want to use my five grails to bump Mata Hari or Kuro to 100. I've been saving my grails for Mata Hari, but I'll be damned if Kuro hasn't been an absolute champ.

Now that Jalter is fully Grailed, I've decided that Medea is a very good friend who has earned some Grailing.
Not sure how far though. At least to 80, she's earned a Gold Border at the very least.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Got my login ticket and was going to save it for the Merlin stash, but got that nagging feeling that I should use it... and sure enough, I got me an angry danger noodle!

Was going to max ascend her and get her skills to lvl 6, but oh oops, she needs a buttload of stingers and gallstones so um... we'll get back to this nope rope after Solomon.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Woot, got Rintar to 10/10/10 skills. Ment to do that back during the Christmas lotto, but work prevented me from clearing the ten extra lotto boxes I needed for Archer Gems.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why are there so much goddamn dragons in babylonia

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

why are there so much goddamn dragons in babylonia

that was just life back then

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CWsaeirsiQHCLf2OJ15kbZSvFlRRdUl5czWXBzSebyg

This is a bit wonky to use, but it is a damage calculator that you can use to help determine a setup to kill the pillars. For example this is what my Jalter strategy will approximately be:

Which relies on either a support Waver or Merlin, Martha with the JTTW Ox-King CE that I both clear the starting debuff and DEF down debuff the pillar and then swap out for a Golden Carped Merlin/Waver, and hopefully some crits on the two face cards.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
All that being said I'm not sure NA's vastly smaller playerbase would necessitate minmaxing 1 turn strats. But eh, why not.

PerOlus
Jan 26, 2003

We'r even, señor!
Finished Solomon (JP) yay. My only max bond servant is Heracles, and I was lucky with that. He got to work hard at the end.
Oh boy there are a lot of things to do now. All of part 1.5 and start of 2 just sitting there waiting.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I really like Caster Gil as the J. Jonah Jameson of the... well, known world, I guess.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
With my bond 10 waver with his bond CE and my bond 9 Np2 kintoki with a nonmaxed black grail, I’m hoping I can one shot. Everyone’s talking about how fast they’ll melt.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The last farmable Heart was Da Vinci, and the next one isn't until you beat Shinjuku.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Pureauthor posted:

All that being said I'm not sure NA's vastly smaller playerbase would necessitate minmaxing 1 turn strats. But eh, why not.

I am willing to bet quartz that Barbatos will not last past 5 hours.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Babylonia spoilers: I hope whoever designed the Lahmu mechanics got fired for that horseshit

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

King Gil seems jealous that he sends anime protagonists to do things and anime keeps happening to them.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Nate RFB posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CWsaeirsiQHCLf2OJ15kbZSvFlRRdUl5czWXBzSebyg

This is a bit wonky to use, but it is a damage calculator that you can use to help determine a setup to kill the pillars. For example this is what my Jalter strategy will approximately be:

Thanks for this, it's good to have a pile of numbers confirming that with Martha and a single Waver for support the Herc/Ilya tag team should be one-turning Barbatos by a comfortable margin.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Dawgstar posted:

King Gil seems jealous that he sends anime protagonists to do things and anime keeps happening to them.

Yup. He wants to go and have anime happening to him too, but he's too busy governing.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

Babylonia spoilers: I hope whoever designed the Lahmu mechanics got fired for that horseshit
I mean, aside from the fight with thirteen of them I don't recall them being particularly obnoxious? Not sure what you're complaining about here.

earthquakes can gently caress off tho

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Omobono posted:

Yup. He wants to go and have anime happening to him too, but he's too busy governing.

He was star of the world's oldest known Shonen series, afterall. :v:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Elephant Parade posted:

I mean, aside from the fight with thirteen of them I don't recall them being particularly obnoxious? Not sure what you're complaining about here.

They're spooky and creepy and I need an adult when I see one

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Honestly the remove buffs thing is loving infuriating

I got mad as hell when one of them removed Cu Alter's guts and the chaos tide killed him right before I won

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I think the Lahmu didn't bother me much because I have no shortage of sabers and lancers to act as exterminators

I'm hosed if there's any of the upcoming content is particularly Caster or Assassin heavy though

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Lahmus taught me that Rama is a good, strong boy. I really need stronger Lancers than Liz and Santa Lily, though.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the fight with king hassan support seems like it'd be a big pain if you missed shiki. Nobody aside from her and KH triggered their IKs

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Elephant Parade posted:

fighting multiple enemies at once, each of which has six-digit HP and uses full buff removal skills fairly often, sucks

long fights where you can't count on your defensive skills can be pretty painful, especially depending on what Servants you happen to have around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Hassan/JAlter/Waver seemed to be invincible and made good enough work of these annoyances.