Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Anidav posted:

I'm not a, shill. I'm just a guy who used to work for a polling company then went to work in the darkest bowels of political opinions and also became moderator of this thread so any shred of light in this dark landscape is what I crave endlessly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

the only appropriate candidate for mallee is a malleefowl

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy poo poo :laffo:

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

"how will your policies ensure a stable future for the mallee region, not just in the short term but over the long haul?"

"*builds a huge mound of rotting vegetation, lays an egg in it and disappears into the night*"

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

avshalemon posted:

"how will your policies ensure a stable future for the mallee region, not just in the short term but over the long haul?"

"*builds a huge mound of rotting vegetation, lays an egg in it and disappears into the night*"

I’m sold

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

avshalemon posted:

"*builds a huge mound of rotting vegetation, lays an egg in it and disappears into the right*"

ftfy

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Politicians should be chemically castrated for their term in parliament

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Anidav posted:

Jesus christ.

See, this stuff right here is why I'm so hungry for a change of government so all these fuckos get a big cream pie thrown at the face like the clowns they are.

All this idiocy is doing is ensuring that the empire dies with Murdoch's generation. Nobody born after 1960 is going to drink this poo poo up unless they were already brain damaged, and that's not a demographic I would aim to capture.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Modern medical science has unintentionally betrayed the youth by keeping these relics alive far past their use by date.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Only olds read the newspaper so it makes sense that only olds would write in them

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

hiddenmovement posted:

Only olds read the newspaper so it makes sense that only olds would write in them

18 going on 68

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =

Where’s that video of hockey spinning something and the washing machine tearing itself apart

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
This country is the silliest evil thing oh my god
https://twitter.com/nadinevoncohen/status/1074518530626711553

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

Don Dongington posted:

18 going on 68

The people from Get Out couldn't find a strong black guy so they settled for that kid instead

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Kevin Rudd interrupting his concession speech to acknowledge receipt of ALP life membership

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I remember during happier times when a PM would get rolled and say "gotta zip" at the end of his speech

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Anidav posted:

Well I mean the last time the ALP told a group of rich psychopaths to gently caress off was the Mining Tax and that ended poorly so they might as well attempt to use public policy to direct the boomer psychopaths to build low income housing.
We prefer "other insensitive" FYI going forward.

Anidav posted:

Lol can't even commit to a human rights charter.
Can't even do a human right's charter flight.

bell jar posted:

first one, then the other
No It goes: Seat, Staffer, :auspol:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/science/2018-12-18/food-carbon-rating-system-could-help-reduce-diet-impact/10621786

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

quote:

Conference just passed this amendment:

“Labor will ... deliver fairer and timely access to dental care by taking steps towards the establishment of universal dental care, beginning with the expansion of the provision of dental care to the most vulnerable in our community and also focus on prevention of oral diseases.”

ALP...good?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Labor will do their usual mix of policy that is middling through to decent for Australians and not decent for non-Australians as is the mandate of a country's government.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

quote:

ACT chief minister Andrew Barr has successfully moved an amendment to cut the wait period for men who have sex with men to donate blood.

The platform now states:

“Labor acknowledges that the Australian Red Cross Blood Service has previously recommended that the current 12 month deferral period for men who have sex with men is excessive and beyond what is required to maintain a safe blood supply, and notes that the Blood Service is currently reviewing the deferrals policy again. Labor will act urgently on any advice from the Blood Service and the Therapeutic Goods Administration to reduce the deferral period for men who have sex with men. This will increase blood supply and reduce the inequality and social harm caused by this discriminatory policy.”

Barr described the change as “highly symbolic” and “practical” because it will “increase the blood supply and decrease the exclusion” of men who have sex with men. The Red Cross currently relies on blood donated by just 3% of the population, causing local shortages.
Barr said men who have sex with men who want to donate to save others’ lives “are not a threat to Australia’s blood supply and it’s the time rules changed to acknowledge this”.

ALP.....not bad??

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

bell jar posted:

ALP...good?

About loving time. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together has been wondering why the politicians haven't done this yet. The answer of course being, they themselves don't have two brain cells as a group.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/James_Jeffrey/status/1074525918947733504

https://twitter.com/primroseriordan/status/1074824179415887873

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

Konomex posted:

About loving time. Anyone with two brain cells to rub together has been wondering why the politicians haven't done this yet. The answer of course being, they themselves don't have two brain cells as a group.

Yeah, definitely. I can remember bringing it up specifically as a progressive policy that Shorten should embrace

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

No, Mr Broad you’re expected to die.

clusterfuck fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 18, 2018

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is there something in this that allows recipients to opt out of receiving a gay man's blood transfusions?

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

Is there something in this that allows recipients to opt out of receiving a gay man's blood transfusions?

yeah you just write on the form "no G+ please"

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
ALP left and right just passed a motion to recognise Palestine.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Anidav posted:

cool

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

PM was kept in dark over MP’s ‘sugar daddy’ scandal

Prime Minister Scott Morrison was blindsided by the sex scandal engulfing the assistant minister to the Deputy Prime Minister and only learned of the police investigation from reading New Idea magazine, it can be revealed.

The tale of the married junior minister, his alleged use of a “sugar daddy” website to meet a woman 20 years his junior in Hong Kong and the police investigation that followed, prompted Victorian MP Andrew Broad to quit the frontbench on Monday.

The New Daily can reveal that Mr Broad embarked on his fateful and inauspicious trip to Hong Kong to meet up with the woman within days of being appointed to the ministry in August. He texted the woman, who was known by an alias, to inform him of his “big promotion”.

Mr Broad has told colleagues his promotion, which followed the leadership coup, was “unexpected” and he decided to keep his appointment in Hong Kong to visit trade show, Asian Fruit Logistica.

The revelation confirms that Mr Broad travelled to Hong Kong as a minister on electorate business but paid for the international travel and accomodation privately before meeting the woman.

“I paid for it. I paid for it all myself,” Mr Broad told The New Daily.

“I’ve never been one to put myself on a moral high ground. I am full of mistakes like anyone else.”

It was during the trip, which Mr Broad insisted was funded privately, that he decided to mix business with pleasure and meet up with the woman he had met through the “sugar baby” website.

The New Daily understands that the MP says the woman subsequently asked for $8000 in cash from Mr Broad, with whom she did not have sexual relations. He declined her request.

The Australian Federal Police said last night it had investigated the matter in November and failed to find any offence under Australian law.

The Victorian MP said the fallout was a private matter between himself and his wife, and he would not discuss it publicly.

“Government is imperfect people governing imperfect people,” he told The New Daily.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/national/2018/12/17/prime-minister-andrew-broad-scandal/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Anidav posted:

Good but I'd be happier if it wasn't so obviously a reaction to the LNP.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Andrew Broad: “I’ve never been one to put myself on a moral high ground.”

Also Andrew Broad: "I think a bicycle is not a tricycle, and relationships can have different names," he said. "I can put the rams in a paddock and they might mount one another, but no lambs will come out."

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Knobb Manwich posted:

Andrew Broad: "I can put the rams in a paddock and they might mount one another, but no lambs will come out."

"I HAVE DONE EXTENSIVE STUDIES IN THIS AREA."

Dire Lemming
Jan 19, 2016
If you don't coddle Nazis flat Earthers then you're literally as bad as them.

Knobb Manwich posted:

Andrew Broad: “I’ve never been one to put myself on a moral high ground.”

Also Andrew Broad: "I think a bicycle is not a tricycle, and relationships can have different names," he said. "I can put the rams in a paddock and they might mount one another, but no lambs will come out."

This is also what he said to his wife about Hong Kong.

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

nsw labor got raided by icac again lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

pretty sure they still don't take gay blood

edit: just gay men.

https://www.donateblood.com.au/lgbtqi-donors

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

the banner ad with the quivering bumcheeks making GBS threads out gold coins gets me very excited in a sexual way

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

hambeet posted:

pretty sure they still don't take gay blood

edit: just gay men.

https://www.donateblood.com.au/lgbtqi-donors

Asexual donors
There are no additional eligibility requirements for asexual donors.

lmao

Endman
May 18, 2010

avshalemon posted:

the banner ad with the quivering bumcheeks making GBS threads out gold coins gets me very excited in a sexual way

Please continue

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

im alan jones posted:

nsw labor got raided by icac again lol

After Obeid, you would think if anyone thought of being corrupt they would be well advised to get the gently caress away from politics.

But NSW. And greed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

Asexual donors
There are no additional eligibility requirements for asexual donors.

lmao

I don’t want no goddamned incel blood