Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

One of the later episodes, to my shame I can't at all recall which, he is talking to Peggy and brings up an old woman who got too old to care for her lawn, and he brags something like "who forced her to move? Me."

Early Hank would have taken care of her lawn for nothing more than the pure joy of lawn care, and at least a little for the Eagle Scout in him, but late Hank really was a WASP piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

e.pilot posted:

The more I watch these episodes the more I start to feel Hank is just not a good person.

I think he's an overall decent guy but he's such a stick in the mud.

^^^ I wouldn't be too generous with early Hank either though I can't remember off hand anything that bad

Milo and POTUS fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 18, 2018

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

I don't think any of the characters in KotH are supposed to be perspective characters, they are close enough to real people that the characters are just that, characters. You need a perspective character when you are in space or talking with elves, the reader / viewer needs to be able to relate to something. In KotH that something is the setting.

You probably know people just like at least one of the characters, hell you might find yourself in one of them.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I feel for Kahn, a high strung jackass who is entirely surrounded by Gribbles and Dautrieves and cannot escape his own incredible dickishness and slavish devotion to Ted Wasanasong.

naem
May 29, 2011

hank being a flawed person gives you the viewer to like or not like his beliefs or behaviors.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer
eee i saw it!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

pixaal posted:

I don't think any of the characters in KotH are supposed to be perspective characters, they are close enough to real people that the characters are just that, characters. You need a perspective character when you are in space or talking with elves, the reader / viewer needs to be able to relate to something. In KotH that something is the setting.

You probably know people just like at least one of the characters, hell you might find yourself in one of them.

Hell, back when KOTH first came out, the cul de sac I lived on had a Hank, a Bill, and a Dale. The only thing missing was a Boomhauer.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’ve always heard that how people react to Peggy depends on if that person knows someone like her in their life.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Defenestration posted:

eee i saw it!

I think I was too busy being drawn to Dale's Dead Bug and missed the storefront when I saw it

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

bobjr posted:

I’ve always heard that how people react to Peggy depends on if that person knows someone like her in their life.

i was raised by a peggy in north texas she makes my teeth hurt shes so perfect

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
in the man who shot cane skretterberg, everyone else changes into new clothes the next day but bill is still wearing his paint-stained wifebeater

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

and he mowed
the last one
down

hiding
behind
the snack stand

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Which episode has them arguing over whether hank is hot and at the end they all agree he is to humor peggy?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

Milo and POTUS posted:

Which episode has them arguing over whether hank is hot and at the end they all agree he is to humor peggy?

S7E1, Get Your Freak Off.

Hey, that's Todd!

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Marin Karin posted:

S7E1, Get Your Freak Off.

Hey, that's Todd!

"Way to go Ronald Reagan."

"Don't call me that."

"Yeah, don't call him that."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MightyJoe36 posted:

Hell, back when KOTH first came out, the cul de sac I lived on had a Hank, a Bill, and a Dale. The only thing missing was a Boomhauer.

Boomhauer is a work of fantasy, you can't find someone that perfect in real life.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

super sweet best pal posted:

Boomhauer is a work of fantasy, you can't find someone that perfect in real life.

Well I did know a dude who drove a classic car and had a lot of women but he never drank beer in the cul de sac with us.

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Hill

Put glasses on him and you have Hank. Coincidence?

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Smiling Mandrill posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Hill

Put glasses on him and you have Hank. Coincidence?

And he even played golf.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

sirs

since ive taken over your routes, I've seen things I've never seen before

the sun rise

morning dew

snails on sidewalks

these are things that I never want to see again, please come back.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the pride dale takes in the work (before loving it up) is adorable

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008

food court bailiff posted:

sirs

since ive taken over your routes, I've seen things I've never seen before

the sun rise

morning dew

snails on sidewalks

these are things that I never want to see again, please come back.

What episode is this from?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

What episode is this from?

Bystand Me. Season 10 Episode 2

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Peggy publishing the recipe for mustard gas is the most peggy hill thing in the entire show I feel

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

In the ben stiller episode they're eating cake and they're talking about the new guy at the start and peggy says something like, "13 years later, lady bird still has it out for bobby" and hank shuts her up. I keep looking at it and I don't get it unless I'm remembering wrong the lore, so to speak

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

e.pilot posted:

The more I watch these episodes the more I start to feel Hank is just not a good person.

It depends on the episode. In “Pretty Pretty Dresses” Hank is a saint in going to extremes to help Bill, to the point of using up his vacation time and wearing a dress in front of his coworkers. Then in “Death Buys a Timeshare” he casually lets Bill take beatings from resort security.

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I think the canon is a little loose around Peggy's past. There was some retconning later on.

To have the Arlen football team make sense, they got to State with an all run offense where Hank constantly got to the one yard line and then Billdozer got the TD.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Hyrax Attack! posted:

To have the Arlen football team make sense, they got to State with an all run offense where Hank constantly got to the one yard line and then Billdozer got the TD.

actually you will find that this is very symbolic and in character for hank hill

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

In the ben stiller episode they're eating cake and they're talking about the new guy at the start and peggy says something like, "13 years later, lady bird still has it out for bobby" and hank shuts her up. I keep looking at it and I don't get it unless I'm remembering wrong the lore, so to speak

I posted a video of that many many pages back but I can't be bothered to find it.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Well I don't know why hank shuts her up. I think they got ladybird before bobby was conceived?

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
I just thought it meant Ladybird was jealous when she was a puppy because the new baby was taking away all her attention and she still has a grudge on Bobby

I don't think they elaborate on it besides that one line.

Yeah they got Ladybird before Bobby was conceived/ Playing with the puppy relaxed Hank and his glands enough that he could finally impregnate Peggy

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

It turns out it's really easy to find your old posts.

It's just a single throwaway joke and it's great

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

haljordan posted:

Gilbert is still the best non-lead character.

"How long have you been sitting there?"

"35 years..."

he's great - that 35 years line always get me

quote:

So, Gilbert, how do the Saints look this year?

Oh, I am more familiar with sinners than saints, my dear. And sinners always look good.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I'm partial to Emily the Hall Monitor, but it's amazing how every single thing Hank says to Gilbert gets turned into a super-gay observation that makes Hank uncomfortable:

"So, Gilbert, how do the Saints look this year?"
"I'm more into Sinners than Saints, and Sinners always look good"

quote:

Gilbert Dauterive : Golden Richards was a Dallas Cowboy.

Hank Hill : Yeah, yeah! He caught a touchdown pass in Super Bowl XII.

Gilbert Dauterive : He was a beautiful man. I knew him... briefly.

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jan 2, 2019

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
He appears in two episodes. In one, he is amazing. Everything he does is perfection.

In the next, he is beyond terrible. He has no funny lines and actively destroys Bill's chance to spread happiness and gain prosperity.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Master Twig posted:

In the next, he is beyond terrible. He has no funny lines and actively destroys Bill's chance to spread happiness and gain prosperity.

The perfume of a bayou flower can only turn more foul as it wilts.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
"Luanne, he had a mental breakdown and is now sausage. He has not gone to a better place." Is now my 10 year old daughters favorite KOTH line. Forgot how dark that got.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

at least he was sane (by sitcom standards) just before being mashed into food paste.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Judge surprisingly supportive of ECT and the mental health field in general it seems

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
You used to be on my list of trustables. Was a really short list. I wasn't even on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Master Twig posted:

He appears in two episodes. In one, he is amazing. Everything he does is perfection.

A perfect encapsulation of Bill's life as a whole.