Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Finished crafting both Nezha and Falcor (with Astral Twilight) and holy poo poo this is a fun combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Any weapon you're actually going to use for purposes beyond grinding MR needs a Catalyst
ok i wasnt sure about that.

Kyrosiris posted:

You'll get more potatoes, also Hek is really long-term as-is. :v:
yeah when i was looking at all those rank 9+ guns thinking "drat im never going to want to touch this hek again" i was probably underestimating how long its going to take to get there. also probably highly overvaluing a single potato.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?
i'm doing the chains of harrow quest and i'm having a hard time damaging his manifestations. my loadout is sadly crap all things considered

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

super sweet best pal posted:

I was going to do an effortpost about how the battacor is pretty good but I'll just say it's neat and I like the mini-opticor charge feature and the high crit rate.

I've got a riven waiting for whenever I get around to building it. Is there a decent build figured out yet?

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Awesome! posted:

ok i wasnt sure about that.

yeah when i was looking at all those rank 9+ guns thinking "drat im never going to want to touch this hek again" i was probably underestimating how long its going to take to get there. also probably highly overvaluing a single potato.

What's your in game name? The game keeps throwing really good Rivens at me to sell so I'm space rich at the moment (not Tallgeese rich, but enough).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

AwesomeSA

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Kyrosiris posted:

The big issue with Garuda is that you need tier 4 Solaris United rep for the BP for one of the gemstones.

Granted on the flip side most goons will be glad to fork over three of them if you ask, so.

Wait what, you can trade gems? This game is super weird about that you can and can't trade.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Drakgoon and Hydroid are both cool and I wish they were both better

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zero VGS posted:

Wait what, you can trade gems? This game is super weird about that you can and can't trade.

Cut gems only.
Not minerals.
Whole fish, but not fish parts.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

I wish the gun was better, or there was a better version of the gun available, because that mod is cool as hell. 7.5% crit and 10% status just drag that gun down too much.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

I was going to do an effortpost about how the battacor is pretty good but I'll just say it's neat and I like the mini-opticor charge feature and the high crit rate.

Here is the effortpost: This gun requires a minimum 6-forma investment. It really, really shines in full-corpro environments. Kill 3 dudes and then warcrime your way into the annals of history with the altfire. Battacor is a good and fun weapon with only one downside: it isn't hitscan, which is fixed by playing Jetstream Zephyr.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

And Tyler Too! posted:

full-corpro environments.

And how often do you see those?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anytime you're fighting very high level grineer, i.e. sorties, ESO, arbs.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

what is corpro i see you guys say it all the time

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

When you start facing enemies and they have yellow health bars and you shoot them and you do 1/100th of their health bar in damage, thats when you worry about using Corrosive Projection. Til then, we dance.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Corrosive Projection is a very useful Aura mod for Warframes that makes enemies have 30% less Armor. At high levels Armor makes Grineer very hard to kill. A full team of 4 Warframes using Corrosive Project ('CorPro') will completely remove their armor and make them very easy to murder with knives.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Then you're a very lucky man.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Finished crafting both Nezha and Falcor (with Astral Twilight) and holy poo poo this is a fun combo

I have a Falcor cooking and hope it may outshine Glaive P.
It's unlikely but I love thrown weapons and need something new.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

And how often do you see those?

All the time because I play exclusively with goons and avoid contact with all pubbies.

Inzombiac posted:

I have a Falcor cooking and hope it may outshine Glaive P.

It will.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

All righty everyone, I am wrapping up the giveaway. I'm feeling generous so there are actually three winners: Etripz, Crescendoll99, and hngkong! Check your inboxes for goodies (except Etripz whom I will trade stuff to). Happy Tennobaum!

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Synthbuttrange posted:

*with goons

Pubs probably aren't going to bring it, so loadout adjustments should be made to account for who you're playing with.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

More tempting than it should be to make this a permanent dye job and rename them Prisma Twin Swinglines. :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

You could have separate loadouts for all your weapons depending on whether or not you're going to be in a 4-corpro group or not oooooor you could just mod all your weapons with either corrosive or viral+slash instead.
If you're in a pub group then you'd be thankful for that corrosive and if you're in a goon group then you're already going to be doing 9 times more damage by default so why care about the "suboptimal" element? :shrug:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thank you for the forma, mirarant! my steel meridian overlords will be pleased.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Fruity20 posted:

i'm doing the chains of harrow quest and i'm having a hard time damaging his manifestations. my loadout is sadly crap all things considered

I was just doing this last night. Make sure they're caught in the siphon trap first (the wiggly beam) otherwise you'll largely be fighting shadows.

Really enjoyed how creepy this quest was, though the long, long runs to extraction after completing objectives seemed really unnecessary. Also, that last fight in spoiler mode was kinda bullshit, especially as pretty much basic spoiler with more amp.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Kyrosiris posted:

More tempting than it should be to make this a permanent dye job and rename them Prisma Twin Swinglines. :v:

How are those anyway? I can't seem to decide on a sidearm, but I'm only M7 and honestly haven't tried that many.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
I was told to post my Valkyr when I finished customizing :)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Magus42 posted:

I was told to post my Valkyr when I finished customizing :)

:thumbsup:

I really need to get that bloodspatter camo pattern or whatever it is.

e: oh it's bundle-exclusive, so much for that idea

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

:thumbsup:

I really need to get that bloodspatter camo pattern or whatever it is.

e: oh it's bundle-exclusive, so much for that idea

It will be available as an event reward at a later date, they said.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

All righty everyone, I am wrapping up the giveaway. I'm feeling generous so there are actually three winners: Etripz, Crescendoll99, and hngkong! Check your inboxes for goodies (except Etripz whom I will trade stuff to). Happy Tennobaum!

Thank you very much!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
I drafted up a little overview diagram for myself because even after 250 hours i still kinda hate the in-game frame/loadout management, and i gotta say i'm pretty happy with my gaudy collection of silly space butterflys

w e a l l f l o a t d o w n h e r e
i need to buy a second animation set at some point

Propaganda Hour posted:

How are those anyway? I can't seem to decide on a sidearm, but I'm only M7 and honestly haven't tried that many.
I haven't potato'd or sunk a forma or 12 into it yet, but they require me to aim, which is a huge bummer from me after coming from Atomos/Staticor. I got a Riven for them at least, so maybe if i max that they'll close the gap.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Dec 18, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Finally caught up with the main thread after keeping away for Fortuna spoilers.

Fortuna is :coal:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

RoadCrewWorker posted:

i need to buy a second animation set at some point

Octavia Noble works with everyone, always funny to see someone unswole one handing an Arca Plasmor and twirling around

Mesa Noble is amazing with any frame with two pistols equipped

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

RoadCrewWorker posted:

I drafted up a little overview diagram for myself because even after 250 hours i still kinda hate the in-game frame/loadout management, and i gotta say i'm pretty happy with my gaudy collection of silly space butterflys

I see you're undecided on the Prisma Twin Grems and Kphm.

The Twin Gremlins are literally nailguns. They can pin enemy corpses to the wall. Decorate the place with the bodies of your enemies!

The Kohm is an autofiring shotgun that shoots faster and faster til it gets to full speed, determined by your fire rate. It'll keep firing til it runs out of ammo. This is awesome.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
To be clear those are all weapons i have maxed already, "undecided" just means i'm not sure i've found the right situation or mod setup for them yet (and am not convinced enough to put a potato in them), or that they just haven't "clicked" with me or my playstyle yet. Also that tier stuff is obviously a very loose, entirely personal joke anyway, same as the "fun/effective/undecided" markers for the frames.

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Dec 18, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The Kohm also has a secondary variant in the Kohmak and Twin Kohmak.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Your incredibly organised approach to weapons and frames makes me anxious.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

To be clear those are all weapons i have maxed already, "undecided" just means i'm not sure i've found the right situation or mod setup for them yet (and am not convinced enough to put a potato in them), or that they just haven't "clicked" with me or my playstyle yet. Also that tier stuff is obviously an entirely personal joke anyway, same as the "fun/effective/undecided" markers for the frames.

Any weapon can be made usable with enough forma and the right mods so it comes down to how it feels to play.

Of the frames you haven't leveled, Titania is a lot of fun and her pixie guns can wreck poo poo, she's good for treasure hunts too. Limbo is the god of trivializing just about anything and really annoying pubs. Banshee is queen of low level defense.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Cheers for the pointers, i'll keep them in mind when i dedicate some time to actually learning my way around all these new toys.

alphabettitouretti posted:

Your incredibly organised approach to weapons and frames makes me anxious.
Saying that there's a lot of stuff in this game and that it has occasional presentation shortcomings would be a ridiculous understatement. And since i haven't even played for 2 months i wasn't around when all of it rolled out one by one, so it's just a way of keeping things only barely overwhelming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

:siren: FORTUNA 2 TODAY :siren:
https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/1075013659431178241