Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Phoenix Taichou posted:

Anybody here have any Rim modding experience or similar? Getting some original RimGoon mods up would be interesting.

I've messed with some simple C# work, including fixing some egregious bugs in mods that have long development cycles (Nature's Pretty Sweet had a nasty wetness bug that I sorted out). I still plan on doing an Endless Space mod to add Vaulters, Vodyani, Sophons, and Cravers at some point. But I am notoriously lazy and unmotivated when it comes to coding, so it'll probably never happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Phoenix Taichou posted:

Anybody here have any Rim modding experience or similar? Getting some original RimGoon mods up would be interesting.

i might jump in and try updating some of these B18 mods, from what i can tell they shouldn't be too terribly hard to update to 1.0...

considering the amount of tiny mods people consider "essential", and how much time adding even a single mod adds to loading, i feel like it would be worthwhile to possibly consolidate a shitload of those "tiny changes" mods into one supermod, maybe? could set togglability of each one, maybe add soime more granularity to ones that need it. could go a long way to reducing peoples' mod lists.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I miss dropships/reusable self launching pods so deeply :smith: my vampire jedi keeps launching out to eat the souls of other ancient vampires, but then she has to walk back like a chump.

Anyone who uses the Android Tiers mod or whatever, one of the techs says it will let you reprogram your androids to have less lovely traits, how exactly do you do that? I really want to get this intolerant trait off the T5 dude I rescued

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Intolerant is a hardcoded trait for them, they're supposed to have it. It's yo do with their lore gimmick of being so convinced of their superiority that they cannot can barely stand the lessors around them.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Yeah but it sucks rear end and the tech implied I could change that :smith: Maybe I can only reprogram lesser tiers, but I dont know if it's a surgery bill or something else

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Danaru posted:

I miss dropships/reusable self launching pods so deeply :smith: my vampire jedi keeps launching out to eat the souls of other ancient vampires, but then she has to walk back like a chump.

Just send enough steel, components and chemfuel to the map that they're in and have them construct a return pod.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Or give em a horse to ride around on.

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
Will inactive mods in my list contribute to the loading time?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
No.

Phoenix Taichou
Jun 23, 2010

"Movie reference."

Warmachine posted:

I've messed with some simple C# work, including fixing some egregious bugs in mods that have long development cycles (Nature's Pretty Sweet had a nasty wetness bug that I sorted out). I still plan on doing an Endless Space mod to add Vaulters, Vodyani, Sophons, and Cravers at some point. But I am notoriously lazy and unmotivated when it comes to coding, so it'll probably never happen.

Syndlig posted:

i might jump in and try updating some of these B18 mods, from what i can tell they shouldn't be too terribly hard to update to 1.0...

considering the amount of tiny mods people consider "essential", and how much time adding even a single mod adds to loading, i feel like it would be worthwhile to possibly consolidate a shitload of those "tiny changes" mods into one supermod, maybe? could set togglability of each one, maybe add soime more granularity to ones that need it. could go a long way to reducing peoples' mod lists.

I think it'd be pretty cool to revive some that have been given up. Are there any other derelict mods that used to be good? Good Mod Squad activate! If I had coding experience I could throw my glove in or whatever they say, but all I've got is ideas

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

Are there mods to assist in storing large quantities of items? I really don't like having warehouses with floors covered in shirts or whatever.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Priapus Unbound posted:

Are there mods to assist in storing large quantities of items? I really don't like having warehouses with floors covered in shirts or whatever.

Extended Storage is what you want. There's a couple mods that just flat increase stack sizes, but this one feels a lot more balanced and let's you make a REAL warehouse :v: pallets and all

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Priapus Unbound posted:

there's several, but the one i've found to work the most consistently is OgreStack. it lets you customize the maximum stack size for various object types (not rock chunks though), and doesn't require you building weird buggy objects everywhere.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Priapus Unbound posted:

I'll second Extended Storage. I haven't had any problems with it and it looks really nice to have an orderly warehouse.

Be advised that the downside to wooden pallets is that wood is flammable. Nothing worse than a burning warehouse.

Vengarr fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Dec 16, 2018

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I make my pallets out of bone :black101:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
If you do decide to use some sort of stack mod, consider OgreStack because it is very good

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1447140290

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Flesh Forge posted:

If you do decide to use some sort of stack mod, consider OgreStack because it is very good

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1447140290

OgreStack is what I switched to for 1.0 because Skullywag was taking too long to update. It's nice and the fact you can customize storage in a very granular way is pretty cool.

That said, I much prefer the containers that come along with Extended storage; it makes your storage rooms look a lot more organized than just having piles of stuff all over the floor. Plus, the fact that there's a resource requirement in order to take advantage of the extra storage makes it feel more 'balanced' (I know that's a loaded statement, but it's *my opinion*)

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I use both at once. great big stacks for the early game, or for temporary stockpiles, and extended storage items near workshops or pallets in warehouses.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

Warmachine posted:

So we begin again, using a new Crash Landing mod.

Literally raining chunks of ship from the sky. Not pictured: Having a maimed colonist manually breaking down a reactor before it irradiated the only safe place on the map. You don't start with any supplies, and you could very well land with 3 incapacitated/dead colonists. What you get to work with depends on what chunks fall from the sky, and if you can get to them fast enough to salvage useful things before they burn up. Since these things are big, I assume that if you happen to get hit by the falling debris, you die. So my pawns are going to hide in these caves until pieces of starship stop crashing down around them.

i'm trying to use this mod and i'm having an issue where in ~80% of my games it doesn't trigger the crashed ship event, so i just have my initial dudes smash into the ground at mach speeds and then nothing. is there some way to stop this from happening?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Syndlig posted:

i'm trying to use this mod and i'm having an issue where in ~80% of my games it doesn't trigger the crashed ship event, so i just have my initial dudes smash into the ground at mach speeds and then nothing. is there some way to stop this from happening?

I got it to work consistently by changing the crashlanding start to the event .1 days after start instead of 0.0.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Remember that multiplayer mod getting built? A different one just had its first public release. It's not feature complete and apparently has some lag problems, but, well, first public release of a mod doing very fundamental things to a game. It's to be expected.

Have fun.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
holy hell, pro find

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Want to do mp with goons.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

McGiggins posted:

Want to do mp with goons.

that seems like an awful loving idea. let's do it.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I have severe reservations about this and how it will end in tears and screaming. Let's do it.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I'm picturing two goons competitively trying to control a single pawn to either extinguish a fire or finish laying bricks in the shape of a penis.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

How is that distinguishable from the normal battle between one goon and the job priority system?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I just imagine goons are constantly caught between computer fires and creating digital penises, whether within RimWorld or otherwise.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
Next step, PvP raiding? :getin:

I can picture some goon going on a raid only to wall in the other dude and start a new colony outside.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Look at me: the wild animals are mine now.

Leave beer and weed by the portcullis and you will be allowed to eat.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

The goon barter economy appears to just be a lot of threats of violence followed by trade.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
You've got to set the hierarchies somehow.

*offers lobster meat*

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The nerve staple in Questionable Ethics is a lot heavier than I expected :shepface: it tanks their ability to learn and gives them a permanent +50 mood buff which I expected, but also gives them a -100 mood debuff for a day and a -70 for the rest of the week as they realize what you did to them and try desperately to resist it. Despite all the organ/blood harvesting and sacrificing to eldritch gods, this is the thing that makes me genuinely feel bad :saddowns:

Phoenix Taichou
Jun 23, 2010

"Movie reference."

Danaru posted:

The nerve staple in Questionable Ethics is a lot heavier than I expected :shepface: it tanks their ability to learn and gives them a permanent +50 mood buff which I expected, but also gives them a -100 mood debuff for a day and a -70 for the rest of the week as they realize what you did to them and try desperately to resist it. Despite all the organ/blood harvesting and sacrificing to eldritch gods, this is the thing that makes me genuinely feel bad :saddowns:

It says stuff about bionics - does it clash with the other bionics mods? I love the sound of everything else, just didn't want to mash up my bionics list too much

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Phoenix Taichou posted:

It says stuff about bionics - does it clash with the other bionics mods? I love the sound of everything else, just didn't want to mash up my bionics list too much

It works fine with EPOE at least, the bionics it adds are cheap 'crude' bionics that have a -5 mood debuff each because they're sparky and itchy. Good for expendable nerve staples troops though :v:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Danaru posted:

The ethics of such things are certainly questionable. (QE is a very good mod.)

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I'm not sure I can agree that is questionably ethics really.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

If you remove their arms and legs before you nerve-staple them, any tantrum or mental break they have will be minimized in effect. Then after the nerve stapling you can install bionics to replace the removed parts and have a perfectly content murder-pawn.

Just a thought.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Does the debuff time still count down if the pawn is in a cryopod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I already popped his spine out when I realized what happened (glad I started the cyborging pre-staple :v:) so he's no issue, but it's more the fact that he's consciously aware that I'm overwriting his humanity that has me a little unnerved :saddowns: