Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Donating at first opportunity that suits my schedule. 5/1/19. Starting the new year on a high note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

The Before Times posted:

Nats are gonna be apoplectic.

Nats do not give a single poo poo about the country.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

hooman posted:

*coughs, points to thread title*

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
:careens into thread late: I CAN'T DONATE BLOOD BECAUSE- :falls down escalator, gets ground up in the gears:

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

Some of this stuff I'm not sure where he gets it from. The banking royal commission is more or less over so I don't know how they're expecting to cut funding to it. Unless they're taking credit for not paying for something which won't exist.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
You know the answer is that 90% of it is bullshit.

Their numbers have never made sense before, why would they add up now?

Edit: There is no way their numbers aren't based on zombie legislation that never passed the senate from as far back as 2013, as it has for the past 5 budgets.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
No cuts to the ABC?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Anidav posted:

No cuts to the ABC?

No but they seem to be gutting the ACMA which does not bode well

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

There should be, since 730 just allowed some anti-vaxxers on their program.

Here's You Am I's spicy take on anti-vaxxers - they are child abusers and should have their kids taken away and thrown into jail.

Spicy take out *drops mic, falls off stage*

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Starshark posted:

:careens into thread late: I CAN'T DONATE BLOOD BECAUSE- :falls down escalator, gets ground up in the gears:
I wish

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

If it were cheaper and more “efficient” tax wise to remove all children from their parents to be raised by the state this government would do it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

You Am I posted:

There should be, since 730 just allowed some anti-vaxxers on their program.

Here's You Am I's spicy take on anti-vaxxers - they are child abusers and should have their kids taken away and thrown into jail.

Spicy take out *drops mic, falls off stage*
lukewarm take at best

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Does yibbida yibbida really count as tautology tho

Hey, he was born and spawned on this game in Bay 13, selling and eating Dixie ice-creams, and then through guts and hard work, ran onto this great arena. So he can have more than one yibbida.

Also my blood is fine but my veins are too deep and they can only needlestick you a couple of times before they have to give up. So although I'm still registered, I haven't given blood for years because I'm too "difficult". Last time I had to give my regular blood check they had to send me down the road to another pathologist because they had run out of tries and in the end we decided a bruise was worth it just to hit a visible vein. Which is totally fine by me but you can't do that too often either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R793fuhaAUo

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Dec 18, 2018

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

ewe2 posted:

Also my blood is fine but my veins are too deep

what are you, a loving dwarvish mine?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

GoldStandardConure posted:

Balrog, in the dungeons

thought you out to know

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

hooman posted:

They care about pork though.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

tithin posted:

Balrog, in the dungeons

thought you out to know

balrog in the dungeons
gandalf in the fungeons

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/abc730/status/1074949528791347201?s=21

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

GoldStandardConure posted:

Right, no more mithril for you. Truthfully my blood type is relatively uncommon.

Former Nationals senator as in defected to the Liberal party and currently resides in a pro-monarchist think tank.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Poor cat hat, no one has his back.

Leyonhjelm struggling to find colleague support in Hanson-Young defamation case

quote:

Liberal Democrat senator David Leyonhjelm has struggled to get supporting affidavits from his parliamentary colleagues, as he defends defamation action fromGreens senator Sarah Hanson-Young.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-12-18/david-leyonhjelm-struggling-to-find-support-in-defamation-case/10630916

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

hambeet posted:

Poor cat hat, no one has his back.

He has me blocked on twitter, no idea why. I've never interacted with him in the slightest.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

They care about pork though.

I wonder if “get some pork on your fork” is still the pork association slogan probably written by Australia’s Don Draper PM

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Memento posted:

He has me blocked on twitter, no idea why. I've never interacted with him in the slightest.

The thing you need to realize about free speech libertarians is that they are hilariously thin skinned.

They block the people who interact with the people they block. Some of them create these huge block lists so that they don't need to interact with anyone at all on Twitter dot Com

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Haha, remember Pete Evens?

https://twitter.com/thomas_violence/status/1074939139575865344

The funniest part of when he had his paleo cookbook recalled for containing a poison baby formula is that, much more than any other part of old timey food, it's an extremely easy guess what paleolithic babies got fed, and it wasn't straight up beef stock

They hadn't even invented it being rude to do on park benches yet

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Dec 18, 2018

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

The Peccadillo posted:

Haha, remember Pete Evens?

https://twitter.com/thomas_violence/status/1074939139575865344

The funniest part of when he had his paleo cookbook recalled for containing a poison baby formula is that, much more than any other part of old timey food, it's an extremely easy guess what paleolithic babies got fed, and it wasn't straight up beef stock

The depressing thing is it was called paleo nonsense beef bone broth yadda yadda yadda

Essentially it was just a worse version of pho, and pho rules.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
You idiots, of course feeding infants beef stock is bad. That's why he advocated chicken stock.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I think everyone's got the wrong end of the stick. It was infant broth. The other, other white meat.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
So what I gather is that everyone in auspol is gay, trans, stoned, and/or english. Checks out.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

So what I gather is that everyone in auspol is gay, trans, stoned, and/or english. Checks out.

i'm a flesh golem

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

i'm gay

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

drunkill posted:

National Windfarm Commissioner ✂️ $2.4million

I think this cut is actually a good thing, wasn't this the thing that was set up to look into the health effects from windfarms on local residents?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I got told I'm inelligible on the red cross online quiz for reasons I feel are overcautious, but hey, I'm not a bloody hemopathologist so I will reluctantly but respectfully keep my spare blood

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'm human-shaped refuse, get it right

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

how could you possibly screw this extremely simple name up

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I'm sorry John

say hello.jpg
Feb 16, 2012
Has any one done a study on the rates of autism in anti Vax communities vs the national average?

Humm now that I think about it they would ignore the diagnosis and say they where an indego child or some other poo poo

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

hi gay

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

say hello.jpg posted:

Has any one done a study on the rates of autism in anti Vax communities vs the national average?

Humm now that I think about it they would ignore the diagnosis and say they where an indego child or some other poo poo

I remember this pretty good video about how it's way more normal to think a doctor hosed your kid up with injections than to think cest la vie my kid's just got a different brain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzxr9FeZf1g

And how easily it follows that you'd activate against like a normal necessary medical practice about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

hot take: anti-vaxxing stuff is similar to "they took our jobs" type racism in that it's a misguided expression of the discontent and anxiety created by an economic system that operates in the interests of corporations rather than actual people living under it