Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Ok now I'm extremely loving offended, this guy isn't qualified to curate a museum owned by the Koch brothers. :catstare:

I'm quoting from a few pages back but NPR has basically become unlistenable thanks to the Koch Bros financing like half of the programs. I normally only listen in on Saturdays now for the Jazz/Blue Dog Jam(Whatever the gently caress they call it now that is way better because Ugh)/Acid Jazz block. Saturday on NPR from 6-12am is super good but gently caress it the rest of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 5 days!)

It was a minor 'woops' for me as a Canadian in Denmark to find out I had to buy mandatory equipment for the car. Denmark only requires a warning triangle and a fire extinguisher. Others are a lot stricter.

https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-article/mandatory-equipment-for-vehicle-in-europe

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

CODChimera posted:

I guess that makes sense. It was just genuinely shocking watching that clip and seeing everyone react like that.

So, a few weeks ago my car was rear-ended at a stop sign. The car is probably totaled, but the accident was minor enough that I wouldn't have expected anyone to stop (and of course no one did).

Since my car is currently disabled, insurance is providing a rental car. The first rental car they gave me was a total piece of poo poo and it died on me in the middle of rush hour traffic downtown. I live in a very small city (less than 60k people), and within seconds of that car stalling there were people both driving over the curb to my right and literally driving into oncoming traffic on my left to get around me. Had I been in an accident instead of just a lovely car anyone who stopped to help probably would have been run over and/or had their car hit.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

A fire extinguisher for your car is something least no one here has ever thought about because cars don't just catch on fire all the time.

I guess I'll be the only American in this thread to say they keep a fire extinguisher in their car. I've driven lots of ancient cars though, my first was a 65 Beetle. I also have a motorcycle that leaks fuel out of the carb right on to the exhaust so I keep a fire extinguisher in the garage, a little one in my backpack and one under the sink in the kitchen.

You guys are loving nuts if you don't keep an extinguisher all over the place.

They're like 20 bucks for a realistically universal one and they're good for 2-3 years.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

Smeef posted:

Also, the US is a country of children, and if people had free fire extinguishers, within the first week they’d all get sprayed for fun, placed in a field and used for target practice, or huffed to get and get high.
I'm surprised they don't make it a legal requirement to have a fire extinguisher in the trunk. It would give cops another excuse to illegally search black people's cars when they're pulled over, and judges an excuse to let them get away with it. "Safety" is the ultimate excuse for bad behavior by authorities.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Party Plane Jones posted:

There's generally no manufacturer mountings on consumer vehicles and most people dislike the possibility of a 10 pound extinguisher becoming a flying projectile in an accident.

Are these the same people who hate seatbelts?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1074989817061093378

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/krassenstein/status/1074850072976859138

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Shifty Pony posted:

Oooh Jordan Peterson getting kicked off is huge.

Oh I'm sorry, closing his account entirely voluntarily and in no way because he saw the writing on the wall.

Got a navy friend who started reading Peterson, any recommendations on how to deprogram him before it’s too late?

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

Is this due to Richard Spencer saying Tucker is championing their talking points? That dude has the Trump Touch.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Strange Poon posted:

Is this due to Richard Spencer saying Tucker is championing their talking points? That dude has the Trump Touch.

Nope, it is this

https://mobile.twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1074851773934907392

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Ah yes, the natural landscape of all these European immigrants, and the Africans who just, you know, magically were here in the first place?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Katt posted:

Alcohol and fire extinguisher stored together you say.

https://i.imgur.com/n4YLDwT.mp4

Moss would stop to help for a fender-bender and somehow end up bringing back the plague.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

Triskelli posted:

Got a navy friend who started reading Peterson, any recommendations on how to deprogram him before it’s too late?

Show him clips from the interviews about the craziest poo poo he believes in, like his "meat, salt and water only" diet.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

DiggityDoink posted:

I guess I'll be the only American in this thread to say they keep a fire extinguisher in their car. I've driven lots of ancient cars though, my first was a 65 Beetle. I also have a motorcycle that leaks fuel out of the carb right on to the exhaust so I keep a fire extinguisher in the garage, a little one in my backpack and one under the sink in the kitchen.

You guys are loving nuts if you don't keep an extinguisher all over the place.

They're like 20 bucks for a realistically universal one and they're good for 2-3 years.

I’ll :same: here. I had to use the extinguisher to smash out the rear window of an upside-down SUV that had gone off the road in the snow a couple winters back and flipped over into a pond on a golf course near my house. The lady in it was pretty shaken up, and I wish I’d had more stuff like a blanket along with my first aid kit. It was a good 10m before we were able to get anyone else to show up with rescue equipment. Wish I’d had a glass breaker too. And some waders.

That situation was a lot more like what I imagine “you should stop to help” rules are for, than “Los Angeles freeway with literally thousands of cars crawling past you on all sides”

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Boy he is really salty that Peter Strzok was in a healthy and committed relationship. You know, Donny, just because you couldn't get anyone to touch your tiny orange schmeckel without financial inducement...

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Conspiratiorist posted:

Show him clips from the interviews about the craziest poo poo he believes in, like his "meat, salt and water only" diet.

That sounds less like a diet, and more of a gastric punishment. :psyduck:

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

DiggityDoink posted:

I'm quoting from a few pages back but NPR has basically become unlistenable thanks to the Koch Bros financing like half of the programs. I normally only listen in on Saturdays now for the Jazz/Blue Dog Jam(Whatever the gently caress they call it now that is way better because Ugh)/Acid Jazz block. Saturday on NPR from 6-12am is super good but gently caress it the rest of the week.

Not every NPR station in the country has the same programming on Saturdays

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

KillHour posted:

Nobody here has a first aid kit or a fire extinguisher in their car.

I do.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Who the the gently caress sends 19000 texts

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1074993036831191045

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Pump the brakes, they are still greedy corporations that signed on with a racist in the first place. Corporations aren't people (yes I know by legal definition they are) and are motivated by profits, not ethics. They did this because of blowback. "It's about loving time" would be far more appropriate.

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

Fun Shoe

Gorson posted:

Pump the brakes, they are still greedy corporations that signed on with a racist in the first place. Corporations aren't people (yes I know by legal definition they are) and are motivated by profits, not ethics. They did this because of blowback. "It's about loving time" would be far more appropriate.

Preaching to the choir, friend. I'll take blowback for a reason for that shitbird to get dumped on.

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

big boi posted:

Well our dumb fat bitch president has sent 39,000 tweets.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

big boi posted:

do you not chat with your girlfriend?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1075001077576151041

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

do what with a who now

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

You can't trust the numbers man, you gotta FEEL the market.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

That's over 40 texts a day if, as according to Wiki, the texts were send between August of '15 and December of '16. But to answer your question, I'm married, and our communication consists of one resigned grunt in the morning and one before bed

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

You can tell he didn’t write this because it would imply he knows what an editorial is.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Edmund Lava posted:

You can tell he didn’t write this because it would imply he knows what an editorial is.

Also because "market" isn't capitalized

Phobic Nest
Oct 2, 2013

You Are My Sunshine
A pleasant market feel

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ahahaha, he didn't loving write this; no way he knows what "illiquid" means.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

What in the gently caress. "Illiquid"

This is the exact kind of savant mumbo-jumbo that people think Trump talks about all the time. It's like this was written not by one of his flunkies but by one of his fanfiction authors

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

big boi posted:

That's over 40 texts a day if, as according to Wiki, the texts were send between August of '15 and December of '16.

That is an extremely reasonable amount to talk to a person!

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

It is really telling about the state of the Republican party when they refer to numbers and metrics as useless lol

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Data Graham posted:

What in the gently caress. "Illiquid"

This is the exact kind of savant mumbo-jumbo that people think Trump talks about all the time. It's like this was written not by one of his flunkies but by one of his fanfiction authors

Illiquid means assets that you can't convert to cash or a market where not many people are participating. It's an actual word, but LOL if anyone is stupid enough to think Trump knows what it means.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

big boi posted:

That's over 40 texts a day if, as according to Wiki, the texts were send between August of '15 and December of '16. But to answer your question, I'm married, and our communication consists of one resigned grunt in the morning and one before bed

People just use texts as IMs nowadays, that sounds if anything a low estimate.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot/status/1075005516944818178

Twitter preventing people from joining Trump! They've done NOTHING about what they're doing! I am not a brain-addled grandpa at all! Good Luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

That is an extremely reasonable amount to talk to a person!

That would drive me insane, but whatevs