Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
yeah, the final-section fights were pushovers since the game gives you a bunch of enormous buffs

the ones leading up to it are way worse though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Motto posted:

the fight with king hassan support seems like it'd be a big pain if you missed shiki. Nobody aside from her and KH triggered their IKs

As someone with no IK servants, that one was really annoying. It wasn't especially challenging because of the buffs, but it did take forever to whittle their HP down.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Definitely a case where having a 10/8/x Nito paid huge dividends.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

alternatively, just bring a bunch of AoE NPs

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Definitely a case where having a 10/8/x Nito paid huge dividends.

She was my MVP for that one to be sure.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Traveller posted:

Lahmus taught me that Rama is a good, strong boy. I really need stronger Lancers than Liz and Santa Lily, though.

I never thought Rama was that good until I realized maxing his first skill puts it in a tiny little 4 turn cooldown. He can kill a mid-boss and charge 70% of his NP every 4 turns.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Nate RFB posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CWsaeirsiQHCLf2OJ15kbZSvFlRRdUl5czWXBzSebyg

This is a bit wonky to use, but it is a damage calculator that you can use to help determine a setup to kill the pillars. For example this is what my Jalter strategy will approximately be:

Which relies on either a support Waver or Merlin, Martha with the JTTW Ox-King CE that I both clear the starting debuff and DEF down debuff the pillar and then swap out for a Golden Carped Merlin/Waver, and hopefully some crits on the two face cards.

excellent, thank you. jalter-herc-waver with 2 NPs on the first turn easily does at least 600k damage.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

All that being said I'm not sure NA's vastly smaller playerbase would necessitate minmaxing 1 turn strats.

If you want to use size of player base as a guide Taiwan killed the first pillar in under 20 hours and they hadn't even hit their 1M downloads milestone at the time.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

I think the Lahmu didn't bother me much because I have no shortage of sabers and lancers to act as exterminators

I'm hosed if there's any of the upcoming content is particularly Caster or Assassin heavy though
Shinjuku is pretty Assassin heavy. There's like three Assassin boss fights and a decent number of grunts. I'd recommend raising Halloween Liz at the very least if you haven't yet.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Now I want to hang out with Ereshkigal.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
not enjoying the back half of babylonia

only another ten fights with the dullest enemies in the game to go

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Dawgstar posted:

Now I want to hang out with Ereshkigal.

Agreed.

How many Rin-faces are in the game over in JP?
Two? Three if you count the Welfare Summer Ishtar?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Just the Ishtars and Ereshkigal.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

atelier morgan posted:

not enjoying the back half of babylonia

only another ten fights with the dullest enemies in the game to go

I liked it from a storytelling perspective. But a lot of those fights were indeed unexciting.

Make sure to take the story support for the last battle, they completely redid their lines for that fight (and that fight only).

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Now if only we didn't have to look up on Reddit or whatever what those lines were! :eng99:

I know you're working on it Hamster, but I'm still gonna complain! :shobon:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

Shinjuku is pretty Assassin heavy. There's like three Assassin boss fights and a decent number of grunts. I'd recommend raising Halloween Liz at the very least if you haven't yet.

Actually the solution is MORE BABBAGE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZpNQkIs840

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I haven't really followed 1.5 or the story after that but how does the game scale since Babylonia? Do the difficulties/level reset somewhat?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

halokiller posted:

I haven't really followed 1.5 or the story after that but how does the game scale since Babylonia? Do the difficulties/level reset somewhat?

They introduce Break Bars and more gimmick fights versus just scaling up numbers indefinitely. So a lot of it depends on what servants you have. That said, I'd say, on a scale of 1-10

Shinjuku: 7. There's a recurring avenger boss that's a huge pain unless you wait until after the CCC event gives you BB to beat him down with, and the final boss is a pain due to it being a pair with one guy spamming aoe attacks and another guy spamming a single target NP, but there's not much outside of that.

Agartha: 6. The final boss has an annoying gimmick and there's one other fight with a Rider and Berserker that's rough due to the rider basically existing to try and distract you from the berserker beating your face in, but its not bad.

Shimosa: 8.5. The Shuten/Raikou pair fight is still one of the hardest things in the game and the singularity's central gimmick makes it so you can't use friend supports, meaning a lot is dependant on the servants you have.

Salem: 4. Honestly a cake walk.

Lostbelt 1: 6. There's one boss that's kind of rough but everything else is pretty smooth sailing.

Lostbelt 2: 4. Also honestly really easy.

Lostbelt 3: 9. There's a ruler boss that constantly crits you for 20k per basic attack, a boss that does nothing but spam an AOE NP every single turn, and what's basically a repeat of the Shuten/Raikou fight if gave Raikou more crit chance in exchange for getting rid of Shuten's charm. Even some of the grunt fights have annoying gimmicks. On the flipside, it's actually pretty short in terms of number of fights, so at least it isn't too exhausting gameplay-wise.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
The Babylonia guides aren't as good as the ones for Camelot. Im too lazy to think of a way to murder avengers.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Tired Moritz posted:

The Babylonia guides aren't as good as the ones for Camelot. Im too lazy to think of a way to murder avengers.

Cuzilla?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Yea, outside of BB, Avengers are only weak to Berserkers. Every class but Ruler deals normal damage to them, so just use anybody that isn't a Ruler.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Idk, I wanted to use some dude's Vlad because I heard he's good in art teams but he keeps dying too early because she won't stop criting.

I could just use herc/lancelot/waver but that's really boring and not really a guarantee

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Tired Moritz posted:

Idk, I wanted to use some dude's Vlad because I heard he's good in art teams but he keeps dying too early because she won't stop criting.

I could just use herc/lancelot/waver but that's really boring and not really a guarantee

For that avenger in particular, she generates so much np by hitting you with her multi-hit attacks that you can spam buff and debuff NPs easily and grind her down while she does zero damage.

Bring Mash and Hans alongside that Vlad and laugh off her damage with five stacks of defense buffs

Tarezax fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Dec 18, 2018

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yeah Mash + Story Support Merlin alone should basically make you unkillable and able to run out the clock. Even more broken if you have a Tamamo you can throw into the mix.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Tarezax posted:

For that avenger in particular, she generates so much np by hitting you with her multi-hit attacks that you can spam buff and debuff NPs easily and grind her down while she does zero damage.

Bring Mash and Hans alongside that Vlad and laugh off her damage with five stacks of defense buffs

I wished I knew about this earlier but I ended up having Herc fly in and do his NP multiple times at her face

How dissatisfying.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Borrow my grailed Asterios.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

One thing Babylonia has taught me is I have a lot of good AoE servants, but not so many single-target ones. Somebody's Okita is quite a help against the Lamu.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I will say that babylonia has made me appreciate Saberlot even more than I did already, pairing him with Mash and either Waver or Story Merlin has basically been a repeating roadshow of him doing 40-110k crit turns while laughing behind a towering wall of defense buffs

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

i have reached maximum marie my homies

thank u for support these francey times

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Claw....is this your final form????:ssj:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i am now grailing cleo because she is sparkly enough to be an HONORARY MARIE!!

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Save your grails for 5* Avenger Marie Antoinette (Cake Alter)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"Viva la France," she rumbled darkly.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

I just finished up Babylonia, with a couple days to spare. I thought it was a pretty solid Singularity overall, in terms of story and battles. The one match that legitimately gave me trouble was the last one against Quetzalcoatl, especially since I was sorely lacking in decent balanced/evil Assassins. Thank god I was able to bring a Jack support. A couple of the fights against evil Ushi were annoying at first too, so it made me kind of glad the last few fights eased up in a way,

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I just rolled Quetz on both servers through random YOLO 1-roll.

The spirit of Lucha Libre is with me. I cannot lose.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

MonsieurChoc posted:

I just rolled Quetz on both servers through random YOLO 1-roll.

The spirit of Lucha Libre is with me. I cannot lose.

Uh, thanks? I was just inspired to do a Yolo 1 pull, and I guess now I have Mordred? My fourth 5* saber? Okay then.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Ashsaber posted:

Uh, thanks? I was just inspired to do a Yolo 1 pull, and I guess now I have Mordred? My fourth 5* saber? Okay then.

Today is weird.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Tried rolling more for CasGil.

Got Nightingale.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I'm 3/4 in babylonia and I still have no idea what's going on with Quetz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Blew all my JP quartz trying to get Ruler Martha and got exactly jack poo poo. They better not have any good banners for New Years.