Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

JebanyPedal posted:

Amazon is actually selling the TH900s at about $1,099 so they're definitely on the table.

I'd just get those then to be honest. They are seriously my favorite headphones for listening to basically anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
Any recommendations for over the ear, open or semi-open headphones that offer basic portability?

Basically I'd just want something that covers my entire ears in the cold, and also let's some sound in from the outside so I wont get run over by a car. Price isn't really an issue, but most headphones of the type seem to be designed around 3m long cables for indoors hi-fi use. So I'd prefer either a short cable, one that is easy to swap, or just bluetooth. Size isn't really an issue, since I always carry a bag of some sort.

Attestant fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Dec 12, 2018

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JebanyPedal posted:

I'm intrigued by the LCD-X even though they're a tad bit over my budget (which isn't a huge deal). Would you say you emphatically prefer them over the Focal Clears?

Everyone has already given you great advice but as another LCD-X owner I absolutely vouch for them.

Yes they are heavy. No its not a problem with the new suspension headband. Do some neck exercises and watch your posture. Any aches will go away pretty quick.

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

I'm gonna put another vote towards the Focal Elex, they are seriously really loving good. I've listened to a lot of expensive headphones and they punch way above their weight. They are also getting incredible reviews from the community, if you care for the opinion of say DMS and Zeos and other audiophile youtubers.

There is a not-insignificant chance that the weight of the LCD-X is an issue. The new headband is better but they are still a stupidly heavily pair of headphones. I found them to not be worth it just because of it. I'd say there is a greater chance that it is fine but I feel its an important thing to be aware of if you can't listen to them locally.

5-HT posted:

Get yourself a pair of Focal Clears (they're easily found for right close to $900 - $1K), Massdrop Focal Elex which is a steal at its price point, or a pair of Audeze LCD-X circa 2016 or newer. These are all in that "end game" territory and they're all amazing headphones.

Or wildcard option Hifiman Ananda. They're easy to drive, super wide sound stage, a great frequency response. I'm personally partial to the LCD-X since I own them, but the other options I've mentioned are all insanely good.

Don't get the HD660S, it's insanely overrated and isn't as even in response as an HD650/HD6XX. If you want a true upgrade and not a side grade, strongly suggest the options I mentioned earlier, particularly the Elex or the LCD-X.

I also agree with like all of this but my personal lean is that the Elex is substantially nicer but thats a preference thing. With high end audio it is extremely dependent on personal preference (ignoring things like SINAD for dacs/amps etc).

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Hey!

Budget - ~€200
Source - What will you be plugging these into? Nothing???
Preferred Type of Headphone - Bluetooth IEM
Past Headphones - I have B&W P3s but they have a plug and don't actually fit inside my ear.
Preferred Music - IDM, Neo-classical, Ambient, junk, etc...

If you can't tell, my hip new fone doesn't have a headphone jack.

One caveat is I would like to buy from amazon.es as then I can pay with gift cards. I realize this is severely limiting.

amazon.es does have Audio-Technica ath-ckr55bt for €99. I see you guys mention this make and that price is MSRP here so maybe this is a decent one to go for. But I have no clue what other makes or models to look for.

They also have Sony WF1000X but they are €180 and have a lot of bad reviews. And you must look a bit goofy with those things protruding from your ear.

Thank you.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

I'm intrigued by the LCD-X even though they're a tad bit over my budget (which isn't a huge deal). Would you say you emphatically prefer them over the Focal Clears?

I personally do, but then again I'm a huge HD800S fan, which I still think is an objectively better headphone overall in terms of tonality. It's lean, but it's accurate. LCD-X has more sub bass slam and are incredibly easy to EQ and the sound stage on them is great. Not HD800S wide, but still very good. And I realize they're slightly over budget so here's what I'd suggest. Order from Audeze and use affirm, you basically have a 30 day free trial before payments are due, and there's no prepayment penalty. It's how I purchased my pair, put most of the money down and then did two smaller monthly payments. I'd either be this or finding a used pair on r/avexchange, eBay, or Amazon.

Or, pro option. take advantage of affirm on WorldWideStereo.com to get the Clears and the LCD-X. You'll have both cans to demo for close to a month. And whatever you prefer you keep and pay down significantly on and contact worldwide to return the other pair.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Thanks guys you've given a ton of great advice, I'm going to head over to the high end hifi place tonight and see if any of the recommendations are there to try, do a little more research and let y'all know what I decided on.
This has made things a lot less daunting.

EDIT: The budget was mostly just what I set aside for the headphones so the extra $100-200 I'm seeing for the LCD-X and others on Amazon is no big deal.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Dec 12, 2018

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.
Sup nerds!?

Budget -
$200-300, <$100 for wireless
Source -
2 channel mixer, laptop, phone
Isolation Requirements -
None
Preferred Type of Headphone -
Full size half-open, wireless in ear
Preferred Tonal Balance -
Mostly treble with some bass or just nicely balanced
Past Headphones-
Mostly AKG ilk, current are AKG K702. Nice flat sound so nothing sounds too high or low but I am getting bored of them.
ATH-AD900X, really loving good sound for movies and games but terrible for anything but vocals in music, they were so good it would sometimes sound like someone was whispering in my ears or talking behind me.
Preferred Music -
Mostly experimental, Japanese noise, punk, synthwave, hardbass, EDM, drum heavy (look up itch-o or black pus) with some rap, bluegrass, orchestra, psychedelic rock, bounce.
Wireless ones are mostly going to be used for audiobooks and podcasts.

I mostly want Bluetooth for working out so I don’t want them coming out or shorting out.

I really like AKGs form factor and feel but willing to go with something else if it is better.

These were suggested a few pages back and look alright. Just wondering if anyone has used them for working out?

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Endurance-buttfart420/dp/B07CX38CQ2

Jeesis fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 12, 2018

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

So after some further research and getting to compare headphones in person, I've decided to wait a week longer to get the LCD-X as I was completely and utterly blown away by them.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

JebanyPedal posted:

So after some further research and getting to compare headphones in person, I've decided to wait a week longer to get the LCD-X as I was completely and utterly blown away by them.

God I'm jealous. Good choice! I didn't think they'd be in your range, that's why I suggested the LCD-2, the X is even better tho obviously.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

gr8 choice!

Jeesis posted:

Sup nerds!?

Budget -
$200-300, <$100 for wireless
Source -
2 channel mixer, laptop, phone
Isolation Requirements -
None
Preferred Type of Headphone -
Full size half-open, wireless in ear
Preferred Tonal Balance -
Mostly treble with some bass or just nicely balanced
Past Headphones-
Mostly AKG ilk, current are AKG K702. Nice flat sound so nothing sounds too high or low but I am getting bored of them.
ATH-AD900X, really loving good sound for movies and games but terrible for anything but vocals in music, they were so good it would sometimes sound like someone was whispering in my ears or talking behind me.
Preferred Music -
Mostly experimental, Japanese noise, punk, synthwave, hardbass, EDM, drum heavy (look up itch-o or black pus) with some rap, bluegrass, orchestra, psychedelic rock, bounce.
Wireless ones are mostly going to be used for audiobooks and podcasts.

I mostly want Bluetooth for working out so I don’t want them coming out or shorting out.

I really like AKGs form factor and feel but willing to go with something else if it is better.

These were suggested a few pages back and look alright. Just wondering if anyone has used them for working out?

https://www.amazon.com/JBL-Endurance-buttfart420/dp/B07CX38CQ2

endurance sprint is fairly balanced and great for cheap wireless iem's. but you mention full size semi-opens? this is a really tough call because if you could stretch the $300 price point you could get some planar's that would be amazing given the genres you listen to.

your best options as of the moment are going to be the Hifiman HE4XX, or Hifiman HE-560 V2 or V3. you can find some Hifiman Sundara's on a stretch, and they're worth the stretch, trust me. otherwise the HE-560 are pretty close, and the HE4XX is great if you wanna keep the budget down a little more.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Looking to get an IEM in the 150-200 dollar price range. I'd mostly be using them at work where the noise is about average for a small workspace. At night I'd use them to listen to podcasts while I drift off. If it matters, I mostly listen to dreamy electronic music like Washed Out and psychedelic stuff as well.

Any recommendations?

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Dec 13, 2018

Jeesis
Mar 4, 2010

I am the second illegitimate son of gawd who resides in hoaven.

5-HT posted:

gr8 choice!

endurance sprint is fairly balanced and great for cheap wireless iem's. but you mention full size semi-opens? this is a really tough call because if you could stretch the $300 price point you could get some planar's that would be amazing given the genres you listen to.

your best options as of the moment are going to be the Hifiman HE4XX, or Hifiman HE-560 V2 or V3. you can find some Hifiman Sundara's on a stretch, and they're worth the stretch, trust me. otherwise the HE-560 are pretty close, and the HE4XX is great if you wanna keep the budget down a little more.

Will look into these thanks. Unsure if I want to go full hog on 500 monies headphones though unless there is a better posting than amazon, even if I would love them. Honestly might go with the HE-560.

Jeesis fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 13, 2018

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The Brainwavz Alara are finally in stock and mine shipped last night. $500 for Planar Magnetics is a pretty good deal and I am a huge fan boy for Brainwavz.

I will let you guys know how they compare to the HM5s/HM9s.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
It was hard to slip the LCD2C into rotation without my wife noticing since they’re so huge and unlike anything else in the pile.

She doesn’t really care how I spend hobby money, but it was super cute to give her a little “listening journey” explaining when and why I bought every pair.

We went Alessandro MS2 > Denon D2000 > Beyer DT990 > Grado RS1 > HD6xx > LCD2C. I was really surprised the RS1 was her fav, but she said “I understand why you never get rid of any.”

At the end I told her to pay attention to the space in the room on the LCD2C, before I swapped in the ATH-M50 and she said “These sound awful.” 🥰

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Active/Adaptive Noise Cancelling is mainly for “steady state” background noise, right? Or directly to the point, will it help much blocking out household sounds, like people talking or a TV in the next room?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Active/Adaptive Noise Cancelling is mainly for “steady state” background noise, right? Or directly to the point, will it help much blocking out household sounds, like people talking or a TV in the next room?

It does almost nothing for vocal range noise. It's great for things like jet engines.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Jeesis posted:

Will look into these thanks. Unsure if I want to go full hog on 500 monies headphones though unless there is a better posting than amazon, even if I would love them. Honestly might go with the HE-560.

sundara's can be had for ~ $80 more than your max budget. always check the "used" section. they're almost always new or barely used condition

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B077XDWT7X/ref=sr_1_3_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1544762684&sr=8-3&keywords=HifiMan+sundara

if you can stretch $80, they're worth it. and I've purchased from both Electronics Expo and Audio Advice, good 3rd party sellers.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Hi goons,

Budget - £200 absolute max
Source - phone
Isolation Requirements - my biggest concern. I want to be in an impenetrable bubble of antisociality at the gym or during my commute
Preferred Type of Headphone - wireless definitely, closed supra-aural probably
Preferred Tonal Balance - I onno :shrug:
Past Headphones - a pair of entry level Sennheisers that the cat chewed through, whatever earbuds come with my phone
Preferred Music - metal, podcasts

I'd like them to be relatively comfortable for extended wear, and able to be chucked into a gym bag without any great injury. Sound quality actually isn't a major factor since I only listen to idiots grunting about Satan anyway. Am I dumb for wanting over-ear workout headphones? Am I cursed to have my sweat dissolve the ear pads and cover my ears in little black bits of poo poo?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I need an over the head, closed wireless headphone with microphone to use in an open office setting to do skype and goto meetings between around 100$ +/- 50$ could someone please recommend?

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Wachter posted:

Hi goons,

Budget - £200 absolute max
Source - phone
Isolation Requirements - my biggest concern. I want to be in an impenetrable bubble of antisociality at the gym or during my commute
Preferred Type of Headphone - wireless definitely, closed supra-aural probably
Preferred Tonal Balance - I onno :shrug:
Past Headphones - a pair of entry level Sennheisers that the cat chewed through, whatever earbuds come with my phone
Preferred Music - metal, podcasts

I'd like them to be relatively comfortable for extended wear, and able to be chucked into a gym bag without any great injury. Sound quality actually isn't a major factor since I only listen to idiots grunting about Satan anyway. Am I dumb for wanting over-ear workout headphones? Am I cursed to have my sweat dissolve the ear pads and cover my ears in little black bits of poo poo?

Sennheiser PXC550 or Beats Studio 3.

Waroduce posted:

I need an over the head, closed wireless headphone with microphone to use in an open office setting to do skype and goto meetings between around 100$ +/- 50$ could someone please recommend?

Plantronics Backbeat Go 600

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Audeze is doing another one of their b-stock sales.... so tempted to p/u some LCD-MX4's, but I can't find enough info on FR outside of one website to justify it yet.

https://www.audeze.com/products/audeze-holiday-special-2018

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

5-HT posted:

Plantronics Backbeat Go 600

My beloved headset (plantronics gamecon) failed when the earbud snapped. I've got Plantronics ptsd now and can't look at their stupid headsets the same way.

:argh:

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

Cannon_Fodder posted:

My beloved headset (plantronics gamecon) failed when the earbud snapped. I've got Plantronics ptsd now and can't look at their stupid headsets the same way.

:argh:

HyperX Cloud Flight is your best bet then if not plantronics for a good allrounder

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

5-HT posted:

Audeze is doing another one of their b-stock sales.... so tempted to p/u some LCD-MX4's, but I can't find enough info on FR outside of one website to justify it yet.

Sweet, I bought my LCD-X as B-stock from a hifi site, now I can buy the carrying case too without having to pay a premium.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Nope. It will almost completely cancel steady state noise and take the edge off noise with significant periodic components like (some kinds of) music, but like the other guy said, it's not effective against speech and other aperiodic noise.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

going to change my default recommendation for wireless sport iem's. just got a pair of Advanced Evo X's come in recently. thoroughly impressed w/ these. significantly punch above their weight versus almost any other iem I've run into, esp for wireless. incredibly neutral, clear, and present. and they're stupid cheap @ $40 on amazon. well worth a pickup https://www.amazon.com/Beryllium-Ea...=advanced+evo+x

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

other people posted:

Hey!

Budget - ~€200
Source - What will you be plugging these into? Nothing???
Preferred Type of Headphone - Bluetooth IEM
Past Headphones - I have B&W P3s but they have a plug and don't actually fit inside my ear.
Preferred Music - IDM, Neo-classical, Ambient, junk, etc...

If you can't tell, my hip new fone doesn't have a headphone jack.

One caveat is I would like to buy from amazon.es as then I can pay with gift cards. I realize this is severely limiting.

amazon.es does have Audio-Technica ath-ckr55bt for €99. I see you guys mention this make and that price is MSRP here so maybe this is a decent one to go for. But I have no clue what other makes or models to look for.

They also have Sony WF1000X but they are €180 and have a lot of bad reviews. And you must look a bit goofy with those things protruding from your ear.

Thank you.

Any thoughts on the Shure model SE215? Depending on which one you get they seem to be around €130 and have decent reviews.

edit: screw it. I bought the SE425 w/ bluetooth adapter. It even has a cute little case.

other people fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 15, 2018

david duchovny
Dec 25, 2009
Aaaghh help pls

Budget - ~30$ USD.
Source - iMac.
Preferred Type of Headphone - over-ear IEM.
Past Headphones - Nuforce Be6i, Monoprice Large-Driver BT Wireless Earphones.
Preferred Music - I'll be using these for work as a medical transcriptionist, so voice clarity is important.

I work from home so noise isolation and all that is not a concern. My biggest issue is comfort; I have super sensitive idiot baby ears, so the smaller/lighter the better. I'll be wearing these for 6-8 hours a day. I've got tinnitus, so if I notice pain around/in my ear then I notice the ringing.

As it stands, I'm using the Be6is until the battery dies and then swapping over to the Monoprice Large-Drivers while the Be6is charge, but the MP L-Ds are extremely uncomfortable for me.

I'd actually love another pair of Bluetooth IEMs and I know the go-to recommendation is the Anker Soundbuds line, but I'd 100% sacrifice convenience for comfort.

Def not opposed to Chi fi, especially if it's under my budget. I'll probably be waiting until Boxing Week sales to buy poo poo anyway, but I'm the anxious researching type (I've spent the last idk 3 days on Fasttech/Gearbest cross-referencing audiobudget.com/thephonograph.net).

Thank you!

edit: I'm in Canada so the usual Amazon/Monoprice recommendations may have to be adapted.

david duchovny fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Dec 18, 2018

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

5-HT posted:

HyperX Cloud Flight is your best bet then if not plantronics for a good allrounder

Thanks. I've been eyeballing the Cloud for a minute, but I'm en route to a holiday in Europe and expect to be a pauper for the next 4 months because of it.

I'll keep an eye out for this on sale though.

5-HT
Oct 17, 2012

david duchovny posted:

Aaaghh help pls

Budget - ~30$ USD.
Source - iMac.
Preferred Type of Headphone - over-ear IEM.
Past Headphones - Nuforce Be6i, Monoprice Large-Driver BT Wireless Earphones.
Preferred Music - I'll be using these for work as a medical transcriptionist, so voice clarity is important.

I work from home so noise isolation and all that is not a concern. My biggest issue is comfort; I have super sensitive idiot baby ears, so the smaller/lighter the better. I'll be wearing these for 6-8 hours a day. I've got tinnitus, so if I notice pain around/in my ear then I notice the ringing.

As it stands, I'm using the Be6is until the battery dies and then swapping over to the Monoprice Large-Drivers while the Be6is charge, but the MP L-Ds are extremely uncomfortable for me.

I'd actually love another pair of Bluetooth IEMs and I know the go-to recommendation is the Anker Soundbuds line, but I'd 100% sacrifice convenience for comfort.

Def not opposed to Chi fi, especially if it's under my budget. I'll probably be waiting until Boxing Week sales to buy poo poo anyway, but I'm the anxious researching type (I've spent the last idk 3 days on Fasttech/Gearbest cross-referencing audiobudget.com/thephonograph.net).

Thank you!

5-HT posted:

going to change my default recommendation for wireless sport iem's. just got a pair of Advanced Evo X's come in recently. thoroughly impressed w/ these. significantly punch above their weight versus almost any other iem I've run into, esp for wireless. incredibly neutral, clear, and present. and they're stupid cheap @ $40 on amazon. well worth a pickup https://www.amazon.com/Beryllium-Ea...=advanced+evo+x

it's $10 over, but it's so close to your ballpark it isn't funny, and yes they are slightly mid forward so voice clarity is excellent on them. honestly want to go so far as to say that these are a significantly better value than anker for sound quality alone, and they beat out all sub-$100 chi-fi and handily beat things punching in that $100 - $200 class even. thoroughly impressive little iem's.

5-HT fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Dec 17, 2018

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

5-HT posted:

Thanks, I was disappointed about missing out on the most recent Focal Clear Pro deal and decided to console myself by buying the LCD-MX4s. Note that the usual 30-day audition/return window is cut down to 10 days for things bought during this sale..

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

So yeah, the LCD-X is stunning now that I've had some decent home time with it. I got a Tidal Hi-fi subscription to boot to make the most of it.

Only thing I need to do now is upgrade my Amp/DAC from my dinky Fiio E10k to something more substantial, preferably one with an optical output (Xbox One X needs it). What decent ones are out there for around $300-500?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

JebanyPedal posted:

So yeah, the LCD-X is stunning now that I've had some decent home time with it. I got a Tidal Hi-fi subscription to boot to make the most of it.

Only thing I need to do now is upgrade my Amp/DAC from my dinky Fiio E10k to something more substantial, preferably one with an optical output (Xbox One X needs it). What decent ones are out there for around $300-500?

Do you mean optical input? You want to play the Xbox over the headphones, correct?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

ddogflex posted:

Do you mean optical input? You want to play the Xbox over the headphones, correct?

Oh yeah sorry that's what I mean, the Xbox One X has an optical port which is the easiest way tl get a DAC to work.

david duchovny
Dec 25, 2009

5-HT posted:

it's $10 over, but it's so close to your ballpark it isn't funny, and yes they are slightly mid forward so voice clarity is excellent on them. honestly want to go so far as to say that these are a significantly better value than anker for sound quality alone, and they beat out all sub-$100 chi-fi and handily beat things punching in that $100 - $200 class even. thoroughly impressive little iem's.

These look good but up in Canada (should've mentioned, I'll edit my post) they're 62$ on Amazon. RIP

Thank you tho!!

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

JebanyPedal posted:

Oh yeah sorry that's what I mean, the Xbox One X has an optical port which is the easiest way tl get a DAC to work.

The Monoprice THX AAA looks awesome and has optical in, it's also balanced, and has a screen. Reviews look great. It's what I'd be buying if in the market right now. Something like $430 right now which aint friggin bad for the specs.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

JebanyPedal posted:

I am really happy with my Topping DX3 Pro; it just came out within the past month, MSRP is around $220 but I got mine for $159 with an eBay coupon. Massdrop had it for around $180 but that drop has ended.

It has optical/USB/coax/RCA/Bluetooth(!) inputs, a nice digital display/volume knob, and a remote to go with dual AKM AK4493 DACs and a pretty capable amp section. I quickly sold my Magni 3 after getting the DX3.

I am a couch PC/console gamer and had always wanted a headphone amp with a remote, so this was basically my dream product to get something with optical in, a remote/display, and a dac/amp that measures really well for less than $200.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-topping-dx3pro-dac-and-headphone-amp.4967/

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/topping-dx3-pro/

Parker Lewis fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Dec 18, 2018

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I've been paying attention to other people that tried to purchase the BGVP DM6 and it turns out its a complete shitshow. Bunch of sellers from China have been ripping people off. I guess I'm lucky I ordered from a decent seller on Amazon. At this point though, they are sold out everywhere. I havent even heard my pair yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Parker Lewis posted:

I am really happy with my Topping DX3 Pro; it just came out within the past month, MSRP is around $220 but I got mine for $159 with an eBay coupon. Massdrop had it for around $180 but that drop has ended.

It has optical/USB/coax/RCA/Bluetooth(!) inputs, a nice digital display/volume knob, and a remote to go with dual AKM AK4493 DACs and a pretty capable amp section. I quickly sold my Magni 3 after getting the DX3.

I am a couch PC/console gamer and had always wanted a headphone amp with a remote, so this was basically my dream product to get something with optical in, a remote/display, and a dac/amp that measures really well for less than $200.

I also jumped on the DX3 bandwagon and :agreed:, it's a fantastic little unit for the money. The included remote feels pretty cheap but it's worth noting that Topping sells a nice metal remote separately for $20 (it's usually sold as a DX7 remote but it works with the DX3 as well).