Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
General Flynn, sir, I charge you to 5 'How Dare You Sir's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JasonV
Dec 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/juliehdavis/status/1075078816773607424

"Slush fund for Trump." Yeah, no.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

If Schumer is this stupid im switching teams

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

This is the take that I was hoping for--that it isn't about Mexico paying for it, even if that's the joke, because even if Mexico wrote us a check right now the wall would still be a racist, immoral symbol of fascism.

Say what you want about Nancy Pelosi, but she knows where her bread is buttered right now.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

No, Mr. Thomas...they own AR-style assault rifles because they cling to Red Dawn and Rambo fantasies.

cr0y posted:

If Schumer is this stupid im switching teams

Me too. Schumer has absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain this time by just not budging period--there's no DACA kids being held hostage, and it's not even a full shutdown, just DHS and a couple other agencies. Plus, he's got Trump on camera owning any potential shutdown.

If Schumer agrees to this deal he should be fired.

Out of a cannon, into the sun.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Dec 18, 2018

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

He already tries to use loving everything as a slush fund, don't do that. for fucks sake.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1075084665684484097

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Maybe it's me, but I think when the judge demands to know why the prosecutor hasn't charged you with treason, your sentencing hearing is going poorly.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Sounds like he's cooling off, but I hope he doesn't walk back all of it otherwise RWM is going to go apeshit.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Yeah Flynn's getting off.

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Are there any sentencing guidelines for this at all or is it 100% up to Sullivan?

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

"So sorry, General. I had just gotten a whiff of my smelling salts and got a little rowdy. You are hereby granted a mega-pardon, which covers all future and past crimes."

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Too Shy Guy posted:

Are there any sentencing guidelines for this at all or is it 100% up to Sullivan?

0-6 months

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

TD is reacting to Flynn

quote:

gently caress. THIS.
-
Despite breaking laws, leftists keep winning on this.
-
Because after his sentencing, HE CAN TALK about the OBAMA ADMINISTRATION !!
-
This whole thing got weird very fast.
First, there’s no way, if mueller thought Flynn could be charged with treason, that he would’ve recommended no jail time to Sullivan.

Sullivan then goes on to tell Flynn that he sold out his country.

Then he tries very hard to convince Flynn to postpone the sentencing again.
This man is NOT acting like the judge that scorched the SC, demanding 302s, etc. This is extremely peculiar and completely out of place.

At this point I have absolute no idea what direction this is going.
-
Ok, I give up. I don’t understand wtf is happening. Let’s just all give up and say Hillary can be President so everyone stops this bullshit
-
Wow Pedes boy were we off on this one! loving not good
-
it sounds like Flynn is going to jail. if Trump does not start to fight this soon i will most likely be getting off the train.
-
I suspect Q was CIA N***** designed to keep us complacent. Well no more Saturday protests in front of fuckfaces home and office
-
As much as I hated the Q nonsense. I have to admit I was hoping that something would happen to save Flynn from a guilty plea. gently caress Q.
-
Looks like Flynn isn't who we thought he was...isn't willing to push back or fight against the corrupt police state....PATHETIC
-
Guess he is just broken and beat down by these demons. Just wants to crawl away.
-
Maybe some one check on his family and make sure they're all safe and accounted for.
-
He has been through hell financially, etc. He probably just wants to get it over with, considering he's not expected to receive much in the way of a prison sentence.
-
must be some epic 3d chess to plee guilty to lying to the FBI
-
This Judge is biased! He is attacking Flynn and calling him a traitor! He is not a good Judge. Everyone stop praising the Judge NOW!
-
gently caress. 😢

Bonus Trump Foundation reaction

quote:

IMO Trump Foundation was used to help win the election because it was needed. It's like a petty misdemeanor compared to the crimes against humanity perpetrated by much larger Foundations.

I'm willing to let Trump off the hook for any financial violations they had to commit to secure a victory. They only did what all the other foundations were doing while the IRS tax-exempt department sat sleeping and rotting.

It's really no different than when my parents give me birthday money and I don't tell the government.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

For anyone who needs to know the exact legal definition of treason from the US constitution:

Article III posted:

Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.

I don't think helping Turkey in exchange for money would count, though you can make a really good case for Russia given they attacked the US during the 2016 election.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1075085362526121985

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

I think it's a bad move either way, but is it possible that Schumer accepted those terms having previously come to a deal with Pelosi that it wouldn't go through the House anyway and Chuck could say "I tried to be bipartisan"? I'm thinking (hoping) that this was at least strategized in some degree.

To be clear, even in that case it's a bad move, because he shouldn't even be agreeing to fund or legitimize any of this poo poo.

It sounds like it was a strategy from before the WH basically gave up on the shut down threat and Schumer just never changed tack.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

He ain't wrong about that.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

a real win for team flynn

https://twitter.com/awprokop/status/1075086219799863298

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

https://twitter.com/ryanjreilly/status/1075086378046763014?s=19

!!!

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

No! I am so goddamn close. Don't loving do this to me!

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Random Stranger posted:

For anyone who needs to know the exact legal definition of treason from the US constitution:

I don't think helping Turkey in exchange for money would count, though you can make a really good case for Russia given they attacked the US during the 2016 election.

No doubt the Turkey actions are incredibly bad, but in regards to the legal definition of treason it couldn't apply. Turkey is an ally. Trying to paint Flynn's action with Turkey as treason could cause some interesting geopolitical repercussions. 100% agree with you about Russia though. Flynn and Stein were both complicit.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Little known fact but the white house grounds count as a Crimes Bonus Zone, worth triple points

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

eke out posted:

he's not talking about russia, he's talking about turkey

https://twitter.com/NickBaumann/status/1075074736022011909

This is George Bush and Iraq during Desert Storm, all over again.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Good sentiment, also good politics. The wall is Trump's signature, he owns it, and if he forces a shutdown over funding then all the blame lands on him.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Flynn team asking judge to delay sentencing, per CNN.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

Why would he be able to delay the sentencing if he’s already used up as a cooperator? Would that imply he has more to tell the SCO or am I reading too much into that?

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Guze posted:

"You sold your country out" is gonna be line everyone other than Fox runs with.

No their headline will be "Former Obama staffer Flynn 'Sold his country out', says judge"

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Random Stranger posted:

I dunno, telling the President not to attack an explicit enemy after you got paid by a third party sounds a lot like giving aid and comfort to said enemy.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Uh oh

https://mobile.twitter.com/awprokop/status/1075086896139767810

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

As per that article, the Corps is generally very good at doing things, but that includes obeying a command to do something dumb. Their superior flood control plan was overruled by the local government.

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice

Starks posted:

Why would he be able to delay the sentencing if he’s already used up as a cooperator? Would that imply he has more to tell the SOC or am I reading too much into that?

Yeah this is my question as well. I thought the reason he was being sentenced at all was because his cooperation was over with. The prosecutor did say he "may" still be helping, but I took that as standard "neither confirm nor deny" stuff.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

quote:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/dec/18/trump-foundation-shutdown-lawsuit

Donald Trump has agreed to shutdown his personal charity, the Trump Foundation, in the wake of a succession of scandals and a looming lawsuit which exposed a “shocking pattern of illegality”.

Trump had used the charity to pay off legal settlements within his business and even to buy a painting of himself to hang in one of his golf clubs.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Judge has delayed sentencing, per CNN. Motherfucker.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1075087276231811074

scopes
Jun 5, 2004

Does this imply Flynn has more beans to spill?

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

Random Stranger posted:

you can make a really good case for Russia given they attacked the US during the 2016 election.

Russia attacked the US?

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

War on Christmas still on

https://twitter.com/dsamuelsohn/status/1075087792953327617?s=19

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

IF it means him ratting out trump more, I am cool with that. The judge makes it sound like he is gonna get jail either way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

NOOOOOO

how much more can Flynn possibly give up? :thunk: