Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Chainsaw man and neolation ftw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Apparently 1.8 GB is "Not Enough Space" for a single 22-page chapter download, though I can still download an entire 300+ page issue of WSJ?

Hoping this is just a bug in the new system, cause otherwise I see no reason to keep subscribing to a service that doesn't let me do the one thing I subscribed to it for.

EDIT: Fiddled with my storage settings and now it works? I'm confused.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Dec 18, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

It has a download limit setting in the app on how much you can download. You can adjust it as you like though

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not sure these prices are sustainable.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I binged most of 7th Garden (Largely because it was the first thing on the list and at 32 chapters it wasn't a massive commitment of time and space) and then I learned that it has been on health haitus for a year and a bit just as things start running headfirst into the endgame.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

It's not like you need two kidneys.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also worth noting you don't have to download chapters anymore! loving what!

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

That’s a lot of W’s.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

ConanThe3rd posted:

Seo needs an editor who will reign his poo poo in with the collective force of a Shin Megami Tensei game’s worth of angry gods.

Everyone should read Hitman, the latest Seo Kouji love triangle between a spiky haired protagonist, long haired serious girl, and Suzuka the fifth.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Nagatoro is back to bless Senpai with her noodly appendages.

I kinda had figured the author had noticed the straight up teasing/bullying chapters are already played out, which is why the friends started getting a bigger push. But nope, she's just loving with him and blushing.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The new Chainsawman made me laugh out loud like an idiot

A massive shift in tone from the first two chapters

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
fire punch was strangely serious for how completely batshit it was, so it never quite worked. i think chainsaw man is much more promising.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Chainsawman is really weird. Fun chapter though.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Testicle demons are going to be a favourite excuse of mine from now on.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
why do they always do this

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I love how his fighting technique for dealing with guys is just repeatedly going for the balls.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm really enjoying Chainsawman.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Jose posted:

why do they always do this

Saw this, didn't even think anything of it. Then go to check my RSS feed, see a new chapter of Jujutsu was translated and I'm right there with you. If you're going to snipe a group, snipe the chapter directly after them.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

oh poo poo i forgot to say thats about jujutsu kaisen lol

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

:yeshaha:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

This Shonen jump app needs a way to bookmark the last chapter you read. And it needs to do landscape display better. Otherwise it’s pretty drat epic. I pray for scanlator death.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sindai posted:

I'm really enjoying Chainsawman.

yea I'm surprised at how much I like it so far

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I started reading Watamote and whoo boy this is a rough read in the early goings

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Pewdiepie posted:

This Shonen jump app needs a way to bookmark the last chapter you read. And it needs to do landscape display better. Otherwise it’s pretty drat epic. I pray for scanlator death.

Honestly if they decided to start serializing existing/finished series on an accelerated schedule and maybe added some of their Mature stuff (cough Dorohedoro and monster cough) I would never look anywhere else

As is there's plenty I want to read but I want moooooore

Edit I'm pleasantly surprised by all of Psyren and Claymore, two things I've meant to read for ages

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Like if now that JoJo 1-3 are released in print (almost, I think there's one more volume of 3 left) they started doing a couple chapters a week of those

Or HxH

That would rule

Fake edit oh gently caress you there's no chapters of one punch man, I HAVE to grab back issues of jump for that

Fucker

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Psyren is very underrated.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

They still have more to add. It’s unlikely there’ll be anything they didn’t once simul pub in a version of Jump but HxH and OPM will be coming

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

EmmyOk posted:

It has a download limit setting in the app on how much you can download. You can adjust it as you like though
Yeah, but I still don't understand why a 300+ page download is fine but a mere 22 pages is somehow over the limit.

And yes, before anyone asks, I did delete the former before downloading the latter.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Yeah, but I still don't understand why a 300+ page download is fine but a mere 22 pages is somehow over the limit.

And yes, before anyone asks, I did delete the former before downloading the latter.

Ya for sure that sounds weird! Still a lot of bugs to work out! Only mentioned it because I found this setting when trying to download Thriller Bark over Halloween 👻

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

kidcoelacanth posted:

I started reading Watamote and whoo boy this is a rough read in the early goings
because of the sheer cringe or because you don't like it

edit: I forgot it doesn't introduce more than like 3 other characters for almost seven volumes lol

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Dec 19, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I really hope shounen jump get the missing chapters up soon

whoever is doing them has replied to a comment on mangadex and is going to do 32 but hasn't done it yet. Idk why you wouldn't start there though

Jose fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 19, 2018

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

edit: I forgot it doesn't introduce more than like 3 other characters for almost seven volumes lol

It's so cringy in the first few volumes in a really painfully relatable way sometimes that I gave up reading it more than once myself. Where it's at currently though it's probably my favorite currently running manga to keep up on.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

The former. Normally these kind of stories just like jump immediately into the road to self-improvement but this has just been a chronicle of human disaster so far. Gonna power through tho

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Tomoko being utterly humiliated in ways that make your skin crawl is pretty much the theme of the series for early volumes but it gets better as she becomes slightly less of a complete wreck and the author realizes that having her play off of more characters helps a lot.

The short version is that Tomoko is a car crash of a human being but she's trying, and everyone else is a wreck too in varying degrees.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Decided to give the first chapter of Hell Warden Higuma a shot since it's the last of the newest batch. Seems pretty boilerplate; might shape up or peter out.

Ne0 was boring (again), so Chainsaw Man's probably the only one of the three to watch.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't watch manga, you read them.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

You don't watch manga, you read them.

I disagree

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013