Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Substandard posted:

It's the 18th, where is my Mesa Prime? Are they going to make us wait until the server reset? I thought it would go up when they did the Fortuna pt. 2 update, but apparently not.

It's live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I can't log in! Is it possible that Mesa Prime is in such demand that the servers are being hammered harder than for the Fortuna launch? :gonk:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

On one hand I should save money

On the other hand

mesa prime

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Wyld Karde posted:

I can't log in! Is it possible that Mesa Prime is in such demand that the servers are being hammered harder than for the Fortuna launch? :gonk:

Look at that booty and reflect upon what you know to be the truth of this world:

Nerds be thirsty

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009

PST posted:

In the spirit of Tennobaum

I've given basic frames away twice before as some frames in this game seem to cause outright despair and loathing for unlucky people, those times were just in response to someone's frustration in goon chat.

I'll be giving away any 1 basic Warframe of the winner's choice.

All you have to do is write a post here on why you hate trying to farm X frame, whoever writes what I think to be the best tale of despair and misery at how you've tried to farm X frame and have just given up in frustration will be gifted that frame, to bring light and delight and a merry Goonmas to you.

I'm expecting Equinox, Ivara, Harrow and Nidus to feature highly here.

But wait, there's more.

Because it's Tennobaum, I'll be giving away a second basic frame, to be given via random selection to anyone who has spoken their tale of RNG Grinching. After picking the tale of ultimate warframe Grinching, I'll come up with some random method of determining the 2nd frame to give away.

Please label your posts with RNG Grinch at the top, for my sanity in trying to find them all.

This will run until the evening of the 22nd (I'm a Brit, so that might be lunchtime or the next day for you), and then i'll decide and randomise on the 23rd.

Happy Tennobaum

I lost my job in 2017 and ended up having to sell my house and move into a place that my father-in-law owns to try and save money while I go back to school. The area we moved to is rural, and the only local ISP with cable/DSL has the end of their service area about 200 feet from where I am. I have satellite internet so unless I join a group through invitation, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be solo, which is not fun most of the time. Often, due to the poo poo connection when I've tried to farm Ivara it won't register that I'm interacting with the terminals, doors, etc. So I had resolved to just back burner that until I finish the program I'm in, get a new job, and move. Flipsixthreehole in game.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Is the chat server working for anyone?

Sinister_Beekeeper
Oct 20, 2012

Fruity20 posted:

RNG Grinch

most open world frames I guess but want i'm interested in getting is perhaps..grauda? The MR-locked farming is pretty much bullshit and I got bigger fish to fry today.

I can run you through the bounties and even give you the gems.

Are you on PC?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bEDwY3S1iA

What animation set does that neat little rifle spin?

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bEDwY3S1iA

What animation set does that neat little rifle spin?

Harrow noble

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

OH GOD THE NEW NIDUS HELMET IM GONNA BARF

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
Chat server downnnn
Wasn't that what was DDoSd last time?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

quote:

Fixed rare case of Orb Vallis Servofish repeatable getting stuck in a specific spot.

uh oh, quick everyone check the riverhead!

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Synthbuttrange posted:

OH GOD THE NEW NIDUS HELMET IM GONNA BARF

:gritin:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Okay, it looks like the fish dont spawn trapped in the rocks anymore and can swim away better so you'll have to aim a little more, but they'll still bunch up.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Do you/can you still use the same spears and mining lasers in Fortuna, or do you have to get new gathering equipment?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Using cetus spears will damage servo fish, get the new electric spear.

The fortuna mining laser is availiable at level 1 and is outright superior to all other mining lasers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Darth Walrus posted:

Do you/can you still use the same spears and mining lasers in Fortuna, or do you have to get new gathering equipment?

the fortuna mining laser is flat out better than the poe laser, and can be used in either location. while you can use the wrong kind of spear on fish, you only get damaged versions so you shouldn't bother.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The second tier Fortuna spear stuns every fish around the target fish. It doesnt actually damage cetus fish so you cant directly fish but if you've hotkeyed different spear types its a way to stop fish from scurrying about in cetus. definitely fiddly tho.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Hey when the hell did they ruin the koppra suit? It was so much cooler before!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The new frame is an Evasion Monk, my absolute favorite type of class.

God I hope it's good and fun.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?

Pikey posted:

FFFuuuuucccckk I'm not old mate yet :(

Now that I finally have the kavat DNA to make a kitty, should I wait until I can land a smeeta imprint from someone or just take the 50% chance??

I can hook you up with Smeeta imprints assuming you keep the cat train going afterwards.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Inzombiac posted:

The new frame is an Evasion Monk, my absolute favorite type of class.

God I hope it's good and fun.

So far he's looking like "better excal" to me, numbers pending

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Pikey posted:

FFFuuuuucccckk I'm not old mate yet :(

Now that I finally have the kavat DNA to make a kitty, should I wait until I can land a smeeta imprint from someone or just take the 50% chance??

I have 56 Kats, paw me IGN Vayan. I'm sure I can hook you up.

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

I lost my job in 2017 and ended up having to sell my house and move into a place that my father-in-law owns to try and save money while I go back to school. The area we moved to is rural, and the only local ISP with cable/DSL has the end of their service area about 200 feet from where I am. I have satellite internet so unless I join a group through invitation, I'm pretty much guaranteed to be solo, which is not fun most of the time. Often, due to the poo poo connection when I've tried to farm Ivara it won't register that I'm interacting with the terminals, doors, etc. So I had resolved to just back burner that until I finish the program I'm in, get a new job, and move. Flipsixthreehole in game.

I had a similar time a few years ago. Earnestly I hope you succeed with school and work your way up to a decent place.

PST posted:

RNG GRINCH
Pick someone else I've got this one.

Xenochrist
Sep 11, 2006

Hey thanks cave adapted! grateful for the slots!

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
RNG GRINCH

I've been playing Warframe for over 800 hours and I still don't have Ivara. I think that speaks for itself.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So what Mesa prime part is in axi relics and what rarity? I wanna know how much I have to hate myself while grinding it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Spudd posted:

So what Mesa prime part is in axi relics and what rarity? I wanna know how much I have to hate myself while grinding it.

The only Axi part is a Common.

hngkong
Nov 19, 2003

PST posted:

I've given basic frames away twice before as some frames in this game seem to cause outright despair and loathing for unlucky people, those times were just in response to someone's frustration in goon chat.

I'll be giving away any 1 basic Warframe of the winner's choice.

All you have to do is write a post here on why you hate trying to farm X frame, whoever writes what I think to be the best tale of despair and misery at how you've tried to farm X frame and have just given up in frustration will be gifted that frame, to bring light and delight and a merry Goonmas to you.

I'm expecting Equinox, Ivara, Harrow and Nidus to feature highly here.

But wait, there's more.

Because it's Tennobaum, I'll be giving away a second basic frame, to be given via random selection to anyone who has spoken their tale of RNG Grinching. After picking the tale of ultimate warframe Grinching, I'll come up with some random method of determining the 2nd frame to give away.

Please label your posts with RNG Grinch at the top, for my sanity in trying to find them all.

This will run until the evening of the 22nd (I'm a Brit, so that might be lunchtime or the next day for you), and then i'll decide and randomise on the 23rd.

Happy Tennobaum

RNG Grinch

I have spent far too long farming for Octavia's Neuroptics. Every run through Derelict Survival is like a knife to my soul, cutting away the joys of life, leaving a withered rotten core. I'm terrified to do Harrow.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Are the mesa relics available from bounties or is this a "gently caress you grind for days in hopes of getting even one relic" sort of deal?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Unless they’ve changed it you can buy relic packs from the syndicates now and you’ll have a chance of getting Mesa relics from them, but otherwise yeah get farmin.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That's a lot of new operator stuff.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

So is it 5Tuna or 8Tuna?

Edit; could someone link patch notes?

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 19, 2018

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Mesa relics drop from ESO and NSO so get slaughtering ons.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
RNG Grinch

I hate invulnerability phases.

I'm not saying they're objectively bad game design; they can be used properly, if they're short, clearly indicated, and if you give the player something to do that is at least as engaging as shooting the boss while the boss is invulnerable.

Tyl Regor not only has invulnerability phases, the adds that he spawns while invulnerable -- that must be defeated to advance -- have invuln phases of their own.

Why DE? What did we do to deserve this?

To top it off, I have farmed five Equinox Night Aspect Neuroptics without getting any single other Night part.

Please free me from bad game design hell.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I like the raptor fight because you can bring whatever poo poo you want and gun it down repeatedly. :v:

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

Seems like a lot of crit chance and toxin. Wonder how much plat I could fetch for this.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

loving lmao at some of these operator hairstyles

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.
Awww poo poo! CaveAdapted, thank you for the slots!

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Shoutouts and a big thanks to the Goon member Slakedmind that just out of nowhere generously gifted Khora to me and another person stuck in the NOS droptable hellpits. That's straight up incredible! What an amazing community.

Venari is adorable and I'll take good care of her :3: mostly by feeding her all my forma since the game won't let me pet her in the orbiter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Good places to farm Mesa Prime relics:

Lith M3 is in T1 Spy missions (20% drop chance from second cache)
Neo M2 and Neo Z2 are in T2 Interception missions (both have a 7.14% chance from rotation B and 16.67% chance from rotation C)
Axi H4 is in T3 Interception missions (12.5% drop chance from rotation B and C)