Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Geostomp posted:

I got stuck in my first play through of Blue for ten minutes because I couldn’t tell that the little mat was the door of my house.

My older brother had the exact same problem, thought it was just him being a doofus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Without mew it's still great to have especially if you play Pokemon go

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I haven’t played in a couple weeks because I’m waiting on a friend who’s going to give me a shiny Charmander, but I still use the Pokeball Plus everyday to level up random Pokemon, and it just feels comforting having one of my Pokemon with me.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Wasnt the bonus candy thing supposee to be today? I'm not getting any extra from catching these not-meltans.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

It is today, but later in the day, I think. Try again in the evening.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Is the only reliable source of shinies people who just play the phone game?

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Crabtree posted:

Is the only reliable source of shinies people who just play the phone game?

The only shinies I've ever caught are on designated Community Day, where a certain Pokemon spawns like crazy almost everywhere. Otherwise I wouldn't say shinies are exceedingly common in PG.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I have a Shiny Flaffy I caught in go and I can't wait til I can use it in a main pokemon game

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

It shouldn't be that rare of an occurrance in Let's Go once you build up a decent chain.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Let’s Go is dead easy for shiny hunting. I have 2 already (Weepingbel, NidoranM). Build up a chain and the game throws shinies at you.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

THE loving MOON posted:

Wasnt the bonus candy thing supposee to be today? I'm not getting any extra from catching these not-meltans.

Sorry buddy. That kicks off at 4pm EST, IIRC.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Nth Doctor posted:

Sorry buddy. That kicks off at 4pm EST, IIRC.

Ah okay, thanks. I was googling around trying to figure out when it started and couldn't find it anywhere

edit: I'm right on the edge with the Pokeball+. If they come out and say that you can at least use it as a controller for gen 8, even if they don't bring back the catching mechanic, I'd really consider it. As it stands I don't have much use for it irt Let's Go since I've basically completed the Pokedex and only need to trade mew back and forth with somebody to get the Pokedex entry.

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 18, 2018

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Let's Go is great for shiny hunting, but you can't really do that in Go since you can't really hunt. On Community Day, you can probably pick up 1-9 shinies depending on how lucky you are, it's a 1/25 chance. But otherwise the shiny chance is 1/450 and that's exasperated by not every Pokemon able to be shiny and random biome spawns. Like I know I'll never get a shiny Larvitar in Go outside of an event, because the shiny chance is so low and they never spawn in my area, so it's a 0% chance unless I happen to find one naturally, which I don't believe has ever happened.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Welp, with two candies to spare I have Melmetal. +Atk -Spd is the way to go for natures, right?

edit: yeah, -spd. He has trash speed even in the best case, and -spd is even a bonus if I ever do a trick room team

Edit: used a premier ball, for the record

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 18, 2018

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Geostomp posted:

I got stuck in my first play through of Blue for ten minutes because I couldn’t tell that the little mat was the door of my house.

haha, you and me both dude, my dad had to calmly show me what to do, it was literally the first videogame id played so it just never occurred to me the blue rectangle was something i could go thru

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I got horribly stuck on entering Saffron City as a child. The guards are thirsty and you're supposed to bring them something, but I didn't know what. I was trying to bring them things like "Guard Spec." because perhaps that's for guards, but it didn't work. I hadn't noticed that those furnishings on the top of the Celadon department stores were vending machines selling drinks...

It's also quite likely that at that point I had never seen a vending machine irl, growing up in a village.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://twitter.com/dbMisadventure/status/1075219144054845440

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Are there any one-chance-only catches in Let's Go like the legendary birds/mewtwo/snorlax in the original games or do you get infinite tries at everything?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I want a cool sandworm pokemon now :saddowns:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Snorlax there are two chances but he ends up roaming cerulean cave rarely if you miss.

Mewtwo, if you fail to catch him, will return if you beat the elite 4 again.

The tree birts can be found very rarely in the sky if you are riding a Charizard, Dragonite, or Aerodactyl after beating the game

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

So I got my games in (Y, Ultra Moon, AS) and I started UM.
I picked the super cute little grass owl buddy, I assume as usual there is no way to get the other starters outside of trading right? I used to like trading (read: blackmailing friends) all starters onto my save and go from there ever after I played Yellow. :3:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can breed your starters now and then pretty easily find a trade in the GTS for one of yours in most cases

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

You can breed your starters now and then pretty easily find a trade in the GTS for one of yours in most cases
Cool, ty :)

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I failed to catch one of the two Snorlax and it appeared again after beating the E4 so I think same applies to any of the legendaries.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

I was just showing someone how I could fly around on my Dragonite when i just ran into another Dragonite just flying around out of no where.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Two questions (which were probably asked before):

1) Do you need the nintendo online subscription to use local wifi connectivity?
2) Can you trade back a pokemon? Like trade a graveler, and have the other person trade you back the resulting golem?

My fiancée and I will be visiting her family over Christmas and her niece and nephew have Let's Go: Pikachu (we have Eevee), so we were hoping to get some trading done.

Plus we need to teach them how to get missingno by bothering that old man or whatever the hell it was.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Eeyo posted:

Two questions (which were probably asked before):

1) Do you need the nintendo online subscription to use local wifi connectivity?
2) Can you trade back a pokemon? Like trade a graveler, and have the other person trade you back the resulting golem?

My fiancée and I will be visiting her family over Christmas and her niece and nephew have Let's Go: Pikachu (we have Eevee), so we were hoping to get some trading done.

Plus we need to teach them how to get missingno by bothering that old man or whatever the hell it was.

You can trade Pokemon back. In Go you could only trade a Pokemon once so you couldn't do temporary trades or Dex entry trades but in Let's Go it's normal.

In Let's Go you can't get Missingno to appear using the old man trick. They are based on Yellow in which the old man Missingno trick was fixed (though there were other ways to get Missingno to appear in Yellow). If you want to show them the old man trick with a Missingno you'll have to use the Virtual Console Red and Blue on the 3DS.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

anyone available to help evolve my haunter into gengar? I'm in UM and idk anyone else who plays this game.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Alder posted:

anyone available to help evolve my haunter into gengar? I'm in UM and idk anyone else who plays this game.

I can in a bit. Are you in the pokegoons discord?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Nth Doctor posted:

I can in a bit. Are you in the pokegoons discord?

No, is there a link? Thanks.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Alder posted:

No, is there a link? Thanks.

I fished it out of the OP cause I wanted to join it myself reading that. :v:
https://discordapp.com/invite/TypXHz7

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In Pokemon Go Tyrogue is supposed to evolve into Hitmonlee, hitmontop, and Hitmonchan depending on which of it's attack, defense, or HP is higher. HP is top, I don't remember which of the other two of which.

However the one I want to evolve has both max defense AND max offense, so what will it evolve to?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

In Pokemon Go Tyrogue is supposed to evolve into Hitmonlee, hitmontop, and Hitmonchan depending on which of it's attack, defense, or HP is higher. HP is top, I don't remember which of the other two of which.

However the one I want to evolve has both max defense AND max offense, so what will it evolve to?

In regular Pokémon, I believe it'll become Top if the ATK and DEF are the same value, so... maybe that?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ah well I ended up evolving it to find out. Hitmonlee. Which is fine I didn't have any of the three. Also it is 15/15/13 with CP 1499 so it's just about the perfect Pokemon for the new battle mode

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

In Go, each of the three stats correlate to an evolution, so top is just higher HP. If the stat is the same it's random. I never found one to evolve, so I was lucky enough to catch my only top in the wild.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Check out this good boy

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

He's pretty drat solid

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
rip project eevee

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

The White Dragon posted:

rip project eevee

They wasted Eevee on Lana, who's never going to show up again, so it makes sense to disband it

It was fun while it lasted though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

What was prpject eevee?