Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Tora can get you 200m gem experience because why not, not sure if that gets increased by quality on gems like empower.

It does!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunsku
May 21, 2006

I'm a bit mixed on the Betrayal mechanic itself, but having skipped Bestiary and Incursion leagues (Incursion is really fun) there's a poo poo ton of fresh stuff for me to do so can't complain. Plus as strictly SSF masochist the new crafting interface and system is so drat sweet.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Any suggestions for best uses of the elder orb? what are the popular choices for it, I've got it and a dozen shaper orbs still on zana to use.

Elder underground sea. Alch div card drops. Good density. Boss is two phases now but w/e.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I kind of wish I'd gone SSF, this seems like a great league for it with all the available options

Maybe I'll do a late-league SSF reboot

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Any suggestions for best uses of the elder orb? what are the popular choices for it, I've got it and a dozen shaper orbs still on zana to use.

Put them on maps you like to run.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

West007 posted:

I got an exalt drop, got this helm enchant in my uber lab ascendancy run. Pretty solid day for an hour of playtime. I looked at trade and there is one helm with this enchant and life + tri res listed at 10ex but has better rolls. Can I actually sell this for a hefty amount? I need to find a replacement to wear first.

Rarity: Rare
Viper Glance
Solaris Circlet
--------
Energy Shield: 57
--------
Requirements:
Level: 68
Str: 55
Dex: 136
Int: 151
--------
Sockets: B B-G R
--------
Item Level: 62
--------
Armageddon Brand Damage Penetrates 12% of Branded Enemy's Fire Resistance
--------
+76 to maximum Life
19% increased Rarity of Items found
+31% to Fire Resistance
+24% to Cold Resistance
+27% to Lightning Resistance
I'd love that helm but don't have the dough.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

I kind of wish I'd gone SSF, this seems like a great league for it with all the available options

Maybe I'll do a late-league SSF reboot

You could always just, you know.

Stop trading.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I get the most out of this game if I limit my trading to buying/selling gear, but progress through the Atlas on my own, and craft with the materials that I've farmed. It takes me long enough that I don't ever run out of things to do.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I just realized why I've been sometimes failing research syndicate missions so quickly.

Map mods effect how quickly the scientists break the research stations, 40% faster attacks/multi projectile/frenzy charges and the stuff broke as soon as the syndicate members popped in.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You could always just, you know.

Stop trading.

If I had any willpower I probably wouldn't have 3000 hours poured into this fuckin game

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009
How can I tell when I’m ready for Syndicate Mastermind/Breachstone/Pale Court/Uber Atziri/anything else where failure is really expensive?

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
What makes Cartographer Chisels so much more valuable than the prophecy that lets you +20% a map with one chisel?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

500 good dogs posted:

What makes Cartographer Chisels so much more valuable than the prophecy that lets you +20% a map with one chisel?

yeah, i dont get it either

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Your Brain on Hugs posted:

I'm trying to figure out which clarity watcher's eye mod would be the best defensively for my Tinkerskin EB MOM setup.

I'm thinking Chance to recover % max mana on using skill would be the best?

But also extra % damage from mana before life, and % damage taken gained as mana over 4 seconds seem like they'd be good, any ideas on how to know which would be best?

The chance to recover mod triggers on every trap, it's really really good.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

500 good dogs posted:

It's really annoying to buy 100 of a stupid prophecy, and far less annoying to just buy a few hundred chisels.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Cinara posted:

It's really annoying to buy 100 of a stupid prophecy, and far less annoying to just buy a few hundred chisels.

I guess that makes sense but I'm just surprised to see it be like a 5x difference.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Cinara posted:

100 of a stupid prophecy is probably annoying but being a cheaper buy than 1900 chisels is appealing

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
So I'm about to level a fresh Jugg up. What's the levelling gear of today? I've got a goldrim and a skin of the loyal, but what else?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ruzihm posted:

100 of a stupid prophecy is probably annoying but being a cheaper buy than 1900 chisels is appealing

It would be appealing if it was a limited action, but when I map hard I go through maybe 500-1000 chisels (equivalent to 100-200 prophecies) per day. That would be a nightmare to manage, never mind actually finding people to sell them.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Cynic Jester posted:

So I'm about to level a fresh Jugg up. What's the levelling gear of today? I've got a goldrim and a skin of the loyal, but what else?

Wanderlust/Seven League/Hooves spring to mind.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cynic Jester posted:

goldrim, wanderlust, lochtonial caress, syndicated flat damage rings, meginords girdle, karui ward, 2xscreaming eagle

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

TheRat posted:

It would be appealing if it was a limited action, but when I map hard I go through maybe 500-1000 chisels (equivalent to 100-200 prophecies) per day. That would be a nightmare to manage, never mind actually finding people to sell them.

okay, that's fair :kiddo:

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Also, prophecies don't stack, and there isn't a currency slot dedicated to them.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Waiting to start my PoE play session tonight until they push the patch live.. I want to upgrade my neglected delve stuff for cheap!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone really cranked up the gem levels in brand recall? Leaving gem corruption out of it for now, I wonder how the spell damage and craftable rare mods on a shield plus a +3 unset ring compare to say running a magna eclipsis and empower for ~lvl 12 recall.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
There's a screen shot of a level 7 recall hovering around out there, I think. Popped up to like 110% cooldown reduction, which effectively lets you keep your brands going indefinitely since each cast is adding more time than is lost.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm doing a crit-heavy elementalist storm brand build, and I've never done a crit build before. How much crit chance should I be aiming for?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/norseman21/characters

norse has been playing crit storm brand; you can put his character into PoB and try to mimic i t

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Speaking of guides, people illustrating their builds for this league would not be amiss.

I know some people are doing Cool poo poo, and that's something I'd like to see.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

If you have movie oni garoshi molten strike will take you straight through to whatever you want to do

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Can I get 5 choas for this?

Glyph Weaver
Crystal Sceptre
--------
One Handed Mace
Physical Damage: 35-52
Elemental Damage: 18-35 (augmented), 2-93 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.25
Weapon Range: 9
--------
Requirements:
Level: 41
Str: 59
Int: 85
--------
Sockets: R-R-B
--------
Item Level: 44
--------
30% increased Elemental Damage
--------
Adds 18 to 35 Cold Damage
Adds 2 to 93 Lightning Damage
+25% to Cold Resistance
+29% to Lightning Resistance
6% chance to Ignite
--------

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Salt Fish posted:

Glyph Weaver
Crystal Sceptre
--------
One Handed Mace
Physical Damage: 35-52
Elemental Damage: 18-35 (augmented), 2-93 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.50%
Attacks per Second: 1.25
Weapon Range: 9
--------
Requirements:
Level: 41
Str: 59
Int: 85
--------
Sockets: R-R-B
--------
Item Level: 44
--------
30% increased Elemental Damage
--------
Adds 18 to 35 Cold Damage
Adds 2 to 93 Lightning Damage
+25% to Cold Resistance
+29% to Lightning Resistance
6% chance to Ignite
--------

No

No one wants both mediocre elemental damage on attacks plus resists on their weapon

At level 44

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
no

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You can get whatever the town vendor gives you

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Salt Fish posted:

Important note: If a weapon says "Adds x elemental damage" it only adds that when you hit something with the weapon, using a normal attack or skill. It will not add that damage to a spell. Had it said "Adds x elemental damage to spells" you might have had something, but people generally want at least 2, preferably more, damage modifiers on their weapon.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

CommunityEdition posted:

How can I tell when I’m ready for Syndicate Mastermind/Breachstone/Pale Court/Uber Atziri/anything else where failure is really expensive?

You try it and if you can't do it you bribe someone in guild to do it.

Carrion Luggage
Nov 24, 2006

Rather than asking if things are worth X

You can use https://github.com/POE-TradeMacro/

Once installed, with autohotkey, you can use the new short cut, Crtl D, while hovering over the item and it will show a box of current matching items on the market OR a window will open that shows an estimate based on an algorithm.

Do not take the estimates as facts but it does help you learn which mods belong on which items.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Carrion Luggage posted:

Once installed, with autohotkey, you can use the new short cut, Crtl D, while hovering over the item and it will show a box of current matching items on the market OR a window will open that shows an estimate based on an algorithm.

Do not take the estimates as facts but it does help you learn which mods belong on which items.

Please dont ever tell newbies to use that piece of crap to evaluate the value of a rare item

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Carrion Luggage posted:

Keep in mind that this absolutely cannot price rares accurately at all, you would be more accurate just making up a number.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea the ctrl-d command is poo poo, but ctrl-alt-d on the other hand allows for a much better quick pricing on basic items, especially uniques with variable rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

on the topic of price checks any goons want to give me a quick one for this?

reddit thread said it wasn't great because it didn't have attack speed but similar items range from 9-40c