Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Bakanogami posted:

Blew all my JP quartz trying to get Ruler Martha and got exactly jack poo poo. They better not have any good banners for New Years.
Narrator: They did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
False rumors and baseless speculation alone managed to get talk of a Merlin banner up to #2 trending on Japan twitter. Best of luck on your NA rolls.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Bakanogami posted:

False rumors and baseless speculation alone managed to get talk of a Merlin banner up to #2 trending on Japan twitter. Best of luck on your NA rolls.

Proto Merlin with the exact same skillset would print money to an extent that would make even DW blush.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Don't you hold out on us with playable Old Li Shuwen, DW.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Can someone who is not illiterate like me tell me wtf Benkei did to Ushi?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hosed up that we got double decker instead of this

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tired Moritz posted:

Can someone who is not illiterate like me tell me wtf Benkei did to Ushi?

He used the cutscene version of his Noble Phantasm "Pilgrimage of the 500 Arhat" on her, burning away Tiamat's Authority and dragging the two of them off into Nirvana, a state of nonexistence. It's a wee bit more broken than the actual gameplay version, which just has a chance to stun the target for one turn.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah and it pisses me off. Benkei could have been better than the trash we got.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
First gen issue.

Also instant death sucks in the mechanic.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, finished off Babylonia last night, and I have to say it's probably my favorite one so far, with Camelot coming in a real close second.

The only fights I had to restart were with the two last Ushi-Alter fights. gently caress that 'six instant NP' battle in particular. And, honestly, who didn't choose Oh Hell Yes when Hassan came down?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

It was, for a change, super nice to use a Berzerker without worrying about class advantage.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

He used the cutscene version of his Noble Phantasm "Pilgrimage of the 500 Arhat" on her, burning away Tiamat's Authority and dragging the two of them off into Nirvana, a state of nonexistence. It's a wee bit more broken than the actual gameplay version, which just has a chance to stun the target for one turn.

I feel like it's less 'it's super broken and our version is weaker' and more 'Benkei could totally do that but normally uses a version that doesn't unsummon himself for obvious reasons'

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Gloomy Rube posted:

that doesn't unsummon himself for obvious reasons'
You say that, but Arash...

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Gloomy Rube posted:

I feel like it's less 'it's super broken and our version is weaker' and more 'Benkei could totally do that but normally uses a version that doesn't unsummon himself for obvious reasons'

I think it's also important to say that bringing peace of mind to one's master who has been consumed by worldly ills is probably the ideal use case for this kind of np. I assume most people wouldn't be quite as ready to be led to Nirvana by Benkei in the first place.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Nyaa posted:

You say that, but Arash...

Well, depending on just how hardcore the NP is, it could make it impossible for Benkei to return to Chaldea once used (and we'd have to resummon him), hence him not using it. Any NP that just causes the "death" of the user is not a huge inconvenience, the heroic spirits we summon anchor themselves to Chaldea and are capable of returning, even after dying. At least, I'll choose to believe that's why Benkei doesn't use that version of his NP.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gloomy Rube posted:

I thought it was more that our Benkei is an imposter, so his version of 500 Ardhat is a weak copy. Until it got powered up by his Anime Resolve kicking in, in this case, his determination not to abandon Ushi again.

E: Am I crazy or has Mata Hari not shown up in any singularities thus far? I was stoked to see Leonidas and Benkei doing stuff this time, but the Bronze Bois need more love.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Don't forget that Camelot made Sanzang's NP a suicide NP too, except she also did basically no fighting in the entire singularity.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Vengarr posted:

E: Am I crazy or has Mata Hari not shown up in any singularities thus far? I was stoked to see Leonidas and Benkei doing stuff this time, but the Bronze Bois need more love.
She's shown up briefly in a few events, but yeah she's never properly appeared in a singularity.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Vengarr posted:

shes in rome for a hot minute im pretty sure? but she actually in-in salem

getting use out of old neglected characters is a thing that keeps happening in the game up to even the modern stuff (we just had a chapter in jp where freaking jing ke got a ton of focus) so most people will probably be used eventually, which is nice

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

If I were to pick a hench-Servant for the final boss, it would not have been Ushiwakamaru. I mean, it worked okay, but not who I might have personally selected. (Sidenote: I hope when the MC got back to Chaldea gave 'their' version of that Heroic Spirit a hug or something.)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

headpats

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
ushi and i have a 1:1 headpats to heads exchange program

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

shes in rome for a hot minute im pretty sure? but she actually in-in salem

getting use out of old neglected characters is a thing that keeps happening in the game up to even the modern stuff (we just had a chapter in jp where freaking jing ke got a ton of focus) so most people will probably be used eventually, which is nice

Spartacus too.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Main Paineframe posted:

Don't forget that Camelot made Sanzang's NP a suicide NP too, except she also did basically no fighting in the entire singularity.

Actually it didn't! :eng101: Xuanzang actually has a second NP called "Prophecy of Future Enlightenment - Buddha of Sandalwood Merit" that powers her up for a period of time at the cost of destroying her Saint Graph and killing her when it ends!

...Or at least, I assume that's what's supposed to have happened. I don't remember that scene and don't feel like going through all the cutscenes just to find her death.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maybe less than half of the people remember that Septem was lowkey also a chinese singularity between Jing Ke, Lu Bu, and Waver.

Because Septem was so bad.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Tae posted:

Maybe less than half of the people remember that Septem was lowkey also a chinese singularity between Jing Ke, Lu Bu, and Waver.

Because Septem was so bad.

Septem? I barely even knew 'em!
:downsrim:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/1075523240880156673

:toot:

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

serefin99 posted:

Actually it didn't! :eng101: Xuanzang actually has a second NP called "Prophecy of Future Enlightenment - Buddha of Sandalwood Merit" that powers her up for a period of time at the cost of destroying her Saint Graph and killing her when it ends!

...Or at least, I assume that's what's supposed to have happened. I don't remember that scene and don't feel like going through all the cutscenes just to find her death.

quote:

Prophecy of Future Enlightenment – Buddha of Sandalwood Merit
Type: Prophecy of Future Enlightenment
Range: —
Maximum Number of Targets: Herself

It is “Xuanzang Sanzang as a kind of Buddha in the future” as prophesized in the final stage of “Journey to the West”; in other words, a Noble Phantasm derived from the Buddha of Sandalwood Merit. The whole body of Xuanzang is wrapped in an aureole, and she temporarily attains a limited Buddha Mode. She can repel most attacks in this mode, and although her attack power is not even that much, she has high resilience by further being able to repel mental interferences and push aside abnormal status attacks in addition to keeping up a large recovery ability continuously around her own position. However, after using this, her entire Saint Graph will be destroyed and Xuanzang will disappear.
(Because Buddhas don't have earthly attachments, y'see)

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So when do we get the Luchador mask costume change for Ruler Martha

It's in the files now don't leave us hanging

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So I misunderstood the raid mechanics behind the Solomon bosses. It's not that we're taking off life from an overall boss HP everytime we kill a pillar, it's that a point of health is being deducted from the overall health bar everytime we slay a pillar. Or in other words, everytime a pillar is defeated, 1 point of health gets reduced from the overall boss bar, it's not that 700k damage gets done to the overall 2 mil HP. Or to put it another, in Barbatos' case, we overall need 2 million kills on him to fully slay him. So it's not like the Rashomon raid at all, I was misunderstanding it. So I probably will be able to get a good night's sleep and still get some farming in before he's down.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Bakanogami posted:

When can I use Santam :argh:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Just a reminder to everyone who hasn't finished Babylon yet: you have just over 24 hours left before the maintenance begins and you miss out on the 30 saint quartz.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Bakanogami posted:

I hope the next summer is spent wrestling in the Mexican desert :allears:

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Next Summer should have Cocktail Fighter Jing Ke, Summer Mistress Carmilla and all the summer boys they keep teasing, where's the goddamn Hawaiian shirt Cu you cowards

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
After the introduction of costumes for guys, I've given up on actual male summer Servants.

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
The internet is telling me that my best way to summon Merlin is to do singles over 10 pulls, but is this really something a human does? Can one man push that summon button that many times before succumbing to the salt?

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The internet is dumb. Summon however you like, the odds are the same.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the math is that the odds on 10 rolls are never worse than single pulls, and that as you do more pulls the odds on 10 pulls slowly get better. there is no reason to do individual pulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

a single pull got me jalter. math is for nerds