Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

barclay is pretty great tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Oh I know, bad phrasing on my side. Data could run the Enterprise.

Encounter at Farpoint mostly holds up, until you hit the space jelly fish, rest of it is quite good and Q is perfect.

You see so many TOS ques in the early eps, but season 1 of TNG is a lot better than season 3 of TOS even though it gets pretty wacky at points.

I've only seen most of these eps through syndication alone so seeing them in order and in HD is pretty fun.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Dec 18, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Blistex posted:

I honestly don't know how people at Paramount were able to say, "Yes, we should film this, then broadcast it".
cocaine is a helluva drug

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

numberoneposter posted:

Oh I know, bad phrasing on my side. Data could run the Enterprise.

Encounter at Farpoint mostly holds up, until you hit the space jelly fish, rest of it is quite good and Q is perfect.

You see so many TOS ques in the early eps, but season 1 of TNG is a lot better than season 3 of TOS even though it gets pretty wacky at points.

I've only seen most of these eps through syndication alone so seeing them in order and in HD is pretty fun.

I'm a TNG Season 1 enthusiast, and these are the reasons why. It's wacky and it feels like classic TOS. Q, the Traveler, Armus, energy whips, and living crystals. It's fun stuff.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

I don't know if this Imgur post is the source, but I just saw this in a random collection and thought y'all would enjoy it:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

mojo1701a posted:

I don't know if this Imgur post is the source, but I just saw this in a random collection and thought y'all would enjoy it:

I would rather have this than the Picard show

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'm a TNG Season 1 enthusiast, and these are the reasons why. It's wacky and it feels like classic TOS. Q, the Traveler, Armus, energy whips, and living crystals. It's fun stuff.

There is something distinctly weird about season 1 that makes it worth watching. I’d never call it good, but it’s completely different from every season that came after and it’s fascinating to see how the show evolved. Parts of season 2 are like that as well.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Iron Crowned posted:

:agreed:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

a show about shran starting a war with another species over a series of relatively minor misunderstandings would very much be my jam, especially if done in an always sunny / curb your enthusiasm style

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Iron Crowned posted:

:same:

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There is something distinctly weird about season 1 that makes it worth watching. I’d never call it good, but it’s completely different from every season that came after and it’s fascinating to see how the show evolved. Parts of season 2 are like that as well.

I'd take season 1 over season 7 any day.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
I want a show that follows Garak as he travels back in time to hang out with Shran

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

I'd take season 1 over season 7 any day.

I've almost finished season 7 now and I had no idea Crusher banging the candle, and the sun god multiple personalities episodes weren't from season 1. It has some real stinkers.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Blistex posted:

I honestly don't know how people at Paramount were able to say, "Yes, we should film this, then broadcast it".

IIRC the script didn't make them all black. A patriarchal society with matrilineal inheritance could be interesting. There have been a few RL societies with matrilineal inheritance.

If they hadn't chosen ethnically homogeneous actors to play them it probably would have been an unremarkable episode, so it's easy to see how the script got approved. The story isn't inherently racist until it turns out the aliens are just black people.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Man, what if that had kept happening? Just planet after planet of disgusting racial caricatures.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Brawnfire posted:

Man, what if that had kept happening? Just planet after planet of disgusting racial caricatures.

please don't talk about the Ferengi like that.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

The best part of Code of Honor is that Yar's adversary is named "Yareena"

lol

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Brawnfire posted:

Sir, this is not the Star Wars thread.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Blistex posted:

Sir, this is not the Star Wars thread.

:pusheen:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My dream episode is an episode where the Dominion tries to clandestinely take over parts of Deep Space 9 in order to sabotage the station and allow free reign for Jem'Hadar ships to flow through, and they do so by bribing several FCA members to help them pull a hostile takeover of Quark's.

However they snub one specific member, causing Brunt, FCA, to team up with Quark to stop them. Rom joins in because he's a force of Good, and Nog happens to be on the station and it's his Starfleet Duty to help. The final member is Garak, who says he enjoys the atmosphere so much he can't BEAR to lose the bar, and it has nothing to do with the occupation of Cardassia.

The episode culminates in one final Smug-Off between the Quark's Bar team and Weyoun fuckin 69 or whatever and his Jem'Hadar crew, and in the end Odo just shoots Weyoun because frankly I already came once Garak showed up

Roll credits thanks for watching

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
was looking for a good video of one of my favorite scenes and found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taun7GEMPfs

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

mods changed my name posted:

was looking for a good video of one of my favorite scenes and found this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taun7GEMPfs

lol

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wow mulgrew is a much better actor than i thought

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Mulgrew is an excellent actress. The only thing to do with Janeway's character as written was to play it bipolar. That's also the only way to explain why her hairstyle changed every week for the first few seasons.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

I don't know where you got this from or what you used but we 100% have to get a bot or whatever to recognise the emotion in Janeway's face when she orders the execution of Tuvix

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

i want this image analysed immediately

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tricky D posted:

Mulgrew is an excellent actress. The only thing to do with Janeway's character as written was to play it bipolar. That's also the only way to explain why her hairstyle changed every week for the first few seasons.

well, she's a member of the voyager cast and there isn't any contempt or sadness visible. hiding that takes skill!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

.00001 contemplating shattering your world with information beyond your ken

.9999 graciously allowing you to hold onto your illusions of how the world works

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Cardassians should have blue tongues.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Cardassians should have blue tongues.

A blue, spoon-shaped concavity in a tongue textured like a stocking full of aquarium gravel.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I tried, but it has trouble picking up nonhuman faces.

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/cognitive-services/emotion/

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Failed to resist the siren song of rewatching Deep Space 9 again :cripes: Emissary is real good for a first episode, but god drat they didn't figure out Odo's look yet

Also I adore that one of the first things Sisko does on the station is blackmail Quark :allears: Sisko's the loving best

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

This is fun.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Danaru posted:

Failed to resist the siren song of rewatching Deep Space 9 again :cripes: Emissary is real good for a first episode, but god drat they didn't figure out Odo's look yet

Also I adore that one of the first things Sisko does on the station is blackmail Quark :allears: Sisko's the loving best

I like that look, it's a little more subtle with the "Odo can't exactly get faces" thing, like he obviously just has trouble fine-tuning the ear and nose detailing.

I suspect they switched the look we're familiar with because it was easier for some reason.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

This thing's racist as hell :mad: either that or it tried to calculate smugness and hit an integer overflow

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!