Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

I hope something happens soon.

I mean, in regards to Star Wars in general, there's a persistent (though un-verified) rumor that we're getting a IX teaser next week.

Talking Resistance, they've gone on record saying that the end of the season runs concurrent with TFA so something most definitely will happen in the show's timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Cross-Section posted:

I mean, in regards to Star Wars in general, there's a persistent (though un-verified) rumor that we're getting a IX teaser next week.

Seems very early to me.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Incredibly early. They're still shooting the thing.

In the unlikely event we get anything, it'll probably be something on the level of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opfJIo__ANQ

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
If we get anything, it’ll just be a title reveal. However, a lot of the recent speculation hinges on some kind of recently announced Disney tv special promising new info, but it’s almost certainly about Galaxy’s Edge at Disneyland/World, and not IX.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The original TFA teaser trailer was something like 1 minute and 30 seconds long. If anything, it'll be like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erLk59H86ww

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I haven't revisited that teaser in years (it's kind of weird that we can already say "years" when reckoning time since Star Wars movies started getting made again) and I'm surprised Harrison Ford going, "Chewie, we're home!" wasn't on the end of it. I was sure that was from the first trailer because I believe that that one shot, more than anything else, was what really sold the movie.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Wheat Loaf posted:

I haven't revisited that teaser in years (it's kind of weird that we can already say "years" when reckoning time since Star Wars movies started getting made again) and I'm surprised Harrison Ford going, "Chewie, we're home!" wasn't on the end of it. I was sure that was from the first trailer because I believe that that one shot, more than anything else, was what really sold the movie.

That was at the end of the trailer shown at Celebration that year. Because they wanted the video of the crowd going bonkers over it to go viral.

This was indeed the first teaser and “ended” (before the Falcon money shot) with the triple bladed lightsaber. Just like the first teaser for TPM showed the double bladed saber. And the first teaser for original Star Wars showed Obi-Wan and the single bladed saber. It’s a whole thing, if maybe just by coincidence.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The weird thing about having TFA and TLJ happening within hours or days of each other means that Resistance will have Hosian Prime being Starkilled but then Starkiller being destroyed, then the stuff with the Raddus and the Sumperacy happening off somewhere while Kaz goofs around.

Speaking of Raddus, I hope he's in the Cassian Series.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
New Mandalorian character spoilers:

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/12/classic-star-wars-bounty-hunters-will-appear-in-star-wars-the-mandalorian/

Happy about this.

I was kind of wondering if one of the many cast members was in actuality going to be someone we had seen before, wonder if that might be happening with one of these. Dengar was played by Simon Pegg in The Clone Wars, so I would guess they would go with another British person to play him in live action. But man, Nick Nolte doesn't look that far off from Dengar nowadays...

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Good to see ig88 survived turning into the death star 2 right as it blew up

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Teek posted:

New Mandalorian character spoilers:

https://makingstarwars.net/2018/12/classic-star-wars-bounty-hunters-will-appear-in-star-wars-the-mandalorian/

Happy about this.

I was kind of wondering if one of the many cast members was in actuality going to be someone we had seen before, wonder if that might be happening with one of these. Dengar was played by Simon Pegg in The Clone Wars, so I would guess they would go with another British person to play him in live action. But man, Nick Nolte doesn't look that far off from Dengar nowadays...

Dengar that mummy gently caress! (My inner nerd hopes his wife figures into it)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Man Maybe the Cassian series will also give us a live action Doctor Alpra. I was hoping to see her in Rebels, and there's little chance we'd see her in Resistance.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I just want Triple Zero and BT-1, because that's the closest we'll ever get to Creepio and Fartoo.

I demand a Singularity Engine.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Gonz posted:

I just want Triple Zero and BT-1, because that's the closest we'll ever get to Creepio and Fartoo.

I want a jedi surprise party.....

SURPRISE BITCHES!

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Gonz posted:

Tree world, we go hard.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Burning_Monk posted:

Tree world, we go hard.

People would go bonkers for Laser Moon and their various family entertainment centers.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

bunnyofdoom posted:

Shut up, Dengar

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bunnyofdoom posted:

I hope they have Dengar and Manaroos wedding where boba fett is the best man.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

banned from Starbucks posted:

Ideally they'll keep the thing from that story where Boba Fett has a straw which extends from under his helmet so he can drink without having to take his mask off.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Nick Nolte’s playing an ugnaught!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Cross-Section posted:

Nick Nolte’s playing an ugnaught!

That's, um...what?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

banned from Starbucks posted:

Exactly what I was hoping. Also his overpowered toilet seat ship

Edit: That's an onion like site right on that Nolte news?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

bunnyofdoom posted:

Making Star Wars is not an Onion like site, and is probably the most reliable Star Wars spoiler news sites around.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Exactly what I was hoping. Also his overpowered toilet seat ship

Nope, MakingStarWars is probably the best news site when it comes to accuracy of leaks.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

thrawn527 posted:

That's, um...what?

Terba!

Tomtrek
Feb 5, 2006

I've had people walk out on me before, but not when I was being so charming.

Looks like The Mandolorian will be scored by Ludwig Göransson, who recently did the music for Blank Panther and Venom.

https://www.starwars.com/news/ludwig-goransson-to-compose-score-for-the-mandalorian

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Merry IG88mas, y'all

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-KyLQujQA

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
We did Wookiee Life Day today

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Filoni dropped a sick drawing, too

https://twitter.com/dave_filoni/status/1077613666164326401?s=19

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Can't wait to get back to the one true star wars character

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
This is neat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ako9KDsBG3c

Also, Rebels ended this year. It feels longer than that.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Yes, but now YouTube wants me to watch a video called "SJW KATHLEEN KENNEDY DOES IT AGAIN".

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Wheat Loaf posted:

Yes, but now YouTube wants me to watch a video called "SJW KATHLEEN KENNEDY DOES IT AGAIN".

Click the three dots next to the video title, select "Not Interested," then click on "Tell Us Why" and select "I don't like this video" and "I'm not interested in this channel." Problem solved.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Slayer posted:

Click the three dots next to the video title, select "Not Interested," then click on "Tell Us Why" and select "I don't like this video" and "I'm not interested in this channel." Problem solved.

Hmm. I'm only getting "Report" and "Add Translations" when I do that.

I have my YouTube search/view history tracking switched off and in the past that stopped YouTube from recommending me videos. I'm not sure why they seem to have come back.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

drunkill posted:

Yeah. Holy poo poo.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

drunkill posted:

This is neat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ako9KDsBG3c

Yea this was a really good summery of the year in Star Wars. And yea, it feels like Rebels ended in 2017.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/MakingStarWars/status/1079974773805834240

:eyepop:

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jan 1, 2019

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7Pls-vYWwM

Guess we're rolling right into TFA.

Also, the show's been renewed for a 2nd season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Guess that Starkiller speech stuff will be near the end of the season. Season 2 will pick up afterwards and start tying into TLJ and the even post-TLJ content. Could easily see the season 2's first half be a fight to throw off the First Order, semi-succeeding in the mid-season finale. Then picking up back in the mid-season premiere with the post-Crait resistance arriving.

The hypothetical seasons 3 and 4 could then be a bridge to Episode 9.