Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should there be a poll?
This poll is closed.
Yes 125 49.02%
No 130 50.98%
Total: 255 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

everythingWasBees posted:

also wtf is queer coded

idk i think it's a kingdom hearts

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
DTB was so good. Gonna go listen to the soundtrack now I guess

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Devilman Crybaby made me cry like poo poo and I can still see the scene in the penultimate episode when I close my eyes

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Same except the final fight of Dragonball super

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

how many things actually have good relationship writing? feels like most actually written pairings are stuff nobody especially likes over unexplored dynamics people find more interesting

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Phantasium posted:

idk i think it's a kingdom hearts

a fine avatar!

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Motto posted:

how many things actually have good relationship writing? feels like most actually written pairings are stuff nobody especially likes over unexplored dynamics people find more interesting

horimiya
my little monster
any dece shoujo series

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Motto posted:

Spice and Wolf

Really anything where the relationship is an actual main focus and not just a b-plot or whichever member of the harem was chosen to win

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Most good things are based on good relationship writing because relationships are one of the major foundations of human experience

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

sold

e; major thematic parables to my avatar

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Motto posted:

Check out Taisho Otome Otogibanashi.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Motto posted:

In the universe? This season? This year? That's a bit of a vague question, lol

Also the thing with unexplored dynamics is that they, of course, become less interesting as you explore them and narrow their possibility space.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

Hunter x Hunter

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/gematsucom/status/1075256776273080325

New Ys game that NISA will probably badly translate

Kinda of shocked they aren't redoing Ys 5 and instead are doing a new game but I loved 8 so on board

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Motto posted:

vanguard is aoty yet again

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

im sure this seems like a bit but it's legit prob the thing i had the most fun watching this year

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Motto posted:

best written relationship in media history is prosecutor ito x judgeman.exe don't @ me

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i always found it kind of funny that ito had to hack the judgetree, despite being the guy that created and presumably maintains it in the first place

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

I don't know how much is the cold doing the talking here (aside from the splitting headache) but "SA Law" got a genuine chuckle out of me.

It's SA Law!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

RME posted:

i always found it kind of funny that ito had to hack the judgetree, despite being the guy that created and presumably maintains it in the first place

i like that the takeaway at the end of it all from the city government is "drat we're gonna have to spend a lot of time fixing the judge tree" and not "gently caress we're going to have to completely upend the way our legal system functions because we listened to that weird guy who turned out to be a cyber criminal trying to create a system where he could easily manipulate the law and personally sentence people"

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Harsh but fair

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
https://twitter.com/The_Lucbomber/status/1075229999379099648

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

A national TV station here in Malaysia has picked up Goblin Slayer to air on Saturday morning.

Someone's going to get fired.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibblebibble posted:

A national TV station here in Malaysia has picked up Goblin Slayer to air on Saturday morning.

Or, and this is just speculation, getting the promotion of a lifetime! :haw:

It's probably gonna be the walking papers.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ibblebibble posted:

Is Malaysia still trying to turn itself into Saudi Arabia 2.0? Or has the new PM put a stop to that?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

this guy should get beat up every time he appears in a manga to hassle someone imo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

chumbler posted:

I don't know if that checks out.

it extremely checks out :petdog:

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Is Malaysia still trying to turn itself into Saudi Arabia 2.0? Or has the new PM put a stop to that?

I guess it's trying to distance itself from that side of the country's population? It's hard to tell and pretty complex tbh.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
SA 2.0 in what way? Drill more oil to enrich very few people or religious fundie bullshit? Or both??

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

RME
Feb 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i like that the takeaway at the end of it all from the city government is "drat we're gonna have to spend a lot of time fixing the judge tree" and not "gently caress we're going to have to completely upend the way our legal system functions because we listened to that weird guy who turned out to be a cyber criminal trying to create a system where he could easily manipulate the law and personally sentence people"

can't just give up all that spending you put into it!

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6um2-NWdA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwy1I_B6t-Y

Gorf Music.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
drat I didn't know gorf was kenny loggins

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

thats a messina song, the partnership was more split than a real group

they pretty much were just work acquaintances

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Xinder posted:

just a het thing to do with my het friends

I do this with my friends all the time.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Sharkey, new Stravaganza and I have no idea what the story is up t ill now because its been too long and also all the chapters arent on mangadex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

Meme Emulator posted:

I do this with my friends all the time.

You also suck their dicks and nuts.