Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Beastie posted:

Give me squad perks like a mortar or artillery barrage.

Julius CSAR posted:

Yeah, I would really like this. A directable off map artillery strike would be pretty awesome.

Or a heavy bomber carpet bomb strike.

So like, kill streaks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Finger Prince posted:

So like, kill streaks?

we're so close I can feel it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I'd just love to see something mildly similar to the close quarters pigeon-based mortar strikes I could unleash with the assault tank in BF1. Whatever the WWII equivalent of such a thing would be. Obviously no pigeon, though.

EDIT: And extend the cooldown time if need be, because while I loved the assault tank special attack more than anything, if used correctly with WWII tech, someone could become nearly unstoppable in this game.

Gonz fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Dec 18, 2018

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Finger Prince posted:

So like, kill streaks?

Since you can earn the squad points without killing people; no.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

another air strike attack would just be a mid game v1 rocket. the last bit of every map is everyone just hurling v1s from left field. it's kinda lame.

I do like the idea of getting rid of the v1 all together and letting players do smaller artillery strikes at different times during the game.

What if supply drops had weapons in them too? something your squad could all control like a small mortar? puts some gadgets in there.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
That’s not a bad idea. Maybe some sticky bombs for tank treads? Mortars would work, too.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Gonz posted:

That’s not a bad idea. Maybe some sticky bombs for tank treads? Mortars would work, too.

Yeah maybe a recoilless rifle and sticky bombs. Throw a flamethrower option on there.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

"Netcode"!!!

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Any butts online this morning?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Finger Prince posted:

So like, kill streaks?

So like, a commander?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

zooted heh posted:

What if supply drops had weapons in them too? something your squad could all control like a small mortar? puts some gadgets in there.

I like this idea.

Some one fax this over to dice

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Making the supply drop useful would be cool. Maybe not adding in yet another anti tank weapon but other than that.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

The Bananana posted:

I like this idea.

Some one fax this over to dice

... Faxes? Come on, it's 2018 for a few more days... DICE is still using carrier pigeons.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

El Jebus posted:

... Faxes? Come on, it's 2018 for a few more days... DICE is still using carrier pigeons.

Very in character of them for ww2

Are you on?

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

The Bananana posted:

Very in character of them for ww2

Are you on?

Unfortunately I’m not. Just put pants on and I have to get this house together for my in-laws.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Heading on now if you're on ps4.

Edit: camrath_kizuka on psn

Camrath fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Dec 18, 2018

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

FastestGunAlive posted:

Making the supply drop useful would be cool. Maybe not adding in yet another anti tank weapon but other than that.

yeah that's the only drawback. tanks are squishy. you could buff tanks all around or make the gadgets that come out of the box do less damage. I mean don't give them a assault pait or panzer.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

I feel like the best buff to tanks or armor would be increased speed. Ever since BF1 armor has been sluggish and a literal death box. It's why most people use them as artillery.

If they had the speed of the LAV from BF4 they'd be able to cheese away from the whole squad of assaults that just arrived at point X. Speed might not be as realistic as the tanks of the time but it would make them tougher.

Edit: My reasoning is that 90% of the time a tank is standing still. They're hardly mobile enough and the damaged parts really don't help.

Beastie fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 18, 2018

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

They should bring the tank MGs back to what they were in the beta where they just cut through infantry like butter. The turret rotating speed already makes flanking tanks a breeze, at least let them mow down things directly in front of them

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Wait tank machine guns were MORE powerful before??

lol

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Yeah, I really have no issue just shredding dudes with the coax.,

Here's a thread-wide PSA: DO NOT take the slugs in the Auto 12. I went from just totally wrecking dudes, to having ONE kill with it since I took that spec. They're not very accurate and the damage drop off is horrendous. The thought of grinding through two more levels with it to re-spec is really bringing me down

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Julius CSAR posted:

Yeah, I really have no issue just shredding dudes with the coax.,

Here's a thread-wide PSA: DO NOT take the slugs in the Auto 12. I went from just totally wrecking dudes, to having ONE kill with it since I took that spec. They're not very accurate and the damage drop off is horrendous. The thought of grinding through two more levels with it to re-spec is really bringing me down

The extended meg will be worth the grind, trust me

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

Idk I found the vehicles in this game pretty fast. On top of being able to drive over most of the terrain in the game and besides falling off a bridge there's not too much fall damage.

I just can't back up in any of the tanks cuz the joysticks are so drat sensitive when working them. That could be a personal issue.

I clean up a lot of players with the anti Infantry tanks because of smoke. If I got my squad in there the side gunner should be jumping out and mopping them up. The 2 seater Valentine is pretty slick too.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
hi this is car talk with your hosts fritz and franz

roadkills wiht the Universal Carrier are a hoot

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

zooted heh posted:

Idk I found the vehicles in this game pretty fast. On top of being able to drive over most of the terrain in the game and besides falling off a bridge there's not too much fall damage.

I just can't back up in any of the tanks cuz the joysticks are so drat sensitive when working them. That could be a personal issue.

I clean up a lot of players with the anti Infantry tanks because of smoke. If I got my squad in there the side gunner should be jumping out and mopping them up. The 2 seater Valentine is pretty slick too.

Yeah, the Valentine is pretty quick, but it does take a minute to get up to speed. But blasting out across panzerstorm laying waste is loving awesome

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

zooted heh posted:

Throttle control on the sticks feels so weird to me. Try out the veteran vehicle control setting if you’d rather have throttle on the triggers.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Dear EA please make a game that when you decide to quit ACTUALLY QUITS AND DOESNT JUST loving HANG FOREVEr

How the gently caress is that bug around still

WALLGOD
May 3, 2006
WALLS FOR THE WALLGOD

ZeusCannon posted:

Dear EA please make a game that when you decide to quit ACTUALLY QUITS AND DOESNT JUST loving HANG FOREVEr

Lol you might as well wish to win the lottery and see which happens first.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Auxiliary Treats posted:

Throttle control on the sticks feels so weird to me. Try out the veteran vehicle control setting if you’d rather have throttle on the triggers.

It took me some getting used to but I actually like the tank controls. I’ll never switch off legacy sticks on the planes however

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

ZeusCannon posted:

Sometimes,

After a match is over

And theres the "quit" option and the "continue" option

I'll hit "quit"

And before I can confirm the "yes or no?"

The game chooses for me.

It chooses continue.

loving dice.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

God bless the Ribey. I think it's a monster. How long before the nerf?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

zooted heh posted:

God bless the Ribey. I think it's a monster. How long before the nerf?

Did it ever get a nerf in BF1? I remember getting it and liking it more the the Hellrigel, a trash gun for trash players. Somehow that thing went untouched for so long. Part of the reason I stopped playing.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
My favorite tank so far is the Staghound. Tigers just dont know what to do with you as you circle strafe the crap out of them.

I had a guy jump out of his tiger to try to kill us with TNT because he was out of ammo. My brother jumped out of the hound and stole it.

Pubbies will never learn to go down with the ship.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

Beastie posted:

Did it ever get a nerf in BF1?
I'm not sure. it was one of the last guns they released. feels the same after you get the specializations. I thought it shot t0o slow but you can fix that at lvl 3.

zooted heh fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 19, 2018

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Yeah even without the "get out to repair" poo poo I still steal a buttload of tanks

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

swordfish duelist posted:

My favorite tank so far is the Staghound. Tigers just dont know what to do with you as you circle strafe the crap out of them.

I had a guy jump out of his tiger to try to kill us with TNT because he was out of ammo. My brother jumped out of the hound and stole it.

Pubbies will never learn to go down with the ship.

Swaghound is my favorite tank by far. I tend to shoot and scoot at a distance because I haven’t quite mastered the up close circles, finding it tough to shoot while moving, but when it works it’s a great payoff. I use the autocannon, which locks you into the useless supply box instead of getting smoke, but it’s less bad (but not good) at killing infantry than other guns

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

What's your PSN name? Are we already friends and you don't go by The Bananana? I'm gonna get that weapon this evening and it's gonna be fun*.

*If I'm not playing custom Blackout games.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
bananana's name is GhostStalker512 he's in my list

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

Oh, well poo poo. We go way back!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

I’m going to be away from home for a week until the 27th, am I missing out on good gear through the unlock bonuses? I couldn’t get the face mask to save my life, despite dropping a v2 on a house full of mans.