Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

the last office update for Mac enabled dark mode support and of course it does jack poo poo for the email reader so its a black box with a bright white pane in the middle of it glowing at you because why would you bother giving it a proper effort?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/oscaron/status/1073235483440922625

https://twitter.com/oscaron/status/1073356709442269184

https://twitter.com/xlandhenry/status/1073488635297640449

Bjork Bjowlob
Feb 23, 2006
yes that's very hot and i'll deal with it in the morning

Not gonna lie, thought it was an extremely abstract loss edit at first

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Congrats on getting a Macrovirus!

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

how is it that people at microsoft have so little to do that someone actually prioritised loving around with the calculator button layout over literally any other thing they could be doing

mystes
May 31, 2006

Wait you can't even view legacy .doc files without specifically enabling them now?

mystes fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 17, 2018

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Lambert posted:

Congrats on getting a Macrovirus!

it's amazing how effective it seems to be. users are just straight up trained to disable all that poo poo to try to get their documents to work, and somehow when the document itself is telling them to do it, it doesn't raise any red flags.

thankfully all it does in its current incarnation is try to download a payload via powershell, which the AV then blocks

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

mystes posted:

Wait you can't even view legacy .doc files without specifically enabling them now?

:ssh:it's a macro malware vector:ssh:

mystes
May 31, 2006

infernal machines posted:

:ssh:it's a macro malware vector:ssh:
Ah, I don't think I would have been duped if I actually say that inside a word document but it looks pretty convincing.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

using microsoft's legacy of terrible UI decisions and user hostility as an attack vector is pretty clever

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Wheany posted:

i'm writing an llvm backend for tex

:popeye:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Last Chance posted:

using microsoft's legacy of terrible UI decisions and user hostility as an attack vector is pretty clever

it's really effective

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Chalks posted:

how is it that people at microsoft have so little to do that someone actually prioritised loving around with the calculator button layout over literally any other thing they could be doing

I guarantee you some idiot in management made metro for all apps a priority for reasons and pms immediately passed off the changes to a vendor to implement it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Bjork Bjowlob posted:

Not gonna lie, thought it was an extremely abstract loss edit at first

loss of button alignment

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
what is the difference between sharepoint and onedrive

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
sharepoint is a full on document management system. onedrive is a network drive like dropbox.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Metrication posted:

what is the difference between sharepoint and onedrive

ones called sharepoint, the other is called onedrive

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
my only experience with sharepoint is "it sucks"

mystes
May 31, 2006

My Linux Rig posted:

ones called onedrive for business, the other is called onedrive

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

necrotic posted:

my only experience with sharepoint is "it sucks"

that is the only possible experience with sharepoint

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
my idea: shartpoint

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Metrication posted:

my idea: shartpoint

i'm having a hard time imagining how it could be worse

sign my 10k employees up for shartpoint for business. yes i know we just transitioned from dropbox to onedrive for business but damnit we're gonna switch again

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

onedrive for busines is sharepoint online

they're the same thing

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

number two drive

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Sharepoint is real bad, but I’ve legit never seen a Document Management System that wasn’t? I haven’t ever looked that hard so maybe the mythical “Good DMS” is out there somewhere, visiting Jesus with the sock?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Schadenboner posted:

Sharepoint is real bad, but I’ve legit never seen a Document Management System that wasn’t? I haven’t ever looked that hard so maybe the mythical “Good DMS” is out there somewhere, visiting Jesus with the sock?

i think it might be the people using these systems are also bad, or possibly not enough effort is put into them

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
share point is a document graveyard

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

y'know what'd be real cool? just absolutely loving peachy?

if windows would stop resetting default app associations just whenever the gently caress it felt like it. guess what, there's a reason we're not using edge for PDFs, it's because edge loving sucks rear end at rendering PDFs, stop making edge the loving default for PDFs every god drat month

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

if windows would stop resetting default app associations just whenever the gently caress it felt like it. guess what, there's a reason we're not using edge for PDFs, it's because edge loving sucks rear end at rendering PDFs, stop making edge the loving default for PDFs every god drat month

there's an official reason why certain apps (like irfanview) can't keep an association but it's not a good one

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

personally i love it when a GPO and windows' idiot-rear end defaults protection get into a battle for supremacy

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
There was a promleb with the default programs and now photos.microsoftstoreapp will open jpegs. Also edge is the default browser again incidentally

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Is there a way to copy the path of the current file in photos, the app? Because i use it to import photos from the camera and it would be really handy if i could open the photos in affinity photo for editing, as an example

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app setting

An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app setting
An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app setting

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app setting
An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app settingAn app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app setting

we get it, you vape

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Wheany posted:

Is there a way to copy the path of the current file in photos, the app? Because i use it to import photos from the camera and it would be really handy if i could open the photos in affinity photo for editing, as an example

i don't think theres a way to copy the path, but you can right click and open in another app

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

TL;DR

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

was about to ask if microsoft even dogfoods their own poo poo any more since you'd think they'd be as aggravated about it as anyone else, but then i realized that aggressively dogfooding their own poo poo would lead to "well of course i don't run into problems with my defaults being overridden because i just use whatever the microsoft default is! :yayclod:"

there's a part of me that wonders if we eventually get to a point where even most ms and apple devs basically just work out of linux because their products get to be even worse to use than desktop linux

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

https://github.com/Sycnex/Windows10Debloater