Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Prel posted:

Got a pob or profile link? I might want to be a memey spider mom/dad someday.

https://pastebin.com/J9A6EX1R is the skeleton of the build that I'm working from with just the important bits + tree filled in. It's set to level 75 because that's what the spiders are if you want accurate dps outputs. I had a dagger in my stash which is why I tried it but they are apparently like 70c minimum1ex lmao now so I guess it's no longer as cheap to start. Everything else the build uses is very inexpensive except command of the pit which I probably won't need until around red maps anyways for accuracy. Speaker's Wreath is for kill stealing from your spiders since DoT damage counts as your kills so you can keep them topped off on power charges all the time along with onslaught on kill from abyss jewel.

Nothing more than 4 links except viper strike in hungry loop (which I haven't completed yet, so I'm running a bastardized version that shares zombies and viper strike linked together while I level guardian related stuff in weapon swap). Build completely functions from level 53 when you can equip the fang.

When I saw it could generate literally thousands of stacks of poison on something with the spiders and growing agony exists I had to give it a try. The biggest problem I'm dealing with is having 2-3 betrayal guys appear and die all on the same spot making it difficult to click the one I want. General gameplay is mashing shield charge and keeping Witchfire up so I keep profane bloom and malediction going. On bosses, I make 10 corpses on them, shield charge to the guy, weapon swap to mash vaal buttons if necessary (no more skill slot summoner problems), weapon swap back, pop flasks including worm and hit vortex which applies the tri-curse and generates 20 spiders right there. I really do love curse on hit with the new vortex since it's instant cast and gives you a chill to boot.

The spiders are honestly so strong you can kinda do whatever you want with them. Elemental aura shenanigans with EE applied on shield charge would work just as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

zxqv8 posted:

streamereffect.png

yikes. We'll all remember fondly when it was instant vendor trash

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Arboreal hideout unlocks from Terrace maps.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/351277572

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Bugsy posted:

Arboreal hideout unlocks from Terrace maps.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/351277572

I believe there's a full list of them on the Wiki: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Hideout

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

soscannonballs posted:

My streak of birthday luck continues, got an Inpulsa's to drop this morning.

Where did it drop? I'm really new to the game (just started this league) with an Arc Elementalist and I'm told that's a thing I want

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

mp5 posted:

Where did it drop? I'm really new to the game (just started this league) with an Arc Elementalist and I'm told that's a thing I want

Most items do not drop anywhere specific.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

mp5 posted:

Most uniques can drop anywhere that has a high enough level for that unique. The wiki generally will tell you if an item is limited to only certain areas or bosses.

In this case run maps (or things that are level 68+) as fast as you can. And if you have chance orbs then can pickup Sadist Garbs and hit them with a chance orb for a shot at getting either an Inpulsa or a Tinkerskin.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Herewaard posted:

Most uniques can drop anywhere that has a high enough level for that unique. The wiki generally will tell you if an item is limited to only certain areas or bosses.

In this case run maps (or things that are level 68+) as fast as you can. And if you have chance orbs then can pickup Sadist Garbs and hit them with a chance orb for a shot at getting either an Inpulsa or a Tinkerskin.

rad, thanks both of you

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

goon goons, goon my goon--- what affects the maximum unveiling progress that can be achieved? Uh, I took a screenshot but I lost it somehow. Example, you give an item to Jun to unveil. Most of the time, the progress bar goes to the end, but sometimes the progress bar has a maximum limit not at the right end. Why is that?

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

goon goons, goon my goon--- what affects the maximum unveiling progress that can be achieved? Uh, I took a screenshot but I lost it somehow. Example, you give an item to Jun to unveil. Most of the time, the progress bar goes to the end, but sometimes the progress bar has a maximum limit not at the right end. Why is that?

As I understand it:

The veiled mods on the item depend on who you got the item from, certain mods come from certain syndicate members (Vorici will have certain ones, Haku will have others, etc.). I am not sure about the quantity though, but I imagine it has to do with what rank they are. I do know that I've gotten enough veiled mods from some members that I just seem to always get 3 full bars :( Sure it's a free craft on an item but usually not a good one anyway.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Clocks posted:

A build for either brand would be nice! I don't really care, all I know is armageddon is shinier but throwing brands at mobs and watching them explode seems like a pretty fun playstyle. I guess whichever scales best for doing all the things this league. :shobon:

I prefer storm brand because it doesn't have a windup animation, and it hits a lot more targets more often because it's basically rapid fire arc with splash damage. I leveled it with two Axiom Perpetuums as an elementalist, and it was a blast. Gameplay was basically cast a few brands on a pack -> flame dash into the next pack and pop brand recall -> repeat. A little bit of crit goes a long way because storm brand hits so often, you'll basically be freezing and shocking everything. Freezing pulse then lightning spire trap for single target. I also used all three elemental heralds while leveling, though I dropped ash once I got to maps (still thinking of putting it back in but I don't have the gem slots for it).

Here's what my tree looks like at 68: https://pastebin.com/G2cFSJGp

Only issue is it's pretty light on defenses, other than just having a ton of life. It should definitely get you through leveling and at least early maps.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

It's dependent on the level of the mod you've unlocked. My understanding is that it'll always go right the way through the first time you unveil, but for the higher tier versions you'll need to find that mod a couple of times to get the next version up. I believe it also gives more progress for unveiling higher tier instances but I gave up on the syndicate mechanic pretty early so don't quote me on that, I might not have fully got the hang of it.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Unlocking the craft only requires one unveil of it but some crafts also come in higher levels and you will earn progress toward those by unveiling the lower-level equivalents of them.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Ghostlight posted:

Unlocking the craft only requires one unveil of it but some crafts also come in higher levels and you will earn progress toward those by unveiling the lower-level equivalents of them.

This is not always the case, but the exceptions are probably limited to single tier crafts.

Eryxias
Feb 17, 2011

Stay low.

Nuclearmonkee posted:

So I made an arakaali's fang idiot character and holy lmao.

Huh.

So I'm doing a cyclone minion guardian with herald of agony and..whatever those yellow light dude herald is.
This seems like it would be a good weapon to use for that?

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Suprfli6 posted:

I found a 20q Vaal Blade Vortex and want to dick around with it. Is there a particular build that benefits from the Vaal version more than others or is it just another button to press when you need some extra damage for pretty much any build?

I think that BV builds without as strong full-screen clear as Beacon of Ruin and HoI+Inpulsa benefit more. Profane Bloom for Occultist and HoA for Chieftain (or the shaper mod) both go a long way, but it's Beacon of Ruin that takes Elementalist to crazy town. I'd still make Elementalist, was such a fun char.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
E: didn't refresh thread

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Deformed Church posted:

It's dependent on the level of the mod you've unlocked. My understanding is that it'll always go right the way through the first time you unveil, but for the higher tier versions you'll need to find that mod a couple of times to get the next version up. I believe it also gives more progress for unveiling higher tier instances but I gave up on the syndicate mechanic pretty early so don't quote me on that, I might not have fully got the hang of it.

that sounds right, and it's kind of what I assumed, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't gimping myself

here's a graphic depiction

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012
I'm 1100 fusings deep trying to 6L my 46%q armor and have blown through all of my currency. Next league I'm just gonna buy all my 6L again lmao

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Is there still a 1500 fusings Vorici 6-link recipe?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Otacon posted:

Is there still a 1500 fusings Vorici 6-link recipe?

Yes

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Is it found in Delve content?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
There was a goon asking about the Scion Oro-flicker build I'm doing. Here's a PoB link as promised:

https://pastebin.com/hKVzwML1

Doing T8 maps so far without much trouble. Need to upgrade my flasks and most of my gear is trash.

Zephro fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 20, 2018

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.

McFrugal posted:

[golem CWDT] Works fine for me. It's probably not lighting up because the golem itself won't trigger anything when it gets damaged.

Seems right. I could swear it didn't appear when Vorici was kicking my rear end, but maybe it did and he just instagibbed it. The syndicate fights are sometimes a visual mess on the level of Warframe.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

Mordecai posted:

Seems right. I could swear it didn't appear when Vorici was kicking my rear end, but maybe it did and he just instagibbed it. The syndicate fights are sometimes a visual mess on the level of Warframe.

Much like Warframe, the solution is to constantly use movement skills, on the basis that you’re probably dodging something

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Eryxias posted:

Huh.

So I'm doing a cyclone minion guardian with herald of agony and..whatever those yellow light dude herald is.
This seems like it would be a good weapon to use for that?

Minion poisons don't stack virulence. It just works for the purpose of the viper strike threshold gem which cares about the total number of poisons on the target.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
So let's say I'm running red maps now with a pure right click AOE build that's feeling pretty good, but uh, I never picked up a movement skill. I probably want one, right? Do I need to pick one that somehow synergizes with my build, or can I just pick the one that feels laziest to me? Reason I ask is because Zana prompted me with thr unique map that has the unconnected bridges or whatever so I kinda need one at some point. I don't have much mana to spend outside of combat (I'm leech + mana on kill), any tips?

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

500 good dogs posted:

So let's say I'm running red maps now with a pure right click AOE build that's feeling pretty good, but uh, I never picked up a movement skill. I probably want one, right? Do I need to pick one that somehow synergizes with my build, or can I just pick the one that feels laziest to me? Reason I ask is because Zana prompted me with thr unique map that has the unconnected bridges or whatever so I kinda need one at some point. I don't have much mana to spend outside of combat (I'm leech + mana on kill), any tips?

You want one that scales with what you have probably. Attack/move speed whirling blades, shield charge or leap slam are best these are also very useful because they are melee so you can link fortify to them. Flame dash works if you can't use those. Cast speed can use lightning warp though it requires a lot of links to not suck but will work if you can spare them.

If you need to jump gaps and your normal move speed thing can't do it, having flame dash on swap is worth it.

CommunityEdition
May 1, 2009

500 good dogs posted:

Blood Magic for the mana issues. Keep in mind you can use more than one movement skill, if the synergistic one doesn’t cross ledges/gaps

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

The Broletariat posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/thesomberlain/characters

Should default to the right character. If not it's InterrogateLegalAndCool.

Still have some bad gear and haven't redone my gems basically since day 2 of this guy, but it just loving rolls content. 1 shots everything outside of bosses/beasts/syndicate etc. even in extra life t16s.

Haven't tried uber elder yet, I hear the winter orb targeting makes it rough. Shaper deathless, didn't even get hit--being able to channel for a second then dodge for 3 while dpsing is just crazy good.

Man 5.2k hp with just an immortal call setup is sketchy as gently caress. I think I'll have to keep looking

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

500 good dogs posted:

Nuclearmonkee posted:

If you need to jump gaps and your normal move speed thing can't do it, having flame dash on swap is worth it.

This - I use shield-charge as my primary movement skill (+faster attacks +fortify) and keep flame dash in my swap. Been working well.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Current Hopeshredder Status: 3016 fusings at 28q, no 6L.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Vasudus posted:

Current Hopeshredder Status: 3016 fusings at 28q, no 6L.

Sunk cost fallacy. Stop when you 5L it, then save for a 6L and buy one.

Pull yourself out of this nosedive. There will be no satisfaction even if you finally 6l it. Only a hollow place in your soul inhabited by the ghosts of three thousand orbs of fusing.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You can't stop me.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Sunk cost fallacy. Stop when you 5L it, then save for a 6L and buy one.

Pull yourself out of this nosedive. There will be no satisfaction even if you finally 6l it. Only a hollow place in your soul inhabited by the ghosts of three thousand orbs of fusing.

That's not what a sunk cost fallacy is, fusing a 28% hopeshredder is still +EV compared to buying one.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Vasudus posted:

You can't stop me.

Hopeshredder is fated to win this battle

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Whats the deal with some of these mods? For example this item has 38% increased lightning damage, but it doesn't do any lightning damage. Is that mod literally doing nothing? 6% shock - is that mod literally worse than having a blank slot slot?

Rarity: Rare - Vengeance Spire - Omen Wand
--------
Wand
Physical Damage: 36-67 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 9.84% (augmented)
Attacks per Second: 1.20
--------
Requirements - Level: 53 -Int: 200 - Sockets: G-G
--------
Item Level: 58
--------
29% increased Spell Damage
--------
+2 to Level of Socketed Fire Gems
33% increased Physical Damage
38% increased Lightning Damage
23% increased Critical Strike Chance
+10% to Lightning Resistance
+45 to Accuracy Rating
6% chance to Shock
--------
Corrupted

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
The lightning damage is global.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Okay got it, thanks.

Is there a community college class on evaluating yellow items in POE that I can take? I'll keep working on this and maybe I'll check back tomorrow with another item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Have any of you been having absolutely atrocious technical performance since Betrayal came out? I used to have the game run reasonably well and now it gives me 15 FPS and constantly crashes in load screens.