Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
So, there's a bug with sentry wards right now where if they're stacked with obs the range is like 100 units smaller than it should be. Super annoying. Its not just a visual bug either, the detection range is legit smaller

Also, dazzles cdr from his ult affects items, so you get a 45 second CD Midas at lvl 3 ult lol. Maybe we'll see more mid dazzle again

Mortimer Knag fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
So since denials now deny full xp is solo offline now obsolete?

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
BoT with this tp scroll change is such a good buff to rats, drat

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Snazzy Frocks posted:

So since denials now deny full xp is solo offline now obsolete?

You still get 25% of the XP from an enemy denying their creep, they just don't get the XP the denier used to get and get around 10 gold instead. Solo offlane has been dead in the water for awhile now, I don't think this patch has changed that.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Yeah it's very much been that solo offlanes exist only because a tri-lane gets drafted.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
I have like a 10 game winning streak with Dazzle, and they just made him and his items better? :stare:

See ya at TI, folks

Dre2Dee2 fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Nov 21, 2018

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
keeper of the light owns. i won a game with kotl+ techies and its super abusive having almost 0 cooldown on mines and also the capacity to kill every creep wave ever from safety

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007

Dre2Dee2 posted:

I have like a 10 game winning streak with Dazzle, and they just made him and his itmes better? :stare:

See ya at TI, folks

Seriously, try poo poo like midas into necrobook into whatever. 100% uptime on necro units, if anyone tries to teamfight you they get negative armor pretty quick, +200 gold every 45 seconds means you can eventually afford bloodthorn if you want. Dazzle is disgusting.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Abba manta applying avernus stacks is low key the most broken thing about this patch and I will continue to abuse it in my awful 2k mmr matches until it’s nerfed

Phase echo manta and click2win

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

causticBeet posted:

Abba manta applying avernus stacks is low key the most broken thing about this patch and I will continue to abuse it in my awful 2k mmr matches until it’s nerfed

Phase echo manta and click2win

"look at this idiot abbadon building manta, hahaha" - my tombstone

SouljaBoyVEVO
May 19, 2018

From the Ghastly Eyrie, I can see to the ends of the world, and from this vantage point, I declare, with UTTER CERTAINTY, that THIS one is IN. THE BAG.
Reddit seems to be really into "exposing the hypocrisy" of the Chinese Dota community's racism while calling them chinks and seaniggers in the same post. Yikes.

They're also Gamers-rise-up tier bitching about the Chongqing Major and how they're going to boycott it.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Who knew overlooking racism was what was actually holding the whole community together...

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
goddamn i love waiting 30min in queue for someone to abandon or fail to connect which doesnt put you back into high priority queue . gently caress yes. ps gently caress china

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Discord link in the OP is expired.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Playing mid again feels good again. I have been spamming TA and it reminds me of SF from DAC. Pretty easy to shove waves and then go farm the camp that is near your tier 1. Then go back to mid where the wave should just be arriving.

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I've been laning razor a lot and it feels really good. Maxing unstable current first and shoving the wave, than diving like a mad man. Seems to work extremely good against pa/slark. Wraithbands to drums or yasha or diffusal, than euls and/or bkb, than sny/aghs. Finish with butterfly/mkb/shiva/or skaadi and the game is over.

Im just surprised I don't see him ever now. When he was meta he was in every game, now he's in none but mine.

VikingofRock
Aug 24, 2008

Alchenar posted:

Discord link in the OP is expired.

Seconding this—is the discord dead? I've been wanting to get back into DotA because this patch looks pretty fun, and I always had a good time playing with goons in LLJK (yes even TCJimbo).

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

https://discord.gg/hZq7ZpY

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

VikingofRock posted:

(yes even TCJimbo).
You think you did, but those are false memories.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Thanks 7.20 broke me and I'm on a 10 game losing streak and firmly back in the 'lose game because 1 person inevitably rages out and afk's' space

E: also someone has noticed that if you put a moonshard on slardar then he basically gets permabash.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Dec 6, 2018

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Alchenar posted:

Thanks 7.20 broke me and I'm on a 10 game losing streak and firmly back in the 'lose game because 1 person inevitably rages out and afk's' space

E: also someone has noticed that if you put a moonshard on slardar then he basically gets permabash.

yeah you get perm bash around 500 aspd

https://giant.gfycat.com/PopularNextKitten.webm

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
TA is strong as gently caress and no one knows

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

will tcjimbo return to dota now that HotS is dead?

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
That rubick arcana is nice

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Okay I'm pulling my hair out. What would be causing DOTA to crash randomly mid game (sometimes not at all, sometimes multiple times in one game), stop responding but keep the music playing, and need a full system reboot to successfully load up again?

Stable system, well capable of running everything on max with no fps issues. I've fiddled with graphics settings, render api, even done a full clean and reinstall.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Alchenar posted:

Okay I'm pulling my hair out. What would be causing DOTA to crash randomly mid game (sometimes not at all, sometimes multiple times in one game), stop responding but keep the music playing, and need a full system reboot to successfully load up again?

Stable system, well capable of running everything on max with no fps issues. I've fiddled with graphics settings, render api, even done a full clean and reinstall.

Check drivers.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Check drivers.

Yeah, done all that jazz. Latest trick is a very suspicious look at that 'Reborn Beta' I've had installed that should be completely redundant and not there.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I think Ancient is the worst bracket.

I had a 40 minute game where our Doom still didn't have a devoured creep skill.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Cuntellectual posted:

I think Ancient is the worst bracket.

I had a 40 minute game where our Doom still didn't have a devoured creep skill.

I climbed a shitload of MMR this patch and as I've gotten higher the game quality has just gotten worse and worse. Two games ago I had a mid sniper buy a wraith band as his only starting item and no regen. I also have to ban Pudge every game so my teammates don't pick it. I think I'm about ready to call it for this patch, before 7.20 I hadn't played since August and I'd feel confident with calling my 80% Huskar winrate a victory and cashing out with my MMR

e: my favorite "I cant believe this is happening" moment was when my support Lion had a level 7 skillbuild of 4-0-2 and when I pinged Hex (which he didn't skill) a lot he pinged his number of Finger kills and said "you don't need hex on this hero, just get damage"

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
What tier was that o_O. That hex keeps you alive which is hard to deprioritize unless you're even more bad at video games than me.

Speaking of which, why are dazzles not getting grave within four or five levels. I don't understand.

Also, everyone, remember to just enjoy your time in game and focus on yourself and to not expect perfect communication or synergy with your teammates until you finally qualify for EG. And then lol you have to play with rtz and sumail.

Of course, you should flame those who failed you both here and in all chat.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Dec 31, 2018

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

ILL Machina posted:

What tier was that o_O. That hex keeps you alive which is hard to deprioritize unless you're even more bad at video games than me.

Speaking of which, why are dazzles not getting grave within four or five levels. I don't understand.

I'm Legend 3 now

I think it's because Dazzle's other skills are just so good that they would probably help out more than a Shallow Grave at early levels. A level 2/3 heal is gonna help a teammate live more than grave, and his Q is the best laning harass skill in the game so just by process of elimination that means Grave is gonna get put off. Also, level 1 grave has such an awful range and cooldown that you really need to put a lot of points into it for it to be good, but it's not worth sacrificing the point investment into Q/E

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ILL Machina posted:

Also, everyone, remember to just enjoy your time in game and focus on yourself and to not expect perfect communication or synergy with your teammates until you finally qualify for EG. And then lol you have to play with rtz and email.

Of course, you should flame those who failed you both here and in all chat.

Shallow Grave sucks for laning because it does nothing. It's not terribly hard to avoid dying in lane, and it's either a wasted skill point or something has gone very wrong.

That said in lower brackets with more early teamfights it's not bad, but I normally don't take a point before 7-8.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Yeah early shallow grave is just something you see pro teams doing because they have the split second coordination to pull off the plays that will actually save people and subject to the kind of 'one auto attack away from death' plays you see happen all the time in those games.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

A skill doesn't have to be bad to delay taking it until later, sometimes the other two skills are just better.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

For some reason I'm playing this game again and there's like a new epidemic of pudge pickers who come into the offlane to afk leech level 2, and then leave the lane forever, leaving the crippled offlane alone against 2 heroes. Like, without fail, this is what every pudge picker in my bracket seems to do. I specifically tell them not to do this, and they still do it. One time I told a pudge player not to leech my XP if they just intended to leave the lane, so he instead went to cut the enemy creeps, dragged a creep wave to a tower and got his level 2, then left to throw hooks at mid. I decided to roam with him, so another dude on our team gave up and another dude abandoned. The pudge did not seem to have any regrets, though

Anyway, I've also lost around 600 mmr again

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Dec 31, 2018

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Minorkos posted:

For some reason I'm playing this game again and there's like a new epidemic of pudge pickers who come into the offlane to afk leech level 2, and then leave the lane forever, leaving the crippled offlane alone against 2 heroes. Like, without fail, this is what every pudge picker in my bracket seems to do. I specifically tell them not to do this, and they still do it. One time I told a pudge player not to leech my XP if they just intended to leave the lane, so he instead went to cut the enemy creeps, dragged a creep wave to a tower and got his level 2, then left to throw hooks at mid. I decided to roam with him, so another dude on our team gave up and another dude abandoned. The pudge did not seem to have any regrets, though

Anyway, I've also lost around 600 mmr again

I ban Pudge most games just so my teammates don't pick him and do exactly this. To be fair though, most support players will also do the thing where they leech EXP and then decide to go roaming leaving you alone vs a dual lane who are now equal in levels with you

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Was watching a sing vod where he was checking winrates of people he'd played with and stumbled across this hero from 2012:

https://imgur.com/mhoAOwY

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
33.3 repeating of course. lol

Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

i remember that dude calling me weird bc i kept calling hp 'the healthy juice'. also i was the most popular dota 2 streamer on own3d.tv before sing sing usurped me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Remember when Valve almost made Phoenix this thing:

Only registered members can see post attachments!