Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

The only good skeleton was the Indiana Jones fridge skelly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

someone made a game of the exact conversation ten pages ago about a soviet 80s Fallout, incredible

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
You can scrap everything in sanctuary or red rocket and build shelves for free levels.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

You can scrap everything in sanctuary or red rocket and build shelves for free levels.

Red Rocket was like my apartment until I was ready to move into a trailer at the drive-in.

My most complete town was probably the Slog, but the people were never happy because they kept un-assigning their beds like a bunch of morons. :argh:

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iron Crowned posted:

Part of Skyrim's problem, at least for me, was that the main story wasn't compelling at all. It was fun exploring for a while, but I had no desire to do much more. There was even a (cool idea) of a wizard school that doesn't really go much of anywhere. I really liked the Underdark, but there really wasn't a whole lot to it other than being a cool place to explore with a dragon inside of it.

Skyrim was a bunch of neat ideas that go nowhere.

What? The wizard school has a bunch of quests and the whole balls and shaft of magnus thing?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

The only good skeleton was the Indiana Jones fridge skelly

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

skeleton hugging a sword... truly poignant

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Some fallout game has to eventually make skeletons an enemy just so they can have the emotional hugging skeletons attack you. just call them rad skeletons or something

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
pip bones

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Some fallout game has to eventually make skeletons an enemy just so they can have the emotional hugging skeletons attack you. just call them rad skeletons or something

Monster Mod for NV has skeletonized ghouls.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

:hmmyes:

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

MariusLecter posted:

cool

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

MariusLecter posted:

The trauma overide harnesses in NV were skeletons. But in suits.

Actually how come power armor hasn't been an enemy yet? Just some power armor with a skeleton in it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

A lot of the Fallout games had aliens, why not skeletons

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lol people saying fallout 4's dlc as "good"

The Far Harbor robot murder was the only planned story for that entire game

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

The trauma overide harnesses in NV were skeletons. But in suits.

Actually how come power armor hasn't been an enemy yet? Just some power armor with a skeleton in it.

Can't find the source atm, might have been removed from nexus by the modder lol, but there is a NV mod that changes the Y-17 trauma harnesses into power armor frames.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
I used to be a vault dweller like you...then I took an arrow in the pip bone.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
what if skyrim ppl developed nukes....

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
After I had turned the worst point of the Fallout 76 release, I began to notice that while all its other features changed, this one consistent feature did not change. Whoever came about me, still settled down into Todd. I opened my eyes in the night, and I saw in the great chair at the bedside, Todd. I opened my eyes in the day, and, sitting on the window-seat, smoking his pipe in the shaded open window, still I saw Todd. I asked for 15% increased prices in the Atom Shop, and the dear hand that gave it me was Todd's. I sank back on my pillow after drinking, and the face that looked so hopefully and tenderly upon me was the face of Todd.

At last, one day, I took courage, and said, "Is it Todd?"

And the dear old home-voice answered, "Which it air, old chap."

"O Todd, you break my heart! Look angry at me, Todd. Strike me, Todd. Tell me of my ingratitude. Don't be so good to me!"

For, Todd had actually laid his head down on the pillow at my side and put his arm round my neck, in his joy that I knew him.

"Which dear old Pip, old chap," said Todd, "you and me was ever Boys. And when you're well enough to go out for a radiant quest - what larks!"

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Does anyone know how they allegedly removed duping? Did they cap the max number of craftable items? I hope they didn't gently caress with how the game safeguards your inventory in case of a crash (by keeping a rolling backup).

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I am a victim, so to speak, of the click baiting non-fact-checking "News" that 95% of the Youtube base of FO76 is.

I remember the experiment someone did about making up "Fallout 76 may become free to play" and seeing how public it would get. A couple of days ago I was playing OW and I did LFG and in my group this person looked at the games I played and started trash talking me because I had fallout 76.We went back and forth until they said

"You wasted your money because Bethesda is making it free to play".

Thankfully I read that post and the comment of the guy admitting to it being an experiment. I pointed out The fact of that "rumor" and they just told me to "stop trying to defend a game because you wasted money on it"

It is wrong to look at my profile yes but it is not the only time I've been attacked. Whenever I say "I play FO76 and I like it" and starting trying to hold a neutral ground with FO76 (because it is flawed but fun) I get personally attacked. People calling me a waste of money, Bethesda Fanboy, a rich white kid with money to spare (I live alone, have a job and am 19 scarping by with minimum wage) and whenever I point out facts or defend myself its usually along the lines of calling me dumbass for wasting money or some other insult.

So to all the youtubers who have read this, and I know you are reading stuff from this subreddit because you really want that sweet sweet click-bait juice. Please. Shut the gently caress up and let us enjoy our game.

With Love,

Someone who actually gives a drat about this game and its player base.

#ImAFilthyCasualAndProud

E:jesus christ, there's even truthers that think a bunch of bug reports are a conspiracy to tarnish the game

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 20, 2018

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Pause you who read this meaningless computer log, and think for a moment of the long chain of bottlecaps or gold, of pipboys or atoms, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable Reclamation day.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
lmao i forgot about the true believer subreddit

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

remember that day one 50GB patch?

That was awesome

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

or those that missed it, their latest marketing tactic is putting brand new (i.e., previously unavailable) items on sale

what's time limited? the price? the item? both?

today:

same with the emotes, the discount label simply disappeared

no loving comment

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Rinkles posted:

today:

no loving comment

You didnt look the other days to see the real price.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Prices are just numbers, and I don't loving trust numbers

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Rinkles posted:

today:

no loving comment

todd reads the thread

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
jesus who the gently caress is paying for that poo poo

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

jesus who the gently caress is paying for that poo poo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3872562&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Does anyone know how they allegedly removed duping? Did they cap the max number of craftable items?

that is what they did, capped item crafting at 255. But you can just put those on the ground, and then craft the rest to force a server boot, lol

this seems like the sort of issue there's no quick and easy fix to because of the way the game's designed. not without the solution potentially impacting fair players.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The Fallout 76 player is the most abused minority in existence, and it is by everyone but Bethesda.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Rinkles posted:

no loving comment

tomorrow:

mormonpartyboat fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 20, 2018

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Everyday I fear that today will be the day a cop pulls me over, wips out my Amazon order history and points at Fallout 76. "DID YOU BUY THIS GAME" he screams as he pulls out a gun, "DID YOU BUY THIS GAME PEOPLE ON YOUTUBE HATE?!"

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
How many ATOMS does your self respect buy?

e:

Crabtree posted:

Everyday I fear that today will be the day a cop pulls me over, wips out my Amazon order history and points at Fallout 76. "DID YOU BUY THIS GAME" he screams as he pulls out a gun, "DID YOU BUY THIS GAME PEOPLE ON YOUTUBE HATE?!"
Would totally justify police shooting.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

should've been 2300 a 15% increase

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
gently caress im too tired to math

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Rinkles posted:

that is what they did, capped item crafting at 255. But you can just put those on the ground, and then craft the rest to force a server boot, lol

this seems like the sort of issue there's no quick and easy fix to because of the way the game's designed. not without the solution potentially impacting fair players.

this is hilarious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I made the mistake of re-reading the Fallout 2 LP in the Archive (which is very good), and now I'm thinking about making another attempt to complete a play-through of Fallout 2 (even though I know everything that happens).

I tried starting a game back around March (which I think I did after reading through the LP the first time), and I think I only made it as far as the giant mole rat you fight in the cave (which I couldn't beat). The problem I seem to have with the old Fallout games is that they feel super slow and stiff, and it seems like it's easy to make a character that's not skilled enough to do anything right. It took like five or six different attempts over the span of like six years before I finally started a Fallout 1 game I managed to finish.

My questions are A.) How should I build my character, and B.) Should I use the unofficial patches? The second question I know sounds stupid, but I was thinking in terms of exploits versus quest-lines. I know there are some ways to cheese some vendors or whatnot to get free money and/or ammo, and stuff like taking Jinxed with maxed luck to negate the penalty. However, I was thinking about how some endings don't trigger because of certain issues (like the survival of the talking deathclaws). There's also the Restoration Project, and while exploring the cut areas sounds fun, I don't know how much actual content is included, and if it's really worth checking out.

As far as building a character goes, I tend to go for passing speech checks and bypassing combat (and failing that, using Small Guns).

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Dec 20, 2018