Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
that’s a fat as gently caress otter though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pirate Radar posted:

that’s a fat as gently caress otter though

more like a bear :thunk:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

black people, including black scientists.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
yeah but that's a legit point. a lot of that poo poo is like online blackface and it's embarrassing as poo poo.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

yeah but that's a legit point. a lot of that poo poo is like online blackface and it's embarrassing as poo poo.

do black people not go to aquariums

it’s cute animal jokes.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

https://twitter.com/IBJIYONGI/status/1075459938464481282?s=20

she’s just a scold. ignore them.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1075528774857441287?s=21

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Are you joking?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

same, absolute unit in particular is anglo as gently caress. What, is c h o n k racially charged?

I wanted to read the paper about the nature of racist memes but I don't have a fancy edumacation and so I don't have access. I think without knowing what's in that it's hard to guage if she's completely full of poo poo or not. I suspect it might be bullshit because I don't see how calling an otter thicc is vilifying anyone but I could be wrong

Palemdromes posted:

Are you joking?

there's literally white people on twitter with their irl faces as their profile pic trying to be part of black twitter or w/e
was it this thread? Some cspam thread had a bunch of those not too long ago it's fuckin insane

SniperWoreConverse has issued a correction as of 07:30 on Dec 20, 2018

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/nataliesurely/status/1075566813696659456?s=21

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

same, absolute unit in particular is anglo as gently caress. What, is c h o n k racially charged?

I wanted to read the paper about the nature of racist memes but I don't have a fancy edumacation and so I don't have access. I think without knowing what's in that it's hard to guage if she's completely full of poo poo or not. I suspect it might be bullshit because I don't see how calling an otter thicc is vilifying anyone but I could be wrong

there's literally white people on twitter with their irl faces as their profile pic trying to be part of black twitter or w/e
was it this thread? Some cspam thread had a bunch of those not too long ago it's fuckin insane

Ya I kinda wanted to read the paper too. I miss having access to journals

I don't think the point is that calling an otter thicc villifies black women, but comparing black people to animals or vv is a super old and common racist thing.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
White people can definitely be loving annoying with that poo poo but also that lady sucks rear end. In conclusion, gently caress all y'all.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah but I just wanna see the thought process that's going on here I guess

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Lmao if you don't understand how language evolves and get mad at people using words that aren't like just complete dogwhistles or racism outright

Get mad at people who actually say lovely things

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Streak posted:

White people can definitely be loving annoying with that poo poo but also that lady sucks rear end. In conclusion, gently caress all y'all.

:hmmyes:

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stop posting here.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

bike tory posted:

Ya I kinda wanted to read the paper too. I miss having access to journals

I don't think the point is that calling an otter thicc villifies black women, but comparing black people to animals or vv is a super old and common racist thing.

Nobody is comparing black people to animals. They’re jokingly saying that the otter is fat, or “thicc”, a slang term for an attractive chubby person of any gender or race.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Palemdromes posted:

Nobody is comparing black people to animals. They’re jokingly saying that the otter is fat, or “thicc”, a slang term for an attractive chubby person of any gender or race.

I definitely thought thicc was AAVE. am I wrong?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
aave maria

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Palemdromes posted:

The person in the tweet is arguing that thicc is AAVE and is specific to black women. It then follows that calling the otter thicc is comparing it to black women.

If you disagree whatevs, I'm not particularly invested in the argument but I definitely sympathise with her view and wouldn't refer to animal as thicc personally.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
stay safe, only ever used language approved for your race

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
animals shouldn't be fat shamed. hth

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
brb, I’m tricking all the zoo animals into cultural appropriation by teaching them Fortnite dances

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

bike tory posted:

The person in the tweet is arguing that thicc is AAVE and is specific to black women. It then follows that calling the otter thicc is comparing it to black women.

If you disagree whatevs, I'm not particularly invested in the argument but I definitely sympathise with her view and wouldn't refer to animal as thicc personally.

lmao

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I guess you could argue that being used in advertising by an aquarium is solid evidence that thicc has moved out of AAVE into common usage

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

bike tory posted:

I definitely sympathise with her view and wouldn't refer to animal as thicc personally.

this is a quote and a half right here

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
oh my god what the gently caress are you people like in person

jesus christ

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
*runs in breathlessly from out of frame*

sir, i couldnt help but overhear, it seems you said, "preach it", and well, you are very white. are you familiar with aave? you might want to

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
you know what's "not it, chief?" your appropriation of african american vernacular.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yes, but what do I, a white person, think about how appropriate this is?

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

what I want to know is when is there going to be a white twitter??? :bahgawd:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Why doesn't anybody care that an aquarium is overfeeding that otter?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

White people need to be kept in line, just sayin

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

bike tory posted:

White people need to be kept in line, just sayin

shut the gently caress up liberal

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Things move fast, otter used to be furry slang for twink

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Otters are like bears but also different.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Autistic Edgy Guy posted:

shut the gently caress up liberal

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

aww poo poo seems i just walked into the edgiest thread on here lol kek amirite

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
I think CHONK is a funny word and I like otters so I liked the tweet. The rest of it is already so overused it's like, why the gently caress are we having this conversation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

DrPossum posted:

I think CHONK is a funny word and I like otters so I liked the tweet. The rest of it is already so overused it's like, why the gently caress are we having this conversation.

lmao

why the gently caress are you on twitter