Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I got Shelke BSB. Tasty lightning spear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Laguna chain and Sephiroth glint. Neat. Ice team is gonna love that.

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Re: Seifer BSB1: it's not great but one time I clutched an MO fight with it (the Kaiser Dragon hard mode fight specifically) and it was hilarious. Everyone died but Seifer and his radiant tick pushed it over to the clear. Bronze chocobo of close enough. It's the only time that's ever been useful though.

Electric Phantasm posted:

VII pull got me Sephiroth BSB1

Can I cheese something with it's DEF ignoring CMD1? Otherwise it seems bad.

Speaking of only useful for screwy fights. I brought this classic to Long Gui to great results. It's not useful anywhere else really though. I also learned its CMD1 does NOT stack with the overflow gained by Pants USB. I was very disappointed by this but considering it's the first time I've used BSB1 in probably ay least a year I'm not too mad about it.

Get that +10 for Seph and find his pants (or wear them proudly if you already have them)

FF8: Rinoa wcast LMR
Ff7: cloud bsb2 dupe

Hopefully VI is more kind. Strago chain, Celes stuff, Locke USB... something

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Aww that new title screen is cute as heck!

Also Midgarwho?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

DeadButDelicious posted:

Aww that new title screen is cute as heck!

Yeah, it's pretty great. :3:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The Hoshi no Dragon Quest Collaboration banner has just two repeats (Tyro USB3 and Biggs USB); everything else is new. And Dragon Quest-related. Global prospects are... pretty sadly dim, if not 100% impossible.
Tyro gets the first AOE Arcane Overstrike!

quote:

Tyro's Erdrick's Sword [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 AOE Lightning Overflow ranged physical attacks
Dr. Mog's Sage's Staff [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 AOE Holy/Dark/NE Overflow magic attacks, multiplier is dependent on SB gauge

Dr. Mog's Wyrmwand [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 AOE Fire/NE magic attacks, En-Fire, Fire Damage +20% & Intense Fire to user
Intense Fire: After using Fire abilities, chases with 5 AOE Fire/NE magic attacks
Elarra's Lunar Fan [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal to party, Instant Cast, Full Breakdown to all targets, High Quick Cast 2 & Fluffy Dance to user
Fluffy Dance: After using Dancer or Bard abilities, grants h25 heal to party
Wedge's Scholar's Cap [USB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Fire/Wind/Ice/NE magic attacks, Black Magic Damage +50% 2, Instant Magic 2 & Magic Purge to user
Magic Purge: After using Black Magic abilities, chases with 5 single-target Fire/Wind/Ice/NE magic attacks
Tyro's Divine Veil Grimoire [USB, +10 ATK] - DEF & RES +200%, Protect, Shell and Haste to party
Biggs's Ancient Sword [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/Holy/NE physical attacks, PHY +30/50/70% with 1/2/3 USB casts & Elbow to user
Elbow: After using Earth or Holy abilities, chases with single-target Earth/Holy/NE Overflow physical attack

Bigg's Warlord Fang [Glint, +10 ATK] - 8 random Earth/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast, PHY Damage +30% to user
Wedge's Slime Fan [Glint, +10 ATK] - 12 AOE Fire/Water/Wind/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast

Tyro's Erdrick's Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - PHY Damage +25% with Shield equipped
Dr. Mog's Metal Slime Head [LMR, +10 MAG] - When using Black Magic or Summoning abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Elarra's Priestess Apron [LMR, +10 MND] - Once per battle when HP falls below 20%, auto 100% HP recovery & Last Stand to user
Biggs's Demon Armor [LMR, +10 ATK] - PHY Damage +25% with Heavy Armor equipped
Wedge's Divine Robe [LMR, +5 ATK & +5 MAG] - Auto Blind & Silence Recovery

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I’ve had a pretty crap run during realms on parade so far with only a single 6* out of the whole thing, but at least I pulled Shadow’s BSB today...

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
8-6 were realms where I could have really used some good new stuff; Rinoa Earth bUSB, Strago Chain, Zack Chain, Cloud USB2, etc etc

Instead I got a bunch of LMRs and V gave me an earth sword

5 Dorgann USB
6 Leo LMR
7 Cloud BSB2
8 Rinoa LMR (wcast)
9 Garnet LM2

Total: New: 10 Dupe: 4 Disco: 5

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Dorgann USB seems pretty good, just bring Dirtbringer instead of Dirtsabre

Arcon
Jul 24, 2013
Its good but doesnt fit on my Quetz team yet; should be good for when I'm ready to tackle D??? though

Quetz team DPS is Butz USB2+Glint+LMR, Thancred bUSB+LMR, Guy USB (Heavy user)

If I had a chain he'd prob replace butz but for now its not worth the effort.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

Ugh my Tiamat attempts are actually getting worse. My ice team is kinda bad, I don't have many options.

Squall with BSB2 and OSB but he is not fully dived. SSSx8 for building meter.

Snow with USB1 and USB2. I cast USB1 for the ice reflect. Throw in some Icicle Rush and Omega Drive.

OK with pUSB, Wrath/Entrust.

Been using two healers because the incoming damage is nuts.

Relm USB, Ultra Cure/Arise
Ovelia USB, Burst, SSB (Protect/Shell, 2000) Curada/Hastega

I have played around giving Relm Curada to see if it helps with the RNG and timing of things. I use MM to get Divine Ward ASAP, but maybe this is the issue, that SB would be better used. But that would mean spending a turn getting protectga and shellga up with Relm helping or Snow with his USB2.

I am going to attempt to TG Cid record materia on Squall to help build junctions faster. I also haven't tried spamming OSB instead of going BSB route.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DaddyBigBucks posted:

Ugh my Tiamat attempts are actually getting worse. My ice team is kinda bad, I don't have many options.

Ditch Ovelia and replace her with Shelke. Have her entrust bot to Relm. You should be able to pop Relm's USB every turn, meaning you don't have to worry about damage, and your own dps will go through the roof.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

DaddyBigBucks posted:

Since Ovelia is carrying hastega, I'm guessing you've got OK running ace striker/battleforged instead of mako might/Dr Mog's? That doesn't seem like it's worth having to burn an ability slot on a redundant hastega to me. Ideally, Tiamat should already be mostly dead by the time ace striker breaks even with MM anyway. I'd also drop arise; it's definitely possible to pull out a win after someone kicks the bucket, but you usually need to soldier on without them rather than try to pick them back up. That gives you enough slots to put proshellga on Relm and Ovelia and free up Ovelia's gauge, or whoever, at that point you can sub in a different healer if you're still committed to double healers. I'd agree though that you're probably better served with Shelke entrusting in that slot. Maybe have OK off-heal and give him the other half of proshellga?

Really the key to surviving Tiamat is actually ramping up your DPS. IIRC her offense doesn't get really crazy until about the 40 second mark, so if you can kill her before then the fight gets a lot easier.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
Krile Brave USB from the RoP!

What's that Manticore? You go into rage mode every 2 turns? Well now I can overflow every 2 turns without having to entrust the poo poo out of Terra. Sure, I would have preferred a chain to help with Mateus, but I'm not even going to attempt him until the 6* fire offering is out.

Fister Roboto posted:

Ditch Ovelia and replace her with Shelke. Have her entrust bot to Relm. You should be able to pop Relm's USB every turn, meaning you don't have to worry about damage, and your own dps will go through the roof.

Yes, do this. You can ditch arise and run with just protectga since, as long as you're killing her fast enough, I think you'll only see 1 non-piercing magic attack. Also, as someone who really avoids diving people, just give Squall the full dive: there are very few ice DPS and Squall's dive really synergizes with his BSB2 (and upcoming 3) so well.

eelmonger fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Dec 21, 2018

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Cattail Prophet posted:

Really the key to surviving Tiamat is actually ramping up your DPS. IIRC her offense doesn't get really crazy until about the 40 second mark, so if you can kill her before then the fight gets a lot easier.

Also her actions are completely scripted for the first few turns of each phase so you can plan accordingly. She's also much less dangerous during those turns because Absorb Strength/Magic don't do any damage. After those turns though, if you haven't pushed her to the next phase, she acts randomly, which can be a lot harder to deal with. In scenarios like this, bringing a second healer instead of an entruster or dps is actually causing you to take more damage.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
My Hades clears are actually somewhat consistent now that I have Larsa USB and Godwall.

I replaced Iris and OK respectively and it's still annoying but much less so.

Also the animation on Larsa USB never stops cracking me up.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
In addition to the other advice people are offering re: Tiamat, make sure that you're running Dampen Fire magicites in addition to Dampen Wind, since Savage Jet Fire does both fire and wind damage.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Cattail Prophet posted:

IMO it's at about the 35 second mark? There's a point where she casts back-to-back Savage Jet Fires and that's pretty massive damage - even with inherited elemental defense magicites I'm probably going to have a wipe or close to it if some sort of AoE heal doesn't happen between. I usually just hold my healer to instant medica after the first one. I assume after that is more of the same, but in general she dies after the second cast in my party (dived Squall USB2/LMR, Ayame OSB/BSB/LMR, Fran USB-entrustbot, Minfilia USB/LMR2, dived Elarra USB) unless things have gone very wrong.

...dammit, it's Friday and I need to get my six kills in soon, don't I. Hopefully we'll get some Silver Dragons this time...

Also:
VI - Terra BSB2 dupe. Wrong Terra relic.
V - Krile BSB2 dupe. mehhhhh
IV - Tellah LMR. :majorminor:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Really decent 6/5/4 pulls: Mog USB2, Faris USB3, Kain USB1 (dupe). I got Mog's USB1, but the Torment buff USB is nice, even though I don't have any other VI stat buffs other then Mog USB1. Faris USB3 means I have all of her Imperil Wind SBs which is a little weird, and while Kain is a dupe, it's a lightning+ spear dupe.

Still holding out for a Chain on III or I pulls, but overall I think this RoP was decent no matter what comes next.

0 - Seven BSB
Tactics - Marach BSB
XV - Ignis LMR
XIV - Yda BSB
XIII - Noel BSB3, Fang BSB2 (dupe)
XII - Vayne USB
XI - Aphmau BSB (dupe)
X - Braska BSB
IX - Kuja USB
VIII - Raijin LMR
VII - Elena BSB
VI - Mog USB2
V - Faris USB3
IV - Kain USB1 (dupe)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

VI: Strago CSB
V: Faris BSB2 (dupe)
IV: Fusoya BSB

If nothing else I can't complain about getting a magic chain, and Gen 2 at that for a significant +50% MAG boost.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
CoD USB1. It's my third magical dark USB this RoP, please give me something for other elements or the dark chain, please. CoD is already using her Party Doom BSB too, but I guess that's not something you really need to recast anyways.

And 3/11 on the LMR pull: Raines worthless LMR, Celes dualcast LMR (dupe), and Quistis dualcast LMR. I grabbed Quistis USB, so getting her LMR made this pull completely worth it. Might try alternating her with OK on my mage teams to add a bit extra healing.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
3/11
Garbage tifa fist lmr
Ultimecia enwind lmr
Ultimecia enwind lmr

smdh

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

4/11 on the LMR lucky: Rinoa enice, Basch enholy, Steiner imperil fire, Gordon debuff duration. Steiner's and Gordon's are pretty blah, but RInoa's and Basch's are nice to have to help them DPS after casting their chain/USB, respectively.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

adding onto previous RoP pulls,

VI: Locke BSB 1
V: Xezat BSB
IV: Rydia BSB1
III: Luneth USB1 (dupe)

and then the LMR lucky gave me Exdeath enDark LMR and Prompto doublecast LMR. Exdeath's LMR is nice, but I don't have too much for him. Prompto's is also really nice, but it's a dupe.

It's just been a long string of middling to disappointing pulls, and I just hope something nice pops up from the USB Lucky draw and/or one of the fest banners to make up for some lousy luck I've been having lately.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I’m assuming everyone knows this but just in case, the only place I saw this written was in the announcement.

What are the LMs that would make this worth pulling on?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If it's all LMRs then nothing is worth pulling on this imho.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Aerox posted:

What are the LMs that would make this worth pulling on?

"Very few in comparison to trash" is my answer, honestly

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
Unless you want to pull for fun, I would skip it in favor of saving.

But just for a quick number analysis, assuming all Haste/Instant Cast; Start with En-elements, Dualcast, Medica chase off bard/white, and Trance LMRs are 'good', there's roughly about 120/230 'good' LMRs on the banner. It's really not great, and it's already a flimsy definition of good. LMRs do have a vaguely high concentration of element boosting armors? Not enough to make the pull more worth it though.

I mainly pulled because I like pulling, and getting an LMR on a lucky then getting an SB for that character later feels pretty nice.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I pulled knowing it probably wouldn't be worth the 25 mithril and I was lucky enough to get three nondupes, but it still wasnt worth 25 mithril imo

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Collected information regarding anima lenses:

Hogama posted:

- Gather Anima Lenses to exchange them for SB & LMRs
- Anima Lenses can be obtained from Event Dungeons, Record Dungeons & certain Multiplayer Dungeons' Clear Rewards
- Portion of existing dungeons will now contain them, those who have cleared will automatically receive them
- 3 different sortings for selections: 1- Character, 2- Torments and Magicite dungeons (determined by what's used in sub-30 clears), 3- Popular community picks
- 3 rarities of Anima Lenses: L1, L2, L3
- 1500 L1 can be used to redeem Unique SB & SSB
- 1000 L2 can be used to redeem BSB, LMR & OSB
- 1000 L3 can be used to redeem USB
- Drawing dupes will also provide you with Anima Lenses - these are free as you draw them, you can still use the relics for rainbow shards afterwards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/a8o6td/anima_lens_information/

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/a8fkts/anima_lenses_whats_available/

-No AOSBs, CSBs, or GSBs available
-Almost all uSBs, SSBs, and BSBs are available, and about 1/3 of USBs are avilable. The cutoff is the 3rd Anniversary, so that means no Godwall or Elarra USB.
-Every character who has LMRs has exactly one available, except for Rubicante for some reason
-Dupe 6* = 50x L3 lenses
-Dupe 5* = 50x L2 lenses
-No lenses from daily draw, AA draws, or series lucky draws

So 20 6* dupes get you a free (fairly outdated) USB. There's still some good stuff in there of course, not to mention items with elemental boosts.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I thought I heard LMRs cost more than BSBs/OSBs. Is that not the case?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

If you're only going to pull on one of the luckies, absolutely make it the USB draw, but I'd skip the OSB draw before the LMR draw, no question. OSBs have most of the same problems as LMRs as far as being niche and requiring other relic support to make full use of them, but LMRs do have an advantage over most other relics in that they're relatively less susceptible to powercreep. Theoretically though, I guess there's nothing stopping DeNa from making, say, 6* LMRs with ridiculous effects sometime in the future.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

First magicite finally cleared :toot:

Turns out all I needed was someone with a boostga that could do more than barely contribute damage, sorry Cid.

Got a little worried at the end when I couldn't mitigate damage anymore, but Selphie's Last Stand USB saved the day.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Turns out all I needed was someone with a boostga that could do more than barely contribute damage, sorry Cid.

Got a little worried at the end when I couldn't mitigate damage anymore, but Selphie's Last Stand USB saved the day.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Well done. First clears are usually like that, so don't get discouraged by other folks pulling sub-30. As you get used to things and get more magicite and such that's gonna come down.

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Excellent job! I'm amazed you held out that long - that's a brutal amount of +lightning damage coming your way. Last Stand really is the best.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
First magicite clear posts are the best :allears:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Hydra was my first too. I had to use Tifa's damage reflect usb1 to manage it

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm going to need like 3 copies of icicle shot for my ice team

my dark orbs :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Nihilarian posted:

I'm going to need like 3 copies of icicle shot for my ice team

my dark orbs :negative:

That's the reason I haven't invested in Mustadio despite getting his great USB. Edgar's already eating all the mechanist abilities, I'd need to make more. So many more.