Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

enraged_camel posted:

I don't expect you to. Like I said, you don't know what it is like. I lost friends and relatives to PKK suicide bombers. You probably haven't.

(And like I said, I don't support what the Turks have done, and are doing to Kurds. I just don't agree that the label "genocide" applies.)

This thread/americans/people in general really really want every country/ethnic group/side in a war to be either a good guy or a bad guy and not admit stuff is complicated and lots of stuff is happening at once with lots of groups and subgroups. That comes up a ton, whenever this thread talks about any group. Everyone is a hive mind, everyone is doing one thing only and that one thing is either perfectly good or perfectly evil in every way at all times.

(I don't have a trukish cat for the cat tax yet, here is egyptian cat)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

The ability of some people to act like cartoonish 1920s silent movie villains still astounds me. I don't know why. I should be too old to be surprised by things anymore.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

scopes posted:

Paul Ryan is doing the last stretch of his victory lap in a tiny clown car full of weasels

And the tires have been eaten by a family of antifa woodchucks.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This Congress is giving the current British Parliament a good name. But at least we get a new Congress in January while the Brits remain a clown show until they hit the Iceberg in March.

https://twitter.com/GrantTucker/status/793945393432317952

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

AhhYes posted:

USPOL Winter: A thirsty desire to gently caress things up

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lol

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1075794261914894337

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

evilweasel posted:

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1075795702662471680

(the actual reason is they don't have the votes)

Why am I enjoying the death of our government so much?

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Brony Car posted:

The ability of some people to act like cartoonish 1920s silent movie villains still astounds me. I don't know why. I should be too old to be surprised by things anymore.

nah, they're americans, and decorous, that means they're good actually

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

So theory about Schumer's surprising spine: Pelosi sat him down and said "hey look at the ratings for our new fierce delegates, especially when they stand up to the republicans. Mueller is going to savage trump and us taking a stand while the republicans try to bail water is going to make all sorts of hay. Get to it."

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

interesting idea on how dems are going to handle debates if there's a ton of nominees in 2020: split debates into two debates, assign candidates randomly (via public draw, so nobody can claim it's rigged) rather than a clown car of people

https://twitter.com/rubycramer/status/1075798250672832512

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

evilweasel posted:

interesting idea on how dems are going to handle debates if there's a ton of nominees in 2020: split debates into two debates, assign candidates randomly (via public draw, so nobody can claim it's rigged) rather than a clown car of people

I like that plan

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

ZypherIM posted:

So theory about Schumer's surprising spine: Pelosi sat him down and said "hey look at the ratings for our new fierce delegates, especially when they stand up to the republicans. Mueller is going to savage trump and us taking a stand while the republicans try to bail water is going to make all sorts of hay. Get to it."

More likely Pelosi sat down with him and went “I won back power over a chamber of Congress. You didn’t. I’m in charge here.”

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Z. Autobahn posted:

Naw she’s got like a pair of 8s, it’s just that the other player only has one card, it’s an expired AAA membership, and he’s busy eating it

:lol:

:golfclap:

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/1075797395760443392

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ZypherIM posted:

schumer's been doing this all session, which is why there's no wall funding

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

More likely Pelosi sat down with him and went “I won back power over a chamber of Congress. You didn’t. I’m in charge here.”

:emptyquote:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

I loving knew that President Deals would watch him some Fox News and see them ranting about how he's getting played, go chat with some of the nutjobs he hangs with, and decide to sink the whole thing. loving knew it.

It is however still hilarious.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/timothypmurphy/status/1075785751818895364

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

So in theory a shutdown shouldn't effect airline travel but what about in actual practice? I am flying out saturday and back on christmas day.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Shifty Pony posted:

I loving knew that President Deals would watch him some Fox News and see them ranting about how he's getting played, go chat with some of the nutjobs he hangs with, and decide to sink the whole thing. loving knew it.

It is however still hilarious.

Haha I go do actual work for a day and come back and Trump is having yet another rear end baby all over the nation yet again

I have such a thirsty desire to gently caress things up

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

evilweasel posted:

Unless my favorite person wins, it's still RIGGED RIGGED RIGGED

RIGGED
I
G
G
E
DEGGIR

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

It’s 2018. The New York Times would totally weep and gnash it’s teeth over an ad boycott of loving Stormfrornt.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I just can’t see this Trump experience lasting another 2 years. He can’t handle it. And the pressure will only increase.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

This Congress is giving the current British Parliament a good name. But at least we get a new Congress in January while the Brits remain a clown show until they hit the Iceberg in March.
They’re bad but they’re not Parliament bad

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

D-Pad posted:

So in theory a shutdown shouldn't effect airline travel but what about in actual practice? I am flying out saturday and back on christmas day.

Your worst case scenario is really just longer lines and a shittier experience overall. Flights aren't going to be cancelled or anything, but potentially expect to waste a lot more time getting there and back.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah this was clear from the outrage after he lied about the protest outside his house. These media people honestly sympathize with Tucker and see him as a peer regardless of his outspoken white supremacy. They definitely are more concerned with the tiny chance he could lose his livelyhood than they are with him spreading his racist message which won't really affect them.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

It’s 2018. The New York Times would totally weep and gnash it’s teeth over an ad boycott of loving Stormfrornt.

Opinion: What Silencing Stormfront Tells Us About Why the Democrats Lost

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

The Dow is now below 23,000

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just can’t see this Trump experience lasting another 2 years. He can’t handle it. And the pressure will only increase.

I think it’s basically going to be W’s final two years where he never stuck his head up.

Even during the financial crisis he was just like hanging out in his living room.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

If a person tells you that they consider Tucker Carlson as one of them, believe them.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

I think it’s basically going to be W’s final two years where he never stuck his head up.

Even during the financial crisis he was just like hanging out in his living room.

But Trump is pathologically incapable of keeping his head down. He only knows how to be a loud self destructive wrecking ball.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

There's no way at least one of their OPED writers doesn't have a lurker account.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Narcissist/borderlines can't back down or quit to save face. We're in this until January 2021.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

But Trump is pathologically incapable of keeping his head down. He only knows how to be a loud self destructive wrecking ball.

He has to have a breaking point, right?

RIGHT!?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Yeah, it’s only gonna get worse for him from now on because he is pissing away all the good will in the senate and the house is now dem land.

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah but this is trump, he will try to fight back and get pissy.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

He has to have a breaking point, right?

RIGHT!?

That’s what I’m saying, I think he’ll reach that breaking point before Fall 2020 and no longer be President one way or the other. Or at the least give up on wanting a second term.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

How are they STILL. THIS. loving. BAD. AT. THIS?

Trump. “Would fall in line?” With what Paul Ryan wanted? :vince:

They all deserve to burn for their stupidity alone. gently caress me...

"The monster's gotten off its leash and is now devouring townspeople, you say? Well, perhaps if we just ask, he'll stop!"

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That’s what I’m saying, I think he’ll reach that breaking point before Fall 2020 and no longer be President one way or the other. Or at the least give up on wanting a second term.

i think he realizes that the presidency is now the only thing keeping him out of jail. he doesn't run for a second term, the various elected republicans who fear his base but hate him no longer need to protect him, and the powers of the presidency no longer protect him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

He is either gonna get tossed out/resign or he is gonna lose reelection because as of right now I don’t see how it can turn around for him. His base isn’t big enough and he is hated by most people and has burned a gently caress ton of bridges.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

eke out posted:

i wonder how many billions more the genius steel plan costs

there's no way it isn't insanely more expensive than pouring concrete

Has to be something to do with how he has hosed around with the steel industry and wants give someone a handout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh you can rig a public draw. I've personally done so