Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Robert Analog posted:

I think you’ll find racists don’t mind much

Usually the more racist someone is the more angry they get at being called a racist, right up until they've just broken through to full-on open white supremacism/neo-nazism, at which point they probably do not care anymore, yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Just say "white people are trash"

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Boywhiz88 posted:

Nah, the people who freak out about someone describing them as racist cause they’re dropping dog whistle comments tend to be the ones who have a lot more bubbling under the surface. One of those “doth protest too much” scenarios. And they’ll describe themselves as not racist but telling it like it is or just stating facts.

Kenshin posted:

Usually the more racist someone is the more angry they get at being called a racist, right up until they've just broken through to full-on open white supremacism/neo-nazism, at which point they probably do not care anymore, yes

My bad I agree with both of your assessments I meant like actual card carrying bigots

Robert Analog fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Dec 20, 2018

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Someone mentioned Aesop Rock on the last page and his album with Tobacco sounds like it's gonna be pretty good, new single dropped a couple days ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqY2CNMsFKw

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Just say "white people are trash"

also this (we are)

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Kenshin posted:

also this (we are)

smh at this poo poo tho

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
drat y’all I just thought “disrespecting trap lyrics” was a funny phrase

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Robert Analog posted:

My bad I agree with both of your assessments I meant like actual card carrying bigots
That is still irrelevant and actually contributes to the issue. Saying “people that are more racist” is missing the forest for the trees.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

Joe Gillian posted:

That is still irrelevant and actually contributes to the issue. Saying “people that are more racist” is missing the forest for the trees.

I don't mean to offend, I'm just saying being called racist isn't always an insult, especially for but not limited to literal white supremacists.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Robert Analog posted:

I don't mean to offend, I'm just saying being called racist isn't always an insult, especially for but not limited to literal white supremacists.

I mean I get that, but it's just that it makes me wonder where your priorities lie when you're willing to get in a tiff about semantics or whatever. Like who gives a gently caress if racists are mad? It's not about "that'll show them" tribalism as much as it is stopping the insidious ways that bigotry can pervade into someone's life.

EDIT: But you're still wrong. The most effective racists feed off removing that "problematic label".

Marching Powder posted:

i think you're aiming your indignation in completely the wrong direction and need to chill out
I think you should maybe say what I'm trying to say better, and not try to feel superior by addressing my post in such a way? Or is that too productive?

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Dec 20, 2018

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Joe Gillian posted:

I mean I get that, but it's just that it makes me wonder where your priorities lie when you're willing to get in a tiff about semantics or whatever. Like who gives a gently caress if racists are mad? It's not about "that'll show them" tribalism as much as it is stopping the insidious ways that bigotry can pervade into someone's life.

i think you're aiming your indignation in completely the wrong direction and need to chill out

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Like I kinda just said what the "doth protest too much" guy did.

I'd be lying if I didn't have a personal stake in this, as I've had to make these same arguments to "white liberals" in real life, me being a leftist black guy.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This discussion, while somewhat useful, is becoming better suited for D&D than the rap thread.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I'll drop it sorry for my part in the derail, Joe thanks for replying. Rap related I missed Young Dolph's "Role Model" earlier this year it's pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0vsYqrX1s4

3peat
May 6, 2010

*in futures voice from the metro tag*

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

We forcin penises!!!!!

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Thug never had to rape anyone in his life.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

3peat posted:

*in futures voice from the metro tag*

i thought thugger was wearing a denim skirt and fishnet stockings and i wasn't even thinking it was weird. thank you young thug for lessening the rampant homophobia in hip hop culture. the rape stuff should probably be dialed back a lil tho

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

god drat i remember reading the comments section of the best track of 2014 and even that recently the general consensus was that freddie gibbs had lost all credibility for appearing on a track with 'a human being'. times sure are changing.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Treyway=3
Tekashi=69
369 :vince:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Marching Powder posted:

god drat i remember reading the comments section of the best track of 2014 and even that recently the general consensus was that freddie gibbs had lost all credibility for appearing on a track with 'a human being'. times sure are changing.

gibbs always plays this at shows and it's the best

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
Not sure if any of you are familiar with producer Cookin' Soul but he just put out a cool little holiday project. He sampled classic Christmas songs and put DOOM acapellas over the beats. I listened to the first one and its pretty dope.

Here is a link to qrates where you can stream the album. I went for the picture disc vinyl.

https://qrates.com/projects/17594

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 21, 2018

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Crumbletron posted:

gibbs always plays this at shows and it's the best

if any of them don't they are loving up. it goes so stupidly hard.

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

thug hits that sheeeesh so hard he has to charge up for it

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
21 album is out

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/pitchfork/status/1075986431175208960

:laffo:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Nothing more woke than defending a child rapist

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

J Cole is 33 years old. 5 years older than me. He needs to knock it the gently caress off. All these dudes are so weird.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Shoutout jcole

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Juicy feature is really good. When is J releasing new stuff 😤

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I know the Kanye thing happened a week ago, but here's a pro-read about that whole situation and the mental health issues that surround it:

https://twitter.com/amandamull/status/1075798307195289602

quote:

What’s often not clear to people in the throes of mania is that although they might be superhumanly productive, that doesn’t mean what they’re producing is good. The way mania affects perception puts people who experience it in a particularly difficult position, explains Muskin: Despite its often negative consequences, to some people it can feel like a superpower, which might lead them to internalize the idea that their illness is the source of their talent.

Based on his work with patients, Muskin likens the experience of making art while manic to how brilliant people often think they sound while stoned: “You smoke with some friends and you record your brilliant discussion of Kafka or whatever. The next day, you listen to it and say, ‘Wow, we’re idiots.’” Not only does treatment not erase your creative abilities, Muskin says, but the correct combination of medication and therapy can make you more attuned to how your work’s quality will be perceived by people who aren’t in your mania with you.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
^ Makes sense, the devil's lettuce convinced a bunch of people that Ye was a good album

denzelcurrypower
Jan 28, 2011
Thanks for letting me know that finding a musical element funny and repetitive lyrics annoying is racist . I'll avoid having musical opinions in the future

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
21 savage slaps. Liking a lot of songs off this 1

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Why can J Cole never have this energy on his own loving projects.

He has loving killed every feature he's been on this year.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
21's album is actually really loving good and a huge step above Issa

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dexo posted:

Why can J Cole never have this energy on his own loving projects.

He has loving killed every feature he's been on this year.

Yeah it's wild

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Still going through the 21 album but I'm digging it so far. I appreciate that it is a normal length and not a 20 minute or 90 minute project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ornithology posted:

Thanks for letting me know that finding a musical element funny and repetitive lyrics annoying is racist . I'll avoid having musical opinions in the future

There are some weird motherfuckers in this thread