Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats this his 10th reign with the junior-jinderweight title?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Taken from reddit, but here are the Smackdown spoilers for next week:

quote:

- The Club and The Usos def The Bar and Sanity with a Magic Killer

- R-Truth and Carmella come out as Santa and Ms Claus. Bryan comes out and buries them both with a promo.

- Ali def. Almas in a great match

- Miz TV with Shane -- They are officially a tag team now apparently.

- Joe def. Jeff Hardy via DQ

- Rusev def. Shinsuke Nakamura to become the new US Champion

No women's matches, dunno if anything was taped though.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So glad that Rusev won the title on the biggest holiday of the year.

Rusev Day.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

DarkstarIV posted:

Apparently Rusev won the US title.

Yup:

https://twitter.com/THEBIGTONYLX/status/1075247877851500544?s=19

Only one Japanese star is allowed to be champion at a time on the main roster. :v:

I can't even be mad. Nakamura's been booked into irrelevance, and Rusev deserves a run with more spotlight time.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004

quote:

R-Truth and Carmella do a promo about Christmas in the ring. WWE Champion Daniel Bryan comes out and says Santa and the reindeer aren’t real, just like AJ Styles isn't real. It’s all a joke to promote materialism. He says the North Pole is melting so there’s no chance Santa could be there. Truth thinks he is just messing around but Bryan tells him that the only joke is his career. Truth says he will win the Rumble and challenge Bryan for the WWE title at Wrestlemania. Bryan lays him out and uses the Yes Lock.

This sounds amazing.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
was there any 205 live stuff?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Codependent Poster posted:

So glad that Rusev won the title on the biggest holiday of the year.

Rusev Day.

It sorta sucks that this title change happened on a show that nobody will see because of the holiday, but if Rusev does a promo to this effect the week after, it will all be worth it.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Didn't Rusev Day start last christmas show?

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

DM Punk posted:

This sounds amazing.

yes r-truth hyperpush 2019

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Draxion posted:

no, after summerfest when he got the key to his hometown

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Draxion posted:

English's 12 Days of Rusev did start around this time last year, you're probably thinking of that

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

KungFu Grip posted:

was there any 205 live stuff?
Yeah it was filmed before SD

Hideo Itami def. Noam Dar
Lio Rush def. Aaron Solow
The Brian Kendrick & Akira Tozawa def. Drew Gulak & Jack Gallagher in a Street Fight

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
You want ratings? You want a new era? Let R-Truth win the Rumble and beat Bryan for the WWE title at Wrestlemania.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

ThePariah posted:

You want ratings? You want a new era? Let R-Truth win the Rumble and beat Bryan for the WWE title at Wrestlemania.

Kofi would be better.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Well, that frees up Nakamura for Bryan...right...? :pray:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Evil Badman posted:

Well, that frees up Nakamura for Bryan...right...? :pray:

Rusev/Nak rematch and Bryan/Ali would make the most sense. Maybe Rusev/Orton if they're serious about the no more automatic rematches thing.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

Gaz-L posted:

Rusev/Nak rematch and Bryan/Ali would make the most sense. Maybe Rusev/Orton if they're serious about the no more automatic rematches thing.

I meant more in the nebulous future. They're both heel right now, anyway, so it's never happening.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Don't forget EC3.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope Nakamura ups it to 50% effort for wrestle mania

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Who's winning the men's Rumble, do we think? The women's is clearly Becky (maybe they do the tie ending with Charlotte). But I'm really not sure about the men short of maybe they put Drew over?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Contenders: Baron Corbin, Mustafa Ali, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, Randy Orton

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Who's winning the men's Rumble, do we think? The women's is clearly Becky (maybe they do the tie ending with Charlotte). But I'm really not sure about the men short of maybe they put Drew over?

There are two PPVs between Rumble and Wrestlemania. They love to undercut the men's Rumble winner. Fastlane and Elimination Chamber.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It's Seth.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

God I hope so. He's been WWE's MVP this year and it's not particularly close, don't @ me.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Seth Rollins reminds me of the guy they had in Ring Of Honor in 2009 who was pretty good but everybody on the shows and "behind the scenes" kept on acting like he was extremely great and that was supposed to make me feel like he was extremely great but it actually made him seem only decent to me instead because of me being easily influenced in that manner.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Gaz-L posted:

Drew seems like the likeliest bet on Raw, setting up Drew/Braun at Mania maybe? Seth is another option. Not sure who it could be on Smackdown at this point.

Dave said in the newsletter that Balor is about to get a "significant push, at least for a little while." Not sure if that means stretching out to Mania or what, but he'd be a popular choice, too.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Seth as the Raw Ace is not a foregone conclusion whatsoever. He was hot enough to be the guy who won the Rumble and beat Lesnar for the belt for most of this year. He is not that hot at this point, and that’s a shame. His Ziggler, Corbin and Ambrose feuds have done him no favors.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
According to Dave, Seth is being groomed for Lesnar but this Ambrose poo poo has super cooled him off and that wound up killing Balor's shot at Lesnar before, so.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He also said Finn is about to get a significant push, at least temporarily. Who the hell else could possibly be a top face on Raw other than those two? Braun?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Kimoa Kid posted:

He also said Finn is about to get a significant push, at least temporarily. Who the hell else could possibly be a top face on Raw other than those two? Braun?

"Sami Zayn," he said and laughed. But his laugh was hollow. Inside, he was dead.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

VJeff posted:

"Sami Zayn," he said and laughed. But his laugh was hollow. Inside, he was dead.

If they push Sami as a top face you have to quote all of my posts from the other thread and tell me I was right about change. It's state law.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Are they really not going to put Braun over at the Rumble? I sort of assumed Seth/Brock was not going to be the title, for some reason. This feels like the last shot they have with Braun to win the title, at least for a while.

VJeff posted:

According to Dave, Seth is being groomed for Lesnar but this Ambrose poo poo has super cooled him off and that wound up killing Balor's shot at Lesnar before, so.

Has anyone explained why Vince was *so* livid about the Ambrose/Rollins stuff? It was a stale match but it wasn't an unmitigated disaster or something. Being that upset over it that he would cancel Seth's Wrestlemania plans seems crazy to me. Then again, it's Vince, so anything is possible.

Professor Funk fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 20, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Kimoa Kid posted:

If they push Sami as a top face you have to quote all of my posts from the other thread and tell me I was right about change. It's state law.

If they push Sami as a top face, defining "top face" as
A) Challenges for the WWE or Universal Title at some point in 2019
B) Does so as a babyface.

I will get a KIMOA WAS RIGHT title in big beautiful bold text. :toxx:

Professor Funk posted:

Has anyone explained why Vince was *so* livid about the Ambrose/Rollins stuff? It was a stale match but it wasn't an unmitigated disaster or something. Being that upset over it that he would cancel Seth's Wrestlemania plans seems crazy to me. Then again, it's Vince, so anything is possible.

I think he was angry about the reaction? Like, he was mad at the fans chanting that it was boring.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Professor Funk posted:

You don’t see why the guy who should be winning the Rumble in January being called boring in December is really bad?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Professor Funk posted:

Are they really not going to put Braun over at the Rumble? I sort of assumed Seth/Brock was not going to be the title, for some reason. This feels like the last shot they have with Braun to win the title, at least for a while.

Brock will be champion until the heat death of the universe, or when Roman comes back. Whichever comes first.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
They want Brock as Universal champion if he fights DC for the UFC Heavyweight title, which would happen around March if it does happen. So unless that fight gets definitively cancelled, no chance of Brock losing the title at the Rumble.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

mkay0 posted:

You don’t see why the guy who should be winning the Rumble in January being called boring in December is really bad?

Of course I see why it's bad. But 1) Seth is still probably the most over face on Raw and 2) that match was the victim of bad booking/writing more than anything else. Obviously trying to ascribe rationality to Vince is a hopeless task, but still.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I wonder what a significant push for Balor would be. Is that taking the Intercontinental title from Dean? Having a competitive match with Brock or Braun before losing?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

TV Zombie posted:

I wonder what a significant push for Balor would be. Is that taking the Intercontinental title from Dean? Having a competitive match with Brock or Braun before losing?

Maybe having him win the Rumble and face Bryan instead of Brock? I imagine the IC feud is most likely, but given the lack of main event faces on Smackdown, maybe the Bryan thing isn't impossible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Professor Funk posted:

Of course I see why it's bad. But 1) Seth is still probably the most over face on Raw and 2) that match was the victim of bad booking/writing more than anything else. Obviously trying to ascribe rationality to Vince is a hopeless task, but still.

Everyone in WWE is the victim of bad booking - a few people are able to rise out of it occasionally. IMO Ambrose underperforms given the opportunities he's had.

Put Dean in a fatal four way with Lars Sullivan, Braun, and Drew to see who faces Brock is what I'm saying.