Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jose posted:

I really hope shounen jump get the missing chapters up soon

whoever is doing them has replied to a comment on mangadex and is going to do 32 but hasn't done it yet. Idk why you wouldn't start there though

32 is there now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I really wish there was more world trigger available.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't believe I'm Mineta now.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Hate-senpai posted:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

gently caress you punk I have my original name back.

Also you don't get to call me Hate-senpai when you loving renamed me Hate-Senpai!!!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The curses in jujutsu kaisen are trying to wipe out humanity meanwhile

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Marry Grave
Still no answers on the kid, but thank God Sawyer is immortal and used to dying because that looks like it hurt a lot

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1075798799279218688?s=19

Fuutarou doesn't sound half bad.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I present to you with no other context the greatest way in which two opponents have ever bonded even if one of them isn't quite sure what is happening.

This comic wavers a bit, but this chapter owned if only for this sequence.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Brought To You By posted:

I present to you with no other context the greatest way in which two opponents have ever bonded even if one of them isn't quite sure what is happening.

This comic wavers a bit, but this chapter owned if only for this sequence.

they're right but short girls with big butts also

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My favorite thing is the multiple pages of this guy suddenly having false memories of hanging out with Yuuji.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea that was great

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Wait is that "invincible in your home turf" quote another false memory?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Todo is awesome.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
We can't study: Sensei chapter

When I read something like this I'm reminded of that column where the mangaka mentioned loving 2 and a half man...or was it Big bang theory. Meh, it's the same thing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Jump editor in chief, you can't just leave the story hanging like that.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
People have done some irresponsible things in this manga.
But letting this woman take care of an infant is one of the worst!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you'd think her family would know what a living trainwreck sensei is

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

judging by her sister. Probably not actually.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell yeah Sensei finally gets a chapter focusing on her after so long.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

It's a christmas miracle with the latest ch of birdmen

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

new jujutsu kaisen is out

https://mangadex.org/chapter/503943/1

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sagisawa has good taste

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Ok, after chapter 4 I'm pretty much sold on Chainsaw man now.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulderman posted:

Ok, after chapter 4 I'm pretty much sold on Chainsaw man now.

His dreams are very relatable somehow. I do wonder where they're going with this.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Alder posted:

It's a christmas miracle with the latest ch of birdmen

I am really interested in how Yellow is going to structure the end-game of this series. I still have yet to finish Kekkaishi so I'm not sure how she goes about ending a series. But for Birdmen it's appropriate that she uses so much contrast in her visuals because this story is going to have to end on a morally gray note given there's no easy solution between establishing birdmen on earth and coexisting alongside humans. One the one hand, Eden claims to have created the Seraphs and desires to control their evolution to being something beneficial to humans. They aren't gun shy either as they will eliminate any flocks that don't cooperate and free-range Seraphs aren't seen as a good thing. Child abuse and kidnapping are the least of their crimes.

On the other hand, the Seraphs themselves are a new organism and figuring out how their evolution works and where it will lead. But the further down the line they progress the less human their thoughts become despite all of them being humans by birth. And they aren't innocent themselves as even the man group is willing to brainwash people to get what they want. But you could consider it self defense at this stage, but it's obvious someone is being more proactive with the use of mind manipulation as far as Europe is concerned.

And as Barbara has pointed out, at least some faction of them desire to dominate humans to ensure their continued survival. Which, given that Seraphs have demonstrated the ability to connect over long distances. The idea of a global network restricting human thought isn't outside the realm of possibility, provided Eden doesn't scorch them from the earth first. And with all of this we also have the Rogue eves loving things up in the background with genocide on their minds. And several different Flocks all operating under their own directives.

This is a really good series, but it's also a very broad story and where it's going to go is beyond my ability to predict given we're still unsure of a lot of information while the main characters are now going about collecting specific powers for an unknown goal.

Toudou reminds me of Knuckles from Hunter x Hunter. The guy that also started to Coach the main character on the limitations of his powers in the middle of combat.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ahhhhh gently caress the ending of kekkaishi is so good

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

yea I have a lot of faith that birdmen will end well because of kekkaishi

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

kekkaishi had a melancholic and I'm sure BM will follow in its stead. I recc'd completing the manga and the following anime for shonen fans.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Birdmen is by the kekkaishi person? I'll give it a go. I only read kekkaishi because people itt said it had a really good ending and j liked it

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
birdmen is excellent but the releases are very slow. it's been dropped by scanlators for years at a time and jaimini's box does it on an irregular schedule too.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Jose posted:

Birdmen is by the kekkaishi person? I'll give it a go. I only read kekkaishi because people itt said it had a really good ending and j liked it

yes, it's her latest long running series for awhile but scanlations are slow and why haven't they licensed it

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

FYI, the Viz app doesn't support archive access on kindle, and apparently there is no plans to do so.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

IShallRiseAgain posted:

FYI, the Viz app doesn't support archive access on kindle, and apparently there is no plans to do so.

lame

tho speaking of viz, isn't hinomaru zumo a wsj title? I don't see it on viz but maybe I'm just not using the right spelling

Zandracon
Oct 21, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

lame

tho speaking of viz, isn't hinomaru zumo a wsj title? I don't see it on viz but maybe I'm just not using the right spelling

looks like they don't have it atm
https://twitter.com/VIZMedia/status/1072971111439118336

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Was an issue of Eden’s Zero supposed to come out today? I could have sworn it was supposed to and I’ve been charged but I can’t find it in the app.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Zandracon posted:

looks like they don't have it atm

ah bummer. thanks tho

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ConanThe3rd posted:

Was an issue of Eden’s Zero supposed to come out today? I could have sworn it was supposed to and I’ve been charged but I can’t find it in the app.

It's out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

fan scans for jujutsu kaisen are at 39 now. viz scans start at 40 so we're technically caught up if you include both