Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
loving hell, Sega's dropping the ball so hard it's smashing through through the earth's crust.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Sad but probably for the best. I won’t get my hopes up but it’ll be cool to see another studio get a try at a mainline Sonic game.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Zelder posted:

It's actually good that everyone is making fun of this is the truest essence of being a Sonic fan in 2018

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wasn't Sonic Team made up of just the people who weren't busy that day?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

It was made up of all the programmers too stupid to get out of being assigned to Sonic Team

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Honestly, if Sonic actually gets assigned to Sega of America I'm counting it a good thing.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

Lets see we got two guys who make platforming games, three guys that make racing games, one guy that makes treasure hunting games, one guy that makes shmups, four guys who make fishing games, some weirdo that moved into our basement and won’t shut up about Sonic needing a girlfriend, and, uh...40 guys experienced in pet sims. Okay y’all, make a Sonic game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

MikeJF posted:

Honestly, if Sonic actually gets assigned to Sega of America I'm counting it a good thing.

Sonic has been managed out of the US for years now, the (former?) Sonic Team head and a few others have operated out of LA since 2016.

Sonic Team has contained multiple teams from the get-go, and the division it merged with primarily handled third-party development so the merger doesn't really indicate a hell of a lot about the conduct of either team.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Dec 17, 2018

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SonicMovie/status/1074853082159243264

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

you heard it here first, folks: Sonic is on the gas

he juicin'

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I think they're trying to mimic the tone of the Sonic twitter but don't get it.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Are the guys who did Mania gonna get another crack? That would be cool

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SatansOnion posted:

you heard it here first, folks: Sonic is on the gas

he juicin'

gotta juice, tails

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I didn't see anyone post this, but they put up a Sand Hill remix a couple of days ago for Team Sonic Racing and it's fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tltAglVC3o

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Fuligin posted:

Are the guys who did Mania gonna get another crack? That would be cool

I hope they get tasked with making Sonic: The Movie: The Game.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

The Sonic Chaos and Triple Trouble remakes ought to be decent 16-bit style 'Mania-esque' games.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Ventana posted:

I didn't see anyone post this, but they put up a Sand Hill remix a couple of days ago for Team Sonic Racing and it's fantastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tltAglVC3o

Niiiiice

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There's a new Sonic humble bundle that now includes Mania and Forces, so if you wanted to get either or both of them for cheap along with some older titles that you may have missed, now is the time to do it: https://www.humblebundle.com/games/...tent=cta_button

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Sorry to double post but uuhhhhhhhh

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1075461622137643008?s=19

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Interesting that they did another one. Would be cool if it coincided with more Mania DLC or a Mania 2 announcement.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I imagine it’s more of a Christmas Special type thing.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

theres pretty much no way that another Mania Adventures cartoon doesn't tease some sort of 2nd DLC thing or a Mania 2 or whatever. i doubt there's going to be a full-on announcement but sega doesn't tend to do expensive animation projects just for the hell of it

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1075798241269014529

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*
I'm nerding out about the use of Collision Chaos for Amy meeting Metal Sonic, I love this short!

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Ventana posted:

I'm nerding out about the use of Collision Chaos for Amy meeting Metal Sonic, I love this short!

its so good. along with that walk set to a quasi orchestal tidal tempest.
I especially liked how she walks through angel island mushroom hill and ice cap

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Put Amy Rose in the game you cowards

SeANMcBAY posted:

Interesting that they did another one. Would be cool if it coincided with more Mania DLC or a Mania 2 announcement.

What if: Either Sonic Mania 2 or more Mania DLC that makes Amy Rose playable, and they announce it alongside an announcement of Amy Rose in Smash with all the good Sonic music we've been missing

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
That was cute. Nice to see Classic Amy actually get some time in the limelight in the whole Mania thing; think she was the only one left yet to do so. Fittingly considering, feels like it wraps a nice bow on the thing.

And with pretty much everything to do with Mania, done so brilliantly. Musics already been mentioned, so I'll just highlight how great the outfits of Winter Classic Amy, and I can't believe, I'm saying this, Pajama Eggman. Somewhat started wondering while typing that if the PJs are a reference to something else previously. Like some pick in Sonic the Screensaver or something.

Also I know that the 'Knux is terrible at his job' thing is well known... but apparently Sonic and Amy (somehow) are just wandering the island, Metal is never followed up on and... Eggman is just living on the Island in a base Knuckles is well aware of? I imagine the Master Emerald is in an unrelated issue currently in several dozen pieces at this time too.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/S41tySn4ck/status/1075822086357221377

Pastamania
Mar 5, 2012

You cannot know.
The things I've seen.
The things I've done.
The things he made me do.

Sea Lily posted:

theres pretty much no way that another Mania Adventures cartoon doesn't tease some sort of 2nd DLC thing or a Mania 2 or whatever. i doubt there's going to be a full-on announcement but sega doesn't tend to do expensive animation projects just for the hell of it

Maybe not explicitly 'tease', but it's safe to assume at a minimum a strategy of keeping the good will Mania earned bubbling along until whatever comes next.

Out of curiosity, how did Mania do in JP? In light of the restructuring, and the bit where Mania massively outsold Forces for a fraction of the production budget, I'm assuming not well, and Sonic is a western thing now?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/tyson_hesse/status/1075829997493833728?s=19

Paused
Oct 24, 2010

Paused posted:

...Pajama Eggman. Somewhat started wondering while typing that if the PJs are a reference to something else previously. Like some pick in Sonic the Screensaver or something.

Ha, thanks. Now got me wondering if my subconscious recalled that as as soon as I saw the pic in the tweet it came back to me instantly, or I'm just used to these people being essentially Sonic encyclopedias now, and of course they're going to find something that obscure.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Paused posted:

And with pretty much everything to do with Mania, done so brilliantly. Musics already been mentioned, so I'll just highlight how great the outfits of Winter Classic Amy, and I can't believe, I'm saying this, Pajama Eggman. Somewhat started wondering while typing that if the PJs are a reference to something else previously. Like some pick in Sonic the Screensaver or something.

It was from a pilot short that was loving ace about sonic being loved by everyone and eggman wanting to trashnhis reputation. Was included in sonic jam iirc.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Well goddamn am i late

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Realtalk, Amy and Metal Sonic would be a great final DLC pair if they decided to add a bit more to Mania Plus. At that point, I think you've covered every character people would want to play in Sonic Mania.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I always thought the reason they didn't add them with Mania Plus is because they were holding them back for the sequel.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i think about dr. eggman being a weird dad to metal sonic every day

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

The Bee posted:

Realtalk, Amy and Metal Sonic would be a great final DLC pair if they decided to add a bit more to Mania Plus. At that point, I think you've covered every character people would want to play in Sonic Mania.

Amy could have her Piko Hammer boost she had in some games as her unique ability, get some speed and do insane high jumps, that would be entertaining.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Amy's coming to Smash. We're lacking in cute pink things with hammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Takoluka posted:

Amy's coming to Smash. We're lacking in cute pink things with hammers.

:yeah: