Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Just loving Bomb Northern Ireland to oblivion. We can give the land back to the Irish after we get rid of everyone there. it's the least we can do for them after all the poo poo we did to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Extreme0 posted:

Just loving Bomb Northern Ireland to oblivion. We can give the land back to the Irish after we get rid of everyone there. it's the least we can do for them after all the poo poo we did to them.

you want a bomb fight with northern ireland

have you thought this through?

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Spangly A posted:

I don't think he has OP

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Extreme0 posted:

lol how can you so poorly understand a conflict in your own literal borders.

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

I've heard it from home county tories a few times and they get rare lairy when you ask them how the forces are getting on in antrim

a powerful and muscular empire for sure

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers
the most British thing imaginable is looking at conflicts you created around the planet and opining that "the world would be better off if we just glassed the place"

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Spangly A posted:

Listen mate. I played Shadow President and Cyberjudas. I know what i'm doing.

Grape posted:

lol how can you so poorly understand a conflict in your own literal borders.

I understand it completely. The Northern Irish are just unionists pretending to be British without accepting our British values and ideals.

Therefor it is 100% legitimate to teach them a lesson. They will accept Abortion or we will abort them instead.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Extreme0 posted:

I understand it completely. The Northern Irish are just unionists pretending to be British without accepting our British values and ideals.

Therefor it is 100% legitimate to teach them a lesson. They will accept Abortion or we will abort them instead.

Gosh, if all those Northern Irish are unionists I wonder who was bombing who. Sounds like a pretty consensus having place.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Grape posted:

Gosh, if all those Northern Irish are unionists I wonder who was bombing who. Sounds like a pretty consensus having place.

That's what the Terrorist group known as DUP want.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Extreme0 posted:

Come on, man, I've just gotten used to having bins available at train stations.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

Grape posted:

the unionists bombed the unionists, then they bombed the catholics for outrageous papistry economic anxieties, then an mi5 informant bombed birmingham because west yorkshire police refuse to do any work. This is canon.

gerry adams was just thinkin bout those ducks

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Captain Splendid posted:

Come on, man, I've just gotten used to having bins available at train stations.

YOU LOT HAVE BINS?!

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Spangly A posted:

the unionists bombed the unionists, then they bombed the catholics for outrageous papistry economic anxieties, then an mi5 informant bombed birmingham because west yorkshire police refuse to do any work. This is canon.

gerry adams was just thinkin bout those ducks

But wait, going off what my Scottish friend was saying uh, all these individuals are unionists. I assume this Gerry Adams individual is a DUP member. :raise:

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

Grape posted:

I assume this Gerry Adams individual is a DUP member. :raise:

Correct. He was born in Belfast and is automatically drafted into the DUP.

All those duck pictures are just him undercover as a goofy republican.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

holy lmao

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

SardonicTyrant posted:

Brexit: Bravely Default

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

SardonicTyrant posted:

works on multiple levels

VeganEverestDeath
May 1, 2017
David Davis has been called an "addlepated popinjay" by The Economist.

Heavens.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

VeganEverestDeath posted:

David Davis has been called an "addlepated popinjay" by The Economist.

Heavens.

checks out

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

SardonicTyrant posted:

lol

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
iirc the real issue with California's prop system is that if a prop passes the legislature has to do it even if the funding is unplanned for or unclear

so for example if CA voters pass a $100b light rail project prop that doesn't spell out bonds being issued or a tax being raised, the legislature just has to figure out where to get $100b from to do it with.

Fallen Hamprince posted:

california's housing market and municipal governments have been hosed for generations because of a ballot initiative that caps property taxes at 1% and freezes the assessed value of real estate at the value at time of purchase plus inflation, so san francisco grandmas can pay $200 a year on property worth multiple millions of dollars

like yeah but that's not just because the prop system exists. If it didn't then the realtor's association and etc. would just lobby at the legislative level to get all those same things done (like they do now anyway)

the gay marriage one got flooded with out of state funding from religious groups (lots of mormon money). That's again not an issue with the prop system so much as just campaign finance fuckery that is endemic in all elections in this country.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 09:12 on Dec 21, 2018

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

SardonicTyrant posted:

It never ends

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
In non specific Brexit news, the FT's people of the year column is excellent snark.

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2018/12/20/1545308879000/FTAV-Person-of-Interest-2018--The-Longlist/

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tarbrush posted:

In non specific Brexit news, the FT's people of the year column is excellent snark.

https://ftalphaville.ft.com/2018/12/20/1545308879000/FTAV-Person-of-Interest-2018--The-Longlist/

not registering, plz quote

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

i say swears online posted:

not registering, plz quote

Huh, you normally get a few free articles off them. Anyway.

Elon Musk - Blunt weapon
Mohammed bin Salman - Articles declaiming MbS's agenda of enlightened liberal reform have become less frequent following the murder of a person that journalists might plausibly have met at a dinner party.
Mike Ashley - The Midlands sweatpant buddha has proven once again that he alone has the vision to reinvent the UK high street in a way that works for everyone except customers, suppliers, employees, landlords, investees, sports teams, their supporters, lawmakers, taxpayers, vicars, shareholdersand chimney sweeps.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/1076046215949795328?s=19

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Time to go buy a book on foraging for berries and mushrooms

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
cant wait for my monthly ration of tree bark and grass, sorry if you've had your appendix removed but at least you'll be used to organ harvest

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

are there still laws on th--- oh who am I kidding, the British Army will be stationed in and around the Queen's forests

Rozzbot
Nov 4, 2009

Pork, lamb, chicken and ham
I've got 4 tins of beans and 2 tins of sardines in my pantry so I'm ready to see this through

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

it’s time for the British government to start investing in the skills that will power the future economy, such as hagfish-catching, hare-jugging and thatch hut construction

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
I am going to finally eat a Swan

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
You have three months to buy a an enormous bag of rice and stuff your freezer, you can do it

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Fans posted:

I am going to finally eat a Swan

They are really not that tasty

But springtime and summer are in fact good for foraging, if you live near a hedgerow you'll be fine

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Victory Position posted:

are there still laws on th--- oh who am I kidding, the British Army will be stationed in and around the Queen's forests

The royal family will keep getting fatter and fatter but at least the homeless population around Buckingham has been declining

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

twoday posted:

You have three months to buy a an enormous bag of rice and stuff your freezer, you can do it

Lol the freezer food will perish in the rolling blackouts. It's cans and dry goods all the way for me.

Also alcohol and Kendall mint cake for trading.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

Hentai Jihadist posted:

The royal family will keep getting fatter and fatter but at least the homeless population around Buckingham has been declining

cannibalizing poor people would be far below a royal family’s station, it would be like dracula drinking the blood of rodents. if i were a peer tho I’d be v careful about royal dinner invitations post-brexit though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

namesake posted:

Lol the freezer food will perish in the rolling blackouts. It's cans and dry goods all the way for me.

Also alcohol and Kendall mint cake for trading.

I think beans and rice can be stored dry.

Also, I think "Kendall mint cake" was the name of a character on The Young Ones.